Completed New Girl Is Lost (Open!)

The young Pycon Opala Rada is lost in Syliras trying to find her way through the crowds.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

New Girl Is Lost (Open!)

Postby Opala Rada on August 2nd, 2013, 3:56 am

Opala Rada was ignoring the ruckus going on above her head until she heard a voice not too far off shout, "Watch out!" Instinctively the small Pycon looked up and her alabaster eyes widened. She was frozen in fear as the fruit basket hurdled down towards her. Suddenly a woman swooped in out of nowhere and scooped Opala Rada, getting her just out of harm's way.

At first Rada was dazed. So much had happened so fast. Her head was spinning. She'd never been picked up before - it was an odd sensation to say the least. After being set on the ground again she began to regain her composure a bit.

"Uh.. No I'm fine." She began, still a little disheveled. "I guess I'm just not so used to the craziness that goes on in cities as big as these. With people as big as these." After a moment she dusted herself off and then smiled up at her. "It is a pleasure to meet you Miss Vanari. Thank you for keeping me from being smooshed. I am the Pycon most recently known as Opala Rada. At your service."

"You want to live—but do you know how to live? You are scared of dying—and,
tell me, is the kind of life you lead really any different from being dead?"
Opala Rada
The Earthen Archaeologist

Words: 5383
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2013, 11:23 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

New Girl Is Lost (Open!)

Postby Vanari on August 2nd, 2013, 4:50 am

The Pycon's features were surreal, looking very much like clay yet so incredibly real all at once. Her smile was warm and though she did not exactly have human eyes, her gaze was friendly and sincere. Vanari felt the urge to touch the hem of Opala's dress to see if it felt or reacted like real cloth, but resisted for fear of appearing more impulsive than she already did.

"Thank Morwen," Vanari sighed, relieved. She was not the most graceful Vantha and tended to do a bit of unintended damage when not exercising constant vigilance. "I'm just glad you're okay, and that I didn't do anything too rash."

"That was a nice rescue Miss. Are you and Opala alright?"

Vanari looked up to find a red haired man with pale skin offering a hand. She took it gladly and was surprised at his strength. "Thank you, good sir. I think we're alright, just a bit dusty is all. My name is Vanari, glad to meet you! Sorry about your rather...juicy situation," she grinned, seeing some fruity remnants on his veined cheek.

She was about to ask for his name, but an itching feeling nagged her as she noticed an oddly familiar face to the trio's right. It belonged to a rather aloof young woman, who stood resolutely by herself against the wall. Vanari took in the girl's features for a moment. Then, sudden recognition kicked in so violently she was half afraid she'd been struck by lightning. Knowing Ardea's nature, however, Vanari thought it would be wise not to bring attention to her. An opportunity for proper hello's would come in time--for now, she had to do something about the fact that she was gaping stupidly, mouth open like a fish fresh out of water in front of both her new acquaintances.

"Oh gods, where are my manners. May I have the honor of knowing your name, sir?"
Last edited by Vanari on August 2nd, 2013, 6:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

A lonely heart is better than a bored one.

"Your Speech"
"My Speech"
"Vani"
Vanari
Vantha Vagrant

Words: 372424
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2013, 12:20 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

New Girl Is Lost (Open!)

Postby Jervis Hill on August 2nd, 2013, 5:47 am

Jervis chuckled at her jest about his current situation, It was easy to see the humor in it as he felt Izzil crawl from his pocket and then his nose nuzzling his cassock gather remnants of fruit he'd missed.

"Well Met, I'm Jervis Hill, Weapon smith Extraordinaire at your service. The little wastebasket is Izzy ." Jervis says grasping her hands in his mismatched ones and giving a firm shake. "Seems we have much in common in both in meeting Opala and trying to keep little ones from getting smooshed as you say. I just met Opala trying to keep my little friend from being stepped on when he ran off into this sea of people."
"They call me the wisest of all greeks because I alone admit, I know nothing." - Socrates [/size]
Jervis Hill
Pain in the Butt

Words: 89402
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2013, 12:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

New Girl Is Lost (Open!)

Postby Kaie on August 2nd, 2013, 6:55 am

Kaie couldn't remember a single day the streets of Syliras weren't a cluttered mess. Everyday it was a mismatched crowd of barbarians from all walks of life. Fat or skinny, short or tall, Kaie had seen them all. In fact it was on one of these very crowded city streets she had run into a rather ghastly spirit. Surprisingly, Kaie had found she didn't mind pesky ghosts as much as she despised Nuits. Regardless, the Myrian woman knew plenty adventures could be found in the grand city expanse. Today her task was simple: acquiring a whetstone. The Bazaar was vast and bustling but she hadn't met a person yet who had left without what they had come for. That ridiculous market had everything. All but slaves, anyways, but that realization alone was the very reason for her need of the new tool.

Since the bloody battle in the woodlands outside the strict walls, Kaie had walked out a changed woman. Sort of. All Myrians were killers, born and bred, but the actual taking of life was still a life altering event for anyone. A sin in the eyes of barbarians and a day of celebration and religious sacrifice for the Myrians. Could any cultures clash and better? Still, the favored gladius she wore on her hip, hidden beneath her cloak, was no doubt gradually losing its edge. Kaie had a habit of keeping all her weapons pristine and she'd have nothing less for her favored heirloom. Lacking tattoos and numerous piercings that marked her kin, Kaie might've passed as a simple human. Of course that's without including her Falyndar bronzed skin and wild appearance. Her hair was a mix of curls and waves of brown rolling just past her shoulders. Eyes were on fire in pools of thick amber. On her body beneath her cloak was a single buttoned vest and a loincloth. Kaie was wild on all ends of the spectrum.

It was on her quest she stumbled across a ragtag group all crowded together in the midst of the busy world. Most bodies that moved kept moving. Why had they paused? Quite frankly, Kaie probably wouldn't have given a damn to begin with. Outsiders were odd to her and half the time she'd be perfectly pleased to simply wave them off. They were impure by Myrian standards. They were no children of Myri. Kaie had other tasks to accomplish instead of fretting over a small congregation in a dirty road. It was a casual glance that changed her mind instantaneously. Between the lines of moving feet the Myrian woman saw what looked like...A small moving statue? She froze immediately as if she hadn't believed her own eyes. Her brow furrowed and she strained to see through the legs again.

A hard jolt forward and cries of indignation and insults reminded her that she had in fact stopped dead in her tracks. Her body rocked forth a bit on the impact of people smashing into her and each other behind her. Awe still captivated her so powerfully she hadn't paid the angry pedestrians any mind. Impulsively, Kaie made her way through the crowds with necessary force. Soon enough she was crouched down before the puny creation. Kaie appraised the odd living stone curiously.

"Gods be damned. The stories are true," She said with a cocked head as she studied what she had thought was simply a myth. Who could've blamed her though? Sure she'd seen weird things between here and Falyndar, but a competent and functioning piece of clay? It quite honestly sounded like product of a drug abuser's active imagination. The savage hadn't even bothered to acknowledge the others present, not out of rudeness, but out of her own perplexion. It took her several seconds to realize her folly (not that she was keen on barbarian principals or truly followed them) and correct it. She straightened up at once, calm and relaxed in demeanor despite the intensity of her gaze.

"No offense. I've never seen a petching thing like this in my life," She said with an easy going shrug as she addressed the others present. Kaie couldn't help but return her attention to the tiny sculpture again, though. Hopefully the others present had understood the source of her reaction.

"What are you called or better yet where do you come from?" The Myrian woman asked with an interrogative tone, possessed by curiosity. Hopefully the small woman didn't take offense to her words. Kaie was always rather forward, especially when speaking Common in the barbarian world. It was simply her nature.

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

New Girl Is Lost (Open!)

Postby Opala Rada on August 2nd, 2013, 6:15 pm

Opala' Rada

By her very nature Rada looked forward to excitement and action. Pycons are always looking for new experiences so that they can grow and change. You're either growing or you're dying was the motto she tried to live by. It was just that she'd never interacted with this many different type of people at once and it was becoming exhausting. Then Rada smiled thinking of one of her fathers one liners, ' I'll have plenty of time for rest when I'm a real statue. ' That was true. Like all Pycons Rada would someday turn to stone and she promised herself that she'd get as much living done before then as she could.

Opala Rada let out a little giggle at Vanari's joke about the fruits. For the days it took her to get here she had been worried that the people that she would meet in a big city like Syliras wouldn't be so friendly. She was quite wrong and was beginning to really enjoy herself and relax.

Then a pretty but slightly bizarre woman caught her eye. She was staring at her from within the crowd - even with all the people about her bumping into her. She recognized her bronzed skin as being from Falyander but knew pitifully little about the differences between races for an aspiring archaeologist and anthropologist. Rada would be lying if she said she wasn't intimidated as the woman made a beeline straight for her. The force she used to get through the crowd hinted at a strength greater than her slim appearance would lead one to believe.

And then she was crouched right before her. Her piercing gaze made Rada feel more than a little self-conscious. Being impetuous and young Rada could forget her manners from time to time and as such she wasn't a stickler for tact, but this woman really frustrated her. Rada's brows began to knit slightly as she pursed her lips.

"Gods be damned. The stories are true," the woman said. Rada began to empathize slightly and her brows relaxed. Obviously the girl had never seen a Pycon before - she could forgive her reaction. And then the girl said to the others, "No offense. I've never seen a petching thing like this in my life." Something about this angered Rada. Perhaps it was that she was talking to everyone else instead of Rada, maybe it was that fact that she implied Rada was a thing, or maybe it was that she apologized to the others but still hadn't apologized to Opala Rada for staring so rudely.

"What are you called or better yet where do you come from?"

Opala Rada scowled, adjusting the small leather bag on her back. "My name most recently used to be Opala Rada and I am a Pycon not a thing."

Opala Rada

Character sheet

New Girl Is Lost (Open!)

Postby Vanari on August 2nd, 2013, 7:20 pm

Vanari wondered where the lean, ashen women Jervis and Opala had been talking to before the fruity debacle had disappeared to. She's probably fine, Vanari decided, she certainly looked quite capable. I should probably be worrying about other things, anyways, like that miniature scowl...

Rada's anger was palpable, even from a distance, and Vanari was struck with new consideration for the Pycon's true nature. It would be silly to assume that just because she was small, she was to be taken lightly. Still, it was hard to resist finding it rather adorable how the little woman shifted her small leather bag. And seriously, those sandals. Her inner Skyglow just had to know how such tiny shoes were so finely made.

"My name most recently used to be Opala Rada and I am a Pycon not a thing."

Vanari looked to Rada, then to the woman, then to Jervis, then back to the Pycon. She had a bad feeling about where things were headed.

"Pardon me, I don't mean to interrupt," the Vantha girl apologized, smiling as non-threateningly as possible, "but I think being out here on the crowded streets is doing us no favors. Perhaps we could go somewhere more peaceful? If you're all hungry, it can be my treat! Wudya guys say? And you miss, may we have the honor of knowing your name?"

She glanced around, praying everyone would take to the idea. The bustling street was a horrid place to carry conversations, and the crowdedness seemed to be taxing everyone. Trusting Ardea had overhead, Vanari secretly hoped the Kelvic would find a way to join them--it had been far too long since she'd seen a familiar face.

Last edited by Vanari on August 3rd, 2013, 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

A lonely heart is better than a bored one.

"Your Speech"
"My Speech"
"Vani"
Vanari
Vantha Vagrant

Words: 372424
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2013, 12:20 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

New Girl Is Lost (Open!)

Postby Ardea on August 2nd, 2013, 10:54 pm

Shifting her bow slightly against her slender body, the Kelvic turned her focus to the seemingly ever-growing group of conversationalists to her left. Perhaps, had she not been overwhelmed with all the new sensations, the smells, the sights, she might have pushed aside the more feral, reserved side of her nature and joined in directly. But, for the moment, she was simply content to listen in silence, observing steadily as a Myrian woman pushed her way through the crowd towards the Pycon.

For a fleeting moment, her intent eyes fixed themselves directly onto the group, scanning briefly over each of them in turn and stopping on the Vantha. Something inside her stirred, old memories, old feelings, none of which she understood at first. Then, gradually, her brief haze seemed to clear and she remembered. Vanari. Suddenly overwhelmed, she almost stepped right into the group and introduced herself, eager to learn whether or not the Vantha recalled their friendship.

But as quickly as the thought had formed in her head, it left again, reluctance replacing it. She wasn't nervous, as such, and to suggest the very thought of that to her would more than likely earn you a hiss, a growl at the very least. It was simply the fact that, if something went wrong, there were too many others for her to feel in control. Indeed, she had listened intently to their conversation, learning of the others in a less sociable, more controlled way.

"I think being out here on the crowded streets is doing us no favors. Perhaps we could go somewhere more peaceful? If you're all hungry, it can be my treat! Wudya guys say?"
Ardea took a sudden interest in the way the conversation was headed, as much as she was compelled to stride away and continue on with the prospect of a hunt, an urge of protectiveness engulfed her. Protectiveness and curiosity, she as much wanted to ensure her old friend's protection (especially with the intimidating Myrian woman now present) as she wished to discover how she had been and what adventures had ensued since their encounters. Ardea had been little older than a cub when they had first met and it was intriguing for her to observe how the Vantha would view her now. However, reluctant to directly engage in their conversation, she settled on subtly moving amongst the group once they reached their destination.
"You" - "NPC" - "Common" - "Feline" -"Tukant" - "Pavi" - Thoughts

--[[Ardea will be in Syliras for most of the Summer, so shoot me a PM if you want to roleplay, even if you're just in the region]]--
Ardea
The Golden Tigress

Words: 35427
Joined roleplay: July 31st, 2013, 5:35 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

New Girl Is Lost (Open!)

Postby Jervis Hill on August 3rd, 2013, 1:50 am

Jervis watched the bronze skinned woman approach. She was the most familiar thing in the group to him. Before she arrived of opened her mouth he knew she was a warrior. The athletic gait like graceful and dark eyes fixed on their prey reminding him of a hunting jungle cat. The weapon bobbing at her side was visible slightly to him underneath her cloak as she weaved her way over, he couldn't tell what it was beneath the cloak but guessed to be about a foot and a half to two feet long and by the way she dressed and her focus he's guess she specialized in lightly armored combat.
If he had to guess a thrusting weapon to take advantage of her agility and take the most advantage of he light armor.

Her approach to Opala made her career more obvious. Though he could understand her shock at seeing such a tiny creature. It was Opala's reaction the genuinely surprised him, he hadn't thought such a small polite woman could get so fired up. Perhaps they had much in common as Jervis himself knew how hard it was to get called thing. He could understand how she felt, the other children used to call him the burnt one because his arm wasn't a bright amethyst colour like most of his clans. He furrowed his brow as he watched the situation hoping it didn't escalade.

Jervis was grateful when Vanari broke the tension with he suggestion that the make their way for some food and his stomach let out at a loud grumble at it's mere mention. It'd been far far to long since he'd had a proper meal. "May you be blessed by Izurdin for your generosity Vanari. I'd gladly take you up on that offer and if you have a blade or something that needs some care I'd be glad to repay your kindness." Jervis said going to clap her friendly on the shoulder then realizing how awkward that would be extends his hand again instead.
"They call me the wisest of all greeks because I alone admit, I know nothing." - Socrates [/size]
Jervis Hill
Pain in the Butt

Words: 89402
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2013, 12:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

New Girl Is Lost (Open!)

Postby Kaie on August 3rd, 2013, 4:11 am

The Myrian woman allowed a wide grin to grace her lips. She arched a brow in sheer amusement, watching the small woman speak to her so curtly. It was odd how watching her complete such simple actions, like adjusting a bag, could seem so incredulous. Then again she had seen a ghost possess a bar patron so surely this shouldn't have surprised her too much. Still she was captivated. The irritated gaze and scowl only added to her entertainment. Just when she was prepared to speak, one of the other women spoke first. An offering outside the crowds with this group? Her first instinct was to turn them down blatantly but there was something oddly inviting about it. It would be interesting to be in the company of people she wasn't trying to kill, or vice versa...

Her name? Kaie straightened up immediately and the amusement disappeared from her face. It was rare she'd ever simply give her name to barbarians. Yet, this one in particular had proven friendly and tried to show her kindness. A name was a meager price to pay in comparison. Besides, she had just barged into their gathering and infuriated he Pycon hadn't she? A deliberate nod in Vanari's direction was the only immediate gesture she made to show acceptance.

"Kaie of the Cutthroat Shadows clan. I appreciate your...Kindness," She said to the woman, searching for the correct adjective toward the end. Kaie was pretty well versed in Common but not quite perfect. Attention once again went to the Pycon who introduced herself as Opala. Apparently further explanation was needed.

"Forgive me, Opala Rada. Where I come from our clay doesn't quite function the same. I didn't mean to imply you were an object," Kaie said with that sly grin again, amused yet genuine in demeanor. She then turned to address the others more personally.

"It is pleasure to meet you all."

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

New Girl Is Lost (Open!)

Postby Opala Rada on August 3rd, 2013, 6:02 am

Opala' Rada

Opala Rada was still very young. Sometimes this led to her naïveté getting the better of her. Sometimes it also led to her making rash decisions in the excitement of the moment. Occasionally however her childlike demeanor was a boon. When it came to people she rarely held grudges and the smallest amount of sincere affability could turn her frown upside down.

She could tell this new girl, Kaie, was sincere in her apology and didn't mean any offense. Her face brightened as her scowled became a soft smile. "That's alright, Kaie of the Cuttthroat Shadows Clan, apology accepted. I may have overreacted a bit myself. Being in a new city, nearly being crushed by a flying fruit basket, and meeting so many new people all at once has got me a bit out-of-sorts." After a moment she added with smirk, "I could go for some clay - it's been ages since I've eaten."

Then she turned to Vanari and smiled up at her as her alabaster eyes caught the sun and shimmered, "Getting off these crowded streets into a more comfortable location sounds like a stupendous idea. I'll have to turn you down on your offer for food however - I doubt many of your fine dining establishments serve the sustenance I require."

Opala Rada

Character sheet

PreviousNext