Redhair is the best... just sayin'.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Lavira on September 12th, 2013, 6:18 pm

Well, Vira's Inartan so it's a racial default. As for the shade, I've always been enchanted by the color rust!

*supersecrethandshake* Cuz gingers rock.
Lavira
Monocular Exception

Words: 596082
Joined roleplay: April 11th, 2013, 7:00 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Alori Sai on September 12th, 2013, 6:32 pm

Alori is Inartan, so yea red hair. But then it changed to blonde...and now it's red again, but with blonde streaks. Girl rocks the hair! But as for the shade, I wanted a color that looked natural instead of the hard, bright red that comes with dye jobs.
Alori Sai
Child of Ivak

Words: 442256
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2012, 5:22 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Franciska Whitevine on September 12th, 2013, 7:40 pm

Dark hair with shimmering highlights is the best, just saying. We're fabulous like that.
Franciska Whitevine
Player

Words: 8537
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2013, 7:14 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Edreina on September 12th, 2013, 11:19 pm

I suppose I'll answer my own question. ;P

I actually put a lot of thought behind Edreina's appearance.
Here's why I chose red hair.
1) It is beautiful! I mean seriously. I could write pages on her hair.
2) I have red hair so I'm familiar with how it looks in different lights
3) She has a very spirited personality, any other color would not have accurately depicted her.
4) I wanted to give her some "flaws". The redhair is paired with skin of a lighter complexion than most Svefra, so she always feels like the odd-woman out. This influenced her more when she was younger but she has since grown into her skin after doing a bit of traveling and seeing how diverse people truly are. So, this "flaw" has become a point of acute pride with her.

As for her style, I wanted it to speak of her personality. Usually, it is long, flowing, and uncut. This expresses her love of freedom. But, in character, she has done two drastic things. First, she cut her hair shortly after admitting her feelings for Razkar. Symbolically this was a sign of the small amount of freedom she would be sacrificing to be with him and to follow him. She says it is because it was getting too long and unmanageable but... Well there is always more to it than that, eh? :P This season, she is always wearing her hair in a tight braid, symbolic of how she feels bound and constricted by the ruse that she is living in order to keep herself and Razkar safe.

I know... I look way too deeply into things. xD Anywhoozles.

Edreina
Unbound

Words: 1079180
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2013, 1:40 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Lore Author (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Keyta on October 30th, 2013, 10:52 pm

I think one could consider Keyta's hair as a "red head"? But I chose that color because it is my favorite hair color and honestly think it makes some of the sexiest looking people (lol)

Even though her hair is orange, it kind of just fits into my love for halloween and overall just my odd-ness. I've found myself to never really fit in, and unless I am not aware of it, I believe Keyta is also still the only bat kelvic, so odd with odd on top, it's like chocolate for me, can never have enough. xD
Keyta
Silent and Observant

Words: 122829
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2010, 11:33 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Annalisa Marin on October 30th, 2013, 11:21 pm

Black hair, long ebon locks, the whole nine yards. I (briefly) considered making her a red head but I didn't want to be one of those reimancers that was color coded. I.E. Fire with red hair. Then I considered blonde, didn't like that because it fit the typical Blondes are Evil Trope. So finally I settled on black, its simple and it just felt right for the character.

How she wears her hair actually has subtle indications of her mood. If its tied up in its usual ponytail she's usually going to be calm, well mannered, and cordial. When its let flowing freely that's usually a sign that her façade has been discarded, that her violent, impulsive, and cruel nature is released. A little too much thought for hair, but hey, little details help out in fleshing out stories.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Taylani on October 31st, 2013, 3:16 am

Actually the stereotype has generally been Blonde = good guys, Dark hair = bad guys (and up until the mid 1800's Red hair was considered close to the mark of the devil in many cultures).

That being said, Taylani is a red head. I couldn't resist it. Being red head in real life I have always had an affinity for it. I have resisted the urge on all my other characters but yeah. Also with Taylani being so down right stubborn and quick to anger, red hair just seems so natural.
Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Radiant on October 31st, 2013, 6:43 am

I have pink hair, does it count?
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Fallan Windchaser on October 31st, 2013, 12:40 pm

Just not the same as red I'm afraid ;)

And I'd have to agree with Tay, dark haired evil mage is pretty much as stereotyped as you can get.
Fallan Windchaser
Rider in the dark

Words: 231014
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2009, 12:46 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1

Postby Sinoa on October 31st, 2013, 3:37 pm

Sinoa

Well my current character is made of clay so they don't really have hair. I do have other character who have hair but they all seem to be races where ether more exotic hair options are available like my turquoise haired Akvatari or red hair just doesn't happen like my Akalak.
I do like red hair though, my moms a red head so i'm like half ginger if there is such a thing.
Sinoa
Pint Sized Musician

Words: 62630
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2012, 3:35 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext