Completed [Sacred Arch Hotspring] What are we calling this again?

(Markus Andres) Fallon get's dragged away from training by a Knight. But for what reason?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Sacred Arch Hotspring] What are we calling this again?

Postby Fallon on August 13th, 2013, 4:47 pm

49th Summer 513AV
14th Bell

It was on this day that all previous notions and ideas on training had been swept away in an instant. The sun of the training grounds had been ripped away from her, the once bemused expression of her patron quickly changing into that of amusement. Heads turned as she was taken, wheeled from the training grounds and out of the city walls, still sweat covered from the early morning bout of training by the hand.

And he was a knight to boot.

Perching awkwardly upon the rock, the squire peered down into the water below. She had been dragged to the Sacred Arch, the blue water rippling where it fell from the stream. Ears twitched as she gave a hesitant glance at her reflection then promptly snapped back to safety. She remembered the last time she leaned out too far and the consequences of it.

In the early afternoon and the shadow of the rocks, Fallon Skylar watched the world before her. The quiet hum of the voices of others existed in the background, the gentle clatter of knights on their patrol as they passed by. Rock worn by the elements welcomed her, the warm steam rising off the surface beckoning her down to the shoreline. Eyes watched the fauna, the jacket she had been training in over one shoulder, whilst the kukri hung across the small of her back. She almost went nowhere without it, and on the occasions she did it was due to little choice on the matter.

There was a distinct moment of bitterness, brow knit, her teeth chewing at her lip. Worry held her mind for a chime or two, thoughts flicking back to the last time she was with the knight, and then forward once more. Just what exactly had she done to receive his attention?

Must just be something patrol related. Must be.

Looking back up the slope to the land she let out a sigh, fingers rubbing at her brow. What was it he exactly wanted? Why was she here? All she managed to get was that he suddenly requested her presence. Or more over she was far too flustered by the ordeal that she did not quite catch what he had said. Lips pursed as she shifted her weight, her hands falling into her pockets, “So uh… Ser? Why are we here again?”
x
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Markus Andres on August 15th, 2013, 1:27 am

The preparations for the date had been rather easy. He had made sure to bring food. Just some apples from the kitchen and some bread with dried meat from his rations. The food was, perhaps not extraordinary. But he hoped the scenery would more than make up for the lack of quality food. Or what he actually hoped, was that the company compensated. More specifically, his own. Markus wore his white tunic and a pair of blue cotton trouser. He wore the tunic so rarely that it was still in a great condition and he had not had it with him during the Sahovan campaign, so it had avoided that whole mess. When he had prepared for the date, he had looked at his clothes and found that he simply didn't own a single fancy piece of clothing. Instead, he had opted for something simpler. Finding the squire had been a whole other mess. He should have told Natasha of his plan so she could have placed her somewhere he could find her. Eventually, finding her in the training area. From there, it went smoothly to their destination.

The weather was amazing, Syna had graced the Sylirans with plenty of light and warmth. Excellent weather for a picnic. The sacred arches were as magnificent as he remembered them. His choice might not have been original, but looking at the serene waters and the way Fallon leant forward to look at it had a simple happy smile cross his lips. The choice had been the right one. The mischievous side of him contemplating giving her a slight push so she would go over the edge. He toiled that side of him, knowing that the date would probably end before it had even really started if he behaved like a jerk ass. Markus was leaning back, his arms stretching behind him as palms resting flat against the large rock he was sitting on. The distant sounds made by the knights did not bother him, to him this felt quiet. Far from the usual level of noise of the bustling city. He looked to the bridge and a warm smile crossed his lips. He remembered a particularly stupid dare he had done there. Her question, however, caught him off guard. He tilted his head to the side. It was her use of ser, that mostly caught him off guard. She were disciplined, but it ruined the mood a little that she called him ser on a date. He looked into her eyes for several seconds, trying to determine whether she understood they were on a date. He was fairly sure he had made that clear in the city. Fairly certain. Somewhat certain.

"Please, call me Markus, Fallon. Ser, sounds so formal." He sat up straighter and looked at her, this time a little less straight forward in his speech. A little unsure as to what to say. "And uhmm, do you have any ideas. We could go for a swim or what you want to do. I brought you here to talk and have fun. Get to know each other. I mean... what people usually do when they're on a date together." Markus replied finishing with a quite innocent smile on his lips. "Don't you like it here?" Markus added a couple of seconds later. Something he would find most peculiar.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Words: 1104443
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Fallon on August 15th, 2013, 4:59 pm

Fallon raised an eyebrow to the Knight and his dress. She had already established that it was perhaps not patrol related, or even directly to the order itself. More so with the fact he looked clean. She tilted her head to one side as she listened to his words, her head searching through meanings of them. There was a slow blink, lip curling slightly as he straightened, torn almost between acting in duty or in a more relaxed and social manner. There was a smile, a flicker of uncertainty? She was not sure.

“But you are a Ser…?” Fallon questioned, her brow knitting together, before she shook it off. No, he was suggesting things on a less formal level. It was as he said after all, a date.

Wait. A date? her head turned sharply to him at that point, eyes meeting his in an instant. There was surprise, a tint of pink having begun to creep its way in across her face. For a tick she had frozen, not budging from the point that she was on. There was a long, scrutinizing look, a hand extending out as she hesitated to point at him. Lips parted as if to speak, yet no noise came out. Finger wagging at him, Fallon exhaled her shoulders slumping slightly almost in defeat. That key word had stumped her for an answer, and was only as the quick question from him came that she could bring herself to actually communicate with him.

“No, no. It’s nice it’s just a bit…” her focus drifted for a moment as she gave a glance into the mineral rich depths, “It’s a bit sudden that’s all. Wasn’t expecting it. I mean the date bit. At all. I mean if I knew, I would of done something…?” there was a gesture to the jacket and her slightly unkempt appearance caused by training. There was a swallow, followed by a shuffle as awkwardness begun to take its toll. People she could deal with - just about at least- on a professional level. But on a level such as this?

“Yes, yes. Get to know each other. Right. And have fun. Of course,” she felt her cheeks burn as a mixture of nerves and doubt begun to consume. What was she to do? Go over? Converse? Have idle chit chat about the past? Her feet answered for her, dragging her closer to him. Easing down next to him, the squire placed her hands firmly on her lap, fingers drumming against them in a dull beat rhythm and a low mutter of words beneath her breath, before picking up, “So, nice weather? I mean for a… a date. Warm and sunny.”

There was a long pause, followed by a sigh, “Sorry, I’m not that good at this sort of thing.”
x
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on August 22nd, 2013, 1:22 pm

The smile froze on Markus' lips. His idea had been for the date to be a surprise at the beginning, catch the young squire by surprise. He's idea had not involved her first finding out about it being a date half a bell into the date itself. Perhaps Markus had been playing a little too cool or low key until then. That or the squire had no interest in her superior. He hoped for the former, feared the latter. The wagging finger in the air had him tilt his head and look at it a little confused. At any moment expecting her to open her mouth and scold him. Scold him for taking her on a date. It was only the awkwardness of the situation that held him back from chuckling at the squire's expression. Utter shock mixed with a little pink hue in her cheeks.

But no words left her mouth when it opened. Just. Silence. Until he asked a question. That seemed to bring life back into her. Markus let a frown roll over his face. The word nice was not what he had been hoping. But the smile and life returned to his face as she continued. There in her words lay, perhaps, the scolding he had expected from the woman. But she did come over, sit beside him and Markus smiled happily. At least she had not left in a huff. Gave the date a chance, despite it catching her off guard. The pink hue had turned a stronger red now. Then she performed the next faux pas. Spoke of the weather. Markus was at a loss. Part of him wanted to just refuse to answer the question. But he could not let her go unanswered, that would be rude.

"Yea, the gods are kind to us." Markus said looked up at the bright blue sky. After the long pause, his date continued and Markus chuckled in response. "It is okay. Just take it easy, relax. Lean back. Enjoy the great weather. Enjoy a day away from training." The grin from the chuckle still plastered on his face as he looked into her eyes. Almost hypnotic blue and green eyes. "Would you have done something to change yourself? Hide your true self?" Markus asked rhetorically. "I didn't want that. I find you beautiful just the way you are." Having spent a season on Mura, Markus had seen enough unnaturally beautiful ladies and have had enough. A divine race, perhaps, but their almost perfect beauty had begun to bore him. But Markus tore his eyes away from the squire's, letting the compliment hang there in the air. Change the subject, not spoil Fallon with an over-abundance of compliments.

"Why did you choose to join the knights?" Markus was very interested in this subject. Markus had had no choice, something he appreciated now. Fallon was a newcomer to the knights, she had joined when she were older. Capable of making her own choices. What had driven her to join the militaristic order.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby Fallon on August 22nd, 2013, 3:57 pm

Fallon gave a swallow, her lips pursing together whilst her fingers laced themselves. There was the response, the grin plastered upon his face as, his eyes meeting hers and those dark green orbs staring right back. A flicker of wariness gave twinge in her expression, a deep uncertainty on what it was he exactly wanted. More so when those words rolled so freely off his tongue, the smooth compliment snagging at her thought process. There was a wince, a moment of disbelief to them. Even as he turned away and let it hang there, did she continue to stare almost dumfounded at the Knight.

Why did he keep catching her off guard? Was it intentional? What was his game? She licked her lips, eyes studying the slight boyish features of his face.

What are you playing at Knight? Did Natasha set you up to this? She inhaled and forced to regain some composure. And his question helped in spurring her onwards.

“The knights?” she rather forcefully pulled her gaze away, “There’s a few reasons… I mean, Syliras is the closest place that is like home to me. Or more over it’s the place I associate as home the most. Then of course, there’s the want to protect your home, to keep it safe not only for yourself but for those who are important to you. That and…” lips paused and pursed together, her brow knitting together as she filtered through thought and reason, “Well, I wanted to stop my wanderings for a while I guess, commit to something good instead of just a travelling life. And I figured, with the knights I’ll be accepted for who I am and I won’t be pre-emptively judged. But that’s just me.”

There was a pause, followed by a nod as if she approved of her own answer. There was a flicker of a smile, her eyes looking down into the depths of the water below. She could just about pick out the reflection of their shadows in the rippling surface, short of that though everything else was a darkened blur.

“So what about yourself? If you don’t mind me asking. I mean, you’re a knight, so you’ve been about a while I guess,” fingers relaxed and scratched at the dirt, eyes drifting down to his fingers and then snapping away. Broad large hands that dwarfed hers in comparison. When she first saw him she believed it to simply be the armour that made up for his mostly giant size. But now she was left in no doubt about his huge size, “And if you’ve been about… then I presume you’ve had your fair share of adventures. Or am I wrong?”
x
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on August 25th, 2013, 8:16 pm

Out the corner of his eyes, the young knight could see Fallon had kept her eyes on him, a part of him wished he had kept his on her. At least so he could judge the expression on her face. Judge the colour of her cheeks. But she had not laughed derisively at his compliment. That was always a bonus. Markus listened interested to what had compelled his very surprised date to join the knights. Her explanation intrigued Markus further. Wanted him to ask her more questions, what wanderings? Where to and why? Questions there were enough of, but he wasn't in a particular hurry to explore Fallon's past. Plenty of time for that. He leant back. One arm behind his back, keeping his huge body in a sitting position. Eyes watching her mouth as she spoke. Her disagreed with her latter statement. That she would not be judged, not by the knights, rather by the people of Syliras and Mizahar. Judging her as a knight before knowing her. The way Markus was judged as a knight before even opening his mouth to speak. That peculiar way she nodded when she was done explaining. That nod, he found cute. Peculiar, but cute.

It brought a warm smile to his lips. He turned to her and sought her eyes, but they were, however far from his own, staring deep into the water. He leant forward, peeking into it as well. Their shapes, one much larger than the other, he assumed that one belonged to himself. That or the reflection revealed Fallon as a monster in disguise. He decided the first idea was most likely the truth. Her question beckoned him to explain why he had become a part of the knights. He could sum it all up with a single word: Forced.

"I returned from my quest about a year ago. The proudest day of his life when returning to be knighted. ”However, my joining with the knights were not as noble as yours, for I did not join the knights out of my own free will, sadly. Today, I would not give a second thought about rejoining was I given the chance. But back in those days...- almost a decade ago now that I think about it. I hated this place. Forced to come here from Zeltiva, people spoke with a strange accent and required hellish discipline. I fear what I wastrel of human I would have become had I not joined the knights.” He took a breath and the jovial expression on his face returned. ”Would have been a merchant in Zeltiva, putting profit before my fellow humans. Greed before peace. Now, no other place than Syliras could I call home.” He did not clarify further. There was not much to say. He had made his point, he would have been a terrible person if not for the knights. He was, perhaps, exaggerating the vices of Zeltiva and virtues of Syliras. That was what his upbringing had meant. Syliras before all else.

”Adventures, plenty. Some good, most of them bad. Sahova, Sunberth and Zeltiva didn't go well. Lost friends and comrades, I'd rather not get into. Not now, at least. Mura and Nyka, were... different...” He trailed off there. Not wanting to go into specifics as to why he had visited any of these places. Sahova and Sunberth, she could guess. It was hardly a secret that the knights had gone to war. Markus realized his smile had all but vanished and had been replaced with a frown. His adventure with Rhuryc, first time he had killed a human being. He had been so racked with injuries and what not that he had spent most of the following season recovering. That was when he remembered a rather, funny trip he had been on.

”Though, hardly a grand adventure in its own right. But a couple of years ago I was north of the city. Looking for a reported thief who had stolen from one of the shopkeepers in the city. The knights had entrusted me with capturing this vile thief with a couple of other knights. ” Markus paused a little as he had trouble stopping himself laughing at his own story. It was meant to sound serious and dramatic. Build up a serious story. ”Anyhow, I got separated from the other knights and naturally I consequently got lost in the wilderness and it was getting dark fast. With the threat of bandits and wildlife about, I thought to return to Syliras. The darkness turned out to be fortunate. For I spotted this strange camp fire in the distance and I was surprised. What thief would create a camp fire this close to Syliras? I expected this curiosity to be a trap of some sort. It was dark, all I could see were shadows moving about.” Markus paused, both to breathe and let Fallon imagine the scene. For now was where the twist came. ”Well, I stepped in, cocky and self sure that I could handle this vile thief. Hand on my sword. Shield in arm. Ready to face this terrible person. Instead, I found a young Vantha woman tending to her horse and some guy who seemed to be out picking flowers... I probably scared the life out of that poor girl. Coming in, brandishing a sword and demanding to know if she was a thief.” Markus let a small chuckle escape his lips. ”Turned out the knights had played me for a fool. This vile Vantha thief, had mercilessly stolen a bucket of water. Her horse had been thirsty and she had just used the bucket to scoop up water and the shopkeep had gotten angry. She had panicked and ridden off. I simply couldn't bring her in for something as silly and inane as a bucket of water, so I let her go.”

”When I returned to Syliras the next morning after saying goodbye to the girl and I found the knights I had ridden out with and explained everything. They just laughed at me. They had their fun telling that story every time they saw me. Back then I found it humiliating, now, I just find it a good story and laugh with them when it's told. Plus, I learnt about Avanthal and the Vanthas, ever heard of them?” He didn't wait for her to respond to the question, carrying on right away. His speech quicker and more energetic, as he had left the storytelling mode and begun talking about something that animated him. ”They have the most wondrous eyes you'll ever see in your life. It's as if her eyes were made from the rainbows, shifting from colour to colour with her emotions. It was a wonderful sight to behold.” He could still recall the ever shifting colours in Diana's eyes. Her face itself had faded from memory, yet the eyes lingered fresh in his memory as if he had seen them just yesterday.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby Fallon on August 27th, 2013, 11:26 pm

Fallon listened. She hung on every word he spoke, a raising firstly of eyebrows and then the slight widening of eyes. She could not help but curl her lip as she listened, lips coming together in a smile as she listened not only to his values of the knighthood, but on how he would not change it for the world. His story continued, though sombre as it may have been. She could not help but give a wince at the mention of Sahova though, the long bitter memories rising up briefly before subsiding once more.

The scars however, would never leave.

Still, she was not given a moment to dwell upon such events before once more he spun out a tale, and a story. She became captivated, her shoulders hunching in slightly as she awaited the next anticipating word. Even as the low chuckle escaped him did she continue to listen. Eyes turned to him, a brief look of wonder in her expression as she tried to imagine a younger Markus. Not that it particularly worked, she still imagined him as a giant of a man trundling through the undergrowth.

Laughter came shortly after, she could not resist letting out an amused snigger at the expense of the knight. She watched as his speech quicken, the valiant knight being caught off guard by a single Vantha woman. But, he still carried that sense of logic even when faced with such events. And she was pleased to hear that he let the girl go, she had after all only reacted as any person would. Still her thoughts drifted once more to far off place, the wintry landscape that once she tread upon.

She received no time to answer his question however, and soon enough he was continuing again wrapped in his own awe of the race. Fallon was going to answer, but held back as he quickened in pace and tone. Of course, she knew about Avanthal, and once he had finished with his bit of enthusiasm she imparted her own words.

“Avanthal… it is a pretty fresh place,” there was a smirk as she remembered the city, “Lots of snow and ice. Let you into something, if you think winter in Sylira is cold, you’ve felt nothing.” There was a grin, her fingers lacing together as she became less tense. He was not as bad as she first thought, or more correctly there seemed no immediate threat from him. In fact, there seemed to be no ill intent at all really. Perhaps it was just little more than a want to spend time with her. Though the question did continue to bubble in the back of her mind as to why. Why did he drag her here? No. Why did he choose to take her onto a date? What did he want?

She breathed in the summer air, eyes drawing away once more and looking far off into the distance. Avanthal, a place that would remain forever untainted in her mindset.

“In answer to your question, yes I know about Avanthal and the Vantha,” there was a sense of sentiment about talking about it, a bringing of peace to herself. It was not often she received opportunity to talk about places she had been, “Though… I doubt my tales of the place would be far from the same courage as yours.” There was a teasing tone hanging in her voice, a brief flair of playfulness, before it retreated. He was still a knight and she was a squire. She needed to know her place and watch her tongue. She gave a swallow and played with her fingers.

Petch, what am I suppose to do? she gave a tap.
“You know uh… well… that uh… How about those, uh-”
You’re floundering! No Shyke!
“-The uh… water looks… deep?” she gestured over the edge and gave an awkward shrug. There was a moment of pause before her tone turned serious, “You’re not going to try and push me in are you?”
That the best you could do? I’m not good at this!

FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on September 5th, 2013, 5:57 am

The young knight enjoyed hearing Fallon, not laugh, but snicker. His tale had brought joy to her, at the least. Found it humorous at least. To his surprise, the young lady in his company knew of Avanthal and of the Vantha's to his further surprise she had actually visited the place which meant she had seen that strange colourful sky that Diana's eyes mirrored. That was what he remembered she had said. It had been years. Far too long for his battered memory to recall it perfectly. He liked having such a captivated audience. Markus had seen that she had listened to his story intently, the way she had leant forward. Markus nodded solemnly when she answered the question he had glossed over quickly to continue his tale. Still amazed that she had visited the icy place. He felt good about their conversation, at least it didn't feel forced and he had a good time retelling the story.

If Markus had been surprised that she had visited the place, that surprise was nothing compared with what he heard next. Markus was taken a little a back initially by her joke. It was excellent and Markus had in no means expected it, which just made it a whole lot better. Especially not a joke at his expense. But the stunned expression quickly cracked into a full smile. Then she spoke again. Rambling. Stumbling through sentences, asking a silly question, finally culminating in an accusation of something Markus had very much considered. Although he found it a bit awkward, he also started to find her ramblings cute in their own right. The only natural response Markus could come with was a chuckle, leaning on the edge of being a laughter. The rapidity of her words, the panicked look on her face after her playful joke as she realized she were speaking to a superior. Or did she remember again that she were on a date? Her face changed, turned serious with her question. Somehow it looked as if she actually believed he might do something so strange as pushing her into the water, the deep water.

An idea I considered a little ago.

The young knight cleared his throat when he was done chuckling. He placed a hand on her nearest shoulder and looked her dead in the eyes. His face suddenly not so animated with joy. Yet, his eyes betrayed him, a playful and mischievous gleam shone through. Time to have a little fun.

"Yes." A small nod. "Yes I am." Markus said voice solemn and knightly. The same voice he used when he issued orders to squires. His lips tightened and grew a little more tense as he leant forward. Arms wrapping around the squire as he spoke. "Hold your breath." He said as he took a deep breath as his body jerked towards the water. Playing the part perfectly. Markus' right leg however, kept him right where he was and his large arms kept the squire in roughly the same spot, perhaps a tad closer to the water. A big smile broke the serious expression.

"Just kidding." Markus let go of his date. For a moment wondering if she were still his date and not a squire about to run away from the awful prankster of a knight. In either case, he would let a simple chuckle escape his lips. It felt good to be back in Syliras where he knew the lay of the land and felt more at home and secure.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby Fallon on September 5th, 2013, 4:35 pm

There was a slight jerk at the placing of the hand on her shoulder, her eyes widening slightly as their eyes met. She gave a swallow, darting between his serious face and the look of mischief twinkling there. There was a swallow, followed by a brief flash of fear rising up from within. His arm wrapped round, his orders becoming apparent. Fallon was jerked forward, eyes screwing up and her hands instinctively clenching up into fists.

Of course, it was a joke. But she did not realise that until after making a complete fool of herself.

“OH GODS! YOU SON OF A-" she bottled up her shouting, her cheeks puffing out in annoyance and turning red. Eyes narrowed down upon him promptly thumped him on the arm. There was a satisfied snort, and her head turned away as if to almost sulk at his fun. Even as he broke out into laughter she kept her head turned away. Though she did not move from his hold. If anything short of that she did not move much after that at all. She released a sigh, and hunched slightly releasing her brief flare of annoyance. Shaking her head she forced herself to speak once more, this time with a bit more zeal that before, “You’re an ass,” Rubbing at her brow the squire gave a chuckle to herself, “But a good one. So I’ll let you off this once.”

Inhaling, she returned her composure a soft smile upon her lips. She could not complain about his more joking nature, it proved he was human and not constantly wrapped up within the world and whims of the order. It made him seem alive outside of his normal routine of patrols and ordering others about. And in a sense it reminded her that there were still people out there looking for just a good time. Fingers laced together once more, her eyes looking up to him with thought and consideration.

“So, good Ser Brave knight who has saved the damsel from the dreadful past time of training,” the teasing tone returned, a gentle poke of a finger onto his arm, “What have you got planned? You’ve dragged me away to seclusion and away from the prying eyes of others on a date, so how will you keep it going?” She gave a smirk and leaned in close before sharply pulling away and looking into the water once more with careful thought. There was a stretch, followed by a distinctive click as she looked into the depths and clambered up to her feet. Lips pursed, a brief flash of mischief flaring up in her eyes, “Tell me, how well can you swim? If you can at all.”

It was a warm day, and the waters below were already becoming more and more tempting by the tick. Even if it was in front of him. She could not exactly sense any form of bad intentions from him anyway. She gave a grin, and promptly pulled at her gloves.

What was there to lose?

Well, nothing at all it seemed. It was the simple act of taking a leap of faith into something new. Besides, there seemed little harm in having a good time.

FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on September 12th, 2013, 4:54 pm

The young knight laughed at the angry squire, even when she thumped him on the arm, he still didn't relent. Her expression had been priceless. Telling him he was an ass, only added to the laughter. It was to be expected and he certainly held no grudge that she had called a superior for an ass. But she didn't know that! The laughter turned mischievous again, but he decided against poking more fun at her. Even if she did provide such an excellent opportunity. He had gotten away from this one squat free, best not to push his luck. But the chuckle and soft smile on her lips did bring a little warmth to his cheeks that had nothing to do with his own laughter.

It would seem that he had broken the ice between them, her teasing words that followed only seemed to confirm this. She were a lot more at ease with him. It had been a good idea not to make a joke pertaining to his rank as a knight. Would only make her see and treat him as such. That was not his desire. Her question, was good however. He was a little at a loss as what to do now. Something about that tone in her voice had him curled ready to spring. He felt her finger on his arm. The woman was the one who was unpredictable right now. Leaning in close, Markus had not expected that, not at all. But he did welcome this change in her. She pulled away sharply before Markus could do anything dumb. A small smile appeared on his lips when she turned away. His so rational mind fried by her sudden shift. There was no satisfying answer appearing in his mind. But he felt the pressure of the silence, watching her stretch did little to ease his train thoughts. Markus brows furrowed a little as he watched her, curious as to what she were doing. Thinking for a moment she were about to leap into the water. Her next question reinforced that thought.

”Swim? Well, I am a child of Zeltiva, so if I can't swim, I'd be a poor Zeltivan indeed.” - Judging from that logic, Markus was a very poor Zeltivan. For him swimming consisted of him gracefully swinging his arms wildly around until he had been propelled in the direction of the nearest shoreline. As he responded, he saw her pull at her gloves. Something was amiss. The young squire had something planned, something mischievous, he could see it in her eyes. He cast a glance to the deep water below. Connecting the dots in his mind he looked to Fallon.

”Oh, no... No... You wouldn't dare.” Markus said with a grin as he raised a finger in her direction, looking between her and the water. Convinced she were about to carry through with the prank Markus had pulled before.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Next