Completed Trivial Burdens

Travel back to the day Ricky met Natalie.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Trivial Burdens

Postby Ricky Maze on January 21st, 2014, 9:45 am

Trivial Burdens
Winter 10th 513 AV

Martin laid in Ricky's arms as he sat against against the wall with legs comfortably crossed on his bed, the boy made several peeps as he rested comfortably in the fisherman's embrace while Ricky felt at peace. Even if Telion had to go out and buy a few things the moments he spent with his son filled Ricky with completion as he watched over their child, already torn with the idea of leaving for work once again shortly after his wife should return. "He is cute you know. Definitely has your facial feature." The voice didn't come from simple air but from the face that only he could appear to see, as where only space resided next to him Ricky's eyes revealed the brunette to be as watchful as he was. There was no doubt interest in her eyes but more so curiosity, as she noticed right away at the sudden fracture within the wondrous smile only a father could hold."Now I know you wanted to be a daddy and all but... aren't you suppose to be smiling?" She brought on her remark in a teasing manner only he seemed to be able to understand, apparently Ricky could not however grasp at the joke or the intent behind it.

"Just why... why ya 'ere now?" It was asked with a soft tone in regard to the silence provided for Martin to sleep in, but the solemn regret within it proved that her appearance to him opened old wounds.

"Okay..." Natalie's sarcastic charm seem to wore away, as she slunk back against the wall as though the two just had another fight. "Do you remember when we first met?..."

"Like it was yesterday." He didn't bother to ask as to how this was relevent to her being with him now, but more so allowed his mind to wander back to the memory. The memory of the day that started their mess of a destructive relationship...

Summer 43rd, 506 AV

The day felt warm as Ricky and Odis walked down onto the beach just chimes away from the Cerulean Pier, the dog's tail wagged vigorously as he kept a circle around his master energetically. Ricky had kept to himself as usual save for the fact he needed fresh air and Odis needed exercise, however lately with the constant reminder of his loss still on his mind the fisherman felt rather down. Still hurt with the fact his father had been gone it always seemed difficult to really go out to the ocean that sidled up to his very home. Strange as it was for a Zeltivan to hold a fear over the sea Ricky couldn't help it, with such a huge vastness that longed to suck everything away into its vicinity he couldn't help his issue with getting nervous. As he continued to watch the sea he followed along the shore line until he bumped into someone, someone he didn't expect to be out here just like he was. The person had to be a woman as the high pitched yelp clearly gave that away, which led Ricky to react quickly in the attempt to do damage control.

"Oh shoyke! Oi'm so sorry lass, didn't see ya dere!" Ricky babbled nervously as he backed off with hands raised defensively, the brunette wide eyed as she looked at him startled.

"Ovek damn it! Don't ever scare me like that!"

"Look lass, Oi'm sorry gran' so! Oi didn't see ya dere cos Oi didn't watch where Oi was 'eadin'!"

"What, you just happen to be walking along and neglected to notice that I'm standing here?!"

"Ruff, ruff ruff!" Her reaction was led on by another startled look as she jumped out of her skin, a sharp look shot down at the dog that approached her excitedly with a wild tail wag. Ricky's heart pounded wildly as he found himself quickly nervous about this woman, but at least he could rely on his dog to take the spotlight when excitement was found in a situation.
Last edited by Ricky Maze on April 11th, 2014, 3:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Trivial Burdens

Postby Ricky Maze on January 22nd, 2014, 11:56 pm

Though excited and overly friendly to meet a new stranger Odis found that the woman's reaction to him was rather contrary to the normal interaction he usually received. Some people usually shied away while others found a sense of affection and greeted him, very little did anybody ever really seem annoyed or irritated at the dogs presence; yet this woman treated Odis as though he were something other than a dog. "Okay, what the petch is that thing?" Odis' excitement died down a little as he cocked his head to the side, curious as to why she would ask such a rather off question.

"What d'ya mean by 'what de petch is dat thing'? 'e's a damn dog for cryin' out loud!" The remark came off aggressively as Ricky defended his four legged best friend, but the brunette merely snickered in amusement.

"That's what you call a dog? I see a pure mutt right there."

"Harnnh?! Rurruff!" Odis definitely seemed to take some sort of offense with her words, but maybe had more to do with her pointing her finger at him while she spoke. Either way Ricky still went red with anger after she insulted his best friend.

"Now 'old de petch up doll! Ye got a bone t' peck wi' me den ya better peck it, but by al' means leave me damn dog out o' yer issues!"

"Oh my, looking you get all hot and heavy with me over a simple thing. Your dog must really love you," she held a snarky tone with him now, "I'll bet the two of you must cuddle with each other a lot when nappy time rolls around!"

"Damn straight we do cuddle, 'e's me only family Oi got left. Ain't no shame in bearin' dat kind o' love in a dog!" As Ricky snapped back the woman seemed to fall into a hysterical laugh with her arms wrapped around her sides, wildly amused at how quick he was to admit that he and Odis snuggle up to one another at times. "Go on den, laugh away. As out o' de blue as it may 'ave been for ye, it wasn't actually al' t'at petchin' funny now." His anger quickly diea out with a bit of a nervous chuckle to follow, a scratch at the back of his neck as he watched the girl continue to laugh away. Until finally it seemed to infect him as well, spread within his insides like a disease with no cure. "Actually... it was kinda funny, wasn't it." He admitted through small chuckles he tried to contain, until at last he broke down in a laugh he couldn't prevent as well. The both of them had somehow jumped from one random mood to the next, and yet strangely Ricky somehow felt he enjoyed it.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Trivial Burdens

Postby Ricky Maze on January 26th, 2014, 6:28 pm

After several chimes of laughing at one another had passed the woman finally got to where she leaned up to look at them, Ricky had to plant his hands on his knees to prop himself up after so much laughter and Odis... well the dog definitely sat there with curiosity full in his eyes. "So what exactly, you and that dog married or something?" She joked with a giggle to follow, both her and Ricky held entertained smiles.

"No, just brothers at best." His sides and belly hurt just a little from so much laughing, but then again it had been a good laugh he had needed in a real long time. Once he had straightened up he walked toward the lady and offered a hand to help her up, she of course didn't hesitate to take it and pull herself onto her feet. "I'm Ricky by de way, and my dog's name be Odis."

"Ricky and Odis huh? Interesting combination there." She started to walk backwards with eyes locked onto Ricky, a testive expression on her face as she did so.

"Well ain't ya gonna tell me yers?"

"Nope," she shook her head and giggled a little more, "catch me though and then I might tell you." She insisted as she turned around quickly to run off along the shore, Ricky raised an eyebrow in curiosity as he watched her run. For a moment he was lost and confused, wondered as to why he would want to chase after her. She seemed to like games he knew that much, as for Ricky though he harldy ever played much of them. Finally he just gave up on considering it and gave in, he felt in the mood and was curious; so why not chase after her?

"Git 'er boy!" He encouraged as he took off after her, Odis who waited for his master to say something first, quickly followed the order and took off with Ricky. Now they were after the brunette who had gotten some distance between them, but wouldn't remain far for very long now that both dog and fisherman were on the chase.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Trivial Burdens

Postby Ricky Maze on February 2nd, 2014, 6:26 am

"Ruar ruar!" Odis got ahead of Ricky now and almost past the woman as the fisherman was only a few feet behind her, he could hear her laugh while she ran as though she enjoyed the fun she was having. Finally at not much of a distance left he found himself right behind her just as Odis passed her to get around and in front of her, of course with this motive her initial reaction was surprise at how the dog moved so quickly and then she came to a quick stop that left Ricky in a temporary panic. He'd picked up too much momentum to avoid tackling her from behind, yet he didn't wish to do so as it would very well cause injury if he didn't do something to prevent it. Thus Ricky saw only one way to avoid the risk of injury while at the same time allow him to slow down, and that was to grab her into his arms and hopefully twist her around in one motion as to gain some footing.

Yet of course his plan obviously worked against him not long after he opened his arms to snag her, she'd spun around and yelped in surprise at how sudden Ricky had swooped in. Thus the two fell over together as Ricky failed in the attempt to keep his footing, and he could only make sure the woman fell over onto him to have a more cushioned fall. She however only rolled over and off of him and laughed as he groaned for a moment, and shortly after he looked to see she had a wide grin on her face, he too joined in on the laughter as Odis ran around them and took to get in a few slobbery wet kisses from both parties. After the fun and excitement died down Ricky finally got Odis to sit next to him and rub along the dogs spine while they two started to speak once again. "So I guess I owe you that name huh?"

"Not unless ya want us t' play chase s'more."

"No thanks, I'd rather avoid being ambushed by you and your dog again." She joked with a giggle. "You can call me Natalie."

"Natalie huh? S'not a bad name." He teased with a glance to Odis.

"Yeah, well Ricky's not so terrible either." She mused with legs wrapped within her arms, a friendly sort of expression on her face as Ricky chuckled. There was more conversation to follow then, more based on questions that pertained to their lifestyles. Ricky kept some of his personal life to himself but did tell quite a little bit about him being a fisherman, and of course he learned that in turn Natalie grew up in Zeltiva just like he did but with a proper education. Once it reached to the topic of their parents she didn't hide the fact she was very rebellious compared to the image she held on to for them, and in turn Ricky finally gave in and told her the story of his father and how he came to be lost at sea. She held a bit of a sorry look as she tried to understand his situation, but only imagination could truly help her comprehend the feelings Ricky had since then.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Trivial Burdens

Postby Matthew on April 11th, 2014, 12:40 am

Ricky

Experience Points:

• 1 Observation
  • 1 Flirting
  • 2 Running

Lores:

• Child Rearing: The Basics of Raising a Baby Boy
  • Emotion: Holding Your Child
  • Flirting: How Scary it Can Be

Additional Notes :
I feel like I have a nice understanding of Ricky's history! His wife, child, and father at least.

If you have any questions or concerns relevant to your grade, don't be afraid to send me a private message so that we can work it all out! Please remember to mark your Grading Request as Graded.

A shout-out to Ollic Rimesage, who was kind enough to make this template for me.
Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)