Completed Going Down A New Path

[Maria Satterthwite Memorial Cemetary] Ricky finally visits an old friend that he hasn't seen in a while, finally facing reality and accepting the truth behind it.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Going Down A New Path

Postby Ricky Maze on December 21st, 2012, 10:50 pm

"He sounds very special. How long did you have him for?" She was holding a friendly smile when she asked that, Ricky would've considered it pity if he were still in his fantasy. Alas he knew now that there was a difference between kidness and pity, though they align in the same category.

"Aye he was a special dog, been with me for eight year's." He responded humbly now, finally obtaining that part of his voice that was original. He had been trying to find some part of him that was left, some part of his shattered personality that he longed to regain. He must've been searching to hard or something, because he could never have found it before. Yet now part of it was here, back where it belonged.

"The greatest thing was; my pa was lost at sea eight weeks before I found the pup. It was then I named him Odis, cause he practically saved me." He assured both her and himself of that, the thoughts still were still painful but not as bad as before. This fisherman was getting better it seems, though he still felt there was more to come. "I gave him that nake because my pa had a close friend named Odis, and I thought the name would fit him well." Yet the ironic thing he neglected to mention, both Odis' saved their friend. His pa's Odis was human and helped him out of a situation, which is how they came to be close friends. In the end Ricky's dog Odis saved him, even at the cost of his own. Funny how fare works like that, maybe the Gods have a sense of irony after all.

"It was a good life he had, one that I will never forget." He said once more, still wishing they had more time to share together. Yet death comes to all, this Ricky knew and was beginning to accept. However that still didn't mean he wasn't through coping with it.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Going Down A New Path

Postby Arianthe Swansong on December 26th, 2012, 5:45 pm

Arianthe found herself questioning whether Ricky meant that Odis had saved her physically, as in literally, or mentally and emotionally - which would explain furthermore why the loss seemed to have him so hard... it is hard to lose a person one cherishes but it had to be even harder to lose a person who one owed ones life to.

"I am sorry for your loss, but I am sure you'll agree that it is better you had known, loved and lost him than never known him at all. You will always have those fond memories to make you happy in times of strife, and that should make his passing easier for you. I am certain he would not want to know that you are held back in any way by the loss."

Arianthe bit her lip, hoping she had not said too much to the obviously grief-stricken man.

"Everyone and everything dies eventually."
Beauty, Truth and Love will prevail, if only we stayed still and happy long enough to let them...
Arianthe Swansong
Maybe one day...

Words: 98235
Joined roleplay: September 28th, 2012, 8:40 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Going Down A New Path

Postby Ricky Maze on December 27th, 2012, 8:51 am

"I am sorry for your loss, but I am sure you'll agree that it is better you had known, loved and lost him than never known him at all. You will always have those fond memories to make you happy in times of strife, and that should make his passing easier for you. I am certain he would not want to know that you are held back in any way by the loss." Arianthe spoke to him softly and Ricky nodded in a silent agreement, her next works bringing about the agonizing sting of reality in his heart. "Everyone and everything dies eventually."

"I.. I know." He sighed as he took a seat next to her without thinking, his mind no longer focusing on personal matters of spafe or respective distance. Instead he tried not to look to humiliated before her because he could no longer contain what he was trying to hold back. Sobs were escaping in small amounts as he looked to the ground, his eyes blurry as the incoming rain poured away. "It's just hard ya know... when I lost me pa it was like this too, but Odis brought back an important thing in my life. Somethin I have been tryin to find but I just can't, not when things are so..." He lost himself and he couldn't stop, the tears waited to escape him from too long. Ricky had been evading such things for as long as he could, but no matter how hard he tried the emotions never stopped. Everytime he would shut them off there was still that pain, that longing to feel alive and happy once more. To be in that special place with the one you valued most, where as now the place he felt could be described; cold as ice and dark as night. Life seemed pointless and held no meaning, and existence was just a loose word that fit the definition. Really there was nothing there in the hallow shell of his broken heart, but in the time he spent wallowing in his denial and anger it had mended. It was still mending of course, recovering piece by piece as each day felt longer with it's passing.

He wanted to speak to her more, mainly to apologize for losing his composure; but he couldn't. His sobs and tears had been held in silence for far too long, they demanded to be released from their prison and now it happened. Arianthe was a person who was in fact smart, her wisdom was true and in Ricky's torn heart he knew that she meant well. He'd rather hear the words she spoke then some other sort of statement, yet the selfish pride he felt crumbling away demanded he hide his face in his hands...
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Going Down A New Path

Postby Arianthe Swansong on December 27th, 2012, 5:05 pm

Arianthe bit her lip. She had never seen a man cry. Her Father had judged the manifestation of any sort of emotion completely vulgar. When Dorian and Valiant went missing and were judged to be dead, he went on as usual, running his business and acting as if it did not bother him and encouraging the rest of the family to do likewise. Even worse, it was as if, in his eyes, they had never existed. Even when both her mother and her two little sisters had died simultaneously, he had not cried, at least not in front of her. Instead, he had locked himself in his study, refusing to see his only child still living, still by his side, and arranged to rid himself of her by marrying her to a business associate. Arianthe blinked and tried to rid herself of the painful memories... in fact, from what she remembered, she had been the only one to ever shed any tears.

Now, she stood up and watched the bear of a man visibly crumble in front of her, not sure what to do. After a moment, forgetting the fact that moments ago he had been a complete stranger, she moved closer and gently placed her hand on his shoulder, as way of consolation, wishing she knew how else to proceed. Her auristic skills were too weak to govern anything else than his emotions. Arianthe envied the fact that he could cry, that he was not stilted with a past that prevented him from doing so. The fact that he could cry made him seem braver in her eyes, freer with his feelings. When had she last cried? There had been a time when she cried everyday, all the time, except that Hector did not like hearing her sobs and made his displeasure known. So much so that by the time she reached the happy status of widow, she found herself completely unable to cry.

Now she looked at Ricky with complete compassion. She would have shushed him in order to comfort him but felt that that would be detrimental to his mood, so she let him cry as much as he chose, her hand still resting on his shoulder.
Beauty, Truth and Love will prevail, if only we stayed still and happy long enough to let them...
Arianthe Swansong
Maybe one day...

Character sheet

Going Down A New Path

Postby Ricky Maze on December 29th, 2012, 9:16 am

It was a release of tension that slowly eased its way within his spirit, the whole of the emotions he had tucked away within was all finally pouring out. Flowing free from his core it all just ran out before Arianthe, and yet she did nothing but comfort Ricky. Her hand resting on his shoulder as he let his weeping continue, Ricky had felt the parts of his pride finally cave in with the rest of his emotions. Yet he felt better somehow, or was starting to anyway. He didn't know for sure, just that an immense pressure that dwelled within him was finally lifting. That pressure was certainly the very thing weighing him down, no doubt the pit of failure he felt holding him back.

Arianthe didn't speak as he wept before her, but Ricky still felt a sort comfort she brought on. A comfort that he hadn't expected to feel in a long time, what is it that brought forth such a thing? Was it because he simply had no pride left to tear down? No... No pride wasn't the issue here. What pride demanded no longer seemed to matter, but if it wasn't that then what was it? Truthfully it was Arianthe herself. What she had done was something Ricky was never capable of allowing, at least not so willingly to say the least. He had shared with her not his problems but his actual being. Not physically but more so emotionally, maybe even spiritually for all he knew. Ricky had shared his thoughts with a stranger, and in the end allowed her to delve within him. There wasn't a lot to it as words were hardly capable of expressing it but in the best way possible; Ricky had opened up to her.

He finally allowed himself to open up on the inside once more, finally capable of feeling emotion again once more even amongst the pain. It was all waiting for him to do so and now that the deed was done his feelings were free once more. He hadn't the slightest clue on what to say, or how to say it for that matter; but Ricky wished to thank her. More than words could offer, more than mere appreciation. What Arianthe did...was save Ricky from himself.

It took a few chimes but finally his weeps and sobs died down, his face no longer tucked beneath his hands in shame he looked to Arianthe once more. There was a slight moment of hesitation but when he looked upon her, Ricky could not help but think of Arianthe as an angel of a sort. In his eyes he could not think of any other way to thank her, but settled by starting with the words. He gently took her hand inbetween his and looked sincerely into her eyes. "I..." He panted a bit as his sobs were still close to dying out, "I dunno how... how to thank ya lass." He closed his eyes and try to relax, finally coming to find that one piece of originality within him. "If ya ever need a friend, I can always be around to help." He spoke humbly now, sure in his intent to thank her proper. "It's the least I can do, for yer kindness..."
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Going Down A New Path

Postby Arianthe Swansong on January 2nd, 2013, 11:37 pm

Arianthe smiled lightly at Ricky, waiting patiently for his sobs to die out with a strong sense of what he was going through. Although she would usually have objected since she had recently become very fond of personal space, she did not mind when he took her hand between his hands, knowing that if she were to pull away, he might feel upset or offended, and she really did not wish to do that to him. His hands were warm, the rough hands of a worker, something strong and protective about them emanating safety.

"Thank you, I appreciate that." she smiled, "And I appreciate the sentiment of gratitude though I am sure any other person with half a heart would have done the same in my position." Though maybe not, she thought privately, maybe not with as much of an understanding of what he was experiencing or with as much kindness or as much patience as he cried. Life in Mizahar could be very harsh and many would see such a thing as weakness.

"Of course we must be friends." It was the sort of thing she would have said as a young girl or a child, before everything happened to make her more cynical about the world and the people who inhabited it.
Arianthe Swansong
Maybe one day...

Character sheet

Going Down A New Path

Postby Ricky Maze on January 7th, 2013, 11:52 pm

"Of course we must be friends." Arianthe stated as Ricky finally released her hand, he had felt that an affectionate thanks such as that wasn't enough; but knew better then to overdo such a proper action. It was time to consider a smoother course now, and Ricky had things he must begin to tend to.

"Aye lass, that I can agree with. I will be there if ye ever need me." He reassured her once more as he stood, one final snivel escaped as he gave a loose smile. It was one that showed understanding, that seem to represent a peace amidst the storm. It was a smile that was matched with his insides, a sort of acceptance at hand yet still restless beyond reason. He held on to that smile and gave appreciative eyes to Arianthe. After another said thanks he finally departed, mind set on making a change.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Going Down A New Path

Postby Jester on February 13th, 2013, 6:21 am

Thread Graded!!

Ricky :
XP Awarded
  • +3 Philosophy
  • +1 Observation
  • +2 Storytelling

Lores Awarded
  • How to Let a Stranger In
  • Sometimes Dams Must Break

Arianthe :
XP Awarded
  • +1 Auristics
  • +2 Philosophy
  • +2 Storytelling

Lores Awarded
  • Odin Was the Best Damn Dog
  • Saving One From Themselves

Notes :
  • This entire scene was just adorable to me. There wasn't much skills being used to go off of, but I gave what I could to reward this since I thought it was a great thread. I may have shed a tear for Ricky (But don't tell him that! He might view it as pity!)

"The difference between a jester and a fool is that the jester knows he's a jester"

DISCLAIMER: If you think I have been foolish in grading your thread, don't hesitate to PM me. I am happy to take another look at anything you feel is in error, but keep in mind the other Storytellers and I have final say.

Created by the Wonderful, the Fabulous, the Mysterious, Coltyn!
Jester
Grade Monkey

Words: 19637
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2013, 3:19 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous