PM to join The annoying little sister [Boldvine Plantation]

An unusual night at the plantation

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This lazy agricultural settlement rests on the swampy shores of the Middle Suvan at the delta of The Kenash River. The River's slow moving bayou waters have bred a different sort of people - rugged, cultured, and somewhat violent. Sprawling plantations of tobacco and cotton grow on the outskirts of the swamp in the rich Cyphrus soils, while the city itself curls around the bayou and spawns decadence and sins of all sorts. Life is slower in Kenash, but the lack of pace is made up for in the excesses of food and flesh in a city where drinking, debauchery, gambling, slavery, and overbearing plantation families dominate the landscape.

Moderator: Gossamer

The annoying little sister [Boldvine Plantation]

Postby Thia Konrath on April 24th, 2014, 5:13 pm

9th of Spring, 514 AV

Image "So you're a cousin of Mica?" Estratia asked the tall, muscular gentlemen. The konti mother's legs were neatly crossed as she sat still in a plush seat in one of the common rooms of the Konrath home. She couldn't help but sigh as her eyes went back and forth between her daughter, who sat besides her, and the Radacke man. Not once did Thia pay attention to the man, there was a notebook in her lap she was scribbling in the whole entire time."Thia'lynn." The woman called politely to her daughter. It took awhile, but Thia raised her head slowly and smiled.

"That sound nice." She answered. Not once did she listen. Thia looked over her paper multiple times, which was nothing but party ideas. Parties she would love to hold in the house. She felt she had so many good ideas, and she really wanted to talk them over with the family. Thia's head fell back down and she continue doing what she was doing before.

"Honey,"Estratia stayed calm, her voice was soft,"Beck here, took the time to come down here and talk to you. Please-"

"It's okay Lady Konrath." The man known as Beck smiled. For a Radacke, he was charming and very polite. Maybe it was an act, or maybe it wasn't. He probably really likes Thia. Beck folded his arms and beamed at Thia, like he was determined to make her his wife."I would dedicate all my time to Thia if she was mine to keep." Thia finally met his gaze, shaking her head and glaring at Beck, who was still smiling."And yes, we're cousins. My father is his father's brother."

"What is your profession?" Estratia asked another question, she elbowed her daughter softly. Thia cocked her head to the side, only to see her mother smiling thoughtfully. The man's last comment, made the woman feel like he was perfect for her daughter. Sadly, her daughter didn't feel the same. She didn't like the Radackes too much, she felt the same way about them like the rest of Kenash.

"Well... I don't have one." Beck unfolded his arms and rubbed the back of his head.

"You don't have one?" Thia asked disappointed."Sir, in order to have a wife, you must support her. What if I'm with child? What if the Radacke kick you out of their family?" She threw her hands up and at the same time stood."It's bad enough you're a cousin of Mica, but you also don't have a profession?" Thia ignored the flames moving through her mother's eyes."Get out. Out, out. Interviews are over, tell Mica not to send anyone else. Tell him I'm also sorry, but I can't marry a cousin of his." She marched out the room, leading the man out to the entrance of the cozy home. Flinging the door open, she waited for him to pass.

Beck Radacke took his time walking out, his hands were shoved into the pockets of his suit. He looked down the entire time, but once he was outside he looked up at the sky Leth provided."Fine." His voice was cold and not as charming as it was before."I didn't want to marry a harlot like yourself anyway. Holy dynasty member one night, a prostitute the next." Beck laughed.

"Leave. Now!" Thia screamed. She slammed the door and like a child, began stomping off.

"Thia."Estratia called.

"I don't want to talk anymore." She told her, frustrated at what just happen. Thia made it towards the stairs and once she made it there, she paused and began taking deep breaths."Can we just stop for a little while?" Thia didn't wait for a response, running up the stair.

She never felt pain like she did this very night, laying side ways on her bed. No one ever called her anything like that before. Not only was it not true but it was also very hurtful. Thia never thought of herself like that and never will. She felt she was far from it. Insecurity was beginning to swell up in her. What did other people think of her? Did they think the same thing as the man?

There was a light knock at the door and before Thia could holler a familiar voice spoke up."Your mother sent me up." It was Calliope. A personal slave and the best friend Thia could ever have."Are you alright?"

"No. That Radacke was a shyke-hole, if I see him again, I'll best him until he's dead." For a moment, it was silent. Calliope roamed around the room."He comes in here with his, 'good day' and 'oh, I'm so charming'. It made me sick." Thia smothered her own face in a pillow and screamed.

"I know what will cheer you up." Calliope smiled at a long piece of fabric in her head.Thia raised her head and smiled, quickly getting up and take one side of the long piece. Before she knew it, she was in the hall, stretching it out, waiting for someone to trip over it.

Thia
"So I admit... I'm not the idealistic princess. But I do expect to be treated like one."
Thia Konrath
Princess of the Cyphrus region.

Words: 11557
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2014, 10:35 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Estrellir Konrath on April 29th, 2014, 5:46 pm

As always, Estrellir was knee-deep in another mystery and had spent the last night at the bureau. Although she’d gone through all her research and investigation three times, she still couldn’t solve the riddle. She hadn’t slept at all, although her clothes were in disorder and her white locks ruffled from running her hand through them repeatedly. Lack of sleep had painted faint bags under her eyes that were half-closed. Despite unpleasant bumps in the road, she almost dozed off in the carriage back to Boldvine Plantation.

As usual, she’d left Mell behind at the bureau to clean up the mess of paperwork and do the dishes. The slave girl had dozed on the couch whenever her mistress hadn’t needed her, so she was prepared for another day of work. Estrellir, however, was ready for bed. Alone and sleepy, she didn’t notice the trap at all. Who would expect to be ambushed in their own home, anyway?

Of course, Kenashern Dynasty was different. As the piece of fabric connected with her stumbling legs, she offered almost no resistance. In that particular condition, her reflexes were too slow to even avoid the fall. So it happened that her knees, elbows and face met the floor mat in a rather ungraceful way.

Pain exploded in her joints and woke her abruptly. Fuming, she rose to her feet and looked around for the culprit until she detected a flash of white hair and pale green scales. Of course, it had to be her child sister! Storming over to Thia, Estrellir would attempt to tear the fabric from her mischievous hands. “Dear Avalis, I should’ve known you were playing pranks again! It’s hardly a surprise, little sister, since that seems to be everything you’re remotely good at. I’d appreciate it if you directed them at people they were actually meant for though!”

Hands at her hips, she waited for some kind of retort from her little sister. The slave she ignored completely. It wasn’t Calliope’s fault if that particular Konrath was good for nothing. While speaking, Estrellir had remembered their mother’s words and the rumors floating around the plantation. Thia had been seeing suitors, no? Estrellir knew her sister had no intentions of marrying. Maybe that was a bit of gossip to play around with…
Estrellir Konrath
She Who Finds What Was Lost

Words: 338742
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2013, 8:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Jay Ackina on April 29th, 2014, 10:52 pm

The ringing of steel echoed sharply behind the Boldvine estate through the cool air.

Two figures stood toe to toe, a mere hands breath separating their faces, their weapons locked together as they stared the other down, each battling for control over the other. Upon first glance, one would assume tension was thick in the air, seeing the snarls on each of the fighter’s faces and the fire that flickered in their eyes.

But first impressions could be misleading.

“I guess Konrath’s aren’t as lousy at fighting as some say.” A mischievous tone edged its way into the brown haired man’s voice as he gripped the hilt of his longsword with both hands, muscles taunt as he fought to gain the upper hand. The Akalak scowled at the obvious attempt to distract him but a small smile betrayed the feint anger as he dug his feet into the ground, trying to gain traction and overpower his opponent.

“I could have said the same thing about the Ackina. Shouldn’t you be teaching some kelvic to cook or some other meaningless task?” The human male grinned at the comment but didn’t reply. Instead, Jay Ackina suddenly leaped backwards and pivoted on his left foot, spinning out of the way. The blue skinned combatant stumbled forward as the weight suddenly disappeared from under his battleaxe.

The Ackina was quick to attack at the momentary lapse in the Konrath’s defense. The leather clad Bounty Hunter swung his sword in a sweeping motion, tapping the Akalak on the back with the flat of his sword just as the Konrath regained his balance. He shot Jay an angry look but it quickly disappeared, replaced by a begrudging grin.

Jay lowered his sword, panting from their duel and held out his hand, humor dancing in his eyes. The Konrath shook his head ruthfully as he looked his opponent and clasped the Ackina’s forearm with his.

“Well played. It’s good to spar with someone else outside of the Dynasty every now and then.”

“Agreed my friend. At least you have others to train with regularly. Sadly, I am not so lucky.” Jay released the man from their hand shake and sheathed his treasured longsword in one motion. He felt his blood humming through his veins as his heart rate slowly began to calm down from the exertion. He never felt more alive than when he was in the midst of combat. The thrill of adrenaline rushing through his body and the excitement of testing his abilities against that of another able combatant always sent a thrill of exhilaration through him.

He was one of the few trained fighters in the Ackina family. Most of the household was more interested in agriculture and the breeding of kelvics than combat. He didn’t mind or hold it against them; each person had their own passion. He was glad they found something they enjoyed doing. But it was sometimes frustrating to have to go so far out of his way to train with others. Hence the reason he came out to the Konrath’s property.

He had always admired the Akalak and their love for fighting. Politics were big between the Dynasties but that didn’t mean he couldn’t go out of his way to see them. It just required him to be more careful than if he was on his own property. Everything was a game between the families. Morrison, the head of the Ackina family, used to continuously warn him about his interactions with other families whenever he announced his plans to visit other estates. Jay quickly learned to quit broadcasting his whereabouts just to avoid the looks he was given.

The Konrath looked back over his shoulder at Jay as he headed towards the side of the house. The Akalak jerked his head towards the backdoor, “I have something I need to take care of before I head in. Feel free to go inside and grab a drink.”

“Alright, sounds good. Thanks for the duel.” Jay lifted a gloved hand in farewell before heading for the backdoor of the Boldvine estate. The leather clad man rested one hand on the hilt of his sword as he opened the door and stepped through. Having been inside only a handful of times, Jay looked around hesitantly. He wasn’t sure what part of the house he was in but knew it sure wasn’t the kitchen.

Jay stepped through the empty room and found himself standing in a lavish hallway. He stood, looking around a little helplessly, hoping someone would come to his rescue.

NoteThanks for letting me crash your guys' thread, PCs are hard to come by these days >.>

Jay Ackina
Bounty Hunter

Words: 44731
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2014, 3:50 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Thia Konrath on May 1st, 2014, 7:53 pm

Image The konti and her slave grew quiet. As a child, when she first started pranking people, it was so hard holding in all the laughter. But she seemed to master such an old prank. Thia was still as she crouched on the ground, she held her breath and didn't make a peep. The Konraths would cautiously walked through the hallway, because Thia ruled it. She was the queen of the halls with all her pranks. But she couldn't carry them all out without the help of Calliope. The woman was scary good, and sometimes pushed Thia to do pranks.

The sound of creeking stairs excited Thia. Not long after there was the sound of someone making there way through the hallway. Their pace was slowly and sounded like a scuffle, whoever it was they were getting closer and closer until... BOOM. Someone tripped over the fabric and hit the ground. Thia and Calliope exploded with laughter. They both let go of the fabric and fell on their side, laughing."Oh my goodness, that's so hilarious!"

When the person got to their feet, so did Thia and her personal slave. Her slave stopped laughing, and stood behind Thia with her head down. Calliope had almost an innocent look on her face, it could fool almost anyone.

Thia got a better look at the face and it made her laugh even more. It was get older and more serious sister, Estrellir. Estrellir was a very serious woman, who seemed wrapped up in her work and nothing else. She felt her sister needed to lighten up and be more care free. That'll never happen."Oh come on, you have to admit, I got you so good!" She continued to snicker."It was so funny, Estrellir." Thia quickly hugged her sister, she didn't want to get hit.

A small part of Thia felt guilty, and a little bad. Estrellir looked so unhappy and tired."Come on, I'll get you something for that pain." She rolled her eyes and stopped laughing."I know you're in pain, so don't deny it." She began heading down the stairs, hoping her sister would follow her. Thia was hoping to prank her again down stare. But when she got down there, she was surprised to find a human man.

"My man hunt is closed. Tell whatever dynasty you come from it's closed." She looked the man over and over again before tilting her head to the side."Who the shyke are you?"

Thia
"So I admit... I'm not the idealistic princess. But I do expect to be treated like one."
Thia Konrath

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Estrellir Konrath on May 5th, 2014, 10:15 am

The laughter exploding at her fall only fueled Estrellir’s anger. Among those that prided themselves as businessmen and survivors, her sister simply lived for the moment as if there weren’t any more serious matters to attend to! Thia was loyal to her family, true, but above that, in Estrellir’s opinion, she didn’t contribute much.

However, the hug served to soothe her temper a little and the words a little more. A tired twitch of her mouth was the only acknowledgment the younger sister would get out of her. “It isn’t funny when I’m tired and exhausted. You’re robbing me of precious sleep time.” Apparently her comments went unheard though as Thia was babbling something about pain and how to relieve it. What pain…?

Estrellir’s mind was too clouded to think too much, so she simply followed her sister down the stairs. With the first step, she noticed her knees and elbows indeed hurt quite a bit. She must’ve scraped the flesh through the fabric. Also, her head was starting to pound, a headache caused by loud voices. With a sigh, she tried not to fall down the stairs – without her mischievous sister’s help, this time – and keep an eye on the slave girl at the same time.

That was forgotten when they stepped into the hallway. A human was standing in the middle of it, brown hair, soft face, sweaty and obviously lost. Blinking, she stopped next to Thia and looked him up and down. His expression and body language, even his clothing, suggested anything but another suitor. “I bet he isn’t here for you, little sister. Look at his dress and the way he’s sweating.” Despite her dislike for Thia, she still tried to teach the girl observation and other useful things when she got the chance. Futile attempts, most of the time.

Then she addressed the visitor, relying on Avalis’ gift to pinpoint the boy’s ancestry. “You’re an Ackina. Who let you in and what are you looking for?” She briefly thought about calling the guards since he was carrying weapons.
Estrellir Konrath

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Jay Ackina on May 5th, 2014, 10:18 pm

The sound of voices and laughter echoed faintly through the hallway from somewhere else in the house. Jay was about to continue down the hallway when he heard footsteps tromping their way down a flight of stairs ahead of him. Three people came into view, seeming at ease with one another. They rounded the corner and came to a halt in front of him, somewhat taken aback by his presence.

Jay looked over the three women carefully. One was older, obviously a slave by the way she kept her eyes downcast, her slightly hunched position, and plainer clothes than the other two who stood slightly in front of her. His brown eyes shifted to the next, seeing her self-restraint and the way she looked at him coolly behind a barrier of reserve, definitely a Dynasty member.

The Ackina turned his attention to the youngest of the three, the one who looked at him with almost hostility as she demanded who he was. He smiled faintly at her spunk, used to every form of attitude that a human being was capable of having from slaves to Dynasty born, came with the territory of interacting with all manners of individuals. People called the young adults Dynasty brats and she seemed definitely deserving of the name, nothing like a spoiled child to fuel the stereotype.

Her voice rang out across the hall and he was surprised she didn’t put her hands on her hips, pouting. But he would never say that aloud. Instead, he smiled warmly at the three women and bowed slightly in their direction. The older of the two Dynasty members muttered something to the younger before speaking up and addressing Jay. He raised an eyebrow, surprised as she was able to guess which family he was from with ease.

“Why yes, I am of the Ackina family. My name is Jay; I was just out in the yard sparring with one of your family, Arlik Konrath. He sent me inside to grab a drink while he attended to a matter outside. I apologize if I am intruding.”

Jay looked at Thia and smiled wryly, “Parents looking for suitors, hmm? You’ll be relieved to hear I am not here for you so you can be at ease. But that man hunt sounds…exciting.” His tone dropped dramatically to show he was teasing and actually meant quite the opposite. He could already tell she was not the type to be forced into anything. He could only imagine the headache she gave her parents. Parents should learn to work with their children and not against them when rebellious is thick in the relationship. But at least she had parents that were around. His left long before he could remember them.

“But enough about me! I take it you two are of the Konrath family and the lady behind you is a caretaker of this beautiful home?” He looked at each of them in turn; eyes alight with curiosity and a genuine interest in them. His voice cracked as he spoke, the dryness constricting his voice from speaking properly. He looked at them sheepishly.

“Umm…also…if it's not too much trouble, would you mind showing me to the kitchen? My throat is parched from our duel and I could really use a drink.”

Jay Ackina
Bounty Hunter

Words: 44731
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2014, 3:50 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Thia Konrath on May 15th, 2014, 9:43 pm

Image When her sister mentioned he was an Ackina, she knew Estrellir used her gift, and she decided to do the same. Thia walked towards him until she was in arm reach and grabbed the both of his hands with her small, delicate ones."He likes it here." She teased."The dull atmosphere, this very plantation, he likes it. But why?"

He looked like the slaves when they were out in the plantation field. The man smelt like sweat, and looked like he was working hard not too long ago. Thia stared long and hard at him, trying to find something, anything that would tell her why he was here, and after a while, she found it. Strap to his side was a sword. Figures. The man wanted to be trained, or have at it with an Akalak. The bodies. The Konrath's were divided into the brains (konti) and the body (akalaks), you came for one or the other. The konti's and their unique gifts attracted people who had a thirst for knowledge, but the akalaks and their connection to Wysar and the arts of fighting, attracted those who wanted power and strength.

Estrellir's questioned was answered, and Thia's hypothesis was correct."Arlik?" She gazed over at her sister, and didn't say anything but there was an expression that told her that she didn't know who that was. Thia shook it off quickly and smiled."Arlik! Perfect sparring partner. All the akalaks here are. Why wouldn't they be? They're the children of Wysar." She inched closer to her sister, side by side you could almost see the resemblance.

"My parents feel I have a very good chance." When she realized what she said, she shook her head and laughed."I have a chance of catching a dynasty member of another family. My sister Atia, is trying to become head of the household one day." She paused to think for a while."I think, my sister here... doesn't think about marriage, and my parents leave her be because... she's doing good for herself. Doesn't seem to need the support of the man like me." Thia was really happy when she found out he was not there for her.

"Was it the scales and youthful look thst gave us away?" She gave Jay a humorous look.

"I'm Thia and this is my sister, Estrellir. We're daughters of Lorenzo Konrath." Thia seemed to move a lot faster then her sister, and it wasn't because Estrellir was slow. Thia just liked being first. She liked doing everything first, whether it's greeting someone first or getting the first dance at one of Kenash's midnight parties.

When the Ackina asked about the kitchen, Thia couldn't help but grin from ear to ear. She took this chance to become a hostess. "Please, follow me!" She grabbed her sisters hand and led them down the hall where the kitchen would be, but she didn't lead them into the kitchen; instead, she took them into a lounge room with chairs and colorful decorations. She made everyone sit down,"I'll get you something to drink. I'll also get you something for the pain Estrellir. Calliope follow me please!" She released her sister's hand and grabbed her slave's, running out the room.

Thia
Thia Konrath

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Estrellir Konrath on May 19th, 2014, 3:48 pm

The intruder showed exquisite manners and even performed a small bow. Like the Dynasty daughter she was, Estrellir mirrored the greeting with a polite nod while listening to his words. She recognized the name, of course. Arlik was always looking for different fighting styles and techniques outside the family, ignorant of any warning about spies and intelligencers even from Lorenzo. “A cousin of ours,” she explained to her sister with a sigh.

As the Ackina boy addressed Thia, Estrellir raised her eyebrows just a little. He spoke as if he already knew her, as if he sympathized with her easily, displaying just a little too much familiarity for the elder sister’s taste. The way Thia responded worried her more though. Couldn’t the girl shut her mouth in the presence of strangers? “You need support? That’s one I haven’t heard before. If you were working harder for the success of your business, you wouldn’t get those kinds of ideas.” Her tone was light, but with a harsher undertone that suggested her opinion on such matters was stronger than it seemed.

Despite the warning, Thia continued to chat away. She tried to change and educate her little sister whenever possible, but at the end of the day Estrellir didn’t expect anything more than that carefree attitude. As long as Thia didn’t spill important family secrets, they were good. Taking a deep breath as her sister led them towards the sitting area, she reminded herself that Thia knew nothing of importance anyway.

Suddenly she was left alone with Jay. Blinking, she turned to the intruder… guest and gave a friendly smile. Nothing in her expression revealed the sting in her knees as she sat down or the pounding head. “So, Jay. I understand you’re a cousin of Morrison’s. Distant relatives like you usually get more freedom, but why would you practice combat skills? I’m sure the Ackina have a trained household guard of their own.”

As she tilted her head and rested her chin in a webbed hand, Estrellir wondered if she was too straightforward. On the other hand, the boy seemed less than suspicious and more than willing to answer questions for the sake of getting to know them. She’d find out how far she could push his trust soon enough.
Estrellir Konrath

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Vice on August 14th, 2014, 12:23 am

Estrellir Konrath :
Skills
  • +3 Rhetoric
  • +1 Socialization
  • +2 Observation

Lores
  • Thia Konrath: Useless
  • Scandal: Thia's promiscuity
  • Rhetoric: Verbal Assault

Consequence: Scrapes and Bruises: 1 week recovery.

If you have questions, comments, or concerns, please send me a PM, and we'll discuss my reasoning behind why the grade given was received. Please make sure to edit any posts in the grading queue to 'graded' and update your CS as soon as possible. Enjoy! ^.^
Vice
Pick yer' poison~

Words: 318086
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2014, 2:36 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes