Closed [Farson Home] A Prayer for Odis

Ricko // In which Hadrian shows Ricko some of what the orphanage has to offer.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[Farson Home] A Prayer for Odis

Postby Hadrian on December 31st, 2012, 1:15 pm

37th Winter, 512 A.V.

"This is the chapel," he said, as he led Ricko in. The West Wing of the orphanage was in a state of disrepair, but he didn't have the funds to fix everything all at once. He was tempted to imbue the place with Arivas, but he had never raised a sentient building before and he didn't want to make some beginner's mistakes and have it become a sociopath that likes to kill children. Someday he would see the entire grounds and complex fixed up. But some things took time.

"I like it. I mean, I like what it could be, you know?" There were glyphs here and there, for different gods. Laviku, of course, and Oriana for children. "It's like Temple of All Gods in Syliras. There's no doctrine here, really. Only a quiet place for contemplation and prayer. When Spring comes, I'd like to clean it out at least. Maybe you could help? Then the children can come in here if they feel like they want to."

He looked around. It wasn't in horrible shape, but needed new pews, and some of the stained glass windows fixed up. If only those glassworkers would donate some of their work.

"What do you think?"
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on January 1st, 2013, 1:31 am

Subchronicle of The Part of Moving On

Ricky had worn his long sleeve today underneath his short sleeve, it seemed the only way to efficiently keep warm outside nowadays. Hadrian had brought him here to the orphanage and showed him this room, a place where the orphans would someday consider sanctuary; or so Hadrian hoped. "It's like Temple of All Gods in Syliras. There's no doctrine here, really. Only a quiet place for contemplation and prayer. When Spring comes, I'd like to clean it out at least. Maybe you could help? Then the children can come in here if they feel like they want to." He looked around as to picture the place.in its finest glory, no doubt a well planned room Hadrian hope to bring to life. Dreams were like that quite often, and although Ricky hadn't a dream he thought of achieving in a while he still remembered the feelings associated with them. "What do you think?"

Alas Ricky didn't really have any thoughts on this, for his beliefs were all a question now since his faithful companion's passing. Still he had to give some insight on the idea, keeping an open mind wasn't as easy though. "It has the potential alright, just gotta clean up is all." Sounded like a positive enough reply, hopefully encouraging enough to pull off. "I'll help out too, least I will to the best o' my abilities." He assured his close friend.

Ricky had been dealing with all sorts of questions now, questions he knew that time would only answer. He was getting use to the idea of staying at Hadrian's cottage, but each day he awoke brought about the same exact issues. Why these things mattered to him was an even bigger mystery, but Ricky was fed up with trying to deal with these questions, these emotions.

"What exactly will be in here?" He acted calm and curious, and even though the answer was obvious and simple he still had to ask. It was part of the facade he had going, the ability to hide underneath a mental barrier to keep others from seeing his hurt.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Hadrian on January 4th, 2013, 5:15 am

"Thank you," he said, smiling to Ricko. He knew the man was in a depression, but he wasn't sure how to fix it, or whether it was his job to do so. When he was down himself, he rarely went to someone else for help. He just dealt with things, but Hadrian knew he was an odd duck.

"Not too much, really. Some benches. Some carpets for people who feel the need to kneel. Candles, some decorative things, I suppose. Censors. I just want it to be a peaceful place to meditate and pray. Though I don't know what I will do if some child decides he or she wants to pray to Rhysol..." He shook his head, hoping he would haven't to deal with such a dangerous adolescent rebellion.

"The energy feels good in here, though," she said, not sure if it was a magical thing or something else to which he was attuning. Three gods had now marked him; perhaps that opened him to a new sort of energy. "I think it just needs cleaning and repairs. Well, this whole side of the building needs cleaning and repairs. Spring will bring better weather, and hopefully more donations so I don't have to pay for everything out of pocket. I need..." He looked distracted for a moment. "I need to figure out what sort of project to work on to raise money. What magical item to create."

He found a statue that he believed was meant to be Eyris at some point. With his sleeve, he wiped away the dust, touched Her feet reverently.

Grant me the wisdom to make my work of most benefit to this place and these people, he prayed. It was only with Laviku that he felt the need for more elaborate rites. Eyris, Nysel, and Ionu existed without, of course, but also within his soul. Laviku was wide and overwhelming as the sea itself.
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on January 9th, 2013, 5:48 pm

"Not too much, really. Some benches. Some carpets for people who feel the need to kneel. Candles, some decorative things, I suppose. Censors. I just want it to be a peaceful place to meditate and pray. Though I don't know what I will do if some child decides he or she wants to pray to Rhysol..." Hadrian paused and Ricky wondered for a minute, and came to the conclusion that Rhysol was not a favorable god to worship. He new little about the gods and had much to learn, but as of now his mind was barely opened. He was still rather angry, and whatever god or goddess held fate's dominion didn't seem verh favorable.

"The energy feels good in here, though, I think it just needs cleaning and repairs. Well, this whole side of the building needs cleaning and repairs. Spring will bring better weather, and hopefully more donations so I don't have to pay for everything out of pocket. I need..." A look of distraction shrouded Hadrian's expression. "I need to figure out what sort of project to work on to raise money. What magical item to create." He turned to a statue that maybe could've once be a shrine, and dusted it off in with a moment of silence to follow. Ricky wasn't sure which god the statue represented, which made him feel rather dumb. Hadrian knew already though, that Ricky had never really been the religious type. It was rather difficult to understand actually, devoting precious amounts of your time to faith seemed rather....dismal. Compared to doing other important things of course, it was all a matter of perspective.

Silence was all that came from Ricky because he wasn't sure; sure if any words would add to the conversation, sure if what he could say would help encourage or not. Mostly because he wasn't sure of anything anymore. The time he had spent in denial and anger had soured his perspective, and left him to remain lost in all this new unexplained world. He had to start somewhere though didn't he? How else would he contribute to this conversation or better yet, give Hadrian the support he needed to accomplish his task.

"It'll take time," Ricky spoke with slight hesitation, "but when we get started things'll pick up in no time." He reassured to Hadrian as he finally found the words. To him that sounded rather the best way to begin, and hopefully from there he wouldn't have to push himself so hard just to find the correct words.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Hadrian on January 27th, 2013, 1:34 am

"It will," he agreed, shooting a glance in Ricko's direction. He was worried about the man, but not sure what to do, or whether it was his place to do anything but be there should the man require someone to listen or help him with something. He thought he could hypnotize him into being happy, but that wouldn't be real. Or, at least, it wouldn't be some organically grown happiness, and so it was doomed to go wrong, he figured.

"But even if the children aren't particularly religions, and I don't plan on pushing anything on them other than humanist ethics, it will be a good place for meditation, calming the mind, which will help with any who develop magical talents, or need some way to relax, find peace."
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on February 5th, 2013, 4:43 am

"It will but even if the children aren't particularly religions, and I don't plan on pushing anything on them other than humanist ethics, it will be a good place for meditation, calming the mind, which will help with any who develop magical talents, or need some way to relax, find peace." Hadrian explained as Ricky wandered the room, he took in all the sight and tried to picture a more upkept place. A place of sanctuary where the young lads and lasses would find themselves protected from the world.

"Peace eh?" It was a mumble that was probably unheard if Hadrian didn't pay any attention, a mumble Ricky preffered to go unnoticed but in the end didn't care for. Ricky wanted peace in his life, he wanted his personal life to finally find peace as well as the world. A want that once seemed optional that then became naive. There was next to nothing when it came to peace, the world was a restless place where such sanctuary was rare. Luckily enough for these children they could have such a place, and hopefully could temporarily forget about the rest of the world. Ricky would help Hadrian build this place if he could, and long after stand as a guardian for these kids and their sanctuary. He had to protect what he could however he could, or by Laviku die trying in the process.

"Definitely something they'll have in due time. Sanctuary is a difficult place to find in this world, why not build one for the rascals ey?"
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Traverse on April 27th, 2013, 1:15 pm

Sanctuary for All

Hadrian :
Experience:
Socialization 2

Lore:
The Immensity of Laviku vs. Other Dieties

Ricky :
Experience:
Philosophy 1
Observation 1
Socialization 1

Lore:
The Idea of Peace

Additional Notes :
I am curious as to where this thread could have gone, since it could have been lovely to see Ricky get into some meditation and start getting some of that peace that seems to elude him at present. not much to award, but I threw out what I saw!

Questions? Concerns? PM me and we'll get to the bottom of it. Safe Travels!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)