A Meeting of Two Pulsers [Felicia]

Two wizards meet, one fresh to the island and the other having been twisted by it.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Postby Annalisa Marin on December 13th, 2013, 6:42 pm

Anna was a little surprised at her lack fear, or even distaste both of which were the norm from those not accustomed to the might of Reimancy. That and she had indulged herself slightly in the urge, allowing it to guide her for a little while. To witness that kind of earth shattering power behind one so... well into it was always interesting to say the least. Tsaba had been frightened, Ricky disgusted, yet Felicia didn't seem too shaken up. If nothing else she was very good at masking her emotions when necessary, something that raised Anna's heckles about those paranoid delusions.

Then she admitted to her fear and Anna could see the issue, the power and pleasure in wielding it was always an alien thing to the uninitiated. Casting at its core was always a primal and very pleasurable thing, reimancy especially. That was one of the may reasons why people gave too much, because they never wanted to stop. It took a strong will to resist the temptation entirely, a steely resolve even amidst.

Hmm... fear was useful but here it could prove an inconvenience, she was trying to charm the girl and assure her she meant no harm. The display had been intended to come off as impressive or enticing but obviously Felicia had not taken it that way. Best to clear the air before anything unfortunate sat in, assuming it was the, ah, moaning that had got her. That part was always something that had stuck with her, even in Zeltiva it had been difficult to suppress.

"Its good that you are scared, fear keeps us from making terrible mistakes. However too much can paralyze one into inaction. Personal magic, especially reimancy, can be beyond beautiful and equally terrifying. Its because its so primal, it touches a part of your being and stimulates it. Reimancy feels good to use, it feels right, which is why it is dangerous. Some more... unfortunate examples of Reimancers can never stop once they start, I myself have indulged in its offered pleasure a few times though I can stop myself." Anna said at length.

"The key is to always remember, that no matter how good it feels Personal Magic is a tool. Its once you let it become your purpose that you've lost yourself." The woman explained.

The ironic thing here was that it wasn't Reimancy that had fractured her mind, rather it was Sahova itself. If it wasn't for Rhysol she wouldn't have any lucidity to her mind, her faith was the lifeline. It was a dark and horrific faith in the eyes of many but Rhysol had shown nothing but kindness and acceptance, understanding where no one else could. Casting, though risky with her fractured mind, was still pretty much just the same threat as in Zeltiva. Don't lose every measure of control, concentrate, keep her eyes on the target. The stakes were just higher now if she lost control.

Hmm... she had indeed miscalculated judging from the woman's stutter, nothing she couldn't reconcile most likely but still a little irritating. Really she should have saved this display for a later date, as right now it was likely she'd pushed the girl away or turned her off. Anna always fancied herself frightening, especially in the heat of casting, but she hadn't wanted this to be the result.

Well... petch me.

Anna was not used to providing physical comfort like this, petch she hadn't actually comforted someone like that for a long time. Velia had probably been the last one actually, most anything else had been in the heat of passion. Indeed she had screwed up, a minor setback but one that irked her all the same. Oh the joys of being a Chaon. Anna provided the girl with her hug, keeping it quick as something too long would be ill appropriate.

"I-gah. I am sorry if I frightened you overmuch, I tend to let loose at full power but I suppose I should have considered your feelings first. It was rude and inconsiderate of me so you have my apologies. I will understand perfectly if you want nothing to do with me any longer, no need to keep appointments on my account. Nor will I hold you to that favor promised." The sorceress said, her eyes meeting the ground in shame.

Wordlessly the tall woman gestured for the summoner to follow her back the way they came, her attitude a little more sorrowful than it had been previously. In truth she was not saddened but extremely frustrated, she had been so close but now she'd scared the girl a little too badly. Fantastic, just wonderful. She was really going to need to blow of some petching steam at some point soon. It wasn't long until the Citadel was back in sight and it was at the path leading upwards that Anna halted for a moment, turning her gaze to Felicia.

"If- If you do wish to actually see me again I'll wait for you tomorrow morning in the first floor of the Common Labs, at the workstation we borrowed supplies from." The woman said, giving Felicia time to respond before she set a path straight for the Citadel and from there would walk the girl to the Quarters.

OOCWell that should be my last post here, once you get yours up you can submit it for grading if you like. Also do you want me to start the next thread or should I? :)
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Felicia Gamora on December 13th, 2013, 8:10 pm

Fear was a good thing. Fear was an interesting thing. The fear of what might happen if the leash was removed is what kept the summoner from ever doing so. A deal to loosen the leash at all was hardly struck, except when Felicia was confident, and wanted to push herself. Such a thing would most likely have to be done at her Judgement in order to impress those who would allow the farm girl to be taken in as an apprentice. Much preparation still had to be done before that day came.

Anna explained reimancy in another way that yet again kept Fel thinking that she would never practice personal magics. Anything so terribly powerful was already something Felicia didn't want to be around, and the idea that it actually became addicting to use, even tempting you to throw yourself over the edge, that was something Felicia never planned on messing with. She would stick to her portals, animations, and glyphs. None of those felt so dangerous as attempting to manipulate the world around you. Animation was safe, so long as you don't make something that wants to kill you. Summoning was safe, so long as you weren't too unlucky and drew out something far too powerful for you to contain. Perhaps that's why Felicia was good with summoning, she was fairly lucky, and nothing too terrible had come through her portals so far.

"Personal magic was a tool? I think all magic is a tool" reciting this mentally, Felicia continued to listen to the reassurance that the sorceress was attempting to pour on her. Part of Felicia still wanted to trust Anna, to continue following her around like nothing was wrong, but the image of Anna while she was using her reimancy was too much for the summoner. It would be an image to haunt her for the rest of her life, something she would use to keep her own mind in check. Fel would have to remember and began reciting in her head over and over again, "No one here on this island wants to be nice. No one here will help me unless they have something to gain. I must be careful not to trust anyone blindly. Always watch yourself." Finishing her little mind chant put her a bit at ease, and a bit on edge. Anna really did want the summoner to succeed, but it wasn't just for the sake of the summoner. Felicia would always keep her eye out for herself, even if it looked like she was just the dumb new girl who could summon.

Traversing back through the forest and up to the citadel was a quite and long walk, until Anna broke the silence with her offer. Felicia considered for a moment, and concluding she still wanted to learn glyphing, she replied "Don't worry, I'll be there." With a light smile, she began following Anna again once the woman began to lead again.

Once they reached the citadel, the walking became neither easier nor harder. Thoughts came through the summoners head of what people might think about her following around this powerful reimancer. Another part of her mind felt at ease because they were finally back inside the walls, though that didn't offer much really in the ways of comfort. After finally making their way back to the quarters, Felicia gave a smile, and nod for thanks outside of her room. Turning she entered the small closet, laid herself down, and began to let terrible memories flow through her mind, absorbing every little detail from the day.

Felicia had decided to try and find new allies as well, since she had only been on this island for a few days, perhaps not everyone knew her face well enough yet, even better if they didn't know she was associated with Anna. Fel needed to keep her options open, and her back covered in case one of these friends fell through. Having multiple allies on the higher up could be very useful in helping the summoner climb to such ranks. Felicia even began to wonder who her teacher might be, since it didn't seem that there were many summoners on this island who were more proficient at the magic than herself, though she wasn't grand at it either. Surely there would be someone available to teach her the ways of the circles, there had to be at least one powerful summoner here right?

With plenty of things to mull over, Felicia would spend the greater part of the rest of her day on this pad, weighing options, playing out scenarios in her mind. Imagining Judgement day, the one where she would show how useful she could really be.
Felicia Gamora
The New Summoner

Words: 40610
Joined roleplay: November 30th, 2013, 10:16 am
Character sheet

Postby Wrenmae on January 9th, 2014, 5:02 pm

XP Award!

Annalisa:

XP Award:
  • +1 Meditation
  • +1 Observation
  • +3 Persusasion
  • +4 Subterfuge
  • +2 Reimancy
  • +2 Glyphing
  • +2 Teaching
  • +1 Drawing

Lore:
  • Felicia: New Pulsar and Summoner
  • Felicia: No combat magic
  • Felicia: Animator and Glypher
  • Felicia: From Kenash
  • Summoning: The leash
  • Felicia: New Ally

Notes: Well done. Love her internal monologues

Felicia:

XP Award:
  • +2 Observation
  • +4 Summoning
  • +1 Glyphing

Lore:
  • Annalisa Marin: Apprentice Wizard to Chief Embalmer Amaryllis
  • Annalisa Marin: Dabbles In Summoning
  • Annalisa Marin: Reimancer and Glypher
  • Annalisa Marin: Former Professor of Zeltiva University
  • Annalisa Marin: Manipulator and Powerful Reimancer
  • Sahova: Trust no one blindly or completely
  • Sahova: The Prairie
  • Sahova: Memory of a Secret Passageway
  • Summoning: Taking a Memory, Receiving a Memory
Notes: A lot more lores than skills...but some really important lores to have

Comments :
Well done all! This was a great thread...I can't wait to see how Felicia will develop from here on out. And Anna...you keep on manipulating you Apple of Rhysol's Eye

WRENMAE

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous