Completed [The Great Bazaar] Making Preparations

Fallon begins preparing for her impulse driven training outside of the citadel.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Great Bazaar] Making Preparations

Postby Fallon on May 11th, 2013, 6:46 pm

82nd Spring 513AV

Fallon paced the Bazaar, list held tightly in her hand as she begun to make her preparations. It was busy down there as always, people pushing and pulling, trying to desperately sell their wares and earn their coin for the day. Money after all made the world go round, and was necessary for the survival of the people. Her eyes glanced down at her list, her eyes reading the words that had been scrawled there, before she continued her search for supplies.

Impulse however was what had forced her into making this choice, and although it was a choice that she perhaps not made when under different stresses and strains, it was still made regardless. She needed to get out of the city for a while, just a few days. To breathe the fresh air and not to be cooped up in the general day to day trials and tribulations. So in the basement of the Citadel did she begin to work her way through the goods and necessities for the trip. Her destination, until dissuaded otherwise was to be Silkwater Lake, and during that time she would find her limits and push against them. She needed to succeed, now more than ever.

Going along the centre most row, the squire stopped to adjust her new load of goods, with Orvin following shortly behind. She had to keep a sharp eye on him at present, he had a tendency of late to get a little too curious with things. She gave a whistle, hand gesturing for him to sit himself next to her whilst she studied other necessary supplies. Glancing down at the list she reached out a hand to check some lamp oil closely, her fingers turning the flask before lowering it down once more. She gave a nod to the vendor, “I’ll take a pint of the stuff. I’m going to need it.”

Coins were exchanged, and she led the wolf once more behind her, after giving him a firm nudge with her boot. He gave her a scowl- or at least as close as the wolf could muster- before turning her attention once more to another stall, and flicking through the goods. All the meanwhile, her list began to grow and with that growth so did the expenses. Still it would be worth it in the end. She hoisted the new tent bag onto her back, her eyes turning about as she counted her coins.
Right… I need food… cooking supplies… arrows… she sent herself pacing down another row of stalls and her mind turning to other thoughts Wonder if I should have anyone come with me, make it something fun…? Don’t be silly, no one will want to come with you. Will they now?

receipt :
Oil (1-pint Flask) - 0.1gm
Tent, four person - 10gm
Brazier (simple) - 0.5gm
Toolkit, Cook/Chef - 10gm

Total= 20.6gm

OOC About :
Hello!

Now this is a sort of recruitment and/or whereabouts thread for Fallon. The aim is simple, Fallon's going up to the Silkwater lake from the 83rd to the 88th of Spring to do some intense training- in theory, not in practice. It will most likely be mentioned to those who come into the thread on a good few occasions, so should you wish to come along then ask- or just drop a PM and meet Fallon outside Syliras on the 83rd on her way up there your choice. Just make sure if you do come, that you have your own necessities ready to go.
Last edited by Fallon on May 31st, 2013, 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Varus on May 11th, 2013, 9:26 pm

Varus slowly walked through the bazaar, dodging those to lazy to look down at him. He sighed and pushed through a group of people standing around a stall. "Busy busy. The city's always busy" he mumbled. He stopped and looked around. His eyes landed on a four legged animal. He ran over to the creature and smiled. "Hello friend" he said looking at the animal, then up at the person standing next to him. "What are you doing?" he asked noticing the bag on her back. "Are you going on an adventure? Can I come? I am very helpful! I can help!" he said excitedly. He bounced up and down before looking back at the animal. He slowly reached a hand towards him and smiled again. "Is he nice?" he asked.
Varus
Player

Words: 4193
Joined roleplay: May 7th, 2013, 2:32 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Fallon on May 12th, 2013, 11:03 am

The voice of the miniature surprised Fallon. It was indeed something she was not expecting to hear, and as her eyes were snatched away and drawn down to the small clay Pycon, did she truly register what was going on. For a chime she was almost incapable of speech, more so because she was surprised by the outgoing nature of the Pycon that had raced towards her and the flurry of questions from a young and curious mind. Orvin, in the meanwhile, looked shocked by the supposed animation of the Pycon. His nostrils flared at it as it continued to talk, whilst he cautiously leaned in and snorted at him. Hot breath from the creature was released, and he turned his head up to his master with the most curious of glances.

Fallon shook herself “Yes, yes… you can touch him.” She knelt herself down next to Orvin, and patted him on the head “Nice and gentle though.” The bag was lowered to the floor as she begun to address the Pycon properly this time “Uh, yeah I’m going on an adventure I guess. Though it’s more just getting out of the city for a while. Need to do some training and things. You understand that right?” The squire swallowed and lowered her bag down next to her “Need to get out there and work hard. Else…” she gave a shrug “I mean, it’s not that I don’t want you along little one. It’s more that it’s going to be very hard work and potentially dangerous…” In honesty she was not sure what she should say to the Pycon, he was obviously filled with wonder and interest at the prospect of adventure, but whether or not that feeling within him would calm was yet to be determined. She gave a sigh, and extended her hand down to the Pycon, before extending a finger out to him as if to shake.
So tiny… she registered the size difference “The name is Fallon. The wolf is Orvin. What is yours little one?”
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Hender on May 12th, 2013, 3:24 pm

Hender had been in Syliras for almost a whole season and was starting to get used to the noise and the pace of the city. He had even started to enjoy his time there. The people, although not Isurs, were friendly enough and his work at the Ironworks was going well. However the great Bazaar was still to much for him.

There was just so much going on everywhere! He senses were constantly bombarded with new and bewildering things. Merchants preached about there wears, sometimes even thrusting an elaborate item at him desperate for a sale. There was so much color down here it hurt Henders eyes to take it all in! Stalls selling ornate colored cloth, a shop dedicated to silver products, bright spices dominated one stall and everywhere he looked there was more color.

Not to mention the amount of different smells, some of which Hender found greatly displeasing.

Needless to say the Isur did not enjoy his forays into the Bazaar, it was just too busy. However it was a good place to find unusual products and item of interest, Hender appreciated it for that at least.

He slowly made his was through the throng of people, trying to avoid jostling people as much as he could. His eyes darted around trying to locate a stall that would sell what he needed. Come on were is a stall that will sell parchment and ink. My list is much longer than just these too items and if I don't start to make progress on it soon I am going to be stuck in this cramped place forever!

Hender Irritable made his way through the crowd, now not caring who he bumped into in his search for what he was after. Finially after what felt like 4 bells, but was in reality only half a bell Hender found a stall that sold good quality parchment, ink and a couple of fine quills. He stored his items in the back he had around his waist and continued on with his quest.

Right lets see what else i can find, maybe some new clothes these are getting rather tatty

Hender was miles away, contemplating what he would purchase next and not really looking were he was going. Indeed he did not notice that people had started to walk around a strange pairing of creatures. Well he did notice when he walked into the hind of a wolf, snapping out of his day dream a look of annoyance and then surprise as his mind took in the scene before him, and he only just managed to stammer a quick
"Sorry!".
Hender
Player

Words: 12113
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2013, 11:10 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet

Postby Miles Fletcher on May 12th, 2013, 7:31 pm

Seeing that he did'nt have all of the tools he was looking for, Miles thought he should goto the stalls to collect some things he needed. The closer he got to the stalls, the bigger the crowds were getting ofcourse this did'nt stop him.

Miles was bustling through the stalls in search of items for future projects. Being a bigger man he did'nt have much trouble getting through the crowds and stall venders. Ofcourse he was still having trouble finding the things he was looking for.

Though in the distance he could see an isur and was sure that he would know where to find the things Miles was looking for. Even though their was no indication that the man even shared the same trade, Miles felt it in his gut that this isur would atleast have something interesting to say.

Miles came closer to him and noticed a human woman and a little clay person. Considering he has never seen a pycon, this had amazed Miles and made him curious to how he functions. Now moving at a faster pace to see the pycon, the half isurian forgot the whole reason he came here.

Miles walked up to the bunch and says"Hey where are you guys headed?" out of curiosity as he looks around at the diverse group.
Miles Fletcher
Player

Words: 3600
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2013, 7:31 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Varus on May 13th, 2013, 3:02 am

Varus shook his head as the wolf breathed on him. He jumped up happily before reaching out and gently petting the wolf. "Soft. So soft" he said, he turned and looked up at her as she knelt down. "I understand training" he said pausing as she began talking again. "I can be helpful! I fear no danger, I am a strong pycon." he said with a grin. "I will protect both of my new friends" he added nodding a few times. She reached his hand out to her, he looked at her confused untill she extended he finger and said her name. "Fallon and Orvin, I am Varus! Nice to meet you" he said shaking her finger with both of his hands. Not but a few moments later did someone bump into the wolf. The pycon rushed to stand inbetween them, his razor being drawn. "Why are you hurting my new friend" he yelled pointing the razor up at the isur. "Pycon does not like when you attack my friends" he yelled out. His glare was fierce as he waved the razor back inforth, most of the crowd ignoring them. Not but a few chimes later another isur walked over to them. "We are going on an adventure!" he yelled turning his attention to the newest of arrivals.
Varus
Player

Character sheet

Postby Fallon on May 13th, 2013, 10:12 am

Orvin released a snarl when someone bumped into him. It was more of a reaction to the sudden presence of the Isur, and the push that forced him into movement. The wolf released a growl and eyed the Isur, whilst Fallon herself reacted a lot slower than her companion, and the Pycon Varus. She looked up at the Isur from her crouched position, then to the wolf that seemed adamant to stand his ground against this sudden intrusion.
“Orvin. Stand down,” she spoke firmly to the wolf as a second came over to investigate. The wolf turned his eyes to Fallon, fur standing on end as if to defy her. Her back straightened as she looked upon him, eyes coming down to narrow.
“Try it,” she growled and held the gaze. There was a moment of silence between them, a curl of a lip before finally the wolf lowered his head. He released a snort, whilst Fallon turned her attention to the small amount of drama unfolding before her.

Varus, had proven an element of bravery already. Though it was also jumping to conclusions also. Regardless, the squire found it almost sweet of the new companion to leap in like that. She gave a laugh and bent her head down to the Pycon “Varus, it is fine. He meant no harm,” She gave a nod to the two new comers, “Yes, adventure, I suppose you could call it that. I was planning a trip up to Silkwater Lake for training, or at least until a Varus invited himself along,” Extending out a hand to the Pycon and placed it upon the ground “Come, I’ll take you to a higher level then we can talk properly,” Clearing her throat she addressed the two others “Fallon Skylar is the name, and you two gentlemen are…?”
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Hender on May 13th, 2013, 12:06 pm

The wolf reeled round to face Hender, letting out a fierce snarl indicating he was not impressed. Hender took a step back, not in fear but to balance his wight equally so he was prepared should the wolf attack.

Hender was just preparing himself to apologize again, when he was interrupted by a small voice yelling angrily at him: 'Why are you hurting my new friend. Pycon does not like when you attack my friends'. Hender heard the voice, and understood his words, but were the voice came from he had no idea!

He looked around, even looked over his shoulder before he noticed movement by the wolfs feet. Now Hender was not tall compared to other races but even he was surprised by what he saw. In fact he was not really sure what it was he saw. A small figure was brandishing a razor and glaring up at him, anger in his little eyes. Great Izurdin what is that! Hender narrowed his eyes and lent forwards, forgetting about the wolf who by now fortunately had been calmed down by his owner, trying to get a better look at this new person.

He was a strange looking figure no more than 10 inches tall Hender estimated. It looked like he was made out of clay, but surely that wasn't possible! Hender's mind could not grasp what he was seeing, and his brain was going whirring trying to process it.

Passers by must have taken a double look at the Isur as his face struck a funny picture, i mixture of his natural scowl and a perplexed expression on his face his mouth open, one eyebrow raised above the other. He was brought out of his mind by the owner of the wolf addressing this strange figure, Varus she called it, talking to it like it was an everyday occurrence for her to talk to creatures as strange as this.

Hender looked at her then, she seemed familiar. He wracked his already confused brain, trying to figure out where he had seen her before. It wasn't the Ironworks, and he didn't think she lived at Travelers Row. Ah that night at the Rearing Stallion! Hender gave a little shudder remembering the noise and commotion off that night. Actually it was not dissimilar to the situation the Isur found himself now, especially as another man looked to make is way towards them!

At first glance Hender thought the newcomer was an Isur, but on further inspection he was too tall and he did not have the arm that represented Hender's race. Hender closed his eyes as the familiar woman spoke wondering what he had got himself into this time.

Fallon that was her name! He waited for her to speak and replied to her question regarding his name
"My name is Hender, i believe i have seen you from afar before but never formally met. I am sorry to intrude i did not mean to hurt you're animal i hope he is ok".

Heneder extended a hand to her planning to shake it to formalize their meeting adn the appology and then make his leave. However what she had said peeked his interested and for some reason he found himself asking "Where is Silkwater lake?"
Hender
Player

Words: 12113
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2013, 11:10 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet

Postby Miles Fletcher on May 13th, 2013, 2:33 pm

Miles looks at the group as he sees that they are definitly diverse but are they friends as well? He felt as if his impulsiveness got the better of him and that he had butted into a private party. Ofcourse he realized that their was no tension when the pycon yelled "we are going on an adventure!" to him

Miles got a big smile on his face and stooped down to the pycans level."Are we now?" Miles says sarcastacly before hearing The woman mention they're going to Silkwater lake.

Miles then stands up and looks into the womans eyes with a curious look on his face as she picks the clay man up. "She treats that thing as if it was equal to us, how can it even function?" Miles says in his head. after hearing the woman introduce her self he responds Names, Miles... so where is this uhh Silkwater lake?" Miles, at this point had no intentions on leaving considering the group of people that were before him had peaked his interest.
Miles Fletcher
Player

Words: 3600
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2013, 7:31 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Varus on May 13th, 2013, 5:19 pm

Varus nodded his head and climbed into Fallons hand, folding the razor back down and putting it back inside of him. "We are!" he said pointing at himself then at Fallon. "Oh and him to!" he said pointing down at the wolf. "We are going to claim the lake, we are gonna train to! Become great fighters!" he said a proud look on his face. "I am Varus! Soon to be Knight Varus, pycon defender of the weak!" he said. He turned to Fallon and said "Shes gonna be my squire." He turned back to the Isur's. "So why are you here?" he asked looking them over. He grew bored of waiting and sat down in her hand. He crossed his arms over his chest and looked at the Isurs waiting for them to speak.
Varus
Player

Character sheet

Next