Completed [Kova’s Well] Time waits for none

(Orion Michaels)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Kova’s Well] Time waits for none

Postby Fallon on November 8th, 2013, 11:04 am

And so it began.

Her friend launched himself at her, full of fury and anger. More skilled than the last time they were forced into a bout, that was for sure. But it was emotion run, a deep adrenal that was pushing him over the edge and making her pull back. She would not fight him truly. She wished no ill upon him – even if he seemingly wished to himself. There was a tease, a sharp intake of breath. Her feet came together, a sharp step back and away. The tulwar came in between, the metal quivering as it struck. Her arm recoiled back, unsteady in the pure brute force from Orion. She met her toes once more, stance returning.

The ethereal hand however had begun its hovering. Gently and carefully it went forward, the astral fingers caressing the air. It wisped forwards, reaching and teasing out. She needed to time herself just right before using it. The momentum continued, her form creasing as she took a mighty leap back. She had to gain speed, she had to out manoeuvre him. Feet gave a stagger, her weight being thrown onto the rear foot, the right arm being use to maintain balance. Her left was unavailable to assist her in such a task at present.

Sucking in the cool air she caught the tail end of his wobbling. She took her stance, her brow creasing as the only thought that consumed her mind was pity. A man so wrapped up in his own errors, his own thoughts that he so desperately tried to stay afloat in. And in doing so he grabbed everything he could, dragging it down in deeper to drown with him. There was a wince.

”What are you afraid of Orion?” Eyes stared into his, her steps gliding forward. Slow and steady. She tilted her wrist round so she was ready, to be on the defence. She did not want to fight him and would only do so to defend herself. Her current thought however was to simply survive, ”Why does it have to be like this?” Her expression creased, distorted in pain and confusion. Lips trembled, the steel quivering before her, ”You… I thought you would understand. I thought you’d be pleased that I found a focus. That I discovered what I want to do with myself finally,” there was a sharp intake of breath, ”But here you are, grasping on and dragging me down. Trying to bring yourself afloat within this sea. How many times have I reached out to you? How many times have I tried to pull you out? And for what Orion? For you only to bite the hand that feeds.”

The tip lowered, falling into a more defensive position. The ethereal however continued to snake towards him, digits opening wide. It would have been so easy to strike, so easy to lash out. But that would achieve naught, and Orion would not give. Not until he had his own way. So, she used action once more to communicate and to do simply nothing. It was him who wanted battle after all.

FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Orion Michaels on November 8th, 2013, 8:40 pm

Wicked steel blades clashed, the reverberations of the metal trailing down into his arms. His powerful stroke drover her blade aside, but as he continued in his somewhat fluid attack, she deftly avoided backwards, diving out of the reach of his swipe. Orion shot her an annoyed look, as she'd had every opportunity to fight him, to strike out and bring things to an end, but she hadn't. He knew she was playing the defensive. It was frustrating. Why had she even drawn her blade? He never would have attacked if she hadn't. Surely she knew that. What purpose did provoking Orion serve?

Like a snake coiled, ready to strike, so did Orion remain, ready to spring up and use the full force of his weight and strength against the smaller girl. She wasn't even going to humor him and give him any peace of mind that she would be able to defend herself. Just like always it was 'let Orion cool himself off and take verbal bites at him as needed'. Didn't she care about him at all? "Do you think I'm dumb to what you're doing?" He'd seen it last time they fought. The way her arm had just hung loosely and the way she'd somehow strangled him despite that fact? He'd never bothered to ask her, and she'd never bothered to tell him. Wasn't that how they were supposed to operate? Wasn't it always better to ask for forgiveness than permission? At least that gave him time to lick his wounds and let time do its thing. Instead, here he was, losing his temper and fighting her out in the open like the idiot he had always been.

"I know I'm selfish! No, I don't want to let you go. But seriously? Do you really think you're being any less so?!" Orion didn't notice the tears which came from his eyes. He couldn't have stopped them if he'd been aware. He lunged forward, stabbing the heavy long sword forward, trying to nick the side of her leg slightly as he did so. Orion retracted his steel for a moment, leaning back to halt his momentum before angling the blade upwards. Orion released the grip with his off hand and brought it to rest horizontally in front of his chest. With a quick twist of the handle, the flat of the sword rested upon his forearm. Orion used the stability to keep the weapon on course as he thrust forward again, driving the blade towards her shoulder. "You have some justification every time, but it's always just that! An excuse!"

How was this any different?

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Fallon on November 8th, 2013, 9:44 pm

Her face only creased further. So that was the issue. Perhaps it would just be for the better to simply lay down before him, to throw down the blade. She felt the damp, the moment of just a pure sorrow coarse through her veins. The bitter taste rested upon her tongue, the moment having consumed. He demanded proof, but wanted no fight with him. Yet without the release, without the allowance for him to pour his rage into, then he would only explode upon another. He gave a lunge at her, leg rising in instinct.

Fallon Skylar, destroyer of hope, had struck again. There was a hiss when the sharp edge snagged her. First blood had been given to Orion, the red bubbling out. She felt her blood boil, the adrenal pump as the pain seared its way up. But he was not done yet. She lunged the astral hand forward, aiming for the throat. Harder and faster from before. If that did not work, then she would have to change tactics and fast. She forced the blade between her, the scraping of metal. She worked on closing the gap, the tulwar hilt forward, the inner curve of the blade resting against her. Her elbow rose, leading the way as she brought it round. He was moving too fast for her.

Did he really intent on killing her? She threw herself round when the sword thrust came her way once more, a desperate move to avoid the attack. There was a clatter the loose grip sending it flying through the air. But still his blade came onwards.

Why don’t you just end it all? End it all at once? The grand finale?

It came as a howl. Sharp, loud and piercing. It rang through the citadel, carried upon the air and reverberating off every wall. But it warped, no longer a howl of pain and sorrow, but to one consumed into a simple relentless primal instinct. The point of the sword found its way into her left shoulder, her entire form jerking back when it broke the skin. Her right hand became clawed, the left astral following suit as it roughly grasped upon the fingers of Orion. Her right shot forward, teeth clenched and bare, a wolfish look forming in her eyes. The once calm voice turned into a growl, thick and heavy. There was no thought above the pain that bloomed and flowered. She pried and worked, the astral and the physical working to push him back and away. Yet to also reel him in.

She grasped him by the collar, a firm yank, her eyes burning into his. The grip tightened, hot breath escaping between her teeth. There was a grunt, the grip firm and hard, no immediate sign of letting go. And between that crack a husky voice emerged, though barely distinguishable from beyond the under growl. A single worded question;

”Why?”

FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Orion Michaels on November 11th, 2013, 3:35 pm

During all of the commotion created by Orion and Fallon, their ringing voices, and their wicked steel blades, an elderly man had made his way towards Kova's Well with the intention of tossing a coin in and making a personal request of the ghost of well. What he hadn't expected was to stumble upon two people locked in intense combat. He rounded the corner just in time to see Orion's blade pierce Fallon's shoulder.

Oh my goodness. I must get the knights!

Without making a sound, the elderly man turned around and made his way back down the path, hastily as his old bones would allow him. He had to get help and stop this madness.

Orion, meanwhile, was blinded by a mixture of anger and sadness. He was acting foolishly, and Fallon was paying for his instability with blood. He was surprised when the weapon made contact the first time. She was better than this. He'd fought her many times since they both heeded the call to join the knighthood, but her heart wasn't in it. It wasn't in their fight. It wasn't in the Knights. It wasn't in Syliras. He met her howl with a yell of his own. In her pain he could see the folly of his actions. As he drove his blade into her shoulder, the error of his ways were more apparent, clouded but there.

He paused in his assault as he saw the first hints of the thick red liquid trickling down the tainted blade. His pause was met by the unseen, spectral force which had worked upon him the end of last season. Each time he was consumed by anger and rage, there she was, the cause of it or not. Each time he was out of control, she was there, talking him down or slapping the nonsense from his face.

The truth of the matter, Orion didn't know what he could do without Fallon Skylar. She'd unwittingly become somewhat of a rock in his foundation, and while he'd worked hard to reforge himself in the flames of knighthood, he was far from a finished blade. Without her there to temper him, would he be an incomplete product?

He tensed as he felt the invisible force act on his throat. He contemplated momentarily just letter her kill him, end it all right there. But after his second attack connected, she was suddenly pushing and pulling at him all at the same time. It was a perfect metaphor for just what they were, though usually it was Orion doing the pushing. The young woman had put up with his wickedness far longer than anyone else had. Somehow she saw through the abuse which came through his words and more recently, his blade.

Then she asked a simple question that could have been posed so simply, so many years ago.

Why?

Orion's brows furled as a look of panic shot through his face. Hadn't he made it clear? Or were those words left unsaid? He wasn't even sure anymore. He wasn't sure about anything.

He pulled the blade free and let it drop to the ground, a drop of the girl's blood jumping to the squire's face as he did so. She deserved an answer, didn't she?

"Because," he began, in a low whisper. "I don't know what to do without you. If.." Orion paused his cool blue eyes rising to meet hers on fully. "If I can hate you, and make you hate me, maybe I can move on like I've done so many times in the past. I can't handle another goodbye, Fallon. I just can't."

He stood there, silently, waiting for her reply. A slap, a stab, a berating, and 'I hate you', or even a cold shoulder, never to see her again. He wouldn't blame her. Who could?

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fallon on November 11th, 2013, 4:58 pm

The arm felt limp as steel was pulled free. Teeth hissed, the hand slapping away and to the wound. She could feel the adrenal seeping out, her mind dipping into a moment of blurring. Even as the steel clanged to the floor, and the frustration dispersing into the air. It sizzled there within the cool air, a tremble within the watching night. Teeth gritted, hand clenching tighter over the wound. Out of either shoulder why did he have to go for the weaker one? There was a grunt, a forced return of the astral as it wrapped away. Muscles spasmed, the raw pain filtering down into the rest of her arm as she forced the sucking in.

Here she was again, her proof coming out once more. If not in words or emotions, then through her blood. Her features clenched in pain, as she watched his own features contort and tumble down into confusion. They were both a pair of children really, one seeking approval the other trying to find some level of stability. She forced her chin to rise; her ears twitching to the whisper. Her left hand gave a violent twitch, fingers clawing and clenching in place. It was with slow steps she approached him, eyes meeting for a brief wavering tick. She would not shout at him, she would not raise her voice to him. This was no fight of yelling and shouting, this was the leading forward and out. To take the glowing steel in ones grasp and temper it. Just like she had before. The sticky residue clung to her hand, her right momentarily preoccupied with it. And for a long time she held that gaze to him, the gaze of silence, of her own flickering fire behind her eyes, ”Make me hate you?”

Voice dropping to a whisper, she pursed her lips together, ”I’m sorry… but you are going to have to try a lot harder.” There was a hiss, a crease of the face as she held her gaze to him, ”Because that’s something that is impossible for me to do. No matter what you throw at me. I cannot hate you.” Her green turned the sky, the edge of her lip forced into a curl instead of a grimace, as the silence held and lasted. Or at least until she snapped her sight back down to him

”When will you ever learn? That this is never good bye,” she reached a blooded hand to him an open gesture, ”This is just a so long and see you later. For I always, always come home in the end. I always come back to you.” So much she would be willing to spill to him, so many words to share, and so many moments to grasp and drag forth. She would reach out the hand time and time again; she always would, just as he did for her when she was younger. How the pair would reach out to the endless blue sky, how the tall tales grew bolder each day. And now their youth had come and passed, here they stood once more as adults, teetering upon the edge and crawling back, ”So much is in your grasp Orion. So take the hand of life and join the dance. The world will not wait for you after all.”

FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Orion Michaels on November 13th, 2013, 4:52 am

Cold blue eyes stared through this silence, the world around him hazy and wavering in the dim light and tear covered membranes. It was like some fucking tale of a children's story. The moment of reckoning. An epic battle between two friends on paths divergent. Childhood companions locked in a battle of blades, a battle of words, and a battle of hearts.

It was all so much bullshit.

Nothing but drama, nothing but angry words, bitter feelings, and emptiness. That's all it was. Human's were stupid. All they did was argue and hurt one another. Over and over in an unending cycle, Orion and Fallon repeated their sins again and again.

So it wasn't any surprise to Orion to find them both here stained by her blood and his fury. The realization of what he'd done nearly tore him apart. It was like he was running in place. No matter how many masks Orion Michaels put on, at core of things, he was nothing, right? A man who hid behind every excuse imaginable. A man who would find a way to make everything about him, when it never should have been. A liar. A cheat. A sleaze.

And here that same monster was, stabbing his best friend in the chest, and for what? Following a dream?

"Is this really what it's supposed to be, Fallon?" Orion's quiet words broke the silence, the first tear finally escaping from a prison tightly guarded. His voice cracked, despite the volume, the emotions too much for the guarded squire to hold. In the sword that lay at the feet, in the crimson which flowed from her wound was everything that he hated about himself. All the selfishness, all the anger, all the self-loathing and self-pity. And despite his failures as a man, as a squire, and most importantly, as a friend, she was there, offering her hand, a hand covered in the pain he’d caused.

Their hands had always met, every time she came, every time she left. It didn’t matter who was the stronger one that day. Bonds closer than siblings tied these two together, symbolically and literally forged in blood as Orion cautiously moved his hand towards hers.

”I find a way to screw up everything, and I act up this way, yet somehow you keep coming back. I’m hardly fit for knighthood, and the one who has the strength of will to do so is walking away.” His hand hovered a half foot from hers, the uncertainty to which Orion was accustomed gripping at his heart. Her words were true. He knew that more than most. He’d avoided the ‘dance’ she spoke of like it was the core of darkness, a deadly plague. For years upon years, ever since Lyla’s death, Orion had found every excuse in the universe to refuse to play along with others.

Yet..

If Fallon could find a path she wished to follow, not a path which down to run, then why couldn’t he?

”Fallon… you’re right.”

A simple statement of truth.

”I’ve been a fool…I am a fool.” He couldn’t stop the words. A sudden admittance of truth? A change of heart? He couldn’t be sure. The blue eyed man knew he couldn’t make his changes so quickly, he couldn’t become a new man in the blink of an eye, but there had to be a starting point, right? For too many years had Orion chased the shadows of his past, the visage of a woman who simply no longer existed. For too many years had he tried to escape from the memories, rather than face them head on and accept the reality that was his life. It was a vicious circle, one from which he’d never tried to escape.

”No more. It’ll be that way no more.” Orion’s fingers grasped Fallon’s and pulled her in close against his body, his arms moving protectively to shield the wound he’d caused her. It was their last embrace, possibly forever, and it was one that he didn’t want to release. To do so would be to accept her leaving. To do so would mean accepting a future he was unprepared for.

”Go out into the world, Fal. Cleanse the darkness abroad, and I’ll work on it from within. When you return, I will be a knight. I’ll make you call me ‘Ser’.” Orion leaned his head down, placing his forehead against the top of her head, a gentle smile resting on his lips. ”I’m tired of running every which way and ending up in the same place, and at the same time, I’m terrified that without you here, I’m not going to be able to find that center again. Guess twenty six is as good of a time to grow up as any, huh?” The squire released his grasp on Fallon, reached down to grab his sword which he quickly sheathed, and turned quickly from her to face the well once more.

”Get out of here. Go get yourself treated at the Soothing Waters. If you haven’t resigned a squire yet, shouldn’t be any issues. Otherwise let them know I’ll be by shortly to settle your affairs. My name should cover it.” Slender fingers rested against the edge of the well, as he again found himself staring down into the depths. ”Better go. I’m sure the knights will be here soon. Probably don’t want to get tossed in the tank a couple days before you leave.” He needed to get going, too. He didn’t want to explain to Dinah why he was fighting in the middle of Syliras. He was already covered in some sort of pheromone that attracted trouble; actively seeking it out was just asking for it to get out of control.

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fallon on November 13th, 2013, 1:09 pm

And so, Orion Michaels was finally able to take those first few tentative steps into the great waltz through the world.

She kept her hand their as he hovered hesitant, the curl of the lips remaining throughout. Maybe she could not show him the moves, or show him the piece he had to follow, but her hand was there to greet him in. Besides, it seemed he had chosen his own path in his moment of revelation. She did not question him, instead she allowed his self revealing monologue be spoken and served only as witness to them. Fallon knew of it, she knew him and their binds of the weaving to and fro of their paths. And then, he reached out and took it.

A sharp embrace, tight and holding. There was a definite resistance that even she felt in his hold, their last embrace for a long while. Fingers tightened and grasped, her head burying into his chest from view for those precious chimes. It was perhaps deep inside that she realised the squire had finally begun coming to terms with who he was. Or more importantly a deep acceptance to go forth and reach his dream. There was a wince, a sharp intake of breath as the forehead pressing against hers, the final words being shared. She managed to break a smile for a flickering tick, her hand only cupping his face before once more he withdrew.

It was done, for better or for worse.

”Make me? Why, what you going to do if I don’t?” there was only the tracings of a tease in her voice, a fleeting moment of lightness hovering there, before it snapped away once more. She gave only a gentle touch upon his back, a final piece between them before she went to the tulwar. Sheathing it away she gave only a quick nod to his final request. There was only the finale of this chapter now, and it would not wait for her no matter how much she hesitated. She gave a sway, the distinct light headedness consuming her. It was time to move on, preferably before the wound got the better of her.

She would make it to the soothing waters, right? Brow knitting she stood next to him for a tick, a final gentle gaze upon his thoughtful face. There was a tap on the cheek, her brow only lightly knitting with perplexity. With a quick peck on the cheek, she gave only a whisper in his ear, ”Welcome to the dance Orion. I’ll see you around.”

With that she began the slow, careful walk through the city to the soothing waters to receive the necessary treatment.

FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Radiant on November 22nd, 2013, 7:41 am

Fallon :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP
Socialization +2 XP
Rhetoric +1 XP
Philosophy +1 XP
Weapon: Tulwar +2 XP
Projection +2 XP
Endurance +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Projection: Force Choke

Loots
-1 Shield Point

Orion :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Socialization +2 XP
Rhetoric +1 XP
Philosophy +1 XP
Weapon: Longsword +2 XP
Endurance +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Fallon Is Leaving The Order

Loots
-1 Shield Point

Notes :
Woooo! So much drama! :D

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous