[Character Sheets] Q&A

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

[Character Sheets] Q&A

Postby Jupiter on August 16th, 2013, 4:58 am

Hey Evera! I’ve answered your questions below!

• Your personality looks fine! But there isn’t anything currently listed for your history in your character sheet, so I can’t check that. :P You aren’t actually required to have that part filled out when you start. You can add it as you go!
  • Racial bonus points are separate from starting skill points. So you’d get the 50 that come with the starting package along with an extra 15 that are your racial bonus. Also keep in mind that all your racial bonus points must be in the same skill.
  • If you mean what I think you mean, then no, it’s not allowed. You are required to base your character sheet off the starting package.
  • Also, while I was looking over your character sheet, I found a small problem that you’ll need to change. Bibles don’t actually exist within Mizahar. You can however choose a book on one of the gods in Mizahar! Here is a link to all the gods to help you with choosing!

If you need help with anything else, feel free to ask! :)
Jupiter
Let me help you

Words: 44855
Joined roleplay: May 17th, 2013, 8:14 pm
Race: Staff account
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

[Character Sheets] Q&A

Postby Evera on August 16th, 2013, 5:40 pm

Hi everyone! I'm back again, and could use some further review of my character sheet.

Tentatively, I feel like it doesn't describe the character nearly enough.
Evera
Player

Words: 3284
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2013, 10:36 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

[Character Sheets] Q&A

Postby Jupiter on August 16th, 2013, 6:23 pm

Alright! I’ve taken a look at it!

I thought your description of your character was fine, but that’s really your choice. You should put however much description of her that you’d prefer! If you like her personality description the way it is now, then you should keep it. However, if you feel like you’d like more about her, then you should add what you want in! :)

I’ve also noticed a few problems that you’ll need to fix in it!

• You’re still missing your racial bonus.
  • You are required to start with lores. If she doesn’t remember anything from her past, you can make them things that she’s learned recently.
  • If she’s homeless you may want for her to stay in an inn in Nyka because homeless character’s aren’t always approved. I’m asking another staff member about this though, so I’ll let you know for sure! :)

Let me know if you need help with any of these changes!
Jupiter
Let me help you

Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

[Character Sheets] Q&A

Postby Evera on August 16th, 2013, 6:29 pm

I've edited it again, this time including the lores and 15 bonus points.

Also, I'm not very familiar with Nyka. I'd like her to stay at an inn with job opportunities; do you know any good ones for her, or should I cook one up?
Evera
Player

Words: 3284
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2013, 10:36 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

[Character Sheets] Q&A

Postby Jupiter on August 16th, 2013, 9:43 pm

Okay, it seems like there's still one small problem that needs fixing and you'll be good to go! In your skills, you'll need to notate the starting package points from the racial bonus points. You're fine in most cases, but you need to change your Singing skill to:

SkillEXPTotalProficiency
Singing5 SP + 15 RB30Competent

The Safehavel Hostel is the inn in Nyka. Also you'll want to post up in The Employment Office to get your character a job. Of course, you'll need to finish your character sheet first. :)
Jupiter
Let me help you

Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

[Character Sheets] Q&A

Postby Tani on August 18th, 2013, 8:16 am

Hullo folks,

I've been planning out my Drykas-raised Kelvic, and I've run into a few questions regarding Kelvics among the Drykas and life in the plains generally. Any help you could provide would be wonderful. I'm keen to get the details right so I can get started!

• Is clan among the Drykas determined solely by birth, or does an individual have some say in their profession?
  • As I understand it, the basic societal units of the Drykas are the Pavillions, but do they tend to travel clustered together or spread out over a wide area? What would be the strength, in terms of numbers, of a typical encampment, if there is such a thing?
  • I understand the Drykas are generally accepting of foreigners who wish to join them, but how would they react to Kelvics born among them? The Drykas are so closely connected to their animals, I'm unsure as to whether they would treat a Kelvic as another exceptionally intelligent creature, rather than a humanoid. Could one ever belong to a clan (not that Tani has the faintest interest in that, mind)?
  • Would it be possible to find Endrykas without a webber, if someone had knowledge of The Run and sufficient time to search, or would the size and hazards of the Grasslands doom such an attempt to failure from the start?

Thanks for sitting through all of that. Oh, and do ignore the character sheet. I suspect I'll be revising it a great deal over the next few days.

Thanks to Arundel for the awesome post template!
Tani
Law of the Jungle.

Words: 50129
Joined roleplay: August 12th, 2013, 12:31 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

[Character Sheets] Q&A

Postby Spike on August 20th, 2013, 11:42 am

Okay, So! It seems I've jumped the gun a bit on my character's location do to a rather overzealous persuit of a particular idea that's been buzzing about in my head. I've now begun to think it would be best to actually RP his move from Zeltiva to Syliras at a later date, once he's... well, just more than he currently is. I have not begun actually posting in Syliras yet, and I was hoping it was not too late to correct my mistake.

So my question is thus: It's not too late to change Spike's starting location yet, is it?
S P I K E
The Pycon
"Common" - "Ancient tongue"
Spike
Player

Words: 8735
Joined roleplay: August 19th, 2013, 2:07 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

[Character Sheets] Q&A

Postby Wanderlust on August 21st, 2013, 1:31 am

Tani :
For such specific questions, it might be better to PM a Storyteller -- like Banickle -- who would probably know more about the Drykas than us Liaisons! :) Of course, one of the other liaisons might be able to shed some light on your questions.

Spike :
Yep! You're allowed to edit aspects of your CS so long as you're under 50 posts and haven't used the aspect in question in any IC threads!

Wanderlust
Look, no hands!

Words: 16320
Joined roleplay: July 21st, 2013, 4:50 pm
Scrapbook

[Character Sheets] Q&A

Postby Tani on August 21st, 2013, 12:15 pm

Thanks for the reply Wanderlust. I've had a bit of a poke around the Cyphrus board and I think I've managed to piece together a answers for most of my questions for now. :) I'm certain they'll be more in time, but for now the sun is shining high, the birds are singing, and all is right with the world.

Thanks to Arundel for the awesome post template!
Tani
Law of the Jungle.

Words: 50129
Joined roleplay: August 12th, 2013, 12:31 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

[Character Sheets] Q&A

Postby Xeona on August 27th, 2013, 11:03 am

Hey, just a quick question: if I'm a ghost, do I still have belongings?

Also throwing in my CS for a review: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post303265.html#p303265
Don't mind me, just passing though...

"Xeona's speech" "Xeona's thoughts" "Describing stuff" "NPC talks"
Xeona
Sorry to pop in unannounced

Words: 28603
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2013, 6:14 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

PreviousNext