[Character Sheets] Q&A

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

[Character Sheets] Q&A

Postby Prophet on April 6th, 2017, 3:45 am

Flashbacks have to be done in thread -not your cs- to be awarded xp.
Prophet
Illumination's Downfall

Words: 666872
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Chat Mod (1)

[Character Sheets] Q&A

Postby Pentacle on April 6th, 2017, 3:51 am

Hello :)

Just to elaborate on what Prophet said, you're more than welcome to write Flashback threads (which take place prior to your creation date), but they will still earn experience points the same way as for any other thread. It would be based on roleplaying your character doing the skill in which you want to improve upon (1 exp per post).

This is largely a game mechanic so that all new characters start on the same footing and so you can work and grow your character as you continue to roleplay here. Even if your character is hundreds of years old, it's not nearly as fun starting off as 'all powerful' and with no meaningful goals for your character to progress towards.

So yes you can write Flashbacks but skill points are still earned the same way with Flashback threads.
Pentacle
CS Liaison

Words: 17410
Joined roleplay: October 31st, 2016, 3:11 am
Race: Staff account

[Character Sheets] Q&A

Postby Kesh Baldur on April 6th, 2017, 5:52 am

Sweet I'm alright with that, just wanted to make sure what needed to be done in case I wanted to go that route. Thanks for the help!

I guess the next thing to ask is if I want to have a flashback where would I post it, with my character or on a different thread? If you can provide links I'll make sure to do them there.
Kesh Baldur
Player

Words: 30041
Joined roleplay: April 5th, 2017, 10:45 pm
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

[Character Sheets] Q&A

Postby Dove Brown on April 10th, 2017, 10:01 pm

To do a flashback, you start a thread in whichever city your character would have been in at the time the flashback is dated. You can only start threads in cities that are currently open. If the city you need isn't open, then you have to wait until it is to write a flashback there.

Does that make sense?
Very busy at work. May not be around much for a while.
Threads: 3/3

Dove Brown
Keeping my head, my backbone, and my heart

Words: 179952
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2015, 9:36 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Mizahar Mentor (1) Mizahar Grader (1)