Closed A New Beginning Amongst The Blue Men

Open to one person, please.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

A New Beginning Amongst The Blue Men

Postby Sunette on April 1st, 2014, 1:39 am

“No, I’m sorry about it… guess that I got a little excited. It just seemed like something amusing to do, and it was… maybe a little too amusing. Don’t worry about it, though, not everybody in Riverfall is as insane as me… well, maybe some of them are, and perhaps there are a couple that are as twice as insane as I am, but for the rest… well, they’re a pretty good bunch.”

He smiled at her to match the soft one she gave him, but he did it again. He touched her shoulder. She was prepared for it this time, her attention in the direction of the movement of his hand. But being prepared for it, not jumping or shrugging it off, that didn't mean she was welcoming to it… But what was the point in being rude again? She allowed it to happen, her smile unwavering.

She couldn't help but chuckle lightly at his comment about the possibility of people being twice as insane as him. Depending on how you define insane, she was probably more insane than him.

“Perhaps is that there is something in you that I like? Could be just me, is just a gut feeling, because after all, you did follow me, didn’t you? Even though you didn’t have to… you really seem like a good gal.”

A good gal? A good gal? Sunette couldn't contain it at that point, and she exploded with laughter. Oh, how could he assume so quickly that she was of high character? Because she followed him? At this point, she thought it would be a good idea to teach this easily-excited man what it means to trust the wrong person, to believe in the baseless idea of goodness that a beautiful woman must have. He would be the easiest prey she'd had with this overly trusting mentality, and she could only hope everyone in this city was so easily swooned.

But… this smile, it was sweet. It was something she wasn't accustomed to. Those in Kalinor didn't trust her-- with good reason-- and it was nice to have a welcoming beam in her direction. Perhaps she would allow him to live for a while longer, if only to give her affection.

“We should go down. I’m full of energy myself, but you seem tired… Don’t worry, I’ll try to keep my madness at bay; no more rooftop jumping for today!”

With a wink and a laugh, Stefan was moving once more. Sunette decided to sit and watch him go, not knowing what to expect if he planned to "keep his madness at bay." He lowered himself to the ground with a much more meaningful method than accidentally falling; he purposefully fell. At least he could confidently say he meant to do that. But, landing on the ground, he lost his footing and fell. Sunette snickered, holding a hand over her mouth to suppress any further laughter. She would never understand why races without natural climbing advantages would do things like that.

“Guess I fell hard for your sweet lips…”

Oh~! Sunette smiled wide, dropping her hands to hold the railing as she leaned over, looking down. What a pass! She couldn't deny that it was a cute attempt. She lowered herself on the rail, attaching to the wall and climbing down in a much more advantageous manner than her male company.

I can't say that my lips are actually very sweet, but thank you none the less.

She released the wall from her grasp, smiling warmly to him in return. She raised her hand to the place where her bag strap would have been, but her hand grasped at the empty air that took its place. Her heart skipped a beat, realizing she had left it back at their starting line. She began briskly headed toward her belongings, mumbling in Symenos under her breath.

Shyke! How could I do that?! Those are the only things I have in the world at this point-- I can't even get back to Kalinor to take back my old life if I lost my things!
Thread List
Spring 514
Thread Date XP Earned
Touch The Waves (Midday) 29th of Spring, 514 AV In progress
A New Beginning Amongst The Blue Men (Midnight) 28th-29th of Spring, 514 AV In Progress
Always My Thoughts And The Moon (Midnight) 31st of Spring, 514 AV In Progress
Shop Till You Drop (Midday) 32st of Spring, 514 AV In progress
The Fairer Sex (Night) 35th of Spring, 514 AV In Progress
Friendship and Cravings 42nd of Spring, 514 AV In Progress
Sunette
The kiss of death is soft and sweet

Words: 43708
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2014, 7:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Stefan on April 2nd, 2014, 9:39 pm

So far, Stefan was enjoying the evening, even though it seemed that everything he said was a kind of joke for Sunette. She kept laughing at things he said, and he couldn’t help but laugh along. Her laughter was lovely, indeed, and her voice was like a sweet whisper on his ear, coming from these blood red lips of hers.

I can't say that my lips are actually very sweet, but thank you none the less.” She said. He couldn’t argue with that, even though it was alluring... she had some attractive to her, and not only her beauty. It was also the danger she held... the poison in her fangs that could kill him in some minutes, or at least be extremely painful. And he wouldn’t mind. That would make his heart race; it was exciting to be at the brink of death with one kiss, and that was something he loved. Suicidal? Perhaps. But he was young, and if he died, he would make a pretty corpse.

It was also interesting to have someone to practice with, even though Sunette didn’t seem to like it. He couldn’t know why, but was about to ask, but then she talked.

Stefan couldn’t understand a word she was saying, and he didn’t care. It was a language that Stefan never heard before; it was captivating, yet uncanny at the same time, like a pretty painting with something to hide. It sounded like a sensual mystery that tingled in his ears... something that the young bard enjoyed quite a lot.

Still, he couldn’t help but notice that she seemed pissed at something. He couldn’t guess why, but it appeared to be important... maybe she lost something? One could say for the fact that she was grasping at her back whilst attaching herself to the wall, and then leaving again.

Stefan stood up from the floor, and taking a deep breath, he climbed again by the same way he fell; this time it was a lot easier, since he managed to grab the edges with precision.

“Lass, is something wrong? Did you lose something?” he said, but Sunette was not quite far away, so he began to jump again on the rooftops to follow her, but now with a clear objective in mind; he didn’t know what she said, but it was romantic... and liked it. He would ask the Symenestra about it when he got the change, but this time, he just followed her.
Stefan
Player

Words: 185497
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2013, 7:22 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sunette on April 7th, 2014, 7:39 pm

Sunette was so focused on attempting to find the spot where she'd placed her bags that she completely missed that Stefan had climbed back up to the rooftops while she walked along the street. She also missed that he had said something to her. She was too panicked about the idea that she could possibly have lost everything because she decided to follow some random man across rooftops, silently kicking herself in her mind for being so foolish. She didn't even remember where she'd left her shoes. Were they on a rooftop? She had no idea.

It didn't help her situation that this was her, what, second night in Riverfall? Every house looked exactly the same to her, every opening a mimic of the last. How far had they gone from her spot? How many rooftops had they cleared? Why hadn't she paid closer attention? Her stride became faster with every passing abode, no sound but the sound of pounding blood in her ears. She would stop occasionally to lean into an alleyway, scanning quickly for either her shoes or her bag, but had no luck for about a block.

Then, finally, screeching to a halt, she had found it. A little opening between houses with a nice little bench near the stone wall she was previously perched on. And, there, at the foot of the bench, laid her satchel. She let out a deep sigh of relief, slowly walking to the bench and plopping herself down, scooping up her back and pulling it tight against her chest. She spoke breathily in Symenos, forgetting still that Stefan was following her along the rooftops.

I was so worried I'd lost my bag. Thank Viratas I didn't.

She quickly wiped her brow with the back of one hand, letting out another sigh as she slouched back against the bench. She wasn't a runner, but the panic had given her a rush of adrenaline that gave her the temporary stamina to make her blood rush. Now she was paying for that.

Last edited by Sunette on May 27th, 2014, 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thread List
Spring 514
Thread Date XP Earned
A New Beginning Amongst The Blue Men (Midnight) 28th-29th of Spring, 514 AV In Progress
Sunette

Character sheet

Postby Stefan on April 10th, 2014, 2:44 am

StefanSunette managed to overrun Stefan quite easily, as he leaped from rooftop to rooftop with his nimble feet. It appeared that she was nervous, even panicking for something, but even though Stefan tried to ask her what was wrong she didn’t seemed to listen to him. Still, he was not going to give up, and after he managed to know what was wrong, he was going to talk to her about that language of hers that tingled in his ears.

But when Stefan looked again, just as he landed on the last rooftop, Sunette disappeared. That was enough distraction, though, and it was enough for Stefan to give a misstep and fell face first towards the same shrubbery he fell early in the night. He didn’t knew how planted the thing, but he thanked him silently as he stood up, unharmed but with a few light bruises.

He stood up again, whipping the dirt off his clothes, and saw the Symenestra on a bench, speaking again with that odd, yet alluring language. He walked towards her and sat to her side, with a calm smile on his face, which contrasted the fact that his clothes were dirty from the fall, but he was still smiling at her kindly. “Sorry I broke my promise, lass... guess I couldn’t keep my madness at bay?” he laughed a little bit, but his face turned somewhat serious this time, without losing his calm. He spoke again to the Symenestra, this time going directly to the point.

“I don’t know what you just said before, but... the way you said it... I liked it. A lot. These words sounded like a shiny, ornamental poison-coated dagger in the dark; sexy, alluring, yet eerie... that made my ears tingle, as your name tingles in my tongue. I want to learn that.”

But then he realized he sounded like a complete madman, asking a gal he just meet to teach him something. But truth be told, he always did that when he wanted to learn something new... it did helped him to learn to use a rapier, as his friend Chandray was willing to teach him, even though he tried to steal from her.

“...Please? Wouldn’t you do it for Dra-Stefan?” he said again with a smile, but preparing himself if she ever said no to it.
Stefan
Player

Words: 185497
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2013, 7:22 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sunette on May 30th, 2014, 10:13 pm

(Stefan is dead, so this is ending. :'( )
Thread List
Spring 514
Thread Date XP Earned
Sunette

Character sheet

Postby Ragdoll on June 28th, 2014, 1:35 pm

You've Been Graded!

Since Stefan is dead, I didn't give you any lores pertaining to him and I didn't grade his portion...sadly, that took out a lot of lores.

Skills
Skill Points
Intelligence 1
Observation 4
Acrobatics 3
Rhetoric 1
Socialization 3
Flirting 1

Lores

• Want: Find Someone to Care About
  • Gambling with Life
  • ...did I lose that?
  • Finding Lost Objects

Comments

Sunette is a lot of fun to read. c: Too bad the thread ended-would've liked to see it continue.

Don't forget to edit your grading request! Though I try my hardest to award you what you deserve, I may occasionally mess things up! If there's something you'd like to discuss about your grade, then please don't hesitate to send me a PM and I'll be happy to work things out with you.
Riverfall - Behind the Waterfall - Mod Request Thread - Codex - OOC
Because of RL issues and a lack of energy that I can devote to Mizahar, I've decided to step down as an AS. I'm sorry to leave so suddenly, but it's truly been fun while it lasted. Hopefully I can come back some day.
Ragdoll
To err is human; to forgive is feline.

Words: 53704
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2014, 2:19 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Previous