OOC Info [The Spires OOC] Between the Trunks

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

[The Spires OOC] Between the Trunks

Postby Luhrak Searunner on April 4th, 2013, 6:42 am

Hello Spirians.

Thought I'd pass by and say hello before I officially settle in in one of your petals. My name is Ortal P. Drykas and I'm an old wizard trying to settle down and write his autobiography, sort of. (who is silently hoping that he'll be too busy to write much of it anyway)
Luhrak Searunner
Geronima! Yowzah! Fantastic! Run!

Words: 160019
Joined roleplay: April 4th, 2013, 1:45 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Capricious on April 6th, 2013, 9:36 pm

Hello Spirians!

Welcome to the city, Ortal! I hope you enjoy your stay and, if you have any issues/questions/concerns, feel free to contact me!

In other news, the family issues that pulled me away from my wonderful players have been resolved! If you contacted me and I did not respond, do not fret. I will be handling all issues and concerns in a timely manner. This includes job requests, thread replies, etc. Have the patience we Jamoura are known for!

Please note! Today is the last day to respond to the termites event. After today, the thread will be closed and graded!

-Capri

Capricious
Assistant Storyteller of The Spires

Words: 171332
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2012, 11:14 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Alea Davenport on April 17th, 2013, 12:06 am

Shameless self-advertising!

I just posted an open thread, so anybody who wants to chill with a (slightly distressed at the moment) Alea, feel free to join! :)
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Capricious on April 19th, 2013, 1:11 am

Don't forget about the Northern Reaches!. This forum is to be used if you are threading outside the city in any form. It's particularly useful for travel, gaining wilderness survival, or having adventures outside the city limits. I fully recommend utilizing this forum to your most ability, because it's so unique! If you're interested in developing a location, an animal, or a plant for the wilds, please contact me.

On another note, roleplaying. I've seen some very short posts lately in threads. While this is allowed, please note that the more description you have and in-depth you are, the thread will be so much more fun and unique! Remember: you are weaving a story!

Capricious

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Capricious on April 21st, 2013, 1:17 am

Hello Spirians!

The quest sign-ups and overviews have been posted! They can be found here. The two main plotlines this season are the termites and the slavers. Please read through the link and see if your PC would be interested in either quest, or both! If so, please fill out the form located at the bottom of the sign-ups and PM me. If you are signing up for both quests, please list your preference if you are not able to be involved in both. Thanks!

-Capri

Capricious

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Capricious on April 26th, 2013, 12:28 pm

Hello Spirians!

It's great to see so many of you interested in the quests. They will begin shortly and continue until the end of the season. If you chose to be involved in both quests, please note there will be a slight overlap.

In other news, my activity this weekend will be low. I will be answering PMs and perhaps popping into chat, but no major grading or posts. There are several extra-curricular activities that need my attention (such as a trip with the choir, for example), and I will not be able to be on the computer as much as I usually am. If you haven't already seen the post, please view my scrapbook to the last post to see the reason behind my sudden decrease in activity this week.

Continue being wonderful, my players! <3

Capricious

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Srath on April 27th, 2013, 3:07 pm

Hello Capricious! I am just swinging by to say hello and let you know I plan on flashing back here to Srath's younger days to develop him and his past some, so look forward to a random Jamoura in your area.
Srath
Player

Words: 13876
Joined roleplay: March 10th, 2012, 10:41 pm
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Capricious on May 28th, 2013, 1:26 am

Players of The Spires,

The Spring Season is coming to a close. Please make sure to get your required minimum of two job threads turned in to earn your seasonal wage. In these threads, you will need to demonstrate the act of completing your job. All wage requests are to be turned into the moderation and grading request thread.

As of today, I will be retiring from my position on staff. All reasons are personal and to be undisclosed. While the resignation may seem abrupt, I have been toying with it for some time. I am certain you will be in good hands and I will still be around on my PC, Lixue, if you have any questions, etc. Please know, my time with each and every one of you has been absolutely amazing.

Capricious

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Gossamer on May 28th, 2013, 3:41 pm

Hello Folks.

With Capricious' abrupt departure and The Spires' being left unattended its going to come down to a decision on whether to place a babysitter in The Spires or close the city down. Now I know, looking at thread counts, there has been virtually no activity here for some time, mainly in the single digits and in the past few weeks only one active thread - which I assume is this one... Between The Trunks.

To me, this is sad because The Spires has always been a hotbed of activity and to see it in such a shape is depressing for all those who love the natural forest, the sincere philosophical rp present here, and what incredible potential The Spires has to be a mecca of knowledge universally throughout Mizahar.

Team Kalea has volunteered to watch the city should we assign it a babysitter. However, to bring it back to what it once was, I suspect we need a full time moderator who is active and understanding of the nature of the city and what it represents. So I'm not sure the babysitter/band aide approach is appropriate here when the city feels so abandoned already.

I feel torn. Close it until such an individual volunteers to step forward? Keep it opened as the husk of a city it is now with almost no activity? Can the players left here, if anyone at all is, mind their own adventures and hang on until we find a suitable ST?

Please tell us your thoughts. At least some sounding off will give as an idea if anyone is even here anymore and interested in posting or rping about what this lovely city stands for.

Goss
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Deadfang on May 28th, 2013, 4:35 pm

I'm going try and be as least biased as possible since I have PC (though not that active) in The Spires.

My first thought when reading your post Gossamer, was that it might be best to shut down the city. Simply because that if someone who was determined enough to reopen the city, would likely be dedicated to stick to the city and treat it really well.

On the other hand, The Spires is a fairly well developed city, and could support itself for the most part until a proper moderator is found. Perhaps make it so the only moderator attention would be answering of questions and grading. This way its not too big of a burden on the babysitters, and the few people in the city would be able to keep up with their stories.

Not sure if this helped, but that's just my two mizas.
Deadfang
Player

Words: 24345
Joined roleplay: March 28th, 2013, 5:25 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Plotnotes

PreviousNext