[OOC Thread] Into the Wilds...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Calima on May 4th, 2010, 4:07 am

Well, I made my first thread! Hopefully Calima gets a somewhat nasty but survivable first encounter.

Also, I read Day of the Dead, where the Myrians eat some Charoda. :O
Calima
Reaching From Water

Words: 2996
Joined roleplay: April 22nd, 2010, 12:25 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet

Postby Siiri on May 4th, 2010, 5:39 am

Yeah, Siiri was actually part of the group that captured them. You can read it in Meat is Meat.

Falyndar is brutal, I hope you're ready for it. =)
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Words: 521753
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2009, 3:22 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Mao on May 30th, 2010, 8:32 am

Cay baby, done with Heart of the Wild, just a note for you! : D
Mao
Nyancat

Words: 151412
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2010, 10:03 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Lore Author (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Donor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Rage on April 30th, 2011, 1:19 am

Greetings, my tasty meatbags!

I see we've had a certain number of new players starting in this most wonderful... friendliest.... in this region, and as your Storyteller, I would like to ask: what would you like to see and experience in Falyndar? Throw them at me, folks, whether through here or in PM.

Hope to hear from you!

...if I don't, just remember: I know where you live...

Notice: I will not be available for modding in the foreseeable future until I've cleared up my backlog of Miz stuff (PC and ST-wise). Hopefully, it's a temporary thing, but we'll see. I will still grade your threads, however.
Rage
Devourer of Souls

Words: 109059
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2010, 4:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Rage on June 1st, 2011, 4:55 pm

Heads up, potential victims, I have news!

For those of you intending to visit one of the wonderful and exciting cities of mainland Falyndar, I would require for you make a sort of 'travel thread' as your PCs go through the Jungle Wilds...just so you can enjoy the exciting ambiance of my territory. And also, well, to really get a feel of the region.

So that means only Myrians and Kelvics born and bred in Taloba can immediately post in that city, and only Dhani Constrictors can immediately post in Zinrah. Everyone else, it's one thread in the Jungle for you! *insert evil laughter here*

Ok, you may be wondering, "Why that scruffy-looking nerf-herder Rage! Who does he think he is, making up rules like that?! Why can't I go straight to Taloba/Zinrah/other notable locations in the region?" The answer is simple: Your characters don't know where these locations are, only the locals do. Unless you have a Lore stating that your PC knows where those locations are, or can fly, you can't get there on your own.

As Manny Pacquiao would say, "Now you know."

Think of it this way: You will get XP for those threads. And I'm a very generous mod. ;)

The only exception for this rule is if Cayenne countermands it. Naturally. What my boss says goes. :D

...I should have posted this in News Around The Campfire...

Notice: I will not be available for modding in the foreseeable future until I've cleared up my backlog of Miz stuff (PC and ST-wise). Hopefully, it's a temporary thing, but we'll see. I will still grade your threads, however.
Rage
Devourer of Souls

Office

Postby Rage on February 3rd, 2012, 2:28 pm

A little late, but better than nothing...

On the 70th of Winter, 511 AV, after midnight, a magnitude 6++ was triggered in the jungle wilds, its epicenter somewhere between Taloba and the Northern Pass, directly north and south of those locales, respectively. There's an on-going quest that will use this location, so unless you're involved in it, please stay away from that general area in your threads. I'm just putting this notice up in case any of you playing in the region decide to factor that event into your RP. For any questions, PM me.

That is all.

Rage
Devourer of Souls

Office

Postby Rage on March 6th, 2012, 2:29 am

The Wild Djed Storm of 512 AV

Please take note of the following events brought about the Wild Djed storm that resulted from Ivak's escape from his imprisonment:

• The storm will rage through the region on the 1st of Spring, 512 AV for a full hour (exact time to be added later).
  • The Myrians blockading the main entrance of Zinrah will vanish into thin air, leaving only the items they had with them - armor, weapons, etc, will drop to the ground as if their wearers and owners suddenly turned insubstantial. Any mixed blood part of this company will not be affected as such, but they will be extremely sick - severe vomiting, muscle cramps and intense headaches will be the norm. It would feel as if something inside of them is trying to rip itself from their body but can't. Any animals they may have with them, be it Myrian Tigers, Tskannas, horses, Kelvic bondmates will be unaffected. The scene would look as if some divine force had decided to snatch away all the pureblooded Myrians, leaving everything else in its passing. The Dhani, realizing that they are unwatched by their antagonists for the first time in 200 years, will come out in force.
  • Any Dhani that are outside during the wild djed storm will find themselves stuck in the form they are currently holding, be it human, Dhani or snake form. This change will be permanent, unless they discover some magical way to remove whatever is holding them back from shifting, or if Siku steps in to grant them the gift of shapeshifting again, or if they learned Morphing. The pitiful ones are those that are in mid-shift when the storm hits - they will retain the form they were in during whatever stage of the shapeshifting process they were undergoing, leaving them grotesque and malformed.
  • The wildlife will become more aggressive, especially the predators, making the jungle even more dangerous than it had been.
  • Asheera, the half-Myrian/half-Dhani reimancer NPC living outside of Taloba who embraced her Myrian heritage more than her Dhani half, will find herself able to shift into snake form... and totally despise herself for it.
  • The plant life will grow at an incredibly fast pace as the stream of wild djed surges through the jungle, erasing in the span of a day any existing trails the Myrians and other sentients may have made over the years.
  • Areas covered by pools of wild djed will expand, as well as instances of Qamur (if any).
  • The Reflecting Pool will churn out as many of the simulacra of all the being it had ever absorbed since its creation as it can during the duration of the storm. Some of these will die in the jungle, while those who can survive the dangers of the jungle will roam it until they expire from exposure. Those who find their way to Taloba and Zinrah will try to integrate themselves in the respective societies before spreading their mischief.
  • As the storm begins, at the behest of the Goddess-Queen Myri, the Shadow Guard marches once more, continuing the duty that they began at the onset of the Valterrian, hunting for the survivors and reclaiming lost Tigers. They will annihilate any strangers in the jungle that they find.

Important Notice:
Players, please take note that your PC's may NOT undergo any mutations stated herein. You may have them affect your NPCs (friends, family members, etc), but not your own PC.

Rage
Devourer of Souls

Office

Postby Sashisaxani on May 31st, 2012, 12:44 am

Outbreak (Open)

I'm sorry this is so late posted, but I did want to take advantage of the break in the blockade. Falyndar residents in the loca area at the time are welcome to join. I just want to put this to OOC so players can mark teir PLACEHOLDER POST in the thread. (You need to have a POST in the thread even as a placeholder). Order for these first posts will not determine a post order. The opening is situated that anyone can be following along or observing the occurances. After my next post (given a week's time if no one has an objection to that, please PM) we can pick it up into a post order as the primary thread action takes place.

To all my dhani out there, I love you! Ya... Hey! Woo! Right then. It's going to be your chance to scavenge some weapons or armors left by the dead Myrians or taken from the half-breeds. There are plenty of wild things out here very ready to kill you. I wouldn't be surprised if Rage or Cayenne happened to have a stray Myrian Tiger attack a group of us, or worse... Welcome to Falyndar, on that note.

Please be generous, honest, and considerate of the opportunity provided in this thread. It is not so you can hoard free stuff. Find what you need, take it, and use it well. Don't over burder yourself, we will leave you for dead. All hoarders are welcome, so long as you're collecting for Zinrah collectively and do your very best to get all those goodies back to the nest.
Remember, this is the blockade. Nothing overly valuable would be here given common odds. Maybe you can find one shiney thing that you really like, but be fair about it all or some mods will be very, very sad/mad.

Lastely, Siku is watching... don't do anything dumb. Direct questions regarding this thread to OOC. Others might be questioning similarly. Be prompt with placeholders!!!!!!!
Sashisaxani
For Her Glory

Words: 150765
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2012, 10:19 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Schism on July 4th, 2012, 11:27 pm

Hello players of the Jungle Wilds. I'm just dropping by to say hello. If you notice the little note on the side, I can take grading and moderations requests in this domain as well. If you notice Rage's office is a little busy, feel free to submit it to my office instead. It helps to divide the load (no matter how much he wants to be the one to grade your stories :P). Keep it real, boys and girls, real dangerous. *cue Mission Impossible music while leaping over tigers and snakes*
Schism
AS: Zinrah & The Jungle Wilds

Words: 118707
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2012, 2:32 am
Office

Postby Schism on October 30th, 2012, 12:18 am

Greetings Flayndar players,

Given a recent PM from a player lurking our region, I feel the need to put this message out to OOC threads. If you could please forward all thread and moderation requests towards me I’d be happy to assist you to the best of my ability. Cayenne and Rage are still very much around in the world, but have their respective duties, responsibilities, and lives to work around. It’s just bad timing that we’re all busy. Being the least busy, from what I can tell, I’ll do what I can to pick up whatever slack there is. Therefore, please refer to my office for all requests, etc. as I will not get a notification from your posting elsewhere. Long live Falyndar, and –of course- welcome to the jungle…

For sake of argument, here’s the link to my office as well: The Argument

Keep it classy, kiddos.

-Schism
Schism
AS: Zinrah & The Jungle Wilds

Words: 118707
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2012, 2:32 am
Office

PreviousNext