[Elysium & Eosi's Scrap] Pithy Insights

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

[Sybel's Scrapbook] Lust for Adventure

Postby Sybel on February 20th, 2013, 10:44 pm

Elysium

"Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.” - Rumi

This was on the front page of Deviant Art today, aptly named Elysium.

"I am wild, full-blooded and a trifle reckless." - Ser Arthur Conan Doyle
Sybel
I drive a hard bargain.

Words: 310247
Joined roleplay: October 14th, 2012, 4:53 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

[Sybel's Scrapbook] Lust for Adventure

Postby Elysium on April 16th, 2013, 1:58 pm

All the things..

So I've been bouncing back and forth between stupidly happy and absolutely pissed - we've had some of the nicest weather since last November, yet it seems all of my financial issues have chosen now to ambush me. I'm barely keeping my head above water and all my plans to move out are falling through; my phone has been shut off, I don't have a cent to my name and I have one high-tread tire on the front end of my car as opposed to my three other super-bald tires. And to those without a car, that basically means I am at high risk when it comes to rain... Of any kind. And it's April.

I'm just grateful to have a roof over my head and a way to get to work. I really am. Especially with the Boston Marathon bombings yesterday.

One of the things I'm grateful for is this promotion to DS. I've never really gotten this far on a roleplaying site, let alone as an administrator. Nothing has ever held my interest for long enough. I think it's a sign of maturity in part, but also a love for writing re-discovered. Here, I'm encouraged to embrace my creativity. That's reason enough to stick around. :) But further, I've found a group of dedicated, like-minded people worth working for. This community of writers is by far one of the most welcoming. I'm honestly so grateful for the players I have in my city and the people who put up with my PCs so thank you all.

The other thing I'm grateful for is just being alive. I was watching a documentary yesterday on the 9/11 terror attacks when Andrew IM'd me: "Are you okay?"

When I changed the channel, my heart dropped. Domestic or foreign, religious or political, it doesn't matter. No one has the right to claim life like that. Some of the reports say that paramedics were removing ball bearings from people's flesh... I'm appalled sometimes to remember what exactly we're all capable of.

I think the thing I'm most grateful for however, is this.

It was said that out of those crossing the finish line at the marathon, many kept running to the hospital... So they could donate blood. I teared up when I heard that. Out of every tragedy there is a man willing to sacrifice. To every murderer, we can be reminded of those who'd lay down their lives to stop them. My heart is with the families of those who lost their lives.

"I bequeath myself to the dirt to grow from the grass I love,

If you want me again look for me under your boot-soles."
Elysium
Never venture, never win.

Words: 519270
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2012, 9:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

[Sybel & Elysium's Scrapbook] Lust for Adventure

Postby Elysium on April 18th, 2013, 7:56 pm

This is how I feel right now:

Elysium

Office
Scrapbook
Artist (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Elysium on April 22nd, 2013, 3:44 pm

I really, really, really hate being sick.

That is all.
Elysium

Office
Scrapbook
Artist (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Blooming on April 22nd, 2013, 3:47 pm

Get better Ely! I know how you feel... I have a throat sore but I still went school... now I have a little temperature...

*Gives Flower* Let's make tea from it for us! And drink tea like ladies! :P

Thank you Phoenix! ~
Blooming
Let Mizahar bloom

Words: 14480
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2013, 10:47 am

Postby Elysium on April 23rd, 2013, 6:27 pm

Tea sounds delightful right about now.

I'm still sick, though it's no longer the kind where I want to commit ritual suicide. Now I'm just at the point where I want to kill everyone else.

There'll be a serious update a bit later.
Elysium

Office
Scrapbook
Artist (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Blooming on April 23rd, 2013, 6:32 pm

This is for you my dear:

Here :

Thank you Phoenix! ~
Blooming
Let Mizahar bloom

Words: 14480
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2013, 10:47 am

Postby Sybel on April 27th, 2013, 1:49 pm

Impromptu Vacations

So today, I'm headed off to the beach. It's just a day-trip but it was sort of sprung on me at the last minute. Thus, I've been up since early this morning trying to get current with all my backlogged threads. If you are reading this and a person who I no longer owe something, please forgive me! I let poor Sybel slide with all of my moderating and whatnot so I am now scrambling to pick up the pieces. In the future, I am going to balance both halves of my Mizaharian life. Well, I'm going to try, anyway.

A lot of unpleasant things are happening to me lately. It's almost as if life has been storing these events up until the weather improved so it could drop them on me all at once. I hate that feeling. But yet, I don't seem to be handling it poorly... Thank god for the sun. Vitamin D has been my saving grace.

Well, that's all for now. I have two women hovering around me, waiting for me to get ready and go. What a bunch of pushers.

Sybel
I drive a hard bargain.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sybel on April 30th, 2013, 2:14 pm

Forced March

There's nothing better than being forcibly ejected from your house.

Some of you already knew I was in the process of moving, but what you didn't know was that I'd declared it financially unrealistic until I got a second job. That was before I was told I had ten days to get out, anyway.

Now I'm in high gear. I've finally found a place that will let me, my sister and our roommate move in immediately and it's really nice. It's a two-bedroom house right on the water for 895/month. All three of us ladies have the money upfront and will most likely be moving in by the weekend. It's very exciting but also means that once again, I will have no life. Not that it matters, of course. The most important thing is having a safe, stable environment to live in.

I will have pictures at a later date and I've been given permission to creepily peer into the windows of our prospective home, so I'll be doing that in an hour or so.

And now for something completely different:

Sybel's Overdue Solo List
  • Job threads for Winter, 512
  • Job threads for Spring, 513
  • Wilderness Survival & Land Navigation
  • Baldy's Nyka Flashback

Sybel
I drive a hard bargain.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Elysium on May 25th, 2013, 4:22 am

UPDATE
I am moving this weekend into a temporary place, as time has finally run out. Currently, I've been awake for 17 hours and am on the verge of collapse. My life will be up and running again in short order.

That is all.
Elysium

Office
Scrapbook
Artist (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

PreviousNext