Afterwards (Ayatah)

The hunt is over, the beast is slain... but that was but the beginning

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

Afterwards (Ayatah)

Postby Razkar on January 30th, 2013, 7:57 pm

”Weird. That’s how I have just been described. Is it bad that I’m as pleased as I am about that?”

Razkar chuckled at her words and shook his head, honestly but pleasurably befuddled. The men were starting to drift towards the food, but he was taking his time. He did not want to be away from her.

"I don't know. I guess not. When you go through your life with people calling you unworthy, being seen as a curiosity must be an improvement, right?"

He smiled at her and was surprised to find that his words carried no sting in her eyes. He wasn't being cruel or harsh and he had chosen his words carefully. Besides which, he was happy for her. The young ones were always more open to strangers and strange things; they had none of the prejudices of the old. Razkar was sad to see that die in them, but knew it had to be done. The world was a harsh and unforgiving place: they needed to be the same to survive it, especially in Falyndar.

He rose and followed his father and brothers to the food, already feeling his mouth moisten from the aroma.

"I will return shortly."

Zek was waiting with a quietly satisfied expression on his face. Razkar thought he'd been wearing it all day. He handed his son a wooden plate and a carving knife, watching as he hungrily carved off a hefty chunk of thigh and put a grilled fish on there to join it.

"Vegetables, son."

"Father, I'm-"

"-not going to argue with your father? Good."
A handful of hated maize was deposited on top of his meat, and even at his age, Razkar felt the urge to sulk. "Get back to your woman before someone steals her, boy."

Razkar opened his mouth to make a crack and then he head snapped around on its own, just to make sure... nope... no-one sniffing around her. Wait. A shorter, younger male stopped by, a smile on his face, head bobbing...

"Is that cousin Akela?"

"He's just greeting her properly, Razkar."

"I didn't say he wasn't!"

"Your words didn't. Everything else did."

Razkar threw a withering glance his father's way, which bounced off him like an arrow off plate armor. Finally he clapped the old man on the shoulder and walked back to Ayatah and his... cousin.

"Cousin! Greetings to you!" He said, trying very hard to not add the words "now step away from the female before I thumb your eyes out". "How did you fare today with the longhouse?"

"Wonderfully, Razkar. All but the final section of the roof. I was just introducing himself to your friend..."
He extended an arm graciously towards Ayatah "... before getting myself some feed. I will intrude no longer. Cousin... mistress..."

His smile of farewell was just a little more familiar than Razkar liked, and his narrowed eyes tracked his kin away from them. When he sat own by the wathful and not-fooled-for-a-minute Ayatah, he immediately moved his lips close to her ear and growled his word.

"Let's not tarry this feast. I want to get you back to bed..."
My Words | Your Words | Myrian | Fratavan | My Thoughts
Razkar has been cursed by Yahal, and as such finds little acceptance from others; they will instinctively view him as being deceptive and traitorous. However, when close to one blessed by Yahal, the effect is negated. The curse is etched onto his left pectoral, and viewing the mark causes others to feel dirty and unclean.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Words: 2242619
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2012, 12:04 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Afterwards (Ayatah)

Postby Ayatah on January 30th, 2013, 9:15 pm

As she watched Razkar go, Ayatah found it hard to not smile to herself in a sickeningly giddy manner. Even when she tried to wipe the smirk off her face - more for her own self respect than anything else - she found it hard to remain straight-faced for long.

Dammit, she thought as she pulled at some of the melt-in-the-mouth pork, you’re from a clan made of fiercely independent women - stop grinning like a lovesick child. What would your mother say?

It was a good question, actually. What would Paira of the Scattered Bones say? She was pretty dismissive of men herself, but Ayatah knew that her mother would show great amounts of interest in her daughter’s choice of man. The two of them were incredibly close, and having raised Ayatah without a father, Paira would want a good man for her daughter. And Raz is a good man…

But other members of the Scattered Bones would react differently. Her Great-Grandmother would possibly be the most relaxed, having seen many relatives introduce many men in her time. Her cousins would be wary - Bennik especially so. Her little brother would probably ask a hundred and one questions within one breath (he was painfully nosy and inquisitive). The various other cousins, uncles and aunts were more likely to judge silently and from a distance.

At least he is fully Myrian… Although her family could hardly be prejudiced against another mixed-blood - her mother especially. But Ayatah knew that distant relatives of her own, particularly males who had only recently joined the clan, still had old-school prejudices towards mixed-bloods despite there being one in their new family. Such members of the Scattered Bones would probably be surprised and impressed that Ayatah had ‘managed’ to meet and impress a pureblooded male. Some of them might even approach Razkar and mutter under their breath ‘I imagine you know about… y’know… Ayatah’s father….’ To see whether she had simply lied about her dirtied blood.

She smiled smugly to herself. I didn’t have to hide my heritage.

Her thoughts were distracted by a figure standing over her. A young male introduced himself as Akela, a cousin of Razkar’s. Snapped out of her thoughts, Ayatah smiled and greeted the male happily. He did not seem to bother about her father’s race, so she appreciated the friendly gesture.

"Cousin! Greetings to you! "How did you fare today with the longhouse?"

That was quick…

The cousins chatted amicably enough between the two of them, but when Akela walked away, Ayatah noticed something in Razkar’s face. Is he… jealous?

She stifled laughter, but a highly entertained grin splashed across her lips. ”Don’t worry, he asked me to go hunting for the full skeleton of a deer… But I’m only impressed by men that ask me to hunt tigers.” She winked and giggled --

"Let's not tarry this feast. I want to get you back to bed..."

The lowness of his voice and the feel of his breath on her ear made Ayatah’s playful grin drop. Her skin tingled, her pulse quickened and her eyes glinted wickedly. Absolute lust hung in the air between him, and she placed a hand on his leg which very slowly worked it’s way higher and higher…

”Good. I’ve been waiting oh-so patiently to get my hands on you.” She held herself close to his ear as he had done to her, lingering there just long enough to stir something within them both.

Then she leant away, retracted her hand, and winked.

|| Ayatah's speech || Ayatah's thoughts || Others' speech ||
Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Words: 667148
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2012, 11:30 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Afterwards (Ayatah)

Postby Razkar on January 30th, 2013, 10:01 pm

”Good. I’ve been waiting oh-so patiently to get my hands on you.”

Razkar stiffened the moment her hand touched him... and he prayed fervently that it his loincloth was not giving too much away. Propriety dictated that he should stall her fingers in front of his family, but as his heart thudded in his chest he found himself powerless... until she stopped.

The breath he let out was more ragged than he wanted, and the grin was almost breathless.

"Imagine what it's been like for me."

Their meal went quickly and slowly in equal measure. Both of them savored their meat, feasting on the flesh they had slayed not even half a day before, but there was little talking in between mouthfuls. Razkar exchanged words with his siblings, chipped in advice into the myriad of arguments and debates that family gatherings always birthed, but started none of his own. His dark eyes slid over and again to her face, glowing with anticipation.

Until his plate was empty, and he finally stood.

His clan did not notice him much; so many other families ate and talked and laughed and argued and boasted that one rising male was hardly to be commented on. And he would not have cared if they did.

He extended his hand down to her, and she took it, rising with him.

"Father," he said to Zek, bowing politely to him and his kin, "We will retire for the evening. I bid you all a restful night."

Zek knew better than to ask his son to stay, even though he wanted to. He'd not seen his oldest boy for many months, and yearned to sit down and talk as father and son. How much had he seen with the army? What had he done? Who had he met? He had so many questions for him, so much advice he had yet to impart that he knew his fledgling warrior would need.

But a young man in love had a different set of priorities. And whatever Razkar thought the thing curling around his insides was, Zek knew that was its true name.

So he nodded and shielded the regret from his eyes. There was not much of it, anyway. He and Yurta... Goddess, that was a strange match. For months he had wondered if he had made a mistake, as her will and his battered against one another. And then, with the birth of their first daughter, when he held her blood- and ooze-covered body and it gurgled up at him, and he had looked down at his half-dead wife and seen her smile...

It all made sense. It was not easy, nor constant, nor perfect, but he had loved her every day until she was taken from him.

"Then go, both of you, and sleep well."

He watched the two young ones weave through clusters of Shor Skulls until they were in the shadows behind his family's longhouse. If he squinted, he could make out their own shadows flitting and joining larger ones, until he saw the fluttering of the hunting lodge open, and they were gone.

"And good luck..."
Razkar has been cursed by Yahal, and as such finds little acceptance from others; they will instinctively view him as being deceptive and traitorous. However, when close to one blessed by Yahal, the effect is negated. The curse is etched onto his left pectoral, and viewing the mark causes others to feel dirty and unclean.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Afterwards (Ayatah)

Postby Ayatah on January 30th, 2013, 10:49 pm

"Then go, both of you, and sleep well."

Smiling, Ayatah nodded her head in respect to his father, ”Thank you, and I hope the night provides you with restful sleep.”

She let Razkar lead her to the lodge in which they would spend the night. The coolness was a welcome change to the smoky heat of the air near the bonfires, and the voices of the Shorn Skulls were dimmed inside the hut.

As soon as they had passed into the threshold inside, and the door had flapped to a close, Ayatah had stepped sideways so she was stood facing him. That spark in her eyes was back, and she wasted no time closing the distance between him and her.

”I think today has been largely successful…” She said slowly, a finger tracing the muscles and scars than ran down his chest. Her other hand was rested on his shoulders, with her body slipped against his, desire and body heat emanating from them.

Her hands went lower, down past his navel and hovered just above where his loincloth covered the rest of his body. It was taking every ounce of self-control that Ayatah had to not rip both his and her clothing off and lose herself in sex and sweat and him. But these moments, when it was just the two of them and nobody else to judge or frown, were already precious. It was where they could be frank and honest with each other, as well as themselves.

”…Apart from some members of your family thinking that I’m no good for you…” Again, her words were drawn out, and her finger traced along the top of the loincloth, a dangerous smile on those full lips of hers. Ayatah did not usually appreciate games, but when it came this - enjoying his body but at the same time making them both restrain themselves just that bit longer - it was hard for her to not have fun.

After a few long moments, she allowed herself to plunge into her own lust, and her hand slipped ever lower as she kissed him with all the want of a young Myrian woman.

Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Afterwards (Ayatah)

Postby Razkar on January 30th, 2013, 11:43 pm

”I think today has been largely successful…”

With no disapproving eye or ears to scrutinize them, no-one to impress or mind himself around, Razkar let himself relax totally for the first time since he woke that morning. The moment the door flap stopped swinging (no, it was before that, actually) his fingers rose and caressed the soft skin of Ayatah's arms, sliding upwards, marveling at its texture...

"My full stomach agrees with you," he said, and then rubbed his chest with mock pain. "Not to mention my bruises, Aya."

Then her own finger started teasing down his body. His muscles jerked and stiffened to attention and everywhere she touched seemed like it was on fire but he willed himself not to move. He felt himself harden under his loincloth, member growing turgid and almost painful. Arousal one thing, but this self-denial was a blissful agony...

”…Apart from some members of your family thinking that I’m no good for you…”

... and that, of course, kind of ruined it. His hardness stayed where it was but his mind was derailed, thinking on the looks and mutterings he had witnessed today. His clan were... not the most progressive of peoples, if he understood that word correctly. Up until when his mother was born, the barbarians that lived beyond the jungle had never even been seen by them. Clans that lived fifty miles away were considered exotic. So he had expected that reaction from them to Ayatah.

Understood, but did not agree. Would never agree.

Then she kissed him, and those thoughts and fears crumbled to nothing.

His hands jerked up like pistons and he grabbed her waist, lifting her off her feet and turning her around in one quick movement. He planted her on the bed on her back, falling with her, and not once did their lips part. Finally, though, he broke away, with her hand on his face, her other one snaking between his legs.

"I'm not courting them, Aya." He said, choosing his words carefully and meaning them. "And you needn't worry about trying to impress them. Some will accept you. Many will not, and never will. So why worry? These fears are for a future that will come when it is ready, no matter how much you ignore or fret. Now... where was I?"

He started to kiss her again, but the taste of her lips against his was only for moments. His own mouth moved down her neck, loving the gasp and the arc of her back his kisses provoked. Then down her neck, down the valley between her breasts, her soft and flat stomach...

And he kept kissing down.

Razkar had heard the females talk on countless nights throughout his life, including and especially when they thought he wasn't listening. What they liked. What they didn't like. What the silly males did, and what they should try to do.

Razkar of the Shorn Skulls had learned well...
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Afterwards (Ayatah)

Postby Ayatah on January 31st, 2013, 3:33 pm

She giggled coquettishly when Razkar’s lifted her up, and her long legs wrap around his waist as he carried her across the lodge. Ayatah felt the soft furs of the bed against her back, and the heat from his body pressed against her front. Even when he broke away to speak, his body was still hovering above hers, and Ayatah took advantage of her position by letting her hands full explore the length of his body longingly.

“And you needn't worry about trying to impress them. Some will accept you. Many will not, and never will. So why worry? These fears are for a future that will come when it is ready, no matter how much you ignore or fret. Now... where was I?"

The words reflected Ayatah’s own thoughts, but coming from him, they were easier to accept. Razkar was right; some members of his clan would never accept her... But this was not a personal thing (or at least, Ayatah likened it think it wasn’t, anyway). They disliked her for something that she could not control, and was not her own doing.

However, this emphasized that there was very little that she could do to change their opinions. But then again... the only way to go is up in their estimations she thought hopefully.

Ayatah’s sensible thinking fell to tatters when his lips began travelling down her body. Her fingers grasped at the furs beneath her, and sometimes at his shoulders and forearms when she gasped at the touch of his lips. Every now and then, she would moan sensually.

For a single chime, a question popped into Ayatah’s mind: where did he learnt such… skills? But something - most likely the feeling of him down there - knocked the query out of her thoughts.

Their pasts did not matter. The two of them had come together, intensely and perhaps a little too quickly, but there they were. The chemistry, attraction, and care they had for each other emanated from them both - so much so that even the youngest and most naive of children knew that they were more than close friends.

And past lovers were one of the things on that long list that simply did not matter anymore.

Ayatah allowed herself to completely and utterly relish those moments; his hands and lips bought her more eroticism than she could ever have imagined possible. She did not even think about the rest of the clan outside the hunting lodge - although they were still creating enough noise that would conceal her moans.

Even after she had reached the climax of her pleasure, there was still a keenness in Ayatah to enjoy more - and have more - of him. ”I think,” she murmured lowly as she pushed him gently to one side by his shoulders, ”it’s my turn now.” And she swung a leg over him, so once again she was on top, a leg either side. Except this time, unlike when she had pinned him down in front of the children earlier that day, she did not need to show restraint.

And she wouldn’t - Ayatah’s desire was burning deep within her, and as she buckled her hips a little to make the most of the friction between them, that smirk came to her face. She could not imagine being anywhere else - or being as happy as she was there and then.

Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Afterwards (Ayatah)

Postby Razkar on January 31st, 2013, 10:33 pm

Image[indent]There was not clan or village that night. There was no day or night. No world beyond the four walls the two sweating, gasping Myrians lay between. All fears were banished and condemned to wait until dawn before they could return.

There was only them, lost in passion and the feverish exploration of each others bodies.

Razkar stared up in something like awe as Ayatah ground and bucked atop of him, both of them now naked with clothes strewn about the bed and floor. He could feel himself inside her, pulsating and tense and enraptured. He dared not close his eyes as she let her head fall back, hands resting on his chest as he groped up towards hers.

For what seemed like an age they moved against each other until his entire body stiffened, every pulse of his body pausing, mouth open slack and head arched back as...

When it was over, she collapsed against him, and for long chimes they lay there, panting and giggling in equal measure until they remembered what world they lived in and pulled the furs over their bodies.

Razkar wrapped his arms around her from behind, smiling as she clutched his forearms as she drifted off to sleep. He nuzzled her long, soft hair as she spoke, feeling her own heartbeat through his body... waited and felt in wonder as his own started to beat in the same rhythm as hers.

Night calls in the jungle. Crackling flame and laughing Myrians. But they were for the night, or the morning, not for this timeless moment they shared. He shuffled backwards and she rolled a little bit onto her back, already lost in sleep with a tiny, mysterious smile on her face.

He gently stroked hair from her face and stroked her cheek. He looked at her for a long time, as nameless feelings and urges jockeyed for position in his heart and tried to be heard. After a fashion, he accepted what they were. Terrifying, uncertain, unknowable but undeniable.

"I'm falling in love with you," he whispered, and then, once he had admitted that much to himself, he settled down beside her and let sleep reunite them.[indent]Image
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Afterwards (Ayatah)

Postby Magpie on February 16th, 2013, 8:38 pm

e
Razkar :
XP:
Seduction +2
Planning +1
Tracking +1
Stealth +1
Hunting +1
Weapon: Shortbow +1
Weapon: Dagger +1
Observation +2
Teaching +5
Weapon: Gladius +4
Brawling +1

Lores:
Sun-Up is for Chores, No Exceptions
Trusting Ayatah
The Shorn Skulls Trusts Ayatah
The Particular Panic of a Loved One in Danger
Ayatah: Inescapably Half-Blood
Kisses Make it Better
Getting the Attention of Children
Even Children Respect Seniority
Ayatah: Lover and Warrior
Teaching: Educate and Correct
Seeing Social Mores in a New Light
Even Adults Need Their Vegetables
The Feeling of Falling in Love

Additional: Very wide breadth of skills here. I would have liked to give you more points for the shortbow during the hunt, but most of the action was focused on details other than what was specifically going on with the shot. On a more personal note, I loved seeing this sensitive side of Razkar, which you made beautiful and believable at the same time.

Ayatah :
XP:
Seduction +4
Tracking +1
Stealth +1
Hunting +1
Weapon: Shortbow +2
Observation +2
Teaching +5
Weapon: Dagger +2
Unarmed Combat +1

Lores:
Bending Over – It Works
Daily Chores of the Shorn Skulls
The Importance of Sharing Weapons
Keeping the Family’s Approval
Mayura, Telio, Hurax & Urap: Not Easily Impressed
Longbow Vs Shortbow: The Pull
Shortbows – Great for Hunting
Not Everyone Likes a Half Blood
Kisses Make it Better
Lying isn’t an Option with Family
Gladius: Thrusting, Blocking, and Care
Children Aren’t so Bad
Razkar: Heritage Doesn’t Matter
Dinner Rites of the Shorn Skulls

Additional: There were a couple places in the sparring section that I would have liked a little more detail on what was going on specifically related to the use of the dagger. You were very descriptive of what was going on overall, but more detail on each movement would have gotten a few more points. You wrote Ayatah's internal conflict regarding her heritage very well, and I enjoyed the fact that she was proud, but not blindly so.

Notes: :
A very, very good read. You two took what are common daily tasks for any Myrian and made them fascinating and rich, with a surprisingly sensitive undercurrent of what it feels like to move from passion to love. I hope we get to see more from these two before the inevitable parting.

If you have any questions or concerns about what was awarded, please don't hesitate to PM me.
e
Office ~ Riverfall ~ Starting Guide ~ Q & A Forum
Moderated Threads: Full up right now, sorry!
Magpie
A-flutter

Words: 324445
Joined roleplay: January 28th, 2013, 4:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous