Closed I feel your wounds, I need to cure them!(Caelum)

Caelum and Eida are meeting. Can they help each other?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

I feel your wounds, I need to cure them!(Caelum)

Postby Eida on September 25th, 2013, 2:40 pm

"It does." She said it quietly more to herself. She was unsure why was she chosen by him, and why in this form. Gods were complicated even for her. But this was not the main point for her. She was looking around her. All the plants. Listen to them? And listen to the animals? And to herself, maybe she already met Caiyha, maybe she was continuesly meeting with her.

She was still holding the handkerchief. She was looking at it and was looking where was the other one. "Erm.. Shall I clean them? I don't want it to give it back like that.." She offered. She didn't understand why did he take it away in that way.

OOCWow that was unusually short from me too. sorry!
Eida
Daughter of Leth

Words: 97147
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2013, 8:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Caelum on October 3rd, 2013, 10:34 pm

"The world talks all the time," Caelum confided. Amusement colored his words as he stretched backwards on the steps and slid both elbows behind him to rest on the next higher step through the flowering garden. "Nature is a practical chatterbox. Sometimes it sings, too. Ever listen to the cicadas on a spring night? Or the garble of the sea as the tides pulls it in again."

He was a romantic at heart, wasn't he? Speaking about all things as if they had souls and senses like the rest of them; but djed was in it all, and only the very foolish made the mistake of believing Caiyha did not whisper to them with the rustle of leaves in the wind or listen beneath the lowering gyre of a hunting falcon. Caelum considered his fellow ethaefal as she twisted his handkerchief about her hands and at length took pity. He reached out and neatly plucked the handkerchief from her grip with a wink and disappeared it into a pocket.

"I'll clean it. Don't worry about it, Eida. It's only tears. I won't be washing the other handkerchief, though." He gave a light pat to the pocket it was in and leaned closer, conspiratorial in the moonlight. The specks of gold in his eyes gleamed. "With your permission, I intend to use that to find you later via your dreams. I don't have the ability just yet, but I hope to manage my way back into Nysel's notice."
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Eida on October 4th, 2013, 6:54 pm

She had never thought that way. World talks. Birds songs, the cicadas and others. He was very much right. "You are right... You are so right!" She got excited all of sudden again. Her old self came back once again.

No wonder he knew much more, he was surely older than her. Maybe 100 years older? It didn't matter, she didn't want to ask it would be rude probably. Time is not something for their kind anyway. He took the handkerchief from her and she wanted to insist that she is going to take care of both, but when he said he is not going to clean the other one, she blinked. She was confused.

But before she could ask why, he already answered. Her eyes became big. "My what?!" She was shocked, it was odd. With her permission to visit her dreams. "Wait my permission... Nysel.... And what do you want in my dreams? This sounds just so.. creepy. I trust you, as you are a brother to me, but... " She didn't know what to ask first, she was trying to get her thoughts together and started again. She took a deep breath."Okay sorry, I was harsh. So my dreams... What's with Nysel? And why my dreams?"
Eida
Daughter of Leth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Caelum on October 15th, 2013, 1:01 am

Caelum's smile was mysterious, even sly as he watched Eida exclaim over her revelation regarding Caiyha and fall with ease right into a bright curiosity over yet another god in their far flung pantheon. He rose, shaking off his languor, and hopped down a stone step with a crook of his hand that was intended as invitation. He wanted Eida to join him on a stroll through the grotto they had been haunting this past while. He imagined it might do her good to breathe in the sensibility of the flowers who made no matter over rain or shine, content in the knowledge that the sun would come out again.

"Take off your shoes," he encouraged Leth's daughter, gesturing with one hand to Eida's feet. "Better to feel the last of the sun's heat in the stone and it will be easier to hear nature's conversation with itself and Caiyha if you're barefoot." He, at least, had always thought so.

He waited for her remove her shoes or make it clear that she was not going to before continuing down the grotto steps towards the soft speaking waters and the whispering rush of the breeze against the bobbing flower heads. He shortened his strides so that she would not have to hurry to keep pace with him and let his hands sag into the pockets of low slung trousers.

"It's not creepy," he told her at length. His smile was crooked to one side, sharp. "Or maybe it is? I don't think so, but to each their own. It's the ability of the followers of Nysel, the god of dreams, Eida. Dreamwalkers who have been granted Nysel's gnosis can enter into the Chavena where the collective energy of all sentient beings living and dead is stored between this earthbound hell and heaven's ceiling." He glanced at her with dark eyes. "That is, the Ukalas."

Ukalas was such a simple word to host the weight of heartache Caelum placed in it when speaking with his sister.

"Nysel is the son of Akajia and Wysar, our own city's protectors."
Caelum

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Eida on October 22nd, 2013, 1:14 pm

She stood up and followed him to listen Caiyha's word. Barefoot easier to listen to her. Well she had never wore any as she felt it more comfortable for her, in her symenestra form. As she stepped on the stone she did feel the sun's last heat. It wasn't too hot, it was nice. Syna's warm was nice to feel.

Balancing was always easier for her in her earthbound form. She didn't know why but she rarely had any problem with it. She was slowly following him and at a certain point, he had finally answered to her questions. Nysel, Dreamwalking, Chavena. It was scary for her. But the Ukalas, was something different. "Our home..." She said silently.

She had stopped for a moment."Why is it so hard to understand? Why is it so hard for us to live here again? I've always accepted my fate, I know it wasn't Leth's fault neither Syna's. Some may not, I have heard about those forsakens..." She said forsakens with a different tone. And for her questions the answers were quite obvious and she knew them as well. She just waved with her hand, as a gesture for Caelum to forget it. "And my chavena... With my blood you will visit my chavena won't you? Even though if I allow you or not you will do it sooner or later. But I will allow it, but then let me have a favor. Is it possible for me to come with you and see my own chavena?"

OOCAs I've told you in chat she doesn't wear any footwear, I've skipped the part where Caelum says take off the shoes. When you will respond, you will edit it anyway. :) (Oh and your avatar is nice! :3)
Eida
Daughter of Leth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Caelum on October 31st, 2013, 12:13 pm

There was a dark gleam that came to Caelum's eyes, tarnished gold like distant suns, when Eida mentioned the Forsaken and wrapped the word in that tone. Her questions at the beginning he knew to be rhetorical. They were not desperate seekers of answers such as his, but rather tortured, lonely cries flung into an empty night, hoping to relieve some of the solitude by lingering in the ears of a brother. That brother, of course, being him. It appeared that Eida was satisfied with whatever answers she had housed within her since her own fall and he wished her nothing but comfort and ease with them.

He, however, had always been forged for a different story.

Caelum had not so much crawled out of the water as he had hit the ground running. He had fled through the fog of ghosts that occupied Dira's own isle and torn across the world, at once chased and chasing. He hunted up the remedies for a world ruined by a cataclysm, attempted to chart the cures for heartaches and soul scars like stars in a navigator's map, and hunted the very same answers he was hunted by himself. He used to be terrified of some truths, though he failed to balk at sussing them out. He would weep at the feet of the goddesses who eventually came to him, but in the next breath spit out mouthfuls of hungry demands.

And not so very long ago in a city far, far north from here, he had slipped that last desperate inch off the edge of hope and fallen right into the heart of his personal night. He had become Forsaken in Ravok, caught in the web of an unspeakable language, tossed off course by an agent of Ivak and a lover of Rhysol. It had taken him years, years past even his eventual escape of their shadow, to ascend quite on accident back into the state of Syna's grace that Eida met him at now. The colors of him were no longer frozen, but the whole of him remembered.

He would not, could not, forget.

For now, however, he smiled for Eida and tucked his hands into his pockets as they strolled. He did not need to sully her with that side of his story.

"Yes," he agreed to her request regarding taking her into the Chavena so as to read her own Chavi easily. "When I am able to do such a thing," and he seemed certain he eventually would. "Then I will gladly take you, sister."
Caelum

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Translucent on January 13th, 2014, 2:21 am

Congratulations On Your Hard Work!

Eida:
XP: +4 socialization, +2 observation, +1 interrogation
Lores: Caelum: Ethaefal by day, Drykas by night, Nysel’s Gnosis: Dreamwalking

Caelum:
XP:+4 socialization, +2 observation
Lores: Eida: Broken Kelvic Bond, Hanky: Key to Eida's Chavi

Notes: I didn’t give you a +medicine for tending eida’s knees because at expert level your kind of above learning anything from a skinned knee.

As always PM me if you have issues.

Translucent
To be Translucent is to be Vulnerable.

Words: 187106
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2013, 12:59 am
Race: Staff account

Previous