PM to join Worse For Wear

Ricky decides to venture out of his room at the inn, only to find his exploration takes a wrong turn.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Worse For Wear

Postby Ricky Maze on April 25th, 2013, 6:46 am

Worse For Wear
Spring 32nd, 513 AV; 12th Bell

Sunberth. Still the same city he was in last night, and still the same city onto tomorrow too. Ricky had stocked up on food rations for the trip to Nyka since they were in town, he wasn't sure what Valo was up to right now of course. Ricky hardly liked a place of violence, let alone a entire city of anarchy. So being here pretty much worried the sleep hours away for a while, which is probably the reason why he still felt anxious just sitting in his room. Whether it was because he was cooped up or in a place he didn't feel safe in, either way he was bound to lose his mind by staying cooped up in the room. 'Argh, this is gettin me nowhere quick.' Ricky scoffed as he looked out the window, the sun clearly wasn't going to move any quicker for him. 'Petch it. Just stroll for a bit, ain't nobody gonna pick a fight with someone yer size.' He told himself with a disheartened expression. He grabbed his coat and pulled the sleeves on, and checked the pocket for the room key as he headed out the door.

As he went on out of the Pig's Foot Tavern he felt the prying eyes of the local civilization follow, although he used the term civil very loosely. Ricky wasn't fond of the city because of the rumors, and though trouble hadn't seem to find its way around him yet, he was still vigilant about the whole idea. He went on down the street and observed some of the broke down architecture, and slightly admired the fact that even for a lawless city it still stood on decent ground. Smoke and char filled the air heavily though, as the town must've had several arsonists running about. 'If this were my home... Laviku be flippin boats.' He thought to himself as he looked ahead. He found that a group of shady men had gathered and walked in the direction he was coming from, and that was more then enough to steer him elsewhere to avoid any possible confrontation. When he turned off he had slipped into a alley that he thought would take him to another street. However one right turn ended in a dead end part of the alley, and when Ricky turned around to head back, three men waited at the end with sneerful grins. 'Petch my damn luck!' He cursed under his breath, as he slowly retreated back instinctively. "You lost?" The middle one interrogated, while the other two took slow intimidating steps. Both were built like Ricky but were just short of his height, as the middle one was not as built but more toned. All of them looked as though they had been in rough scraps before, and judging by how they act as a pack Ricky didn't like what his gut told him.

"Heh, just passin on my way through's all. Ricky hid his tension with a fake grin, a mask of positivity that would hopefully charm his way out of this corner.

"A foreigner eh? Where you from?" He looked coldly at Ricky as the other two cracked their knuckles, and Ricky finally backed his limit as he felt the wall.

"I'm... from Zeltiva." His eyes searched for a possible way to leave, to hopefully evade this pack of dogs before they tore him up. It was too late of course, he was already a cornered bear to them.

"That pathetic town of fish eaters?!" He spat at the ground as he then started walking, and right after Ricky blinked a fist from one of the men flew at his face. It made direct contact with his nose, and sent a shockwave of pain through his entire face. He staggered against the wall as he felt underneath, blood already dripped out of his now flushed red nose. He wanted to cry out in pain for help, but terror had already siezed his ability to speak. All he could do was groan at the pain that throbbed in his flarring nostrils.

"Fight back ya petchin bag of shyke!" His assailant said with a snicker, Ricky only looked at him with a scornfull expression.

"Ye ain't gettin a fight from me." The other guy from the left threw a punch now, this time it was right in Ricky's left eye. Ricky groaned once again as he hit the wall, and slid to his bum with heavy gasps. Tears automatically flowed from his eyes, as he held a hand over his left. The blood from his nose was now in his mouth, the metallic taste bitter to his tongue as he spat.

"Such a shame, for a sailor you're quite the coward." The middle man said with a small laugh, arms crossed as he enjoyed watching Ricky squirm. Another hook from the right hit Ricky in the jaw, which caused him to fall to his arms and knees.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Worse For Wear

Postby Michaela Abendroth on April 26th, 2013, 6:22 am

Michaela was out for her normal walk.
Today though Michaela had her wings wrapped around her like a cloak and not out in the open, although most people knew her around here by now, she still didn't like to see the nasty looks and glances that she got when her wings were stretched out and being all free and what not. Not that it bothered Michaela at all what people thought of her, she still decided that she was going to be nice to the other people around here.

Michaela was getting hungry and she didn't know quite what for yet, maybe there would be some poor man in an alleyway and nobody would notice that he was gone, although Michaela usually ate at nighttime to avoid being seen, Michaela forgot to eat last night as she was pretty busy. Usually Michaela could go a day or two without eating, but Michaela thought that maybe she worked her body too much last night and that her stomach needed something in it.
Somehow Michaela knew that just simple bought good would not do it for her.

Maybe Michaela would see someone that needed help. Michaela loved helping people in this city! Michaela loved proving people wrong about Zith, although there were many Zith things that Michaela still did, there were tons that Michaela no longer was a part of which is why she left Castle XY and Din.

Michaela was walking down a path and there was a usual dead ended alleyway where sometimes homeless or dying people would go and Michaela would hide in the shadows or figure something out and eat whatever prey Michaela was able to get a hold of. As Michaela got closer to the alleyway that she frequented recently she heard a commotion. Michaela hoped that her stomach would not get in the way of saving whomever the poor soul was that has gotten him or herself in trouble.

As Michaela got around the corner Michaela could see that a poor soul had gotten corner into the end of the dead ended alleyway and they were not little men that had cornered him. Michaela could hear some talking but even with the Zith bat like hearing Michaela could not quite make out what was being said. Michaela was sure that she could take them on but she wasn't sure if she could take them all on at once.

Now was the hard decision that Michaela had to make, should she try and interfere and see if she could distract them from her, or if she should just stay back in the shadows and wait until the 3 men left and then attack them from afterwards.
I love to RP if anyone wants to create one and needs people or want to do a 1-on-1 just let me know :) I love to RP :) And I am up for any!

*~Michaela Abendroth~*

When my character speaks or is thinking to herself I use Italics "with italics"
Michaela Abendroth
Player

Words: 47233
Joined roleplay: March 12th, 2013, 1:00 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet

Worse For Wear

Postby Ricky Maze on April 26th, 2013, 7:08 am

Ricky crawled a little to where he would be able to stand, but that was a mistake he made on his part. For one he probably looked as though he were groveling to the pack leader, and two what came next was definitely more painful then a punched eye and bloodied nose. The man on the left kicked him right in the ribs, which caused Ricky to yelp in pain as he about fell on his side, had the one on the right not taken his turn to kick then. Both men started kicking Ricky at his sides, his whole torso felt the pain of shock as it rose to the level of excrutiating. Finally he couldn't take it anymore, and simply collapsed as he found the strength to hold himself up had gone. The two men had kicked him too many times to count, and all of Ricky's insides more then ached. They too wanted to cry uncle as he was beat down, and all Ricky could do way lay on the ground before this pack; helpless to himself. The pack of wolves had hunted the bear and tore hin down it seems, now Ricky could only hope that these men had their "fun" and leave him be.

"You should'a fought back, might'a done you some good." Their leader remarked with a sneer, which he then turned around as though he were deciding to leave. Ricky could only see the feet of the three men, as he did his best to keep breathing. Each breath was a silent painful cry as his lungs hurt; so too did his head and sides, and his heart as well.

"We finish him off or what?" It was the one on the left, a maniacal sort of sound could be heard in his voice. That was before Ricky's ears finally started to ring as he exhaustively kept his breathing going, it was all he could do considering his situation.

"Naw, he learned his lesson. Whatever it is anyway." The one in the center turned back to Ricky, and walked closer to him. He knelt down and grabbed Ricky by his hair, and pulled his head up to where he could see the mans face. Brown hair and green eyes, and a scar that went across the nose. This one definitely had the look of a leader, and obviously the pack mentality as well. "Welcome to Sunberth idiot." He sneered as he forced Ricky's face into the dirt, satisfied he stood up and Ricky heard footsteps trail off, he didn't dare to look up though. No he instead just wallowed in his being made an example of, the pain that burned and radiated through his skull and torso enormous to his measure. He could taste the gritty dirt on his blood covered lips, his breath's were long and light as he struggled to find comfort. Comfort was what he needed, if he could find that then he could find the will to stand up. It wouldn't come easy but so long as it would be Ricky being the only one in this alley, he would sure enough find some comfort in knowing he would be alright. Alive and all right at least, this would be something Ricky would look upon and remember; at time he was worse for wear...
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Worse For Wear

Postby Michaela Abendroth on April 26th, 2013, 7:39 am

Michaela hid behind a couple of boxes that were to the side at the starting of the alleyway and watched the 3 men walk by, oh how Michaela just wanted to end them there but she would wait, if she seen them at night time, they best beware of her. Michaela was pissed at how those men reacted even though that man did nothing and accidentally turned down the wrong alleyway. *sigh* Michaela understood that that was the way that Sunberth was, but why show new people just how shykey of a place that it could be. After the men were far enough away from the alleyway and were pretty much out of sight, Michaela walked down the alleyway to where the man was laying.

"Hi, my name is Michaela and I am going to get you to somewhere safe okay. Trust me I am not going to hurt you, although your first impression of Sunberth is probably not at the greatest right now, I am one of the few people that live here that actually care about other people that come here."
Michaela said to the man.

"And please don't judge me because of my race, I am not going to eat you, I already ate last night."
Michaela said with a smile.

"So how about we get you to some place safer? And I can tell you about safe places and non-safe places for new-comers around this dang city. Where is the place that you are staying? If you don't have one I can take you to mine and get you patched up."
Michaela said to him.
I love to RP if anyone wants to create one and needs people or want to do a 1-on-1 just let me know :) I love to RP :) And I am up for any!

*~Michaela Abendroth~*

Michaela Abendroth
Player

Character sheet

Worse For Wear

Postby Ricky Maze on April 26th, 2013, 8:26 am

Ricky paused in his breathing as he heard the footsteps of another, and when he his head to look he found a Zith hovered above him. His first reaction would've been a scream right then and there, but all that came out was a sigh as he listened. Clearly this was NOT his lucky day. Or so he thought until she carried on, then he really started to count his blessings. How fortunate that when he believes to find himself alone another predator comes along, but actually wants to help him instead. 'If she's a Zith then she's not as brutish as they sound...' He mused as he just laid there, listened to her as she spoke until she finally suggested they move elsewhere.

"Just... give me... a few... ticks..." He huffed inbetween each pause, as he mustered what strength he could to pull his arms in. He grunted and gave a long groan as he pushed himself up enough, and finally pushed to where he rested on his back now. His eye was already bruised and his nose was a darker red than a tomato, which still trailed blood until his head laid on the ground. Then it went into his mouth, which was reason enough to turn his head to the side where he could still see her and let his nose continue to bleed. He spat out the blood that drained into his mouth, and took slow heavy breathes. "Just let me... rest... for a while..." He remarked as he spat once more, the sour metallic taste in his mouth irritated him while his nose burned. His left eye already developed a bruise from the punch.

"So why take pity on me eh?" He finally spoke without needing to pause, a grunt still occured though when he finished. Why not finish what they started? It was a matter of observation for him, though she may have stated she was one of the "nicer" civilians here he didn't buy it. It would take a bit of convincing before Ricky would tell her where he was staying, let alone just randomly help him out when she just happen to conveniently be around after the pack left. If there was a time for Ricky to be overly cautious and considerate it would definitely be now...
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Worse For Wear

Postby Michaela Abendroth on April 26th, 2013, 11:16 am

Michaela could tell that Ricky didn't trust her and most people didn't ...
*Sigh* sometimes Michaela really hated being a Zith, but it had it's advantages too.
Michaela then looked around and then sat down on the ground beside him. She would stay here and protect him in case those other men decided to come back or someone else decided that they could eat him, or kill him, or finish him off from the damage that those men did. They were likely to be boasting about it wherever they are.

"Why, well because I walk around these part of the city, I usually try and make my round around the whole city every morning and day, much for exercise and to see what is happening around the city. And I know that you aren't going to trust me until I can prove to you that I am not like most of my race, which is fine I am used to people reacting to me like that and way worse in some cases."
Michaela said to the man.
"If you can try to sit up and pinch your nose, it should stop the bleeding depending on how damaged your nose is."

Michaela then looked towards the start of the dead-ended alleyway as she thought she heard something. Michaela then looked above them to.
Hmmm, must have just been hearing things. Michaela thought to herself.

"Take as much time as you need. I will sit here and watch over to make sure that nobody comes this way, or that those horrid men do not come back because they have decided that they have wanted to kill you after all."
Michaela said to the man, as she hoped that this would help so some trust to him in some way. If not well there was lots of time to show him trust.

Michaela sat there and waited for the man to get up enough strength to talk back to her, maybe she should just not talk to him until he is feelings bit more up to talking.

*~Michaela Abendroth~*

Michaela Abendroth
Player

Character sheet

Worse For Wear

Postby Ricky Maze on April 29th, 2013, 10:12 am

'Impetuous and forthcoming at once, she be persistant alright...' He thought to himself painfully, he felt ashamed by the beating but that was nothing he couldn't handle. As for the physical pain that he felt it was an experience he'd look back on, and just think himself a better man for not lowering himself down to their standards. When she suggested he try and lean up he exhaled softly, a would've been sigh had he not been through the experience he just had. She did have a point though, he needed to at least lean upward so his nose could bleed out. 'This is gonna be one petchin load of pain.' The expression wasn't even close to it though, already he was still in a load of pain as his muscles and ribs all ached. Pain radiated like fire as it rippled from his stomach, through his chest, and into his skull. Now he would have to struggle with even more pain just to take one small step to getting up.

Ricky slid his left arm out as he turned on that side, he began to wince and carry out long "Ows" as he stretched his arm past his head. His lower left rib provided more and more pain as he positioned his arm, but the struggle to resist the pain was only halfway done now. Ricky had to slide his arm and use it to arch himself. Stressful pain was more then clear in his expression as the agonizing discomfort continued in the same area. Finally he had managed to prop himself up to where he sat against the wall, short heavy pants followed as the excrutiating afflictions made him suffer more. He used his left hand to pinch the bridge of his nose, his eyes watery as he resisted the urge to hollar and curse like the son of a sailor he was. He looked to the Zith with troubled eyes, his bruised left eye was now a darker shade of purple. Finally his breathing came to be slow once more, he had to lick his lips out of habit as they were dry, and a full taste of dirt covered his tongue.

She was the color of a jet, the shade of an ebony. A sliver of midnight that stood out in the day. Ricky wondered if all Zith were like her, or if she was just one of the few that didn't act like total predators. She was a curious one, he gave her credit for that. Finally he broke the silence engaged between the both of them, his breathing a steady pace enough to hold a conversation. "Ye said ye're Michaela aye? I'm Ricky, from Zeltiva." He rested his head against the wall and closed his eyes, the pressure in his left eye began to increase enough to where it was a little unbearable. 'Damn them shykeheads, I hope the God's right their wrongs...' He thought to himself as he continued to breathe through his mouth, he could still taste blood and dirt even after spitting a couple of times. He wondered how pitiful he must've looked before this Zith, probably why she decided not to be a predator today.

Telion was right to be worried it seems, Ricky decides to go out on his own just for a little bit, then gets jumped with a warm "welcome" from the locals. "I guess a thanks would be in order, seein' as how other Sunberthians wouldn't be so kind." He didn't imagine anyone would come to help him, didn't think anyone would find him really. In a sense it actually was a blessing Michaela came through here. "So I thank ya... for stickin 'round." He probably sounded odd since he held his nose, the pressure was to help with the bleeding anyhow. It didn't seem to be helping any now, but results usually never show when something is just done; it's all a matter of time.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Worse For Wear

Postby Michaela Abendroth on April 30th, 2013, 6:41 am

((sorry for the late reply, I had a family emergency, my grandma's funeral and I it was a last minute decision, and I had no internet and was not even allowed online on my phone as it was a time for mourning ... I am sorry for making you wait ... I should be home in about an hour and then I will post then, I am just writing to let you know that I am sorry and I have not abandoned the thread.))

“You are welcome.”
Michaela nodded in the direction of the man while still looking at all the enterances to the alleyway, Michaela was going to keep her word to this man and not let anyone hurt him anymore than he already was.

“Do you want me to carry you home or at least help you home?”
Michaela asked Ricky.
“I know my race isn’t very trustworthy but trust me it would probably be more comfortable for you to be laying in your bed, or at least anywhere but the hard floor of the alleyway, but if you still do not trust me enough, then I will still stay here watching over you just like I promised, I am not the kind of Suberthian that goes back on things that they say. I hope that you don’t think of all Sunberthians are horrible people, although don’t get me wrong most of them are, but I am not one of those.”
Michaela said with a smile.

Michaela heard some noises again and she looked above her and she seen a shadow moving about. Michaela turned to Ricky and raised her finger to her mouth in a “sushing” motion. Michaela then slowly started to climb the wall and then Michaela peeked her head over the top of the wall and seen someone that was hunched over by some boxed. Michaela stared at the man for a while and waited for him to move. The man then just ran from one rooftop to the next. This confused Michaela just slightly and worried about her partner that was wounded down below. Michaela climbed back down the wall and sat in front of the man again.

“I really do think it would be best to leave this place. There are people all around, and that man I think he was a spy for someone but I am not sure, but he definitely didn’t stick around for very long. My offer still stands to either fly or walk or carry you to your place. I don’t even have to go in, I will stay outside until you feel comfortable with inviting me in. Just this place really isn’t the safest for you.”
Michaela said to the man with a very worried look on her face.
Michaela wasn’t saying that she couldn’t protect this man. That much she knew she could do, but Michaela was worried about the health and how comfortable this man was. It would be much safer for him to be in his own home and it would be much better for his health and healing.
Michaela sat there and watched the enterance ways while she a waited for a reply from the man.

*~Michaela Abendroth~*

Michaela Abendroth
Player

Character sheet

Worse For Wear

Postby Ricky Maze on May 1st, 2013, 9:00 pm

"Bah!" He exclaimed as he would've laughed, not even a chuckle could come up as he thought it funny. Him? Being carried?! Only when he was a small child was he carried, and that was a long time ago from now. "Ye ain't gotta carry me anywhere, it hurts but not enough to keep me down." He assured her as he put his hands against the wall, though he was more so trying to convince himself that. If someone else was around here to cause more trouble then she was right, it would be the best interest for him to leave and return at the inn. Even though he was fine and comfortable where he was, his bed was a far better choice in comfort.

"Ain't afraid ye'll hurt me anymore lass," He spoke with discomfort in his voice, as he used the wall for a crutch to help him stand. His entire torso gave the same radiated pain as he struggled to his feet, when he finally managed to stand he found his legs shook a bit. 'Unbelievable. They literally beat the will outta me.' He kept his breathing normal as he looked back to Michaela. "You've pretty much proven yer intent." He finally finished with a sigh. It was the truth after all, had she wanted to hurt him then she wouldn't have talked to him begin with. If it was to satisfy any curiosity she had before wanting to bring harm, then surely by now she would've done so. "It's a little ways back, but I'm stayin at the Pig's Foot Tavern, if yer wantin to see me return there." He figured she'd be insistant enough to want to go back with him, so he assumed he really didn't need to invite her.

With that said Ricky held onto his sides as he slouched, his ribs and back still hurt since he stood. He managed to that a step forward, though his legs were still a bit wobbly. 'Baby steps, remember baby steps.' he reminded himself as he took another. His progress would be slow but he wasn't falling over at least.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Worse For Wear

Postby Michaela Abendroth on May 2nd, 2013, 6:07 am

Michaela crouched down a little bit and put her shoulder under one of Ricky's arms. Michaela was going to help this man whether he liked it or not, she didn't like seeing good people in pain and she was going to help him as much as she could. Ricky tried to resist a little bit but then finally let her help him.

Michaela started to walk towards the inn with Ricky.

"So why are you here in Sunberth? Any exact reason? Or just stumbling through? Although I don't know of anyone who would really want to come through here without a purpose just to get the Shyke kicked out of them like you did."
Michaela said with a gentle laugh and then waited for an answer from Ricky

Michaela realized that they were getting closer and closer to the inn.
"Which room is yours?"
Michaela asked Ricky.

*~Michaela Abendroth~*

Michaela Abendroth
Player

Character sheet

Next