PM to join Orphans Day (Shiress)

Ryia visits the orphanage and meets Shiress for the first time

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Orphans Day (Shiress)

Postby Ryia Brock on January 31st, 2014, 5:54 pm

Timestamp Winter 33rd 513 AV

It was Orphans Day, the day set aside for the children of the city, it didn't matter how they lost their family or who their family had been, they were all seen too here and this day was theirs. There were many children at the Welcome Home center and a lot of them would be there until they came of age. Ryia was lucky, the Brock family was strong throughout Syliras and she had always felt sheltered and loved. There was also the closeness that she shared with her father, mother, and both of her sisters. For the young squire, being without a family was a nightmare that she didn't wish to live.

She arrived at the Welcome home early that afternoon looking to help out in anyway that she could. However her reasons hadn't been completely selfless. The teenager wanted to see Yoran again. The little boy that she had found lost, wondering the market on her first day of patrol. He lived in the orphanage, and during a stroll into the market, he had gotten separated from his class. Luckily someone had seen where they went and Ryia was able to reunite them easily.

Often the squire had wondered how he was doing, but with her duties, she didn't have much time to go and see him. But today she had been given leave to rest and decided that this would be a good time to go and see him, and lend a hand as best she could. Walking towards the building, she noticed that it had been decorated for the event. Fresh flowers had been arranged on the outside near the benches and on opposite sides of the doors. There were people standing around chatting, and children in the mix.

Beyond the porch, she could see on the inside where more children were playing. So far she hadn't spotted Yoren, but she knew he was there somewhere. Ryia stood near the entrance, her long, blonde hair loose and combed neatly. The squire wore a white blouse, with a brown corset on top. Black tights shielded her legs from the cold, and knee-high boots kept her feet and calves warm. She was at a lost now, unsure of what to do now that she had arrived. There were so many people and the girl had no idea who was in charge.

Ryia Brock
The Next Mage Knight - Believe it

Words: 59648
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2013, 7:31 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Orphans Day (Shiress)

Postby Shiress on February 7th, 2014, 2:50 pm

An old, worn out wagon pulled and screeched to a halt and Shiress lowered herself to the street. Waving her thanks to the driver she stepped around and pulled several trays, each covered with a cloth and stack atop the other, from the back.

All morning the cook, Rondo Vustakoff, had been baking the delicious goodies and filling the Stallion with a blissfully sweet scent. Fruit tarts and fritters, honey and lemon cake squares and cookies, cookies, and more cookies. The bartender's belly ached and growled with the desire to sample each one, but she dare not, lest she face cook Ron's wrath, who gave strict orders that "Each and every one of those desserts better reach the orphanage untouched by the likes of you." Though, Shiress did wonder how the cook would know if she swiped just one cookie, but then again, somehow that cook always knew things she didn't want him to.

Shiress carefully situated the trays within the bend of her arm and stepped away from the wagon just has it pulled away. On her way to the entrance she passed several people milling around outside, but at present, no one was heading for the door in which she was hoping would be held open for her. Turning around she scanned for a prime candidate, but only one seemed less engaged in conversation than the others.

A young, blonde girl who was seemingly awaiting for someone to arrive, or quite possibly, awaiting something to do, was standing near by "Excuse me, ma'am?" she called, a crooked smile lifting the corner of her lips as her shoulder motioned toward the entrance "would you mind getting the door for me?"

Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Orphans Day (Shiress)

Postby Ryia Brock on February 9th, 2014, 8:46 pm

Ryia wasn't a go getter, and was as uncertain as she was timid, but she wanted to help and she also wanted to break free of this shell people said that she was in. But they didn't know, they didn't understand what an encounter with a malevolent spirit could do to someone, especially if that person was a child. The young squire had come along way since those days, but she still wasn't as open and sassy like Dimia, or bold and outspoken like Helena.

The teenager had been standing by the entrance for chimes, seemingly off in her own world. Her hands were clasped together behind her back, and she looked from left to right and back around, hoping to spot someone she knew, or someone who might see her standing in wait. After another moment of standing around doing nothing, Ryia started to look for the boy again. During their first meeting, she didn't get to really talk with him or learn anything about him. The event opened her young eyes to the plight of the orphans in the city, and the hardships that they had to endure.

In a way, she felt almost responsible for being apart of the crowd that had left them so alone and forgotten. Deep down she knew that wasn't true, but it didn't stop her from feeling like she should have done more. Family was everything to her, a life without them seemed unbearable. Ryia finally decided to move and seek out someone who could either tell her how she could help, or at least show her to Yoran.

She turned around when a voice called out to her, and she thought that someone had finally noticed her. A woman stood a pace away, carrying an arm full of desserts. She looked young, probably around the same age as her eldest sister Helena. "Yes, of course.." the teenager sprung into action and pushed herself against the door and shoved it backwards far enough for the woman to get inside. Following behind her, the young squire smiled weakly and held out her arms. "Allow me to help?"

If the woman would agree, Ryia would help her to take the load further into the building. It wasn't long before they were greeted by a woman with bright red hair and an even brighter smile. "Hello and welcome to you both. Are these the desserts that Vustakoff sent? Perfect, right this way." The woman was quick in speech and even faster in walking. She led them further back into a room with a long table that was mostly filled with foods of all sorts. Ryia looked back and forth between the woman that she came in with and the one leading them around. She wasn't sure what else to do or say at the moment.

Aenysa smiled at them both, seeming very happy to see them. "Good, this is all very good. So are you both staying? I could really use a hand around here, the children can be a hand full. Ryia nodded that she would help, finally finding someone to give her something to do. She then glanced at Shiress to see what she would do. After they answered Aenysa clapped her hands together and bounced in place. "Good, so do you want to help the children with their paints or with the garden?"

Ryia Brock

Character sheet

Orphans Day (Shiress)

Postby Shiress on February 14th, 2014, 6:31 pm

Shiress nodded her appreciation to the young beauty and leaned forward, allowing her to take the top tray from her arms. "Thank you very much" she said and followed her through the door.

The walls within the orphanage were decorated for the days events, but Shiress found herself enjoying the residents artwork that trailed the long walls as she walked along. Smiling at some, giggling at others and having to squint to make out a few, the girl was thoroughly amused with all the drawings. One in particular caught her eye: A knight standing atop a green hill, his gold armor shining in the rays of the sun and blade held high above his head, proclaiming victory it seemed. Standing around the knight were several figures, their wrist encircled by grey bracelets with the chains connecting the wrists cut. Shiress stopped and moved a bit closer to the drawing. Below the knight, down the hill, lay several bodies in pools of bright red. On the bottom of the page read the title of the drawing along side the signature of the artist

No More Slavery, by Nichalos P.

Shiress arched a brow "I'd like to meet this Nicholas P" she whispered, her eyes studying the picture once more before she stepped away. It didn't take long to catch up to the girl and Shiress slid in beside her just as another woman approached the two, barely giving either one a chance to speak before she led them off. "energetic one isn't she?" commented Shiress, glancing over her shoulder to the girl "I'm Shiress, by the way."

Before long the two were led to the dining hall. Shiress' green eyes grew wide as she placed the tray down among the others. "have you ever seen so much food? And look at all the sweets!" If the bartender had not planned on sticking around, her mind had most definitely changed. "Sure, I'll help out" she replied, eyes still wide and planted on all the goodies "at least til supper time" she added in a mumble, shooting the young blonde a toothy grin.

Shiress gave the woman's options a quick thought before a wide smile spread across her lips "Oh! The garden, please!" and as the woman turned, she swiped a cookie from the tray, holding it between her teeth as she swiped another for the girl, offering it to her with a wink. The pair followed Aenysa down through a corridor and out a rear door that spilled them out onto a grassy back yard. Along the grass were situated groups of children awaiting instruction with buckets, small shovels and smiles on every face. "this will be interesting" Shiress said, nudging her companion with her shoulder "I have a few tricks up my sleeve"

Pants leg, I should say

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Orphans Day (Shiress)

Postby Ryia Brock on February 20th, 2014, 8:32 pm

Ryia nodded as she looked to Shiress then back to the woman. She really was a hyper person, but that's what the kids deserved, someone who could go all day and keep up with them easily enough. The teenager had her own energy, but it was placed more in her training and practicing of magic than in her personality. The woman's name was Shiress, and for some reason the name seemed exotic to Ryia, giving the woman an air of mystery about her. "It's nice to meet you Shiress. I'm Ryia..Brock."

She hesitated on telling Shiress her last name, unsure if she would know about her family. Sometimes it was better when people didn't, or at least when they didn't know who she was. It made life easier and allowed her to just be herself without the weight of her family's name on her shoulders. In the dinning hall, she looked on at the food as Shiress did and smiled a giggle at her excitement. "It does look very good, but I couldn't eat half of it." Ryia had a small stomach and she didn't eat as much as others, when it came to foods or sweets.

The young squire smiled when Shiress said that she would stay and help them out, she didn't know the woman but she could sense that she had a kind heart. Suddenly the day was looking brighter and Ryia was no longer thinking that she had made a big mistake in coming. She had been thinking to herself when she noticed Shiress swipe two cookies for them. The woman must have been really hungry if she really couldn't wait.

Ryia took the cookie with a silent thank you, then slipped it into her mouth. The crunch must have been loud because the very moment that she dug her teeth into the cookie Aenysa turned back and looked at her. A very faint blush rose over her cheeks and she knew that she was busted. "Dinner will be here soon enough, and you're both very welcomed to stay." Aenysa smiled at them both, and continued on. Once they were outside at the garden, the teenager looked around at all the smiling children and their buckets.

"They all look so happy, this will be a lot of fun. Are you good with this type of thing?" It didn't matter to her which Shiress had picked and she was no more an artist than she was a gardener. Ryia nodded to follow Shiress' lead and waited to see what the woman would do next. In the mean time she looked around for the boy, hoping that he would be near by.

Ryia Brock

Character sheet

Orphans Day (Shiress)

Postby Shiress on February 23rd, 2014, 6:49 pm

Smiling knowingly, Shiress glanced sidelong at the girl "You can say that I have a gift with this type of thing" she commented, returning her eyes to the grassy, enclosed area before them. "Lets go there." Lifting her arm, she pointed in the direction of where several children sat huddled together, patiently awaiting instruction, and stepped forward to lead the way.

Moving up beside the children, Shiress met the upturned, young eyes with a smile "Hey guys, mind if my friend and I have a seat?" Without a word spoken, a little, white haired girl scooted over and patted the earth beside her. Shiress lowered herself down beside the girl, allowing enough room for Ryia to sit, and pulled her legs criss-crossed before her. "My name is Shiress" she offered, studying the three small faces around her. "what are your names and tell me how old you are?" The little girl, the first to offer up a spot, was the first to speak "My name is Samantha and I am five!" she replied, her light blue eyes wide with pride. The next to answer was sitting opposite Ryia, a little boy whose red hair seemed the reddest Shiress had ever seen. "I'm Michael" he replied, glancing up with big green eyes "and I'm only eight" Shiress smiled, noting the boys less than enthusiastic response. " Eight?" she feigned a gasp "Well then, you're almost a man grown! Michael liked that and glanced away with a shy smile, his cheeks aglow. "And who are you, young lady?" asked Shiress, tapping the knee of the dark haired girl before her. The girl lifted her eyes and only smiled, blinking. "She don't talk much. She's real shy." offered Samantha "Her name is Maddy and I think she is eleven."

Shiress smiled at Maddy, tilting her head "Well, that's ok. I'm shy too" The bartenders gaze lingered on the silent girl a tick, before turning to Ryia to allow her to introduce herself.

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Orphans Day (Shiress)

Postby Ryia Brock on March 3rd, 2014, 10:19 pm

It was good that at least one of them knew what they were doing otherwise they might end up being in the way rather than helping out. "A gift it is then, ok. Could you maybe help me to understand it? Because I think I might have been better to hand out cake or drinks." Ryia followed Shiress to the group of kids all seated together. The young squire was a little surprised and her eyes were being opened. She had no idea that there were so many children in the city without families.

Such sweet children, and she offered them a smile as she sat between them and next to Shiress. The woman seemed to know what she wanted to do and Ryia was happy to follow along and help as much as she could. The kids were all sweet and she listened to their names and put them in her memory. There was one that seemed shy as the other kids said, but Ryia didn't think of it that way. She wondered if the girl had a harder life than the rest and that was why she was withdrawn. "It's nice to meet you all. My name is Ryia."

The teenage squire smiled and turned her gaze to her new friend and waited for her instructions. "So, how do we start?" She waited to hear what Shiress would say, but her mind was also on the girl that didn't speak. She would help her if she could and in the least try and brighten her day. A tap on her shoulder brought her attention behind her, and she turned to see a familiar young boy standing there looking at her. "Yoren, I'm glad to see you."

Before she could say more, the boy threw himself at her, and almost knocked her flat on her back. Ryia cradled her legs and steadied herself for balance. She hugged the boy gently and laughed out of surprise that he was so happy to see her again. "Oh Yoren, I was hoping to meet you again. How have you been?" The boy smiled and nuzzled her cheek and worked his way into her lap to snuggle her. "Miss Ryia. I'm so glad that you came. I told all my friends about you!" The young squire could only blush at this and looked up to Shiress and giggled. "Yoren, I want you to meet a friend of mine. Her name is Shiress."

Ryia Brock

Character sheet

Orphans Day (Shiress)

Postby Ball on March 19th, 2014, 12:34 pm

And the grades come rolling in.

Overall Comments
Such a beautiful thread, tearful to see the orphans but I love the help and care ya'll had for them. I wish I could give more out, but alas this thread wasn't very long.

Any questions/concerns, please PM me

Shiress
Experience Points.
Socialization+1

Lores.
  • Yoren: Orphan Friend to Ryia

Ryia Brock
When you return, please PM for the grade in regards to this thread if you would like it! Thanks.

Template Credit: Edric Wingard
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes