Closed Familiar Faces (Fallon)

Its a blast from the past!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Familiar Faces (Fallon)

Postby Annalisa Marin on February 13th, 2014, 8:17 pm

78th of Winter, 513 AV

Anna strode through the Sahovan Quarters easily and with confidence if every movement. The dark haired woman looked immaculate, a far cry from the starving and broken eyed pulsers that normally dwelled here. The Sorceress was dressed in her fine black silk robes this day, purple trimmings only further adding to the regality of her appearance. Her long black hair was done up in a high ponytail, her body was filled out and fed and bore no traces of starvation. The only crack one might notice in the appearance were the dark circles that ringed her eyes, speaking of lack of sleep.

The Quarters were as quiet and rather vacant as ever, only occasionally did she pass a Nuit or pulser apprentice who provided her some difference when they noticed the silver ring wrapped around her right ring finger. It was a source of pride really, the sigil of a burning scroll displayed so prominently and proudly. It was also as much a restraint to Sahova as a Kelvic collar might be, binding her to the island of undead and marking her as a resource of the Citadel more valuable the Apprentices. Anna noted that fact with some bitterness in her heart, having grown too loath the Nuit for everything they had done to her.

Sahova, it had changed her, she hated to admit it but it had changed who she was and twisted it even further. It had snatched away much of her humanity, much of her passion, and replaced it with a longing empty feeling that she desperately wanted to fill. Thankfully, Rhysol was there to fill that void; the longer she stayed here the more her faith in him was solidified. She loved him really, looked to him as a daughter might their father. He was indeed much like a father in her eyes, having taken her into his arms and shown her the truth.

Anna shook herself from her thoughts and continued to walk through the Quarters, her eyes scanning this way and that. She often walked the halls of the Quarters, searching for someone that might be twisted into the fold of Rhysol or become a potential ally. In Sahova, one could never have too many allies as long as they were equal or lesser in power to one’s own power. Anna had relationships with those of higher sway than she, they had certainly been rather binding to her all things considered. Amaryllis held a chain around her former apprentice’s neck, Anna owed her a favor of any form or type and that vague threat held over her head was enough to keep her in line.

As she passed another pulser a pang of something flared in her mind as she caught a brief glimpse of her face, memories that seemed another world away flaring in her mind. Cramped bunks, another woman sharing room with her and a rather interesting accent all things considered. She couldn’t be here could she? What was it lately with people from her past appearing on Sahova? It was rather maddening really and somewhat irritating, didn’t they know the dangers of Sahova and the horrors it held?

The Sorceress would turn on the spot and stare after the shorter woman for a moment, she had gotten a mere glimpse of her face and though her back certainly fit the vague memory of that woman it was still a longshot. Really, she could end up looking a fool for calling out to her and being wrong in her assumptions. Then again, she was a Wizard of rank so a little embarrassment for a mix up of identity wouldn’t kill her.

“Fallon? Fallon Skylar? Is that you?” Anna inquired.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Familiar Faces (Fallon)

Postby Fallon on February 16th, 2014, 6:01 pm

Fallon was lurking, if it could even be called that. It was more patrolling what she could get into, exploring and familiarising herself with the lay out, checking for the quick ways our and where to escape if need be. She did not feel safe here, and it was that same nagging insecurity that kept her awake during the night. Blinking Fallon opened her notebook, the entire spine bent round on itself and the ink vial of ink carefully locked between her fingers. For a while she simply paced, the sound of the scratching nib as the thin straight lines were drawn. It began as a large square, which then had the shaking hand drag down another series of lines to mark the corridor she was presently going down.

Eyes narrowed in focus, her teeth chewing at her lip out of habit as she scratched at it, before blowing and willing it to dry. She had to know, she had to learn and understand what was about. Where to stay away from, where to hide and avoid detection, and most importantly; where was most safe. Yawning, she blinked away the lethargy of sleep. Her mind was slowed as it was, the oppressive weight of the island pressing on her mind that kept her lying awake at night. How long would it take for them to realise? How long would it take for him to find her again? It was a dangerous game hovering right under their nose, but so far it seemed that none noticed. Not yet at least.

And then someone behind her said her name.

Fear was the first thing that struck in her mind, her entire back straightened out the moment it left her lips. Hands clenched instinctively, a deep breath forced out between clenched teeth. She just had to compose herself, to find that mindset of calm. How did they know her name? Had she given it out without thought? There was the grounds keeper that knew it, but she doubted it would have spread about the other members of the citadel so quickly. Maybe it was one of his apprentices? Or maybe it was him in another body, an older, female one by the sounds of things.

Clicking her neck the mercenary pivoted round, shoulders rolling back as she presented herself. Almost as if standing to attention the book went behind her back, the quill and ink quickly following suit. And whilst for a long few ticks she simply stared at the speaker, it took the best part of a chime to link the once familiar face to a name. Surprise swept over, her brow lifting and the steady rock upon her heels. Eyes narrowed for a moment, the trickle of memories growing up into a flood. She faltered in speaking, her head cocking to one side. Fallon took a step closer, the questioning tilt of uncertainty masking her form. And whilst she slinked closer, thinking and studying, did she finally answer the question, "Yes... that is me."

She cleared her throat, "Annalisa? What in petch's name are you doing here? You got your noggin' screwed on right?" And then she gave a curl of the lips, "You look older."
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Familiar Faces (Fallon)

Postby Annalisa Marin on February 17th, 2014, 1:52 am

Anna's eyes shot wide at the recognition, almost not actually believing that she had gotten her guess right though it did please her shallowly that Sahova had not so dulled her memories. Her pale lips curled upwards in a slight grin at Fallon's greeting, her steps bringing her just a bit closer. Normally she was hardly pleased to see people she knew on Sahova, due to how petching horrific it was. Fallon's presence here was more a pleasant surprise, since for all she knew the woman was not a wizard and thus had not reason to Apprentice here. Hopefully, Anna would really rather not see another person she knew swallowed up by Sahovan horror.

"I could ask you the same thing, I'm afraid Sahovan literature is all in the Ancient Tongue and frightfully dull. There is more call for my, what did you so colloquially refer to them as, squiggles that the eye of a lover of books." Anna said, poking fun at her field of study back at the University.

"Also, speak for yourself, I look as radiant and full of life as the day we first met. An accomplishment after having been living here for some time no?" The sorceress said, a mock frown finding its way to her face as she looked down at Fallon.

Her false expression held itself for only a moment before a chuckle escaped her lips and she offered her hand to her old acquaintance, the hand bearing a silver ring with the sigil of a burning scroll on her ring finger. If the other woman accepted the Sorceress would offer it a lively shake before detaching herself from Fallon, her usually arrogant and prideful smirk falling on her face. Her mannerisms were a far cry different than they had been back then, as now she bore a certain regality about her movements and an articulate edge to her speech.

Idly she smoothed out her fine black robes, tucking her arms in the voluminous sleeves and nodding down the hall. It was an indication that perhaps they could walk together for a bit, perhaps chatting as they did. Anna was still pondering over what could have brought Fallon to this forsaken island of all places, but no doubt she could find out quickly enough with some poking and prodding.

"Care to take a stroll, my old friend? Sahova seems less lonely and cold when its in friendly company, trust me on that." Anna said, chuckling a bit at the end there.

"So, how have you been? I lost track of you after you left the University, m'dear." Anna remarked, opting for small talk to get things started off.

The sorceress hadn't seen this woman in a while, though her mind was already working in plots depending on why she was here. Anna had certainly become something more since last the pair had met, no doubt Fallon could say the same. Sahova and Rhysol had changed her, though Anna preferred this change to those that could have been enacted. She could have been dead, or without her lord's favor, at least she still had her life and her purpose. As long as she had those she knew in her heart of hearts that she would continue to thrive.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Familiar Faces (Fallon)

Postby Fallon on February 20th, 2014, 11:01 pm

Fallon cracked a smile, "I'll be the judge on the boredom. Anyway, I thought you could read it to me and tell me a lovely ancient story. And yes, damned right it's an accomplishment. I guess they didn't sell the dead man package to you that well then?"

The teasing tone only hovered there for a while, a steady approach over to the woman. Not a lot had changed when it came to Fallon, the accent remained the same, rough and from nowhere in particular. She looked tired of course, more worn and weathered, but distinctly more matured not only in step but in stance. But whilst Anna had become something, Fallon herself - at least to her mindset - had failed to do so. She continued only to drift, honing her skills in combat and sharpening her mind. For a moment Fallon looked down to the extended hand, her brow creasing at it. She hesitated, her brow easing into one of almost disapproval before the gloved hand reached forward and clasped it. Nothing was said to the ring, but her eyes spoke for her.

Withdrawing, the mercenary gave a respectful nod, her hands slipping back to her notebook and ensured it was firmly shut. Her eyes only followed the nod of the head, her eyes tracing on down the corridor before gently she made her way after the wizard. She did not look upon Anna, it was difficult to. To think she had allowed herself to become married to the island, what had driven her to such a decision? What madness consumed her? Her chin lifted only slightly, her face becoming smothered in thought to the questioning of Anna.

"I know. I have been here before. With much less... living company," her brow formed a line, her nostrils flaring. Even the scars upon her back twitched, the dull throbbing memory. How long would it be before that noose tightened around her neck? Even her fingers rubbed at her throat. Being here was a dangerous game, but it was one she must play for now. No, keep it clean, keep it simple, don't leave much room for prying. Anna was one of them now after all.

"Busy, here and there, travelling a lot," she gave a nonchalant shrug, "Went up to Nyka then Syliras, then this way." Eyes flickered up to Anna, "It's a bad habit, I lose track of a lot of people when I move on. Ties break, and sometimes they reform." There was the gentle beat of steps, the faint clink of the kukri upon her back. She did not go anywhere without it, especially in the case of Sahova. No one - living or otherwise - could be trusted here. And it was that deep set paranoia that kept Fallon on her guard. Tense almost, "I did settle for a while, but it was not for me. Too much energy and too much to see. So, I made a move again. And here I am." Licking her lips she became more direct, "I guess it was a matter of time before you ended up here. You and your glyphing must have gotten you far. That or you were bored and fancied a change in scene. Which one? Or do I have to flip a miza to guess?"
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Familiar Faces (Fallon)

Postby Annalisa Marin on February 22nd, 2014, 7:44 pm

Anna had noticed the slight shift in Fallon's expression when her eyes had fallen upon her ring, almost looking disapproving. The tall woman opted not to comment on the look, knowing that she was much the same way when she actually got to thinking about the ring of a Wizard. Really, it might as well have been a silver collar around her neck, chaining her to this island where the undying ruled. They ruled for now, until Rhysol's holy dominion was claimed on the wretched place. She would see it done, regardless of how long it took she would lay low Silverheart, the Council, the Archwizard, and all who dared oppose Rhysol. That was why she had so bound herself, all for him, though she knew Fallon couldn't possibly understand that.

The sorceress had a shadow cross her face as Fallon spoke of being here before and of the company shared. The other woman didn't need to say anything else, her own mind had long been marred by the horrors of Sahova. Any pulser could sympathize with their fellows, knowing how terrible their lot was. Anna had been fortunate in a twisted way, Amaryllis had helped her through the hardships and molded her into the Wizard she was today. If it hadn't been for her... the sorceress really didn't want to think of what might have happened.

Fallon spoke of her travels as they walked through the Quarters, drawing a snort of amusement from Anna. It somehow did not surprise Anna that Fallon had become a bit of a drifter, she could imagine the other woman had learned much. Her expression darkened ever so slightly at the mention of Syliras, the vindictive anger in her heart towards Sylir flaring slightly before dying quickly. If Fallon had been there, that was a matter of some great interest. Know thy enemy they often say.

"As amusing as it would be to have you figure out what happened by flipping a Miza, I'll save you the trouble. It was a bit of both really, I gained a position as a Professor at the University however I was... irritated by the restrictions placed upon magic. So I left after hearing about Sahova from a former inhabitant. Its certainly been rough, but it fits me rather well I'd say." Anna said as she started down a flight of stairs that would lead to the ground floor of the Quarters.

"The food is dreadful of course, and most of my fellow living on this island wouldn't know a scroll sigil if it slapped them in the face, however its one of the few places where magic is relatively unrestricted. I'll get back to you on if the trade off is worth it." Anna said, smirking back at Fallon in amusement.

She would lead them down a side passage, one that lead away from the Courtyard and was a longer route to the Gug Andjak. Being here on Sahova for so long helped familiarize passages for one, besides the Courtyard was rather unnerving to most. Anna was perfectly fine with it, however that probably stemmed from her adoptive daughter being a ghost.

"So, being that you have already experienced Sahovan hospitality I have to wonder why you returned? Or did the place grow on you? Most that leave probably are not in any hurry to return after all." Anna inquired.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Familiar Faces (Fallon)

Postby Fallon on February 26th, 2014, 9:17 pm

It was pleasant to have someone listen for a change, a different pace in which things came about. And whilst Fallon spoke there was only the sounds of amusement from the wizard that walked by her side. Perhaps it was one thing to entertain, or perhaps it was a final accepting of what Fallon was like. Travelling, sporadic and driven to seeing things. Tired eyes flickered back and forth, firstly up to Anna, then about where ever they were walking. Feet remembered the foot fall, the features and the narrow turns in the Quarters leading off in different directions.

There was only a respectful nod to the woman as they continued, but the eyes remained fixed ahead. With the gentle bob in her step, Fallon carefully returned to her book and her gentle scrawling - or at least as best as she could at this pace. Quick notes, the tiny numbers of what floor they were upon and some common occurrences when they did arise. Restrictions was her drive, that feeling of being able to do so little. Understandable, no one accepted magic truly. It was something that could turn in an instant, be a cure or a curse. Heavy consequences and the scorn of many who knew - it was what Fallon never spoke of her own abilities accept to the rare few who managed to witness them in action.

"If Sahova is anything like last time," she pulled a face of thought, "Well, rough is an understatement. Or at least it was from my perspective. Rather grim too." Shaking her head she followed the wizard down a side passage, the long wobbling line of ink marking it out upon the page. Fallon released a mumble, "Where are we heading? I get lost easily here."

The question, if anything was expected. Why return to such a place? Well, magic and becoming an apprentice certainly was not one of them. And if it was not for getting herself into some form of trouble. There was Egyptus of course, but to admit that would only open up space for exploitation. So, it was seeking a middle ground option that would keep her in the clear.

"Business," Fallon gave a tired frown, "That is my reason for being here, some strange twisted sense of work and duty." Eyes once more flickered up to Anna, her lips pursing into a line, "With all respect it is not something I would like to discuss. Client confidentiality and all." She gave a wink, the last part having lifted into a teasing tone, "I can assure you, if I could I would jump onto the next ship out of here. But, alas, work will always take me to strange and unusual places." Keep it light, keep it humorous, and pray not too much is given away. None can be trusted here, "Good thing I don't mind travelling eh?"

Playfully, Fallon gave a nudge to Anna and promptly snapped her head back in the direction they were heading, "If it's food your worried about and you feel some cravings, I can always slide tea your way. Specially imported from Sunberth I have you know." Her lips broke into a curl, "Still, good to know that you're in one piece. Even with your proper lady accent. Hate to break it, but I prefer the old Zeltivan one."
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Familiar Faces (Fallon)

Postby Annalisa Marin on March 4th, 2014, 2:48 pm

A slight shadow fell over Anna’s face at Fallon’s response, her mind flashing to that moment in the Caverns where she had nearly lost her memories. Rough was indeed an understatement, to have her memories torn from her mind as she was forced to simply stand by helpless to stop it. That petching laughter still haunted her darkest nightmares, those eyes gleaming in the darkness as they gleefully tore her to pieces. That was only one of the many terrors she had experienced in her relatively short time on Sahova, things that had her waking up thrashing and screaming. Anna knew they would likely follow her for the rest of her life, one did not easily forget such things unfortunately.

“We are heading to the Gug Andjak, figure it is as good a place as any. Don’t worry about getting lost; I was the same way for a long while. Trust the Nuit to make things overly complex for us mere mortals eh?” The tall woman replied, some trace of bitterness lacing her tone and showing a slight crack in the mask.

It was accurate to say that she absolutely hated the Nuit and their sense of superiority, that their long lives somehow made them untouchable. Anna knew that was not the case, she knew how very weak they were when faced with a pulser that possessed true power. Despite all their centuries of work and research Anna stood far above so many of them at only just over two decades, her power and skill prodigal. Petch their immortality, it did them little good in the end and as far as Anna was concerned any pulser could match a Nuit with the right drive.

Anna noted Fallon’s rather tight lipped response regarding her business here, her interest piqued to some small degree. There were not many who would willingly come to Sahova and Anna had to wonder just how important this business was to warrant Fallon to return to a place like Sahova. Anna personally would have jumped at the ability to leave, a freedom of choice that had been snatched from her in her blind grasping for power. Truly the saying that power was a cage applied on Sahova, for the silver ring around her right ring finger might as well have been a collar. What a twisted family she now had, a ghostly daughter and an undead citadel taken as her partner.

The trademark smirk was back on her face as Fallon teased at her playfully, eliciting a slight chuckle from Anna as she briefly allowed herself to be deluded. To hold to the idea that there was something that mattered in her past, that she could ever hold a form of friendship or companionship without twisting it. It was a lie, a horrible and mind bending lie that she wanted to believe but knew that to believe it would make her weak. Everyone was a tool; she couldn’t have friends anymore as they were weakness’ that could be exploited. The tall sorceress swallowed that Sahovan truth like the bitter pill it was and responded to Fallon.

“That is indeed fortunate; I cannot say I myself am fond of travelling really. The boat ride from Zeltiva was just terrible honestly, we ran into a couple of storms on the way here. Sahova might be a bit brutal all things considered but I’ll take it over cramped sea quarters any day.” Anna responded in turn, heading up another flight of stairs.

“Tea you say? Well, whatever goods they have in Sunberth they are no doubt better than what one can find here. It is good to see you are fine as well, though I fear you’ll find me more changed than just the accent m’dear.” The sorceress said, her tone honeyed as she led them into the ground floor of the Gug Andjak.

It was two days before the Judgment so naturally the Common Labs were a bustle of activity, pulsers and Nuit alike scrambling to and fro with this or that project. Anna herself strode through the labs easily a brief glance at her ring prompting a number of apprentices to give her some space. The sorceress settled down at a work station with a pair of chairs, reclining back in one and allowing her eyes to fall back upon Fallon with an upturn of her lips.

“It is not normally so busy, the Judgment two days from now has the new prospects in a frenzy to try and prove themselves. If you can, I’d suggest trying to sit in on it on the 80th. It’s quite the spectacle really.” Anna suggested.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Familiar Faces (Fallon)

Postby Fallon on March 15th, 2014, 4:46 pm

“Gug And-jack?” she gave a blink to make sure she had not misheard or worse yet mispronounced it, ”You’re right on the Nuits, they do like their mazes.” Her brow gave a frown in response, her eyes looking ahead before once more she tried to make some semblance of notes. There was the bad scrawling of ‘Gud Andjak’, and then her head craned up to Anna once more.

Of course, Fallon did not know what machinations went on in the mind of the Wizard. She did not know of the fate that fell upon her or the torment that Sahova played upon. Then again she did not want to exactly think about it either. She knew what the citadel had done to her in the past, and it was through all her efforts that she did not bring it up to rise in discussion or a memory. The memories of Zeltiva however continued to buzz, the words, the smell of tomes and sea salt resting in her mind’s eye. The cry of gulls, the shuffle of papers, the lazy summer afternoons.

Fallon’s head snapped back to Anna, her daydream shattering and her quick return to reality. There was a nod, an understanding that travel was perhaps not for all – more so to those that new of the safety of a home. To know of a loving family, of support and people that would stand behind them always. Or at least, until parting was forced. Something she herself was far too familiar with. But, that was the life style she was part of now – whether she liked to admit it or not.

”Travelling is not for everyone,” she gave a shrug, nonchalant in every manner, ”Some people are more used to remaining settled, others for making only one move in their entire life time. And others, like me? Well it simply then exists as who we are. To not do so is equivalent of us not being allowed to breathe. So much energy, so much to see and do. But, I digress. I will take the sea quarters any day.”

Upon this occasion there was no smirk, no jovial jab or ringing laughter – only the hum of deep musing and the calling of the open road and the four winds. Just as it should be. Steps rung behind, her brow burrowing deeper as she observed the word around her. Noise, there was noise. The hum of work, the beat and clink of potential apprentices as they tried to make something. And as they carved their way through and the eyes of others parted away from theirs did Anna lead them to the work station.

”Judgement? What’s that?” Fallon shook her head, ”Sorry, I am not familiar with Sahovan words. Is it a day of law and court? Or something else?” Fallon’s head wheeled round at that point, ”Guess you have an effect on the people here, eh?” For a moment she hovered before the chair, scrutinizing it carefully – almost as if she expected it to leap into life – and then perched on its edge. Her hands next went to the top of the work station, feeling the surface and fine bumps beneath. With the book being placed upon there she gave a respectful nod to the woman, the quill nib teasing the page surface with thought, ”I’ll be sure to try and sit in regardless. It should be an interesting experience to watch, if not grim when it all goes wrong.”

Her eyes met Anna’s the tease hovering there tentatively, ”Were you the same, Rummaging around, trying to get scraps to make an article of note?”

Most probably, was the thought of Fallon. It did come across as a make it or fail situation. High stakes for those that poured their soul into such a thing. To be given the chance to learn among the many, or be cast aside and scorned for it. Never the less, it was not a situation that she herself would like to be in – Sahova was most definitely not a place for her.

”Magic, so mysterious, so fluid. A curse to some, a blessing to others. A tool, a weapon, or a muscle to be used. I don’t think I will ever quite understand the nature of it,” there was a frown, before it lifted. Beaming at Anna she waved the thought away, ”Apologies, my musing got the better of me.”
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Familiar Faces (Fallon)

Postby Annalisa Marin on March 30th, 2014, 1:07 am

Anna had noted some scrawling that Fallon had made in that journal, regarding it with a raised eyebrow but not commenting on it openly. Whatever Fallon was doing it was her business and besides, it was rather rude to pry openly. The sorceress’ gaze fell upon the workstation and then upon their nice bit of lab space, pondering if perhaps she could create a summoning circle with the given area. Anna pondered for a good long moment on that subject before returning her attention to Fallon. She had seemed to have some confusion with the pronunciation if Nader-Canoch words so Anna opted to throw her a little bone.

“Gug Andjak is Ancient Tongue. Most everything on Sahova is Ancient Tongue and it’s the native language here upon Sahova. I’d have figured you would have run across it in your literary courses.” Anna offered with a shrug.

The Judgment, according to Daren Marlow, not exactly the most reliable source, the Judgment had only been a recent addition to Sahovan culture. So, since Fallon had been her some time ago it only followed then that the Judgment would be unknown to her. The tall woman crossed her legs, pondering over just how much she should reveal to the other woman before opting to just give it away. After all it was not like Fallon could really use that information to harm Anna or her current endeavors.

“The Judgment is an entrance examination for all those that would Apprentice upon Sahova, only recently instituted. Potential Apprentices display their talents and abilities on the 40th and 80th of the season for a panel of judges. If their abilities are found sufficient they are granted a bronze ring of Apprenticeship that lets them travel through the Citadel as they wish. If they do not they are removed from the Island.” Anna offered with a shrug.

An effect on others, not exactly but soon enough the sorceress was hoping to make ripples through the political world of Sahova. Amaryllis was playing her games and Anna was playing her own, all for dominance and dominion in the name of Rhysol. The dark haired woman was never one to back down from a challenge or a test no matter how difficult it seemed. She had promised Rhysol Sahova those long nights ago, a promise she very well intended to deliver upon but for now she had to work her way up which was no easy task.

The tall woman caught Fallon’s musings with a blank expression; vaguely suspecting the other woman had no idea what she was talking about. Magic was all of those things and yet it was none of them, it was the very essence of power in this world and the means by which mortals strove to become more like the gods themselves. A futile gesture really as Anna doubted that magic along could forge divinity, so instead she put her faith in the divine. Rhysol provided for her, he was her father as far as she was concerned from now onwards as he had laid his mark upon her.

The tall woman noted a piece of chalk on the workstation and opted to flash Fallon a grin, taking up the piece in her fingers. She twirled the chalk around in her fingers and started running through the numeric sequences in her mind, pondering which to test and settling on one that she had yet to try herself. It would be an adventure for both of them if Fallon was interested in such an affair. She seemed curious enough, so perhaps they could have a bit of fun with this task.

“Hmm… so Fallon, in the vein of magic. How would you like to look into another world?” Anna inquired, quirking an eyebrow to Fallon.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Familiar Faces (Fallon)

Postby Fallon on March 31st, 2014, 9:59 pm

There was a pause, the finger tip rubbing at her jaw, ”Well… I did. A little. It doesn’t mean I’m any good at speaking it. Still trying to get my head around just pronouncing it right. It is another language after all.”

Shrugging she allowed herself to listen, the slow nodding in understanding. For a moment the quill nib continued to tap, and then lowered to the book surface to leave an ink blot. Judgement was indeed something new, a process she had not heard of before. Eyes narrowed a puff of cheeks as she drew the blot out to make a stick man and promptly scribbled it out. What was this feeling of reluctance? The shrug, the entire nonchalant nature of it all as it seemed to be brushed aside. The feather brushed against her chin, but the expression remained largely unchanging. She was most probably over thinking things as usual.

”So, that would explain the golems and the slight increase of others,” her head turned about, her brow creasing into a line, ”Examination is not my forte. I mean, you remember how I was. Pale as a sheet and shaking. Gods above, that sort of pressure would drive me nuts. Besides… who would want to sit around here to study? Not exactly homely.” Eyes lifted to look at Anna, the lip breaking round to curl up into a smile. Of course, look, study, analyse and understand. There was no use now in simply prodding for questions.

With a blank expression, Fallon dipped her own down behind the mental wall and proceeded to try and think clearly. Her trail of thought was presently scattered, torn between understanding and eying up the sudden flashing grin. Had she missed something? A vital snippet of information? There was a blink, her lips twitching as she tried to recall what exactly was just said. Something about another world, or seeing something?

”Look into another world?” there was a pause, ”I don’t think I quite understand the question. Do you mean to… view and have data obtained presented in a written format? Facts, figures, charts and diagrams describing it. Or do you mean what my mind imagines suitable in which to look upon another world? An orb perhaps, some strange viewing glass?” her hands came together at that point, ”Or do you mean to physically embrace that world and stand upon it?” Pausing she released a sigh, ”I don’t know. That is not my area of expertise. I mean… have some magical door way and bang you’re there? Never that easy.” Stretching in her chair she gave a click, her shoulders rolling back and the hands parting, ”I mean of course… that is all on the presumption that other worlds do exist for viewing.”

With a nod to the woman she gave a smile, the eyes glinting as she did. Chalk was in the hand, poised ready as if do something with it. Placing her hands down on the table, she placed the quill down and leaned back in her chair. Of course Annalisa was thinking about something, what exactly was beyond her. But even she had the creeping feeling that she would be finding out soon enough. With some light prompting of course, ”Come now, you’ve thought of something and are scheming. Are you going to leave this fool waiting in anticipation? Awfully cruel of you to do so. Breaks my heart.”
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Next