Views from Above [Rayes]

Gale meets Rayes again and the brawler decides to show him views of the city from the rooftops.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Views from Above [Rayes]

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 10th, 2012, 4:05 am

Gale looked at Rayes confused slightly when he complimented on his drawing. Boy, was he strange. He would never be able to understand Rayes, that's for sure. He wasn't sure if he would show him the other pictures though. It's not like Rayes would do anything as inconsiderate as ruining them after complimenting them. Yet again, he didn't think about being polite when he pushed him back at the Kelp Bar. Why would he care what they were anyway? They were just drawings anyway. He couldn't imagine a simple picture having any significance to Rayes. But he supposed it wouldn't do any harm to-

Gale was interrupted by Rayes' question. "Yes it is actually. I do live there and I am not going to carry these ll day." He said.

Oh shyke. Why did he tell him he lived there? Gale sighed. Oh well. It's not like he can't put two and two together and figure it out on his own.
Last edited by Gale Austin McCenry on August 20th, 2012, 4:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Views from Above [Rayes]

Postby Ray on August 10th, 2012, 4:39 am

Gale nodded and gave a curt reply, causing Rayes to laugh out loudly.

“Ain’t fate funny…” he said, more to himself than the artist.

Though he found the fact that they lived in the same place, Rayes found no reason to tell him. They lived in different worlds, woke and slept different times, had no contact with each other inside the inn and continuing that way would be perfectly fine. And amusing if they ever ran into each other again in the city. Which would have to happen sometime, because annoying this man was prize entertainment.

“Anyway, you didn’t answer me. Flowers can’t be the only thing you draw."
Ray
Player

Words: 54228
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2012, 10:53 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Views from Above [Rayes]

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 10th, 2012, 4:53 am

Gale looked at Rayes again with an raised eyebrow at him comment and laugh. What was he laugh at? He didn't see anything amusing about what he said. Wait......He said he was new to Zeltiva when they talked at the bar didn't he? Oooh no, he better not live there too.

"Why would you want to know. I doubt you're looking to buy one." Gale told him in response.

Gale was starting to get curious. Rayes seemed to be very interested in him. Why was he so persistent in annoying him? They haven't even exchanged names yet. Real names at least.
Last edited by Gale Austin McCenry on August 20th, 2012, 4:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Views from Above [Rayes]

Postby Ray on August 10th, 2012, 5:07 am

This man was getting awfully defensive, but the more they talked the more Rayes could see that there might just be a little justification for that.

He held up his hands. “Hey, hey, no need to be up in arms, it was just a question. I asked ‘cause I’m curious. ‘Sides, I tell who people are by what they do, not what they say.”
Ray
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Views from Above [Rayes]

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 10th, 2012, 5:22 am

Gale groaned in frustration. He had to hand it to him though, it was a good policy to go by. Gale couldn't disagree with that. With a huff Gale gave in.

"It's just a couple of different types of views." Gale switched his flower portrait to his left hand and held up one of theocean.

He remembered drawing the ocean in the sand as a kid. Ended up meeting his wife and a very strange Nuit. Gale sighed at the memory and looked at Rayes carefully. He didn't want him to get any ideas. Gale was being cautious with this man for a reason. And in his mind, being pushed into battle by him was a very good reason.
Last edited by Gale Austin McCenry on August 20th, 2012, 4:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Views from Above [Rayes]

Postby Ray on August 10th, 2012, 5:35 am

Rayes tilted his head.

“Nice piece.” He sighed wistfully and returned his gaze to the pavement they were walking on. “A view isn’t something to take for granted. Place I grew up, a nice view was supposed to be the wall of the next house over. Cramped. Nothing to see but smoke and stone. There was really only one way to get a good view,” he remembered fondly, “you’d have to be good at running, though, because you’d…”

Rayes stopped dead as an idea washed over him like a bucket of ice water. A grin began to stretch across his face, and after a few second he realized that he had stopped and he hurried to catch up to Gale.

“I have an idea,” he stated, still grinning idiotically. “You still got any blank paper?”
Ray
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Views from Above [Rayes]

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 10th, 2012, 5:51 am

Gale let his hand down, along with the drawing. He took the flower picture again and moved it to his right once more. He realized Rayes had stopped talking and actually stopped walking all together. When Ray caught up he asked if he had any spare paper. What?

"I'd have to stop by my place. Why?" Gale questioned, wonder what was going through Rayes' head.

He suddenly stopped and then asked if he had paper. Did he actually want a drawing? Gale was awfully confused at this point, not knowing what to predict from the brawler. Very strange man indeed.
Last edited by Gale Austin McCenry on August 20th, 2012, 4:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Views from Above [Rayes]

Postby Ray on August 10th, 2012, 5:55 am

The grin spread wider.

“Since you’re stopping by there anyway, get some. I got an idea.”

The itch at the nape of his neck had stopped as he realized what stupid thing he wanted to do, and each step was practically a bounce as he turned to look at Gale with childlike mischief written all over his face.

“I think I know something you just might like to see.”
Ray
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Views from Above [Rayes]

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 10th, 2012, 6:20 am

"Aaaaaand why should I trust you?"

Gale watched his grin grow as they neared their homes. He had a bad feeling about this. He had a bad feeling throughtout the conversation however. And what was the bounce in his step for? Did he always do that and he just hadn't notice till now? Also noting his facial expression, Gale was glad it wasn't like the look he had gotten when he was pushed over. But the look still made him slightly nervous.
Last edited by Gale Austin McCenry on August 20th, 2012, 4:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Views from Above [Rayes]

Postby Ray on August 10th, 2012, 6:27 am

“You shouldn’t, really, but it’s a good idea!”

He realized that that didn’t really make sense, but didn’t dwell on it.

“It’s nothing, really. I just know place that has a really good view that I doubt you’ve seen before.”

That was a bit of a lie, but Rayes didn’t feel guilty. He didn’t know a specific place, but he knew how to find one and now was a good enough time to start unorthodox exploring as any.

“Come on, it’ll be harmless! Here,” he put one hand over his heart in mock seriousness. “I do solemnly swear that I will not kick you face first into any drunken waveguards, there will be no alcohol and no hypnotism will have to take place.” He dropped his hand and returned to his usual snarky self. “There. It won’t even be dangerous, I promise.”
Ray
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext