Closed When the Bottle Becomes Full (Hadrian)

(The Fountain of Cascading Hope) Hadrian has returned to Zeltiva now but the question is, where will he find Ricky now? So much has happened since their dreamful encounter and Hadrian must now catch up with the events Ricky has went through, but can he handle Ricky in his current condition?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

When the Bottle Becomes Full (Hadrian)

Postby Ricky Maze on December 25th, 2012, 2:40 am

There was no real need for Hadrian to help pull him up, but Ricky had taken the offer nonetheless as he found himself on his feet. He nodded as he wiped away the tears with his thumb, finally starting to feel the river of emotion die down. What had gushed out of his bottled up emotions had escaped when he believed to be alone, and yet unexpectedly a friend that would prove invaluable to Ricky was here to catch him. Hadrian was a good soul and even if Ricky could hardly remember the dream he still felt a bond had existed. It was a bond that revealed itself when another has seen a person for who they truly are, and whatever may have happened in that dream Hadrian knew Ricky better than any stranger would.

"The only things I have is my travel bag and what's left of my fishin gear." He assured Hadrian with a look of appreciation, knowing good at well whatever he would have was lost with his house. When Hadrian admitted it was good to see Ricky though, Ricky couldn't hide the faint smile that magically appeared. It was a relief to know that he was finally about to get a break out of life, maybe then he could work on fixing everything else that's gone wrong.

"I knew that we would know each other, but this is the first time I've met a dreamer in person. If only I could find that Sira, eh?" Hadrian stated as they headed in the direction of the Grotto.

"Who's...Sira?" Ricky had asked slightly curious, even amidst all the chaos of emotion he could still wonder somethings. Truly a blessing to know he was still a bit normal in all this misery. He wondered if this Sira was involved in a dream he had, maybe someone Hadrian dream walked with as well. He had no memory of the name and couldn't recall a specific face. It was funny how dreams worked, one chime he would wake and it'd be fresh in his mind then the next gone. Lost forever in the vast deep part of his memory, where he could no longer recall them. Lately though his dreams have been clear enough to remain on his mind, all of them involving the companion he had lost. First was the nightmares that repeated of course, then it moved on to strange but happy dreams. Tangible truths that were a figment of a false reality, which he had began to despise and wish them away.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Hadrian on December 25th, 2012, 6:43 am

Hadrian nodded at Ricko's small list of good; at least he wouldn't have to make room for much in his cottage. He fell into step with the large man. When they were standing shoulder to shoulder, he realized he was a bit taller, though Ricko was a wall of muscle compared to him.

"Sira," he began, then faltered. "Oh. Well, the way this dreamwalking thing works, I need something of yours, a key, so I can find you in the dreaming. I was going to ask you for a stand of hair or something, and I'll cast it in a glass bead, and maybe keep a length of these beads with keys for my friends, or the people who want me to be able to find them in the dreaming. But anyway, I somehow managed to stumble onto one of your dreams again on accident, but you were... Well, Sira is a beautiful, um... Inarta woman. You were awfully friendly, and she was a dreamer, not just a figment of your imagination. I don't understand how it all works yet, not exactly, but I knew her from somewhere. Something that happened that I still can't quite unravel.

"So, um, yes. Sira's a woman."
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on December 25th, 2012, 10:55 am

"Oh. Well, the way this dreamwalking thing works, I need something of yours, a key, so I can find you in the dreaming. I was going to ask you for a stand of hair or something, and I'll cast it in a glass bead, and maybe keep a length of these beads with keys for my friends, or the people who want me to be able to find them in the dreaming." Hadrian explained as he slightly trailed off from the Sira topic, "But anyway, I somehow managed to stumble onto one of your dreams again on accident, but you were... Well, Sira is a beautiful, um... Inarta woman. You were awfully friendly, and she was a dreamer, not just a figment of your imagination. I don't understand how it all works yet, not exactly, but I knew her from somewhere. Something that happened that I still can't quite unravel."

Ricky looked a bit confused for a chime, not sure what Hadrian meant exactly by friendly. He dismissed the thought though and held onto the small smile he had earlier, still a bit relieved to finally catch his much needed break. "Well now it's good to know I can make friends even when I'm dreamin, I really can't remember them unless I'd just awoke. Even then most seem rather hazy." He admitted as his thoughts went to the recent ones, still clear as day with each vivid moment a wish that never came true. It was a pain he had to deal with, a pain he knew would eventually become worse.

Still his curiosity was aroused nonetheless, he fancied the idea of meeting an Inartan. "So she was beautiful eh?... What was her best, uh, features?" He wondered as he couldn't recall the specific dream, somewhere deep down inside he knew it was there. Even if his mind was as blank as a page he knew somewhere he had a memory tucked away, if Hadrian were capable of recalling it so easily of course. They were on the move now with a steady pace; their walk would be slow, but not too slow, as they wouod continue their conversation.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Hadrian on December 25th, 2012, 1:07 pm

"Yes, you were definitely friends with Sira," he said, wondering if perhaps he oughtn't've brought her up. "Well, I rather liked her, ah... that is..." He blushed, and indicated her bosom.

Hadrian knew Zeltiva rather well after his years of living there, and so he guessed they were probably heading down to the World's End, though he hoped Ricky was not sleeping in some out of the way corner instead of a proper room. It was Winter, which brought the frigid bonesnapper winds, and there was a pox going through town too.

"It's going to be all right now, Ricko," he promised. "I'll take care of you until you're good."
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on December 26th, 2012, 1:16 am

"Well, I rather liked her, ah... that is..." Hadrian sort of left off in a blushed manner, indicating what he was referring to so Ricky would know what he was getting at. Ricky's eyes almost popped out as he wondered now if there really was something more to the dream now, were the two friends as in friendly or "friends" in another reference? It was a question Ricky felt better not asking, as Hadrian seemed to continue on.

"It's going to be all right now, Ricko," he promised to Ricky. "I'll take care of you until you're good." There was a sort of relief that filled the air of tension for the fisherman, a pleasing feeling that he welcomed with ease.

"Thanks Hadrian... I've been tryin to make do on my own for a while now, it's good to know I have ya at my back. Sure has been rough..." He admitted as they continued onward, the cold starting to get to him. It was no doubt the booze effect wearing off as he walked, the warmth it brought to him fading away as the cold devoured its very essence. Hadrian was indeed a good man who no doubt made am excellent friend, usually Ricky's instincts were right to follow but lately he seemed to be in a sort of arguement with them. "How was yer trip?" He finally asked as he remembered that detail in their encounter, he didn't quite remember where Hadrian was going; just that he was on a quest.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Hadrian on December 31st, 2012, 5:24 am

He was glad when Ricko let it lie. Normally bodies, naked or otherwise, didn't bother him; nor did they arouse him. There was usually some combination of mind and body that finally flipped a switch. It had been Kendall's shoulders when she wore summer dresses combined with the poetry she shared in their literature class, but she was the only one so far. And, of course, with the world's strange sense of humor, she only came to him in the guise of a young man. Very funny, gods.

But he stifled his sigh. Sira had been the stuff of wet dreams, but he had been lucky enough to have Kendall in whatever form; he didn't think it likely to happen again. He just wasn't sociable enough. Then he tried to push those thoughts away and focus on the task at hand, helping Ricko get himself out of the gutter.

"Oh, it was certainly interesting." He had a magical bit of tile hidden under the skin of his wrist from a living ruin. He had picked up an amnesiac orphan. Then everything that had happened in Sahova... "But I'm glad to be back. As much as I love to travel, there are things I need to be here for, and stay here for. Like you." He smiled awkwardly, then let it slip away.
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on January 1st, 2013, 9:59 am

"Oh, it was certainly interesting, but I'm glad to be back. As much as I love to travel, there are things I need to be here for, and stay here for. Like you." Hadrian mentioned in what seemed like a slightly awkward manner, but to Ricky there was no sign of awkwardness anywhere. He felt that Hadrian's words were true enough, and not just a simple gesture of kindness a friend would normally offer. Ricky's only question was; how are you suppose to reply?

He was never really any good at these soft moments, or the mushy emotional sharing experiences others would normally have. Ricky had been working so hard now to keep the emotions shout out, hoping that eventually the residual pain left behind would soon wash away. "Well uh.." He rubbed the back of his head, the manner of body language that showed he hadn't the faintest idea on what to say. "Thank?"

His intinct was still in arguement of course with the rest of his being, yet all Ricky could do was walk beside Hadrian and wonder. 'I've no idea how, but I will have to repay his kindness.' He thought with a crease in his brow, knowing that he certainly would owe Hadrian a great deal. Kindness like his was something Ricky would never forget, and sure enough there was more then just kidness in Hadrian. Ricky did remember one detail of the dream however; Hadrian was a good soul. He was kind and quite forward, easy going and relaxed just like Ricky. They were so much alike in two different realities, and they both became instant friends anyway.

Remembering that was more then enough. Ricky let his other thoughts slide as they continued, finally getting close to the inn. "When we first met I was searchin for somethin...Do ya remember what exactly?" He had to ask, to see if Hadrian remembered; and hopefully help remind himself in the process.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Hadrian on January 4th, 2013, 5:33 am

Ricko's thanks seemed to be quite enough for Hadrian, though he had no idea what was going on in the big bear of a man's mind. He walked along beside him toward the World's End until the question was posed.

"Looking for something?" he asked, gaze going inward. Though he was a dreamwalker, their first meetings had been accidental. It would not be until he had a key to Ricko's chavi that he could find his dreams at will and remember them with eidetic recall. "The dream was in Zeltiva, sort of. You were skinny-dipping off of a pier. I came down because I heard the splashes, and we talked. It was strange, perhaps because we were sharing a dream, but we seemed to get along instantly. I don't recall you searching for something, but..."

He continued to look inward, trying to stir up his memories.
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on January 9th, 2013, 6:15 pm

"Skinny dippin?" Ricky sounded a bit surprised at first, but then his expression returned to normal. "Heh, no big surprise there. I did some here and then before I traveled out of Zeltiva." He spoke with no shame of course, when it came down to it he really had little shame. That of course was part of his naturality, the openness of his mind and unusual hobbies he rarely did. "Ye really can't remember though? Aw don't waste yer thoughts on it lad; I'm sure if it was as important to me now as it were then I'd remember." He tried to keep a humble tone when he spoke, a part of him that was once familiar but now gone. It was difficult of course, trying to find the voice you've always had. Once something like that is lost it becomes even more difficult trying to find yourself. Or so it felt anyway.

"I'll go get my things, just a few chimes is all I need." He assured Hadrian as they entered the warmth of the Grotto, Ricky continued on ahead whether Hadrian would follow or not. He headed down to room six and unlocked the door with his key, and entered with the door left ajar. Ricky picked up his clothes from spring and his short sleeve cotton shirt, part of his winter apparel he purchased when fall was getting hit with winter chills. He wasted no time in folding clothes, just stuffed them in the travel bag without a second thought. He turned to his longsword he left next to his broken fishing equipment, and took them to be placed next to his bag. Everything seemed to be together now, all he had to do was return the room key and both men could head off to Hadrian's cottage. It was an idea that still was taking a bit for Ricky to warm up to, but one that he would accept nonetheless.

Finally he left the room with his pack on his back, longsword at waist, and fishing kit in his left arm. He locked the door and proceded to the front counter in the main hall and returned the key, then was finally ready to depart to his new temporary home. He looked to Hadrian with a loose smile, "Ok friend, lead on."
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Hadrian on January 27th, 2013, 2:21 am

"It was just a dream," he assured him. He was no great disciple of Nysel, but he could recognize a regular dream. "You must have been grappling with some question, and so your dream clothed itself in symbols of searching and vulnerability."

But Ricko's words sounded like a temporary dismissal, so Hadrian loitered around the foyer waiting for him. He assumed that the man wouldn't have a great many worldly possessions, but Hadrian would help him carry them if he asked. When the man returned not so very long after, Hadrian smiled faintly and nodded.

The way back was toward the Old Quarter and the University, as he had been studying there when the cottage had become a necessity. Well, perhaps he would have made more friends if he lived in the dormitories, but his father felt an Aelius son ought live apart, privileged. And so went his life.

"Um, want me to carry anything?" It might have been a comical question; there wasn't much, and Ricko was obviously stronger than him.
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

PreviousNext