OOC Info [The Spires OOC] Between the Trunks

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

[The Spires OOC] Between the Trunks

Postby Wanda Endust on May 28th, 2013, 8:48 pm

This hurts my heart. :(

Though I left my Jamoura PC as a work in progress in order to pursue Wanda's story, I was still planning on returning to him by the end of the summer.

Actually, I admit that one of the big factors that played a role in my writer's block with Prid was that I didn't want to spend days working on a wonderful CS for him because the Spires were practically abandoned.

If a new ST does step up, I think that what the location needs is a makeover. It needs something that would draw players in. Now I have absolutely no clue what that might be, so I'm not being a super-big help here. I dunno. Maybe there should be some kind of site-wide vote, to see what everyone thinks. I don't know if that would be possible or not, but it would definitely give the Spires some publicity.

Anyway, I'm done being unhelpful here! :P
Wanda Endust
Searching for purpose.

Words: 178647
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2013, 6:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Postby Phoenix on May 28th, 2013, 8:52 pm

Although it was almost a year ago, I helped Creeper develop The Spires almost more than I helped Wind Reach. Granted, I haven't been present in the city for very long at all, I am just posting this to let you all who are still around know that if you need anything while this hiatus/situation is figured out, I would love to help. :)
Phoenix
The Capacity for Inspiration

Words: 782528
Joined roleplay: November 22nd, 2010, 3:54 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Noblesse on May 29th, 2013, 12:04 pm

As I have already mentioned in another thread, I am very willing to help out as much as I can here in The Spires. Even though I haven't been around very long, I live practically next door and it would be such a waste to shut down a city holding such potential for many great stories for its players. There are also a number of people in Avanthal wishing to travel here and I would feel bad for them if they don't get the chance to travel over when they're finally able to do so.

And of course, where'd we get our chocolate supply if we can't visit our giant furry neighbors to the South anymore? :)
Noblesse
Let them eat flavored snow!

Words: 181013
Joined roleplay: February 25th, 2013, 5:29 pm
Office

Postby Alea Davenport on May 29th, 2013, 10:18 pm

I hope one day to see the Spires open and thriving, but right now I don't have the stamina to thread with this character enough to make it happen right now. As for whether to close it outright... I would appreciate the ability to (slowly) resolve my existing threads, but I would understand if people would rather not keep the fate of the Spires in limbo for such a reason. ^^;

As for Alea, she (PC more than writer, really) has needed a vacation for a while now, so I think, with the blessing of relevant moderators (whoever they may be at this point), I would like to send Alea on a boat-ride to Mura. The idea is that if she hops a boat by Spring the 30th, she should be able to reach Mura by early Winter. I'd rather not whip up a post about it if I don't have to, especially given that I'd have only 2 days to do so. Do the mods think it would be fine to just mention the departure in my CS calendar/thread list somewhere, rather than posting about it IC, or should I post something?
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Xio Alcetar on June 10th, 2013, 6:31 pm

I've been planning a character for The Spires for quite a while, and I would hate to see it die out so soon, but I'm not approved to play yet. Hopefully a new mod or a babysitter will be able to approve me so I can start playing.
~excuse me, I arted~
Xio's CS: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic34041.html
My characters: https://charahub.com/characters
My art: doodletigress.deviantart.com
Xio Alcetar
Player

Words: 6421
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2013, 6:59 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal

I've been planning a character for The Spires for quite a while, and I would hate to see it die out so soon, but I'm not approved to play yet. Hopefully a new mod or a babysitter will be able to approve me so I can start playing.
~excuse me, I arted~
Xio Alcetar
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal

~excuse me, I arted~
Xio Alcetar
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Gossamer on June 11th, 2013, 7:52 pm

Greetings Tree Lovers-

For the time being, we are going to close The Spires to any and all new threads. If you have ongoing threads in The Spires, please feel free to finish them off. The Spires needs a lot of work, the attention of a full time Storyteller, and some massive work on the lore. This decision wasn't an easy one, but due to the activity levels within The Spires for quite some time, it is completely the only logical thing to do. We can temporarily retire alts that are here, or Phoenix in Kalea is willing to facilitate the OOC evacuation of the Spires via Wind Eagles and Traders to take your PCs to other cities. Please PM her for the details of her trade schedule. You may remain to do flashbacks, but please no new threads to preserve the continuity of the city for its future development.

Thanks!

Gossamer

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on June 11th, 2013, 9:36 pm

Hmmm... ok. I guess this is logical to happen, but I still come across a bit of a problem, as I was sending Spirit here this season

I mean, I could cancel the trip, but that would be... um... sorta hard, since I'm already writing a leaving thread, and have written a solo during the journey.

I CAN change the date on the solo to early journey, rather than late, and have someone come intercept them on the journey (another PC was coming)

However, I'd need a reason for this, and though I do have one... it's quite drastic, and was something I was hoping on saving for later :S

Any advice?

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Words: 302388
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2013, 11:53 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Alea Davenport on June 11th, 2013, 10:31 pm

If you're travelling by sea, have a storm blow you off course to WR :P

Otherwise.... um... get kidnapped? Or arrive at the Spires and find an excuse to immediately leave, so fast you don't have time for actual threads...

If you need more, PM me. Finding IC reasons for things caused by OOC stuff is a hobby of mine ;)
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

PreviousNext