[Elysium & Eosi's Scrap] Pithy Insights

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

[Sybel & Elysium's Scrapbook] Lust for Adventure

Postby Wrenmae on May 26th, 2013, 4:52 pm

Best hopes things settle down a bit for you in the coming days!

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Elysium on June 12th, 2013, 12:39 pm

"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves."
- Shakespeare
Elysium
Never venture, never win.

Words: 519270
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2012, 9:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Elysium on June 29th, 2013, 10:25 pm

In loving memory...

I had to put down my dog today. It was the hardest thing I think I've ever had to do. She died in my arms, in the back room. There is no real way to articulate how I'm feeling right now. Her name was Sadie and she was the only dog I've ever had. We used to call her the 'dingo dog' because she is a pitbull-husky mix. She seriously looked like a dingo. This dog mind you, was nothing short of a pain in the ass. She would steal and eat whole trays of brownies, moldy thanksgiving turkeys, halloween candy... She even drank anti-freeze once. And she was the most talented escape artist imaginable. But despite it all, she was so sweet. My baby girl.

But last year when my stepmother split for California, Sadie developed a tumor. We hoped it was just a calcium deposit or a fatty tumor... Something benign. But it grew larger and larger, with me helpless to stop it. My Father didn't have the money and the funds he continued to borrow rendered me flat broke over half of the time. But I still feel pain and guilt for not finding a way. I feel responsible. After I moved out about a month ago, the growth literally expanded to the size of a grapefruit. She started shaking all the time. I couldn't let her die a slow, agonizing death. So I did what I had to do.

I read this poem on the back of the cremation pamphlet today. It hurts, but I am so glad to have known her. She might have been a pain in the ass, but she was a beautiful, loving animal and she is already missed.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

I love you Sadie. I just wish we had more time together. I'll see you again one day, I promise.
Elysium

Office
Scrapbook
Artist (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Shausha on July 4th, 2013, 3:12 am

my eyes are drooling
__________________________________________________________________________________

I am so, so sorry for your loss.

I wish I didn't have to give you words of comfort; I wish I could wrap my arms around you in a hug.

There is hardly anything to say. I am so sorry.
My dog died in almost the exact same way. He could hardly breathe the growth within his lungs was so large. I was 3 when we got him and 16 when he died. He was my first dog and we grew up together.

Pugster lookin crazy ^.^

Love from me to you. I'm sure Sadie and Pugster will keep each other company until we get to the rainbow bridge as well.

Shausha
Is it the sun down yet?

Words: 99565
Joined roleplay: May 16th, 2013, 7:28 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Sybel on July 4th, 2013, 4:52 pm

Updates

Thank you, Shausha. You have no idea how much that means to me. I'm so thankful for everyone's support.

Speaking of which, Sybel is back in action. I'm slowly revitalizing all of my PCs, but I'm starting with her because... Well, she's my baby. What can I say? Anyway, if you'd like a thread she'll be in Riverfall for the foreseeable future.

She's a droll Benshira with an overfondness for ale! She loves to have adventures, so if you're interested feel free to shoot me a message.

xx

"I am wild, full-blooded and a trifle reckless." - Ser Arthur Conan Doyle
Sybel
I drive a hard bargain.

Words: 310247
Joined roleplay: October 14th, 2012, 4:53 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Eida on July 4th, 2013, 4:56 pm

Hey Ely!

I just read about your loss and I'm very sorry about your dog! I have lost my dog in winter, in this year! His heart couldn't take it anymore and in this crazy weather he would have suffered. And yes he had problems with his lungs too.

Hope you are better thought! :)

And Nice Eida is in Riverfall too if you are interested!

Bori~
Eida
Daughter of Leth

Words: 97147
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2013, 8:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sybel on July 5th, 2013, 5:07 pm

Thank you, Eida. I'm sorry about your loss, too. It can be so hard to do the right thing.

I'd love a thread with Eida! PM me for more details!

"I am wild, full-blooded and a trifle reckless." - Ser Arthur Conan Doyle
Sybel
I drive a hard bargain.

Words: 310247
Joined roleplay: October 14th, 2012, 4:53 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Gossamer on July 5th, 2013, 5:14 pm

I'm so sorry about your loss, Kate. I know how it feels too. I think we've all lost animals we love. It's sooo hard. And you don't stop thinking about them. You just don't. Even though you think it gets easier, your love doesn't get lesser.

Thank you also for sharing the wonderful poem/story.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Ball on July 5th, 2013, 5:20 pm

-sniffles- I sorry for yer lost, I can see how much she meant to you. I have had this happen to myself several times over and it never gets easier that is for sure. I have a PC in the Sea of Grass/Endrykas... Maybe we could meet up sometime? I'll PM ya if yer up for it =D
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Elysium on July 6th, 2013, 6:12 am

Ball, I am definitely up for that. Sybel will be PMing you shortly! And thank you again, both of you. It hurts just a little less as time goes by, but I still miss her. And you're right - I always will. She was my girl.

But you know what makes me happy? This boxcode, that's what.

I LOVE YOU, TRAVERSE.
Elysium

Office
Scrapbook
Artist (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

PreviousNext