Completed Wounds and Worries (Fallon)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Wounds and Worries (Fallon)

Postby Wrenmae on December 25th, 2013, 7:49 pm

At first he only looked at the hand with a distant frown. He'd seen the same gesture before, but he couldn't place where. The smile, the splayed fingers, and yet it was comforting rather than patronizing. Taking the hand, he let Fallon pull him up to his feet. Dusting away the dirt from his clothes he nodded mutely and followed the girl through the cold streets.

After a little while, he spoke, but it was low and drifting. Wren wasn't in Syliras anymore, no...he was caught in the illusions of memory, an eddy that had brought him bouncing to old Alvadas.

"Once upon a time," he began, beating a path through memory with a somber, wistful sway, "I had a lover." He glanced sidelong at Fallon, unsure what her own experience with love was. After the beat, he continued, "She was Svefra, but buxom rather than the sea-folk slim...and with the most vivid red hair. She was my first and we tore through the streets of Alvadas like hurricanes...the two of us." He smiled, remembering the way she had taken his hand in hers, almost absently...it was the thought of a thought that brought her to him, something almost instinctual.

"I thought I would stay with her, then...but I lost her on the sea. My ship never made the rendezvous on the island we had agreed upon." He stopped at the crossroad of two ways, looked both, and chose the right...winding away from the center of the city toward the outskirts. "My ship sunk, torn apart by sea monsters and I, alone, survived."

He shrugged, "The gods have seen fit to curse my path with fallen friends and lost lovers, dead siblings, and missing fathers. To dwell on it would be to lose myself, so I simply learned to move on."

Putting a hand down on his belt, he pulled out the slightly glowing flask and held it out to her, "And I had company, I suppose...my familiar, Zan. He alone has braved my every hardship and traveled with me. We are...unaccustomed, to traveling partners, so you'll excuse me if I seem a bit distant."

Another shrug rocked his frame.

"I can't afford to be crippled by loss anymore...I've spent too long mourning."

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Fallon on December 25th, 2013, 9:47 pm

Fallon was silent, only gentle nods as he spoke serving only to encourage. There was only a responsive glance to him on the mention of a lover, a flicker of sombreness, before she pushed the thought aside once more. This was his time, not hers and thus she turned her eyes forward remaining the silent guard through the quiet twisting streets. There was only a twisting round and behind him, a gentle step to match his own when he chose to head right. With the monologue continuing, the girl kept in beat - it was only the gentle clink of steel in its scabbard that escaped her.

She only gave a moment of regard to the flask, a pinch of lids as she focused upon it. The word familiar was one she understood, or at least in the non-magical terminology of the word. In the world of magic it was little more than a gap in her knowledge on something she had yet to actually explore. Lips formed into a line, her mind creating an educated guess from within that her brother held some special bond with a creature - anything else was beyond her.

"The Scars remind us the past is real. Thus we tear ourselves open just trying to feel... But, perhaps it is much better to have love and lost, then never had at all," there was a glance once more up to him, the holding of breath in the momentary musing of her own words. Clearing her throat she gave a flick of the hand as if discarding the words as unimportant, "Then you will also excuse me if I also seem distant. Travelling solo is something I also take practice in. Yes, you have permission to call me foolish."

With the changing world before her, Fallon took it in - noting the changing of shapes and the familiar tell tale signs of the outer edges of the citadel proper - if by tell tale signs it was meant by the seemingly higher quantity of mud and paths formed by traffic. Hands resting in her pockets she took in the dark autumn air, her eyes looking down the bridge of her nose and her lip fixing once more into a curl. Her chin gave a rise in challenge, "The Gods see fit to curse... Well, I don't know about you, but I'm going to give it my all and defy their wishes."

A wicked grin bloomed, a devilish spark filling her face. Making a fist she gently bumped him on the shoulder, almost as if attempting to pass on her mindset and energy, "Because I'm up for the challenge if you'll let me. So pull up your frown, and I'll race you to the end. Promise." She gave a firm nod, her hand holding out before him in gesture and handshake. Fallon gave him a wink, "After all, we wait for none, we simply move."
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Wrenmae on January 3rd, 2014, 7:20 am

Wren put a hand to his chest, feeling up to his right shoulder and down where the mark of Laviku raged across his skin. He remembered the seaweed beard and those judging eyes. Hollow, dark, filled with the hidden cave grottos beneath the waves and the lost cities that exist there.

"I know a thing or two about gods and curses," He said quietly, "And you can never quite defy them, only cleverly learn to navigate around them." Smiling, he shook his head in a spill of brown, matted hair, "But your spirit is commendable, and your fortitude...well," he paused, "I can see why the Knights took a shine to you."

He left it at that, considering the rest of her words.

Scars remind us that the past is real.

The Scars remind.

The Scars.

Wren blinked.

"Scars," He said quietly, more to himself, "Yes...the Scars are like the injuries of the past, they no longer hurt us, but they remind us of where we've been, of the mistakes we've made. A scarred warrior knows battle, knows defeat as well as victory."

Turning on Fallon suddenly, he clapped both hands on her shoulder. "I'll call them The Scars! It's perfect!" Grinning, he strode ahead of her, the darkness of his past banished into his wake for the moment as his future reared up ahead of him.

"You're a genius," He called back to her, "But if it's a race you want..." He trailed off and then took off running, cloak flapping around him, muscles pumping against the cobblestone. "You'll find I'm already ahead of you!"

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Radiant on January 24th, 2014, 5:49 pm

Wrenmae :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP
Socialization +3 XP
Intimidation +1 XP
Storytelling +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Fallon Is Very Observant
The Scars: Name Of My Future Group

Loots

Fallon :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Socialization +2 XP
Rhetoric +2 XP
Philosophy +2 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Egyptus Is Just Lonely
Wrenmae Was Separated From His Svefra Lover
Zan: Wrenmae's Familiar

Loots

Notes :
I always love the shenanigans between these two siblings. :D :thumbsup: Great job, you two!

Poor Wren, his statement to Zan basically cemented the fact that he was indeed lonely. :P You can't escape stare of Fallon the Journeywoman.

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous