A New Pycon Weapon.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

A New Pycon Weapon.

Postby Archailist on August 3rd, 2014, 12:40 am

An idea mostly constructed as an idea for a Pycon Sword. It is still a 'basic' stage idea that will be added to, as opinions are added and such.

Appearance: The sword appears as a very thin and very long 'strand' of metal with a similar metal hilt. It does not have an edge, but it does have a very sharp tip. Essentially, a hypodermic needle with a handle. The sizes can change, but what will remain constant is the disproportionate size compared to the Pycon wielding it. The sword is not flexible - it is not made to bend.

Mechanics: The sword is made to follow the laws of Pycon combat - aiming for pressure points and sensitive spots on the body, rather than brute-force impact. The sword takes little force to push through the skin and muscle of a body, and therefore can be used to quickly slide in and out of an opponents body to stab into sensitive nerves, or otherwise sensitive areas. This is what makes the weapon essentially deadly. A Pycon that becomes an Expert or Master in use of the Py-Sword will be able to stab such a sword between the vertebrae of the spine and render them permanently paralysed from the waist-down.

I will expand to this, as I collect more opinions. If there is enough interest, I will post a HD ticket for approval.
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

A New Pycon Weapon.

Postby Ball on August 4th, 2014, 2:46 pm

You and I were talking about this about a week ago in chat, I like the idea and honestly want to see it happen ICly more than OOC, cause it would require a bit of understanding of how the other weapons work ya know?
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

A New Pycon Weapon.

Postby Darkalin Pinewood on August 5th, 2014, 2:41 pm

Like a stiletto?
I think it would be interesting... But there would be a stage of Failures before the end product, right? Are they new, or just not revealed to the other races?
"This is Common"
This is thoughts.
"This is Symenos"
This is Writing
Darkalin Pinewood
Player

Words: 17152
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2014, 12:20 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Plotnotes

A New Pycon Weapon.

Postby Archailist on August 5th, 2014, 3:24 pm

Essentially yes, like a stiletto. Although obviously made smaller, and with a proportionately larger blade as it would be an actual sword, not a dagger.

As for introduction.. I'd suppose there are constant adaptations of weapons going on. Trials and errors.

---

Ball, I've nearly got the IC stuff sorted. :)
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)