Completed [Soothing Waters] Making friends with the coworkers

Job thread where Serynia meets her coworker Nilika

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Soothing Waters] Making friends with the coworkers

Postby Serynia on March 10th, 2014, 2:49 am

38th Day of Spring, 514 A.V.

Serynia was slowly starting to get into the routine of her job as a healer at the Soothing Waters. While initially the day had seemed to be quite an uneventful one, around the eleventh bell there came a flurry of activity. Two squires came in carrying a patient on a stretcher.

"We need a healer quick! He's lost a lot of blood. There was an incident with some Drykas raiders. Luckily the cut was a clean one straight through the bone," the older squire with ashy brown hair and green eyes explained. They placed the stretcher and the patient on one of the infirmary beds.

The Konti healer could see that the squires had wrapped a cloth around the bloody stump of a hand in an attempt to apply pressure to the wound and staunch the bleeding. However, the cloth was soaked with blood and if she didn't do something soon, the man would be making a visit to Dira. Serynia decided that it was necessary to apply a tourniquet to slow the bleeding before she could cauterize the wound.

First she found a long bandage that she folded over several times. She then wrapped the bandage around the arm between the wound and the heart but above the elbow. Tying an overhand knot to secure the bandage, she placed a stick above the knot and tied a second overhand knot above the stick. Twisting the stick, she was able to tighten the bandage until the bleeding had stopped. She then tied the ends of the bandage around the arm and secured the stick with gauze to prevent the stick from untwisting.

"This is going to hurt. Here bite down on this stick. I'll need the two of you to hold him down," Serynia gestured to the two squires. She then took a long knife and sterilized it before holding it over the flame of the hearth to heat it. Just right before it began to glow a dull red, she removed the blade from the flame. Removing the cloth that had been wrapped around the stump, she gently pressed the hot metal to the wound applying it in short bursts. Long enough to seal the wound but not too long to burn through the healthy tissue. The patient let out a muffled scream before passing out from the pain. She then used her healing gnosis to purify the wound with her touch so as to prevent further infection.

The squires thanked her and let her know that they would return later to check on their friend. Exhausted, Serynia took a seat feeling that she definitely needed a break. Looking around the room she could see that there were other healers hard at work, most of them Konti such as herself. She was still fairly new at the job and hadn't had much opportunity to socialize with any of her coworkers. Now that it seemed things had slowed down a bit and she finally had a chance to catch her breath, she hoped that today would be different and she would actually have a chance to talk to one of the other healers.
Serynia
healer, wanderer, aspiring wizard

Words: 33163
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2014, 9:44 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Nilika on March 11th, 2014, 7:56 pm

“It hurts please stop it,” a boy no older than seven whined to the young Konti. Nilika looked at him with emotionless eyes, but she did feel bad for the poor boy. He jumped off a couple of crates at the dock and had broken his arm. His father rushed him here and one thing led to another and now here we are. She raised the boy arm and slowly pushed the boy’s bone into place. A shriek of pain rose from the child’s throat. The little child’s eyes let out streams of tears. His father rushed over to the son and rested his child’s head against him. A parent never wanted to hear their child in pain.

The scream didn’t deter the healer in no kind of way. If anything to go by, it made her want to hurry and put it straight to have to the boy out of misery. The little boy’s whimpers echoed around the room. “Please bring me those two planks over there,” Nilika said pointing to two planks of wood on the counter. She made sure to keep the boy’s arm to his side straight. The other healer brought it to the Konti; Nilika placed the small planks on either side of the arm. Grabbing the roll of bandage quickly, she wrapped the bandage around his arm and tied it securely. “There all don’t. Please come back within a week to change the splint,” Nilika said to the youth that was smile for everything to be over, but was glaring at her for hurting him.

Nilika forced a smile to her face after waving bye to the youngster. His eyes were lit up with joy as he walked out of the room with his right arm in a cast. She sat down and rubbed her gloved hands together. A few days ago she had seen a large room that held many healers and Kontis. She looked down at her hands and sighed. Maybe I don’t belong there? It’s not like I’m a real healer. She had later on learned that that room held all the people who had Rak'keli mark. Clenching her hands, she stood up and made her way to the room that had all her sisters. Nilika opened the door and stopped momentarily, and then opened the door with a confident swing. She put up a smile and walked to the nearest person she saw.

Who in fact was a Konti that was sitting down and looked tired. “Hi I’m Nilika,” speaking in common just case the Konti isn’t a native of Mura.
Last edited by Nilika on April 19th, 2014, 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sig by the lovely Trickster
Threads Currently Roleplaying With Others: 4/6
Due to RL, replying and making threads will be slow for a month or so. Sorry for inconvenience.
Nilika
Your Sorrow is Mine Also

Words: 77568
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2013, 12:51 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Serynia on March 13th, 2014, 7:40 am

Serynia was surprised when the door to the infirmary room opened and a Konti whom she had never seen before entered. The Konti looked very young with eyes as blue as her own and her long hair tied up in two ponytails.

The Konti girl approached her and spoke to her in Common introducing herself as Nilika. Most of the other Konti usually spoke to her in Kontinese. She wondered if Nilika was born in Syliras. Maybe that's why she only knows Common? she thought.

Serynia had assumed that most of the Konti that worked at the Soothing Waters were healers like herself that bore the mark of Rak'Keli. But although she had not spoken to all of the other healers, she at least recognized all the ones who worshiped the healing goddess and Nilika was not a face that she recognized.

She knew there was another room where most of the other doctors worked who relied on their skills in medicine instead of their faith in Rak'keli to heal. Serynia had much respect for those doctors as it required much training to do their work. Because she was not a very high ranking priestess of the Opal Order, she could only heal very simple wounds and diseases so she often had to supplement her healing gnosis with studies in medicine as well as trying to learn all she could about herbalism and philtering.

"Hi Nilika. It's nice to meet you. My name's Serynia." The older Konti held out her hand to the younger Konti to shake. It was refreshing to finally have someone to talk to. Oftentimes it seemed as if she was so busy that she only had time to work and not to socialize.

"Do you work here as a healer too? I don't think I've ever seen you before."
Serynia
healer, wanderer, aspiring wizard

Words: 33163
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2014, 9:44 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Nilika on March 15th, 2014, 7:22 pm

Nilika looked at the other’s hand before getting the idea that she wanted to shake her hand. She took off her glove as not to offend the Konti. If it was her, she wouldn’t want to feel like that she had germs or something so that someone had to wear gloves. She smiled at her and shook the now known Konti, Serynia. As soon as Nilika shook the other’s hand, something sparked at the skin contact. Her eyes immediately watered up and she slid down to her knees. The teenager wiped at her eyes as the tears continued to overflow. Sobs interrupted past her pink lips, her skinny arms lifted them and hugged herself closely.

With watery blue eyes, she looked up at the other Konti that she had touched. “What happened to you,” she said through hiccups and sobs. Why does it hurt so much? She slowly got up and looked around at the people who stopped in their works to look at the scene that had played out. A blush appeared across her scales, but tears still fell from her eyes. The sadness had lessened just a little. But from how forceful the sadness had come, Nilika knew that it would be a long time before it could fully be gone. A sigh escaped her lips as she looked at Serynia sadly. What happened to this girl? She tried to put a smile on hoping that it didn’t seem too force.
Sig by the lovely Trickster
Threads Currently Roleplaying With Others: 4/6
Due to RL, replying and making threads will be slow for a month or so. Sorry for inconvenience.
Nilika
Your Sorrow is Mine Also

Words: 77568
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2013, 12:51 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Radiant on April 22nd, 2014, 5:54 pm

Serynia :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP
Socialization +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Nilika: Fellow Konti Co-Worker

Loots

Nilika :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP
Socialization +1 XP
Medicine +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Medicine: Adjusting Broken Bones
Serynia: Fellow Konti Co-Worker

Loots

Notes :
Another abandoned thread, oh well... I gave what I could.

This thread have a Major issue, specifically in Serynia's first post. As of Fall 513 A.V, the Drykas is no longer raiding Syliras, but I'm going to ignore Serynia's first post and let this slide as this thread is abandoned anyway.

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)