[Rice Patties]Three-Blades Vs A Pointy Piece of Metal [Nira]

Once again Nira'lia and Ball are training, this time... With weapons.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Postby Ball on February 14th, 2013, 4:13 pm

The punch came unexpected for Ball and thus landed on it's mark, well mostly. Ball kept falling after Nira pulled her arm back so it only connected with the top curve of Ball's form. The connection cause Ball's top half to fold backwards, following the flow of Nira's successful punch, his bottom half followed the general arch that had formed from his body flipping backwards, and that was the tentacles came straight up in reaction.

The tides were turning for Ball at this point, he didn't expect the punch and it hurt, but she was going to feel it later, he was going to continue to feel it for some time during and after this session. However, he was lucky in the fact that now with his tentacles facing upward towards Nira's arm he could latch on and wrap them around her arm. It was going to be an interesting feat to have her remove him if he managed to do such a thing.

If he connected with his four tentacles he was going to squeeze them tightly together, mashing the tips together so that he formed a solid ring of animated clay around the konti's arm. This would make it a lot harder for her to attack him as she would risk injuring herself, and Ball had a better chance now of getting to a better spot to attack from.

No hurt... Just Train. The fall hurting her not intentional.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Nira'lia on February 19th, 2013, 2:31 pm

‘…Oh no.’

Out of all of Ball’s moves, the one she hated the most was when he used his body to wrap around her or her weapon. It was the most difficult position to struggle out of, and she had detested it the last time he had done it. The first that entered her mind was to slam her own arm down on the ground and let him suffer the impact—but that would hurt her as well, especially if he let go at the last minute, then the impact would solely be on her.

Aside from that, she could feel him tightening his hold. It felt strange to have him wrap around her arm in such a way. She gave a visible frown as she shook her arm up and down frantically, as if that would help.

“No, no!” she finally rang out as she used her free hand to pry him off. Clearly, when it came to physical strength, she was not the most powerful. But she just wanted to be rid of him, and she clawed at his sides and pulled, scratching at clay.

Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Words: 386960
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 9:17 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Ball on February 19th, 2013, 3:50 pm

Ball allowed her to scratch and yank at his body, it hurt him sure, but it was better than being thrown back into the rice patties... It also worked to his advantage too, every time Nira's fingers raked into his body trying to dislodge him from her arm he wrapped small tentacles around her fingers.

It would only be a matter of time before Nira'lia's other hand would be trapped in Ball's body, allowing him to bridge the gap between her body and where he currently was on her elbow a whole lot easier. It was rather amusing how fast Ball was able to disarm and completely thwart the Konti's attacks. Once he was sure he had her hand covered in his body he pushed out with the rest that wasn't holding her hand to her elbow towards her head, it was an attack made simple for him, but it would prove hard to gain the upper hand against the Pycon for Nira.

Of course, if Nira was able to catch the gist of what the squired pycon was doing she could stretch her hand back farther than normal, forcing Ball to start to lose his grip on her elbow. It would prove to be a funny situation for Ball, but after a few times of doing that Nira'lia would be forced to have to shake a hanging pycon from her fingertips. The pycon's small tentacles would at this point start to wrap around her fingers, in an attempt to remain attached to her body in some fashion.

Ball was like a living Chinese Finger Torture Device... Always hooked to some body part or another... Relentless in his attack and never letting go... If possible.

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Nira'lia on February 20th, 2013, 5:50 pm

Frustrated, Nira’lia continued to frantically be free of the pycon’s grasp. Unfortunately for her, it was going nowhere. No matter how much she struggled and fought him off, he only seemed to get a more powerful hold on her.

To an audience, it would have seemed so silly. She was waving her arms and trying to pull him apart, and without realizing it, she had also been moving her feet—and she had completely forgotten about the suvai that had been lying on the ground.

With a shriek, a foot got caught on the suvai’s handle, and she immediately lost her balance. With wide, panicked eyes, she suddenly found herself falling forward. Even more worse was that she wasn’t going to fall on flat ground. No, there was a rice paddy right in front, the ground suddenly descending and leading to wet dirt and growing rice; and she dropped face first into the mud. Consequently, Ball would have fallen along with her.

She sputtered for air, her clothes, skin, and hair dirty with mud. Nira’lia had half the mind to smother Ball with the wet dirt, but she decided that would be much too risky.

Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ball on March 4th, 2013, 3:35 am

Ball had no choice but to follow suit with Nira, when he hit the sludge and water the Pycon immediately frozen in his frantic movements before he realized that he wasn't able to breathe in his current environment. So the pycon did what he had to do, remove himself from the watery depth that could become his death tomb, it was a scary thought to him, but it was all he could think of doing.

Ignoring his current 'opponent' Ball floundered around with his four tentacles, trying to gain purchase on some sort of stable surface to use to get out of paddy. And soon, he found the edge, it was a damp location, but it was still strong enough to take the small earthen being's weight. Ball hauled himself out of the murky depths. Sputtering and coughing the Pycon turned towards the Konti. He was soaked all the way through, he'd have to wring himself out to get completely dry.

"Yu.Wuh.Inn." ['You win.'] Ball nodded and looked up.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Nira'lia on March 22nd, 2013, 8:05 am

For a while, Nira’lia watched Ball struggle to get free of the mud. She contemplated on giving him a hand, but she saw that the way he was trying, it might be disrespectful. Nira’lia followed suit and stepped out of the mud, thoroughly disgusted at the messy state that she was in.

“I win?” giggled the Konti as she glanced at Ball. “No, I do believe that was a draw… oh, this is unpleasant. I am sorry, I got us both filthy.”

She attempted to wipe off as much dirt and mud off her clothes and skin, a visible frown on her face.

“We should get back to the inn soon, don’t you think? Thank you for the session, I do think I learned something from it.”

Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ball on March 23rd, 2013, 4:22 am

Ball shook his body in denial, “Nu. Yu. Wuh. Inn.” ['No, you win.'] The squire wasn't going to hear it any other way. It was humbling for the small clay being to lose, he didn't need to have his small ego expanding far beyond his physical being... It just wouldn't due for him to have that occur.

When Pretty Lady Pycon asked if they should return to the inn Ball just responded with a bouncy up and down. It was one of a few ways Ball knew how to say yes. His mind drifted for a second back to the ugly beast that reigned terror in the sea heading to the isle of the undead... The Undead Isle... Where Liege Lord vanished from sight, Is he still live? I hope so...

The pycon paused in his course to his mount, He does live. I know it. Once the thought came and went the Pycon started on his short course once more, stopping at his mount and waiting on Nira'lia.

Once she was near, Ball mounted his dog and lead the way back to the inn. His body rotated a bit in it's place to point the small tear in his being towards her, “Yu.Dur.Tee.” ['You dirty.']

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Traverse on April 12th, 2013, 3:13 pm

Fighting Dirty

Ball :
Experience:
Acrobatics 1
Leadership 1
Py-Ken 2
Weapon: Thorn 2

Lore:
Fighting the One You're Sworn to Protect
Its Easier Using Yourself as a Weapon
Humble in Defeat

Nira'lia :
Experience:
Acrobatics 1
Observation 2
Suvai 2
Unarmed Combat 1

Lore:
The Safety of One's Suvai
Ball: Small But Quick
The Annoyance of a Clever Pycon

Shared Lore:
Muddy Training

Additional Notes :
Nice little training thread you guys put together here, with a very unconventional blend of fighting styles. Ball, I would love to see some expanded descriptions as you unleash your Py-ken. The tentacle trick was great, but I'm interested in the feats he performs to get up to Nira's arms, which seemed to be glossed over, and is a great way to get some more acrobatics XP as well. Nira, I really liked how you played to your skill level and took the little squires attacks quite seriously. Any questions, just lemme know!

Questions? Concerns? PM me and we'll get to the bottom of it. Safe Travels!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous