Completed Wounds and Worries (Fallon)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Wounds and Worries (Fallon)

Postby Wrenmae on November 25th, 2013, 8:07 pm

77th Fall 513 AV

23rd Bell

When darkness fell upon Syliras, the city did not transform as willingly as others. Lhavit came to life beneath the obdurate stars, waking in a winding snake of light and vibrancy. Alvadas became monstrous in the evening, strange buildings and wrong roads...the illusions took their role as mischievous a step farther into dangerous. Sunberth was simply less impeded, as if the night offered it some semblance of freedom to commit its debauchery with abandon. Here? Here in Syliras the ever-present Knight city all that happened was a hush spread across cobblestone and down alleys.

Wren had been following Fallon since she left the dorm. It wasn't as if his original intention had been to shadow her, only that he had. She moved with a fluid sort of purpose and rather than interrupt that he followed. The cold ebbed on the edge of bitter, pulling at his skin and cloak. When she paused at the well, Wren fell back at a distance. Orion, the father of the brat, made his appearance shortly after and they engaged in a discussion of some sort.

A discussion that became violent.

His instinct was to intervene, but when the old man appeared and scuttled away from the clash of blades and harsh words, Wren knew that the Knights might not be far behind. Pulling himself farther into the alcove he watched with narrowed eyes.

Fallon was wounded, but the two parted without further bloodshed. She staggered away from the combat, alone, and as she passed into the cold streets towards...whatever her ends might be, Wren stepped in stride beside her.

"You know how to choose friends," He said with a frown, "Little sister."

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Fallon on November 25th, 2013, 8:45 pm

If there was any way to make Fallon jump out of her skin, Wrenmae had succeeded in doing it.

“Oh holy petching shyke!” she gave a flinch away from him, her hand already coiling up into a fist designed to punch the speaker. For a while her eyes glared into the gloom and at him, her jaw tightening in a sense of annoyance. The hand relaxed before giving him a firm point, ”Don’t do that to me! Going to scare me to death.”

Puffing out her cheeks she turned her head away, looking only into the gloom towards the soothing waters. Why was he here? Of all the times he could have turned up it had to be now. Was the gods mocking her for her choices? For deciding to leave the order and to try and fight back her friend? She shook her head, her own questions going round and the prickling of her wound taking her attention. Walking in step with him she gave only a glance up to her brother, before snapping her eyes away once more, ”I guess you saw all that then? Shyke it… Well at least you know what my plan is now.” And then she stopped dead in her tracks, her face creasing into a frown. Lips pursed together, her cheeks puffing out. There was a flare of anger in her voice, a definite snap in her tone as her eyes simply looked him up and down, ”Who you calling little… twig!”

There was a huff, her fist clenching in annoyance as her step quickened once more. It was no more than a childish dig at him, an outburst of her pent up frustration from her injury. She allowed herself to get hurt, but it brought about a change. She allowed him to wake up and join the dance. Pinching her brow she released a sigh, her expression finally relaxing into that of a bittersweet contempt, ”Sorry, it has been an interesting night. With my friend of course.”

She continued her steady pace, not showing any signs of holding up or slowing down any time soon. The sooner she got to the soothing waters, the sooner she could have those uncomfortable hands deal with the injury, ”So did you want something big brother?”

FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Wrenmae on November 25th, 2013, 10:08 pm

Wren flinched back when she turned on him, but it was more in response to her energy than any twitch in his direction. She moved, at first, like a caged animal...all ensnared in her own thoughts. But as she spoke, she fought out of it. He even laughed at her outburst towards him, especially since he could be as large or as small as he wanted at a moment's notice. Neither of them slowed as they passed through the streets. Her steps made the harsh ratat of retort on the cobblestones while his complimented in their silent parody.

Neither were molested by the Knights as they made their way toward the Healing Springs.

It was a cold Fall night, the winds tore through the streets and reminded the both of them that the first snow would not be far on its heels. It was pestering enough to reinforce Wren's original purpose in coming to find her. He intended to leave this place before the first snowfall. When the white soldiers crowded from the wartorn grey skies, they stacked in ranks and made travel impossible. Much as he would have loved to test the mettle of Syliras in the winter, he would also effectively be trapped within the city walls.

"I wasn't close enough to hear it all," he admitted with a shrug, "But I'll have to hope that it means you're still prepared to leave." They moved in silence then for a moment or two before Wren spoke again, "Get that wound taken care of swiftly. Neither of us are medics and infection will kill you as easily as the fangs of any wolf or the edge of any blade." He trailed off and muttered, "But slower. Make you suffer for your weakness. It's Vayt's way."

Breathing out that ill thought he dropped back and sped up on the other side of her.

"Only a day or two more before we make way. The first snows will be down within a few moons of our departure, but I want the city far out of our sight when the first of the ice drifts." He grinned at her, "The journey will be difficult. Have you been practicing your blade?"

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Fallon on November 26th, 2013, 10:53 am

“Oh, I’m very prepared to leave,” she gave a shrug, ”Par for the obvious hole in my shoulder, and the last moment supplies needed for travelling.” Her eyes looked on ahead, her hand rising up to the wound to cup it. Damn it made her feel dizzy, and the way he danced around words was not exactly helping her either. Her features pinched, but her eyes continued to ever look on ahead as they passed other doorways and corridors. There was only a snort to his words, ”Don’t have to tell me twice. Even I have enough common sense to know that. So don’t worry, your little baby sister is going to listen.”

Their foot fall continued to echo, a quiet chorus of voices marking out a steady rhythm as they descended through the stone citadel. Whilst Wrenmae himself spoke in gentler tones, it was her own that spoke sharper at present. Even as he dropped back and came round to her other side, almost as if shoulder hopping, did his question reach her. For a moment there was a pause, her eyes staring across the street and towards the entrance of the soothing waters. So close, yet so far. There was a moment of uncertainty as to whether or not he would follow her all the way in. She would not have objected, but even then she was uncertain if he was here for little more than idle chit chat.

There had to be some reason he was here, right?

”I’m a squire still, technically. It is my job to practice with blades,” she exhaled, her mind thinking briefly to the winter season and what it involved. It always seemed to burn brightest in her mind, a bringer of the end of the year, of purging of the old to allow the new spring to once more come forth. And thus, the cycle would continue, ”And I’m pretty sure you were able to lay witness to the wonderful level of skill I have obtained.” Or the lacking, as she would have preferred. She gave a firm step towards the facility, her hand rising almost as if flicking the thought away, ”Is there anything else you wish to share with me? Any wonderful words of wisdom the elder wishes to impart upon the younger? Because although I really would love to stand around and chat, I really need to deal with this. So, follow if you wish, or wait out here in the chill or… whatever?” there was a pause, ”Look, see you in a few chimes if you’re still about.”

There was a second pause however, her brow creasing and her hand resting on her pocket. Looking back at him she simply gave a sigh, her lips pursing to form a line in a moment of regard. Her fingers unfurled lifting almost as if into an open gesture. Enough almost to stop her in her current mission into the building. Lips parted, hesitation there as her eyes bore down upon him before at last she spoke, "There is something else... right?"

FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Wrenmae on December 2nd, 2013, 7:28 am

For a moment or two he just stood there. The darkness swirled in around them, filled the spaces between them and came to life in the hollows of their features. Wren had not spoken since she had begun again, walking in silence beside his sister towards the Soothing Waters. He traveled in a seamless kind of gait, the smooth confident steps that he had learned in Sunberth...to keep the scabs from seeing you as a mark or taking a blade to your throat where you laid down your head.

It wasn't that he had nothing to say, it was that he was considering the gravity of what he needed to. The blood still glistened from Fallon's shoulder wound, a haunting sort of glimmer and although Wren could not see it, he could sense the sickness that was sinking into her now, sleeping in the thin membrane of skin that covered the body. It would grow worse in his presence, flourish, and ultimately kill her.

Vayt's way was as merciless as it was fair. There was no exception to the law save those who spread it themselves. The weak would be punished in any form, from the strongest of knights to the weakest of peasants. The rich could not buy their immunity any more than the wizards could enspell it away.

Even the nuits rotted to dust faster.

There was no escaping.

When she turned to ask him if there was anything else, he surged forward, clasping a hand onto her shoulder wound and pressing down. Instinctively she raises her hands to bat him away, but he caught the dominant one and pushed her against one of the slate buildings outside the Soothing Waters.

"You let him mark you. In the wilds, if you allow yourself to be marked so...you will die. We all struggle in this life...disease, hunger, ambition, and only the truly powerful will emerge victorious. Swear to me that you will not let a bond like friendship keep you from dropping a threat again."

He let her go and stepped back quickly on his heels, eyeing her gravely.

"Our journey is bound to be hard and perhaps I am...rough...not the sort of traveling companion most want. I've worked alone for some time now, more than enough time. I just can't risk caring about you and losing you." He held her in a stare, furious and fierce. "So don't you dare think about following me if you're just going to die. I won't bury you Fallon. I will not bury any more family."

Sig by Shausha

Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Fallon on December 2nd, 2013, 8:12 am

Fallon stared and met his gaze, pupils sharpening as she stared back. Expression ripped from her face, masking itself in a cold hardness almost as if to protect him from her own fires. His hisses and words did not startle her, the snarls of disgust and rage did not make her turn her head away in shame. Her own steel had been tempered, her edges being brought to a sharp point of efficiency when called for.

”I will try. But…” she began, ”I will not under any circumstances make promises that I cannot determine the future of,” she spoke coolly, unwavering, the subtleties of a growl cracking in the back of it, ”Yet here you are, asking me to swear to you when you yourself will not let me swear to another because you believe that it will only let me grow stagnant.”

There was the narrowing of eyes as the wound was further pressed upon, her throat constricting tightly as she refused to utter any sounds. She held it, a long silent song between siblings and no immediate sign of her backing down. Thoughts in her mind gave a turn, mannerisms recorded clicking into place, whilst her own personal observations begun to make sense. Her chin lifted, her form pressing forward against him in a burning defiance – or a want to simply stand for herself, ”Now, are you quite done?”

There was only a slightly loosening of the hold, but her stare continued, fiery and hot, unaware of the danger her own flesh and blood put her in. She pulled her claimed wrist away, snatching it momentarily from his grasp, the cool slate of the stone behind her. A cold night for a heated discussion, of an elder brother making demands to a younger and his pointed refusal, ”At least you had someone to bury.”

It hovered only in the air for a few ticks, before all so simply she spoke once more.

“Egyptus,” she lowered her voice her gaze still holding but the one fiery spark of defiance having now grown into a warm flame. Her chest expanded and then exhaled deeply, thought solidifying into a sense of something, curiosity? Realisation? She herself was not quite sure, but it was familiar to say the least, “You are you lonely, aren’t you?”

FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Wrenmae on December 4th, 2013, 9:23 pm

Wren stepped back from her sharply, muscles around his eyes contracting into narrowed slits, his mouth grimacing. She'd stepped directly on his heart and twisted her heel, enough that he felt the blow rattling in his bones and psyche. Turning away from her he strode three steps, paused, took a breath and turned back. When he did, his face was composed...save for the barest twitch at the corner of his right eye.

"The Knights are wrong for you. You knew that as well as I did. That is not what this is about. Nor will you speak about my..." he paused, blinked, corrected himself, "Our family again. You do not know what you lost and I know all too well. Neither pain should be reflected on."

He could see the face of his sister beneath the furs, pale and twisted in the throes of sickness, his brother standing over her with concern, using the supplies for himself to keep her alive.

Violently he shook the images from his head.

"I am not lonely." He stated, and then, as if he felt he didn't express it strongly enough, repeated it "I am NOT lonely." It felt defensive no matter how many times he said it.

He blew out a breath harshly, expelling the last of the sentence before speaking again. "Go see to yourself before it gets infected. We can speak when you return."

Sig by Shausha

Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Fallon on December 5th, 2013, 4:01 am

“You’re a bad liar, you know that right?”

She looked at him, brow raising voice turning soft whilst his turned to that of a sharp shrill. It was almost amusing to see him recoil and stumble over her statement. How deeply did she step into his shadow? How far had she struck her fist upon the door into the ego to simply stare within. She rotated her wrist round, her eyes staring still that look still remaining on her face.

His defensive tones did not exactly convince her otherwise.

”Everyone gets lonely,” Fallon stared upon him, chin lifting, ”Even if you do wish to deny it. It’s in our very nature to get lonely, to lust for contact, to want upon touch and desires. Just a fleeting moment to satisfy the craving… For lack of the better word. And, so, it is perfectly fine to feel lonely.” lips pursed, words stretching out almost into a purr. There was a step after him, almost an assault, but instead of blades it was words. Both were equally sharp in this context, ”So, you can continue to stand around in your little world of denial and remain on the level of some egotistical teenager… Or you can grow up and accept yourself for who you are for all your faults and weaknesses - Oh wait, I forgot you don’t abide such things. How silly of me”.

Eyes gave a narrow and her nose almost came level to him as she stared right into his eyes. She was composed, in command of herself and what was going on internally within. Even she herself would happily admit that she was capable of reaching such levels. Yet just as quickly as she began her words, she simply brushed him off as if he was seemingly little more than dirt to her.

”But…” she shrugged as she went past, her head being shaken in a slow, almost in a mocking fashion, ”If that’s what let’s you sleep at night…”

No more needed to be said. She continued her step past him, hands going to her pockets and a look that could only be described as disappointed. There was no need to look back, no matter to his words or protests otherwise – her mind had already decided that it would be better. Besides the healers were calling her, and whether or not he would still be here was for him to decide. And he had quite a few chimes to do so.

FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Wrenmae on December 12th, 2013, 1:01 am

Wren let her go, crumpling back against the wall of a Syliran home like an empty bag. He slumped toward the ground, letting the cold touch of the wall follow his downward trek...till his ass touched stone and he came to rest. Fallon had stepped beyond his reach and into the place of healing. He was left to absorb her message, every sharp note of it, every rise and fall of syllable.

Wow. Just. Wow-ish. She really laid it down, didn't she?

Huh. Zan. Where have you been?

Around, watching, observing...taking a leaf from your book and being creepy till the time was right.

Sulking because you weren't accepted into the Knights.

Zan, you're not one of them. You never were.

I could have been.

You're linked to a Blighter, Zan, what if they asked you to come after me? Life for life, after all, isn't it?

I didn't think it would come to that. You bounce around so much that-

That what? I wouldn't come to roost here in Syliras? Perhaps not, but you do not belong here.

Then where DO I belong?

WITH ME!

There was a silence between them before Zan spoke again, and Wren could feel the smugness

Not lonely, huh?

Shut up, Zan.

Hey, hey, it's ok. Poor widdle Wennie is aaaaaaaaaall alone. Don't you fret boyo, Zan's here to save the day! Your days of loneliness are numbered, mage, you have a suave little voice on your shoulder.

Define suave.

...Well you can just shut up, huh? I don't need to be a master of words!

And yet you continue to speak.

And you continue to sulk. Isn't this what you wanted anyways?

She is showing progress, exemplary progress. I guess our little bout worked.

Probably all the crying.

Shut up

But really though...are you sure about this? Taking her with us? Are you sure you know what you're doing?

Zan, you've been with me through my best and worst

Arguably more of the latter

And so you tell me. Are we ready for her?

...yes. I think if we weren't, you'd never accomplish what you wanted.

Then we go to Sunberth.

And I inevitably follow.

And so they waited for her, quietly, together and yet apart...with their own minds to gnaw at her words.

Sig by Shausha

Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Fallon on December 12th, 2013, 2:03 am

With all the winces, cries and objections Fallon still allowed the cold touch to caress for those precious chimes. Of course, not without hissing out a few mumblings of words to quell their questioning. Training, accident, a stupid bout; in return there was only a mocking tut and a yawn from the healer. Nothing further was asked after she slid a few miza their way, if anything to silence them and their curiosity. Once released, Fallon paid wasted no time bolting for the door – the coat flapping over one arm whilst fingers rushed at doing up buttons.

For a moment she hovered at the doorway, a silent regard to the crumpled form of Wrenmae and his noticeable look of defeat. There was only the curl of the lip, the rise of the brow as she made a steady approach over and the coat was pulled on properly – admittedly with a grimace to the distinct blooded patch and slash that went through it. But that was not of an immediate concern right now, there were other much more pressing issues. There was no time to turn her back, there was no reason to press further. Enough had been said, the cards had been dealt and now it was simply time to play. Besides, nothing more would be achieved by delving deeper - other than more hurt and self reflection.

Stooping before him she exhaled, her hand reaching down to him, the digits extended and her palm open almost in gesture. And although she did not say anything at first to him, she let it hang there; solid in its intentions, no unwavering in her form. For a moment she broke a smile, gentle, warm, yet the significant burning challenge to him almost as if daring him to reach out and grab at her.

”Come, walk with me,” eyes glinted at him, ”The night is young as are we. To remain hung up on things when things are laid out before you… well it must be tiring. Plus… I don’t think it’s a good idea to sit upon the cold stone. Less you like a numb ass.” There was a wicked grin, her back straightening but her hand remaining there, ”Besides, I have a feeling we’re not quite done with each other yet. So… I’m dreadfully sorry, but you’re stuck with me for just a while longer.”

Fallon relaxed, her voice dipping into a low whisper, ”So, shall we?”

FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Next