Closed [Springwater Fountain] Mutterings of a Drunk (Engghaen)

What began as a midnight stroll becomes something entirely different.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

[Springwater Fountain] Mutterings of a Drunk (Engghaen)

Postby Brandon Blackwing on November 8th, 2013, 10:40 pm

A shiver of sheer cold ran down his spine. He could feel it travelling, sending out waves of Goosebumps over his skin. Not just his back, but also his arms and legs, pretty much whole his body was starting to look like a plucked chicken. He made a grimace and folded his arms over his chest to keep himself somewhat warm. It didn’t help.

Also, he had no idea how he ended up in the fountain. Wait, he could make an accurate guess. The headache he had at this time of the day wasn’t normal. And the black holes in his memory weren’t either. Nor was waking up in a fountain. He remembered flashes and bits of what happened, but not too much. He recalled having a drink in The Scholar’s Demise, but apart from that…fog.

He suspected he must have gone past his limit. Crossed the line too far. Way too far. And this was the result. Another shiver ran down his spine. Footsteps approached and a question was mumbled. Concern was dripping of the words. Guilt also. He frowned deeply. He didn’t have a clue what she was talking about. He carefully observed her features. He somehow was able to remember them clearly. A blush spread over his cheeks. “I-I’m fine. Do-don’t worry.” he uttered.

This girl…made feelings emerge he’d never felt before. For starters, he was embarrassed under her stare. Apparently she’d done something to him he couldn’t remember. Were those tears on her cheeks? He sighed. Not again! He’d done it again. Made a girl cry. Strangely, this time his concern was bigger than during his first meeting with Chari. He hated himself.

“As for what happened, I don’t seem to be able to remember, but I can guess.” That wasn’t really an answer on her inquiry, but it hadn’t been a real question anyway. More a way of expressing her concern. For the second time this night, he was dumbstruck at how gorgeous she was. Totally his type. Because of his hazy memory, he couldn’t really remember seeing her before, -and trying to made his headache worse, so he didn’t- but she looked strangely familiar for one or another reason. A name popped up in his mind; Enggy.

A cloak was held out to him, he didn’t notice at first, he was too busy gawking at her. Her words were carried off by a cold breeze that sent horribly cold waves over his body. He sneezed. “You should keep it on, the nights are getting colder.” Always a gentleman, he was. Something about this girl made him…shy. He didn’t know why. He probably did something to her, something his body had remembered, but his memory hadn’t. He scratched his wet hair, shaking of the drops that gathered on his fingers afterwards.

“I'll... I'll be fine. I won't be gone tomorrow." Something about that phrase made him really happy. He didn’t know what or why, but this girl just made him feel that way. There was some weird tension in his stomach. The smile she gave him enhanced the sensation. He shot her his trademark grin. “I have a tent, I'll put it up somewhere here.” Huh? She was going to sleep here? In the cold? In the middle of the square?

The gentleman inside of the thief couldn’t let that happen. The least he could do for her was make her an offer right? To give counterweight for making her shed tears. He nodded. He’d do that. “You could also come with me…” That sounded a bit wrong. “I mean, you can’t just sleep here on the street. You can sleep in my bed if you’d like.” His teeth had started cluttering in his mouth. The noise they made was so loud the bat was worried they were crushing each other. He tightened the grip on his chest. He felt like he was freezing. He sneezed twice in a row, loudly. Darn, he was getting ill.
Last edited by Brandon Blackwing on November 21st, 2013, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fighting Style and Techniques

Credit for this awesome sig goes to Estrellir Konrath
Brandon Blackwing
The master thief Incognito

Words: 1496963
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2013, 3:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Engghaen on November 9th, 2013, 11:52 am

The girl kept staring at him. She quickly wiped away her tears with the back of her hand when she realised they were still there. He said he couldn't remember.. Had he forgotten about her? About what he did? She sighed. "You liked me... A..and.. " she moved her weight and changed her stance, slightly uncomfortable. This wasn't one of her favorite jobs. Did he really... Engghaen couldn't believe this. Of course, he was drunk, and in his state he couldn't remember things, but..
"...You kissed me. And I like you back." she shifted her weight and tilted her head.

When Bran didn't take her cloak, and actually refused it, she was surprised. "You need it more then I do." she said sternly and wrapped it around his shoulders. Then, instead of letting him go, she gave the bat a hug. The cat squeezed him tightly in her arms, hoping he would get warmer this way. She was getting wet herself, but she didn't mind. She'd get warm anyway. Maybe not in her cold tent, but she didn't catch a cold easily and besides, this wasn't about her.

She could... Sleep in a bed tonight? She grinned. "Yes, I'd love to.." but then thought about being polite. He had invited her, remember. "I... I mean, if that's okay with you..." It had been ages since Enggy had been sleeping in a bed. She had been sleeping upside-down, in a tree, in her cat shape, on a horse, in a tent, on the ground, in front of a bar... But it had been surely a year since she had been sleeping in a bed. She didn't like to stay in Inn's. It cost her money and her tent was as good as a room there.

Without realising it, Enggy had been squeezing Bran tighter and tighter. She softly let go of him. "Uhm. Yeah..." She looked away to avoid his eyes. They were beautiful though. How they shone in the moonlight...
Everyone knows pain and misery,
But it's how we survive that makes us who we are.

Character Sheet | Scrapbook | Plotnotes | Ruvyn
Engghaen
I'm not cute! I'm just... Fluffy.

Words: 87123
Joined roleplay: November 1st, 2013, 3:18 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Brandon Blackwing on November 9th, 2013, 3:30 pm

The thief rolled his eyes at the girl’s statement. Of course it was kind of her to give him her cloak, especially considering he was freezing in the cold breeze blowing through the city’s streets tonight. He let her do as she pleased when she wrapped the cloak around his shoulders. If she felt better by doing so, he wouldn’t stop her.

He was still pondering on the words of the girl, completely ignoring the sharp stabs of pain his headache gave him. Apparently he’d kissed her. How he’d managed? No idea. But the girl seemed to liked him and he knew he had strong feelings for her as well. Now he thought about it he could feel something soft lingering on his lips. Well, if he’d really kissed her, like she said he had, then that would explain the sensation.

Suddenly, the girl wrapped her arms around him, pulling him in a hug. He smiled. It was quite comfortable and warm like this. He wouldn’t mind standing here all night. He answered her gesture by pulling her closer to him, his arms folding themselves around her waist. His warm smile widened and he closed his eyes. “Enggy…”

All of a sudden he realised he was soaked, and so were his clothes, and as such he was soaking her as well. He gave the black haired girl a worried stare, but she didn’t seem to mind. He shrugged. If she thought it was alright, then he wouldn’t force her to let him go. He placed his chin on her shoulder like he’d done earlier this evening. Not that he remembered doing so.

She said she’d love to sleep in a bed. He grinned, pleased she’d accepted his offer. His grin quickly shifted into a comical expression of exaggerated pain when Enggy started squeezing him. She was crushing his ribs, cutting off his breath. He tapped her on the back. “Krrrrgg … Enggy … can’t … krrrroggg … breathe …”

“Uhm. Yeah...” She loosened her grip on the bat and let go of him. It appeared as if she hadn’t realised she’d been crushing him. The bat gasped for breath as she released him. Filling his lungs with the highly necessary gas that kept him alive, the bat inhaled and exhaled deeply a couple of times.

She averted his gaze, not wanting to look him in the eye. Ashamed perhaps? He laughed at her and put her at ease with a joke. Well he tried to anyway. “Relax, your embraces are nothing compared with my mom’s. Her hugs are feared over the whole world.” He couldn’t keep himself from bursting out in laughter mid-sentence. The second half came out in a jerky manner. When he finally regained his composure, tears were flowing out of the corners of his dark orbs. He wiped them off with the back of his hand.

He stared at the girl in front of him curiously. She said she liked him, didn’t she? She’d also said he’d kissed her. He wondered if she’d get mad at him if he tried to give her another one. He couldn’t remember the first anyway. He’d try. Nervously, he placed her hands back on her hips, softly pulling her closer. He stared down in her gorgeous eye, the other one was hidden behind her hair. “Gods, you have such beautiful eyes…” he murmured. Then, bending slightly forward, he pressed his lips on hers carefully. He closed his eyelids.

Brandon Blackwing

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Engghaen on November 9th, 2013, 6:12 pm

Engghaen wiped away a tear when he started to talk about his mother's hugs. Sure, he tried his best to cheer her up and lighten the mood, but this wasn't exactly what she needed. Her mother had died giving birth to her and, although she had never known her, she still saw it as a horrible thing.

For the second time this evening, he grabbed her hips. Did he... Want to kiss her again..? She put her arms around his neck. Sure, it wasn't a problem if she... His lips landed on hers and he stared her in her eye. She looked back, but then closed her eyes. His lips were sweet, too. They were soft and moist.. She pulled herself closer to Brandon, her arms wrapped tightly around him, his arms wrapped tightly around her.

Then, she let go of his lips again, but left her arms around his neck. She looked him in the eyes and wondered about him. What would he be like the next morning? Was he really a Kelvic? If so, what would his other form be? How old would he get? And how old was he? She didn't know, and asking them would probably be too much for him. She smiled at him.

"If you want to go home now, I won't mind. I want to go with you." she whispered in his ear. If he could find his home.
Everyone knows pain and misery,
But it's how we survive that makes us who we are.

Character Sheet | Scrapbook | Plotnotes | Ruvyn
Engghaen
I'm not cute! I'm just... Fluffy.

Words: 87123
Joined roleplay: November 1st, 2013, 3:18 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Brandon Blackwing on November 10th, 2013, 1:35 pm

Enggy wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled herself closer to him. The slight space between their bodies disappeared. The bat could feel the heat of her radiating and warming his wet skin. The thief folded his arms tighter around her waist, but not too tight. His insides felt like they were on fire. He was elate she’d accepted his kiss. A single tear of happiness rolled down his cheek.

Then, breaking the intimate contact between them, the blue eyed girl let go of his lips, slowly pulling her head back. Her arms however, still held his neck in a tight embrace, and so did his. Strangled into each other, they stood for a while, just staring in each other’s orbs. His were dark, like a pond by night, hers shone a bright blue, inhumanly blue. He absolutely adored those eyes, they were so … unique. They suited her. He smiled a genuine loving smile.

In her shiny blue orbs, he could detect a whole lot of questions. What they were about, he did not know, but a feeling in his gut told him they might be about him. She wanted to know about him. he retracted his right hand from her waist and softly stroked her right cheek. It was fine with him, he’d tell her. Because he felt he wanted to tell her.

But not right now. Not here. He wanted to be somewhere safe. Somewhere prying eyes from curious outsiders couldn’t reach. Someplace where they couldn’t hear his words. Home. He realised he was still gazing in her eyes. They were really beautiful. They were large, and the shiny blue of her iris made them stand out. He liked that. Then the realisation came. Something he’d know since he’d first laid eyes on her shiny orbs. She wasn’t human.

She was a Kelvic, just like him. Now he knew they were of the same race, he felt even better. The passion raging inside of him burned brighter. He was sure the girl could feel the heat of it through his skin. She smiled and whispered something in his ear. She was saying she wouldn’t mind if he’d go home now. She’d come with him.

He nodded. Sure. He carefully broke the embrace and scanned the square. They were standing behind the fountain, so that would make his house being… westward from their current position. He sneezed again. The cold of the night saw it’s chance when he broke the hug and was already assaulting him. Right, time to go.

Turning towards the girl, he place his right arm around her waist, her side almost touching his. He looked into her bright orb. “Let’s go, Enggy.” He started walking, slightly adjusting his pace to hers. The bat strode around the fountain, and entered a small street. He shivered. Better make haste. He shot the girl a questioning glare, one eyebrow held high. “Do you mind if I pick up the pace a little? I’m afraid the current state of my clothing is draining the heat from my body.” And so he headed home, walking side by side with the female Kelvic.

Brandon Blackwing

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Elysium on November 27th, 2013, 4:54 pm

Brandon Blackwing

XP:
Singing +1
Seduction +2
Socialization +3
Observation +1

Lore:
Lhavit: The Scholar's Demise
Song: Drunken Sailor
Lhavit: Springwater Square

Engghaen

XP:
Socialization +2

Lore:
Lhavit: Springwater Square
Brandon Blackwing

Notes: Okay. Nice job, but I have some stuff to say. Brandon, you can't make references to real world ideas like the Devil, or the Spanish. Those things don't exist in Mizahar. If you're going to copy and paste a song, that's fine, just change some of the lyrics so it reflects the context you're writing in.

Engghaen, you have got to work a little harder on your post length. It was certainly better towards the end, but we don't endorse single paragraph posts around here. Next, you inferred that Brandon was a Kelvic just by his eye color alone. If he had slitted pupils, I could possibly understand, but it was too specific a conclusion knowing so little about him. Try to stay away from metagaming.

Further, both of you are missing a hugely important part of the Kelvic race. They're designed by their very nature to bond with humans and humans alone. From a biological standpoint, there would be no attraction between Brandon and Egghaen. I recommend you re-read the Kelvic lore. And finally, people are not allowed to set their tents up and just sleep on the street. Egghaen, you are more than welcome to get an apartment at Solar Winds Apartments.

I know this may seem like I'm nitpicking, but I'm really not. I'm not out to get you or anything. I only want to see you improve and ascend to your fullest potential!

Elysium

and so, the journey continues...
Elysium
Never venture, never win.

Words: 519270
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2012, 9:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)