You, Me, and Laviku Make Three

Ricky // In which Hadrian seeks to share his faith with his friend.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Hadrian on December 26th, 2012, 12:53 pm

57th Winter, 512 A.V.
outside Zeltiva

Despite the cold, Hadrian felt compelled to go and complete his ablutions for Laviku. Ever since Avanthal, life had been changed by the djed storms, and ever since Avanthal, he had been telling his secrets to the sea, learning the old songs of praise, and bathing in the sea. Just because now would be less comfortable than normal didn't mean he ought to stop.

Since Ricko seemed a bit down, he had persuaded him to come. They had been getting closer rapidly, due perhaps to their previous meetings in a place rooted in their subconscious. He was worried about the man, but he had so many responsibilities: the orphans, the university, his own work notwithstanding. And he had given Ricko a place to stay. Not knowing how else to help, he invited him to pray. He was a fisherman, after all; he ought reverence the lord of the deep.

They were almost there, and glancing back he could see their twin trails of footprints through the sand. But his too-bright blue eyes turned again on his sea bear and he nudged him with his elbow. The winterbane coat kept him warm enough, though he knew he would soon be a shivering, shuddering mess. Ricko, though, had less high quality clothes on.

"Copper for your thoughts?" he asked as quietly as he could while being heard over the rush of the surf.
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on December 26th, 2012, 1:38 pm

Part 4.1 of The Part Of Moving On
When we reach the end of our bargaining we come to learn that what we would give could never be enough, and so we move on to the next state of mind. We sink back into our withdrawal knowing that there is nothing that can change, accepting what the truth is and coming to cope with it. It is critical in this point that we push past our sorrow, and move forward with caution along this path. Because when we look back and see what progress we've made to get this far, we only realize; that the true test has just begun...

"Copper for your thoughts?" As Hadrian looked to Ricky to disturb the silence he had carried, the wind had blown cold and bitter here and it made Ricky wished to withdraw back into his temporary abode and wrap himself in a nice warm blanket. A hot meal sounded just as lovely as well, though Ricky really hasn't felt all that hungry really. After being sick and dealing with the events he was involved with he was far better staying indoors, even if he was close to getting better. Yet it was his mentality that provided a greater challenge now, for his mind was not the same as it once was. That one part he considered his personality had developed a voice of it's own now, and in his recovering heart scars were deeper then any wound he bore. Depression clung to him like the plague did to Zeltiva, and even worse Ricky felt himself rather slipping away. Questions related to life were existent in his mind, but held little value as he dealt with his internal mess.

Indeed it was chaos that had shifted into a new form, a perspective was now born within the madness and it cried for change. The coming days would prove to be a real test for this fisherman, for whatever happens in the future he would certainly have to perservere once more in order to see it. Tonight was just the beginning of the road he was on, the road that would lead him to the last stage of his ardeous trial.

"I think it be colder then a witches tit out here." He stated with eyes locked onto the sea, foreign thoughts that were indeed unintentional now revealing themselves. The cold was bitter but so was his pain, the wounds that pulled the cords of mortality in his mind as he was dealing with his grief. This was the sad point in his cope process of course, the vital one that involved allowing the pain to manifest. He would much rather flush it out and feel nothing again, turn off all that emotion and distress so he could just live; but then again he wouldn't really be living, just existing like everyone else. "That and I think I'm becomin an overgrown ice giant" He remarked as he tried to bear a smile, crossing his arms so that his hands woukd regain their wortb. Even when wearing his combination of the three; the short sleeve, the long sleeve, AND the coat, it still wasn't enough to hold in his body heat. It was either freezing or Ricky was truly in need of hot food. "Why exactly are ye doin this in the middle of Winter? I'm not surprised yer delicates haven't shriveled off yet." He said inbetween shivers with curious eyes, now fixating them upon Hadrian.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Hadrian on December 31st, 2012, 9:10 am

Hadrian laughed, but the air was indeed crackling with cold.

"Up in Avanthal, they call it polar bear diving," he said. "They say it's good for the health, the shock to the system. I don't know if that's true, but as long as you don't stay out too long, let your insides freeze, you're all right. But I never really got to pray properly all last season, not since Summer, really. It's time."

They hopped over a few boulders and down into a crevice between several that led down into the water. There was sand there, and the sea water didn't rage quite so badly with the boulders bearing the brunt of the waves.

"Here, sit down," he said, nudging Ricko onto a smaller boulder where he could watch, or just sit and think. He began unbuttoning his winterbane coat then, and instantly felt the icy fingers of the wind reaching under his clothes. He shivered and smiled ruefully. "You have to keep my clothes warm for me."

He took the winterbane coat off and threw it around Ricky's shoulders. Then his teeth started chattering.

"Shit. Shit-shit. I hope Lavik-k-ku appreciates this." He quickly, jerkily removed the rest of his clothes, balling them up and shoving them into Ricko's arms. "K-k-k-keep them w-warm!"

He was shivering and shuddering, naked as the day he was born, and suddenly he was glowing with blue res. Then he bolted for the water with a suicide's speed.
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on January 4th, 2013, 3:06 am

Ricky took a seat on the boulder nearby and attempted to make himself comfortable, though the cold jagged rock seem to make such a task impossible for a event such as this. "You have to keep my clothes warm for me." Hadrian stated as he handed the coat to Ricky with shivers. What followed next actually encouraged a smile on Ricky, being rather entertained by this ritual Hadrian was doing. As Ricky received each piece of clothing Hadrian took off he made sure to wrap it in the coat, so the essence of warmth would remain there for his now nude friend.

Hadrian seemed to sort of glow when he charged off to the ocean, shivers and chatters escaping him as he remarked upon Laviku's appreciation. That was more then enough to the the fisherman to chuckle there.

Ricky had a small understanding of Laviku really, in his time of grief though he had a different view developed however. One that would need reshaping in due time, for what fisherman doesn't at least pay a sort of respect to Laviku anymore? This one apparently. Yes it was true; Ricky had always thought to Laviku's name in appreciation when it came to the sea. Its fish were the life of the city, and it was believed to be the will of Laviku on how sucessful their catches were. Now of course was a different story for him, where as he believed Laviku barely had time to watch the city's people. It was during the state of anger he concluded this perspective, a rather skew one that can easily be mended should the right things be said. For now though it was as simple as this; Laviku didn't appear to have the time to devote more or less, had he then surely things would've been different from before the incident. Because of this conclusion Ricky thought of he decided the same, why devote time to something when it doesn't seem to help. Surely its much better then simply waiting in faith, waiting never helped anything get done these days.

Those were Ricky's thoughts however, and he kept them hidden quite well. He knew not what Hadrian had to think if he would hear of it, but nonetheless Ricky wasn't going to sour the man's beliefs even if it seemed a waste to him. They were close friends after all, and Ricky would only watch with a grin at what Hadrian was about to do.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Hadrian on January 4th, 2013, 6:48 am

Normally Hadrian took his time walking into the water, sometimes singing old hymns he had found in the books of the library, but Winter required a leap of faith. What he hoped would be an elegant running dive was really more of a belly flop, and both the glow of his magic and the blinding whiteness of his ass disappeared under the frothy water. The shock of it made his heart race, and he pushed off the sandy bottom to break out of the water, gasping for air.

It was difficult not to hyperventilate instead of breathing, but this was for Laviku. As much as he wanted a personal relationship with the god, right now he wanted the orphans to have as many blessings as possible, to keep them safe during pox-time.

For Laviku, then.

He pinched his nose and fell back below the surface, blowing all the air out of his lungs so he could sink to the bottom. It was terribly cold, but suddenly quiet, only the vague pulse of the sea sounding in his ears. His body was still bleeding watery res, which did nothing to warm him. It seemed uncouth to call Fire down here. His body was not strong like a warrior's, but he had discipline and constitution. He would survive this. He would have this moment under the water, clear his mind, meditating with all his might (as paradoxical as that might sound), and find a stillness, a blankness, and a quiet, hoping Laviku might speak to him there.
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on January 9th, 2013, 6:50 pm

Ricky watched as Hadrian did his ungraceful belly flop and actually managed to laugh, which felt rather good to do considering he hadn't laughed at all really. It was difficult to laugh when you found yourself in a deep dark hole of sorrow once more, only this one seemed to be deeper than the first he had fallen in.

Hadrian had plunged back in to disappear under the icey depths once more, leaving Ricky to dwell on his thoughts he he watched and waited. He wondered about Laviku and this "ritual" or prayer Hadrian was performing, would it bring Hadrian good luck or something? Would he receive some sort of blessing or just commune? Would he hear Laviku speak or what? There were questions that were surrounded by more questions, and the only thing Ricky knew he had to do was wait. Wait and see what Hadrian would do, and what Hadrian would have ro say after he was done.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Hadrian on January 27th, 2013, 3:01 am

It was willpower that kept him down there despite the freezing water, but eventually the chill didn't bite, and that was dangerous. He stayed down until he came to the end of his breath and, hoping Laviku would reveal Himself, a bit longer. And so he was spluttering for breath as his head broke the surface, not disappointed, but not having received any revelation.

As the res dissipated around him and he struggled to shore, his skin was taking on a decidedly purple hue. He looked rather pathetic and bedraggled, dark hair plastered to his face as he hunched over and stutter-stepped toward Ricko and all his warm clothes.

He could light the air on fire if he wanted to, but just now it was taking all his control to put one foot in front of the other.
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on February 6th, 2013, 8:15 am

Hadrian soon caught Ricky's attention from his would be personal realm of thoughts, surprised to see the man able to put in so much effort after his "ritual" he did. "Blisterin barnacles lad, yer gonna lose ya man parts if ye stay out in this cold!" Ricky jumped to his feet and pulled out the first few pieces of clothing Hadrian would need to throw on first, he held them out in front of Hadrian for the manto grab. Concern clear in his eyes.

"Ya hear anythin from Laviku or was it all for nothin?" He happened to ask while he waited for Hadrian to get dressed, though he wasn't necessarily curious Ricky did wonder if anything did happen; other ran Hadrian going for a late night freezing swim.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Traverse on April 28th, 2013, 6:23 pm

Cold Waters

Hadrian :
Experience:
Endurance 1
Socialization 1
Swimming 1

Lore:
Embracing the Cold: For Laviku

Ricky :
Experience:
Observation 1
Philosophy 2

Lore:
Why Pray to a God Who Abandons his City?

Additional Notes :
Not much to give, but this was shaping into an intriguing thread. I would be curious to see Ricky and Hadrian discuss their separate and both justified views on Laviku, but alas it is not to be, at least not yet!

Questions? Concerns? PM me and we'll get to the bottom of it. Safe Travels!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)