Completed Prayers to the Deep

Ricky prays to the God of the Sea.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Prayers to the Deep

Postby Ricky Maze on March 17th, 2014, 9:07 pm

Prayers to the Deep
Spring 6th 514 AV; 11th Bell

The day turned out to be great just like any other, only today since he had a midday patrol Ricky decided he would stop by the grand Temple of Laviku. Thus while he was dressed in his uniform ready to work he entered the great halls of the temple with a smile on his face, eager to finally sit down and commune with the God he’d revered so much once upon a time. It amazed him to think that time could naturally flash within a blink of an eye, and much after his experiences last year he found himself in need to offer prayer to the God of the Sea once again, to show that he was still in fact a fisherman devoted to remembering just who ruled the domain he dwelled within. The Temple of Laviku somehow felt like the heart of Zeltiva for Ricky, mainly because he was a major influence upon the city as a whole. Though he could easily go to the Fountain of Cascading Harmony and offer prayer there, he felt it more honorable and traditional to follow the principle of a prayer in one of Laviku’s own temples.

Thus when he walked past the large natural structures with but a moment to take in the look of the shells adorned in them, he let his hand brush the surface of a rugged column that held this grand structure up in place. When he entered he remembered well enough the inside of the structure, both staircases to his sides led to the second level of the temple, while deeper within the great hall he visited the one place that somehow still seemed to remain the same even in his memory. Murals were depicted of the sea, of the storms, and of Laviku himself as a large portrait showed a crossover between a man and the ocean itself. The depictions were vast interpretations to the title Laviku held; he was after all the God of the Sea, therefore practically the sea itself in the eyes of his followers.

Ricky found a spot to sit at on one of the benches near the altar, undisturbed by the priests and priestess that resided there. He remembered their purpose well. They would never bother those who came to offer their silent prayers to the Sea God, not unless they were in need of answers of their beloved God. Laviku. The central figure of the city that every sailor, every fisherman, and yes ever Wave Guard, revered before they’d set out on the ocean, for Ricky this was not an act of faith but a trial of devotion to the God he’d strayed from over a year ago. Lord Laviku, Oi apologize f’r not communin’ wit’ ya sooner. T’ings ‘ave been crazy over de past year, last Oi recall t’ough I sent an offerin’ yer way durin’ me trip t’ Nyka. He recollected the fish he’d caught and used as a messenger, either a gold or silver Miza placed within the mouth to be carried down to the bottom of the sea. Oi t’ank ya Lord f’r makin’ dat trip a safe one, ‘cause o’ ya Oi got ‘ome in time t’ learn Oi was t’ be a fat’er. He recalled the day he took the first few steps onto the docks upon his arrival, the sudden news that Telion was pregnant when Hannah pointed it out after a simple hug.

Oi’m a lot stronger now, startin’ t’ train so Oi can defend Zeltiva better, Oi ‘ope t’ set a better example o’ me self f’r me son when he grows. Indeed he did wish to make his son proud, as well as his wife and father, and Odis as well. There were so many he’d hoped to make proud, so many he’d hoped to please in his time he served as a Wave Guard. He thought a little more on what he should say next, contemplated whether or not if it was honestly worthy for the God of the Sea to hear. It’d be a few good chimes before he would say, or rather think, what his next words would be, as he dwelled on what he should do to better show his devotion to Laviku in the future.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Prayers to the Deep

Postby Ricky Maze on March 24th, 2014, 7:11 pm

He held his thoughts in silence as he thought about it further, a sort of slight headache started to build in the process. While he finally came to contemplate on what he would say next he bowed his head and closed his eyes in further prayer, yet became aware that he was no longer alone now that someone else seemed to sit right next to him. He remained unchanged as he continued his prayer though, and didn’t pay any mind to whoever may have taken a seat next to him. Laviku Oi promise ya, Oi’m gonna defend yer city an’ keep all Oi can safe. Oi’ll be the dividin’ line between safety an’ danger, Oi’ll protect this glorious ‘ome in yer ‘onor. It was yet another silent vow he made. He’d started to make several of them it seems, but this one was based on a principle. A principle he aimed to focus on, which revolved around being the example of a man he wanted to be for a certain wife and son.

"Oh please, you know good and well Laviku doesn’t give two shykes about what you do Ricky." The familiar voice immediately became placed with a memory of a certain face, and in that moment Ricky sighed in a slightly stressed aggravation from yet another appearance of someone he knew to be dead. When he opened his eyes to look over he sure enough saw Natalie cozy against the bench with arms and legs crossed, an amused grin on her face as she solely focused on him. "Just what do you expect in coming here when nothing you have to say is important to Laviku anyway?"

It’s up t’ Laviku t’ deem what ‘e finds appropriate Natalie, now git lost so I can concentrate. He brushed her off coldly with a gentle rub to his right temple with an index and middle finger, Natalie of course just scoffed and remained rebellious to Ricky as though she took it as a challenge.

"I told you I’m not going anywhere, last time I did you about had an ‘little aching heartbreak’ from your friend after all." She remarked with exaggeration, Ricky snorted as he looked toward the portrait of Laviku.

Some part o’ ya must’a felt bad if ye were so inclined t’ ‘elp me out. Just what is it ye want fr’m me woman? He finally pointed out with an annoyed look in his eyes.

"I told you already silly, I’m here for you!" She reiterated with her own enthusiasm, Ricky’s turn to scoff came up and he quickly stood to his feet right after.

Well believe me Natalie, Oi don’t need ya ‘ere so ye can scram. Leave me alone f’r good now would ya. He stated once more as he walked from the bench towards the altar where he could further pray to Laviku. A small silver bowl had a few offerings towards the God of the Sea, mainly Nilo or Miza but there were several blue flowers placed within and around the bowl too. Ricky dipped his hand into the pocket of his pants and pulled out a Nilo of his own, and gently placed it within the bowl as his own tribute to the God of the Sea. Wit’ dis offerin’ Lord Laviku, Oi ask only f’r a blessin’. May de season be fair an’ yer waters provide me the strength Oi need, in me endeavor t’ protect Zeltiva’s people from t’ose dat would dare ‘arm dem. He humbly requested in silent prayer, ignorant to the brunette that somehow “moved” from her spot on the bench to the altar before Ricky. She stood with her hands held high as she looked to the heavens dramatically, as though she were about to preach about Laviku herself.

"Oh Laviku! God of the Sea! I invoke you my lord! Save this poor poor soul from his cursed fate! Guide him to safety with your almighty benevolence!" She shouted it so loud that literally everyone inside the temple, as well as just outside the entrance, could hear her if she were a real living person. Ricky looked a bit surprised at first but then just grew angry and even more irritated with her, ready to just up and leave were it not a sign of disrespect on his part.

Shut. Up. Natalie only looked to him with arms rested on the altar then, one used to prop her head up as she then giggled. She tested him. She tested him and he knew that was the case, thus he mentally spat in disgust and returned to his prayer once more, hopeful that he could finish it without further interruption.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Prayers to the Deep

Postby Ricky Maze on March 31st, 2014, 9:13 pm

"Oh come on Ricky… when are you going to have fun again huh?" Natalie blurted out loud with arms wide upon as she spun in a circle, a few steps taken down from the altar as Ricky kept his eyes close to finish the prayer he had in mind. It was always something he had to say when it came to the God, both Laviku and Zulrav played important influential parts on not just the sailors but on Zeltiva as a whole. Therefore when it came to saying this specific rite he always felt it traditional to end it with that specific rite, as it always showed that still placed his faith in the two of them after he’d done said his piece. "May Zulrav’s winds guide me, and yer waters protect me… Laviku." He affirmed his belief with a nod and one final look to the portrait of the God, a smirk on his face as he felt better now.

He hadn’t had the chance to rightfully pray to his deities as of late because of the busy work schedule he kept now, apart from working as a Wave Guard and being a parent he’d taken to training proper so that he could better suit both roles. He wanted to live as a role model for his boy to look up to after all, so he felt it important to try and live up to the expectations he had finally set for himself now. "Gods. You are dense aren’t you." Natalie shook her head with fingers brought to her eyes, as though she were disapproving both him and his prayer like they were worthless. Yet when she looked to him once more she found that he already stood straight up once more, and had headed for the entrance to take his leave of the place. He’d fulfilled the purpose he had in coming here now; Laviku surely knew that by now Ricky hadn’t lost faith in him. Even in the most troublesome of times Ricky always revered Laviku, as well as Zulrav, somewhere in the end of it all. Yet even now there was another God, or rather Goddess, which he had to try and make an appointment for. Priskil.

She was after all the Goddess of Hope and Radiance, and it’s because of her influence that such hope can remain. Miracles can be a wonder and for Ricky he’s had more than his fair share of them, such was his reason why he felt he should try to live with Priskil in his heart as well. Her influence has indeed changed his life, even if it were small; he still considered it a blessing seeing as how it led to him having a son today. In turn that was his second reason as to why he decided to try and become a proper role model for his family, because if he could help provide those around him with the same bright hope he’d come to develop then sure enough… Zeltiva could change and find itself in a more peaceful state compared to the one it was in now.

Though she tried to follow him and probe him for some sort of reaction, Natalie just remained an issue left within the back of Ricky’s mind. Even if she refused to leave she couldn’t do anything about him ignoring her, all he had to do was think about what he needed to focus on, and sure enough the agendas for the day would keep him busy to where his mind was distracted from the invisible girl only he could see.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Prayers to the Deep

Postby Neologism on May 24th, 2014, 8:24 pm

Skills & Lores
Skill XP
Meditation +1 xp

➢ Natalie: Ignoring Her Opinion
    ➢ Principle: Becoming A Proper Role Model For Martin
    ➢ Sacrificing Nilos to Laviku
    ➢ Laviku: Reminding Him You Are Still Faithful
    ➢ Hallucinating: Natalie

Comments

Way to go Ricky! I really like all of your writing, and this post is not an exception. It's a good snapshot of Ricky's religious values and a good insight on the effects from his cancer ... If you find any problems or are concerned about anything, please let me know and we can work it out. :)
Ivory Heart Zintila The Constellations The Shinya
Council of Radiance (WIP) Star Gazing Gazette
Neologism
AS of Lhavit, DS of Zeltiva

Words: 621787
Joined roleplay: May 20th, 2014, 1:40 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)