[Lhavit OOC] It's Full of Stars

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Santaro on July 2nd, 2011, 3:24 am

Hello. :D
Santaro
Aver.

Words: 3341
Joined roleplay: July 1st, 2011, 1:59 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Postby Pwll on July 5th, 2011, 11:32 pm

Hello and welcome!

To me, that is. Because I am new.
Pwll
Monster. Ghoul. Thief of the dead.

Words: 3729
Joined roleplay: June 28th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet

Postby Ophelia on July 9th, 2011, 7:14 am

Hello Lhavitians! I return from my absence in the mystical land of Fiji. And now things are happening in Lhavit! I will be getting back into the swing of writing the next day or so, so expect Lhavit to kickstart again soon.

Now that Kelpie has retired, I am the only mod in Lhavit. Kelpie was an amazing influence and writer for me, so I am sad that she is gone, but life goes on! If anyone here was in a dialogue with Kelpie, it would do me wonders for you to PM me with any questions or plots you may have been cooking up with her. So, anything you need, anything at all, let me know and I can help out!

I am currently in the midst of rehashing my schedule, to make my Miz time a bit more balanced and not overwhelming. Things will go up in my office soon, in regards to writing and the amount of modded threads, and such. I will always get to anything people want of me, but now it may take a bit of time, and we may need to do a bit more brainstorming. I am heading back to school in a couple of weeks, and if you have a look at my absence thread, you will get an idea of what is going on in my life at the moment.

But I am glad to be back, and exceptionally glad to see several new Lhavitians in my time away have joined us. Need any help, please PM me. I am going to put my AIM up in the little side bar thing, if people need a quick fix, send me a message there, too!

Thanks, guys. I'll be an active presence once again. Welcome if you are new, and if you are an old hat - glad you're with us!
Ophelia
Just A Fool's Hope

Words: 97802
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2011, 12:40 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Gossamer on July 9th, 2011, 9:31 pm

Greetings Lhavitians.

Since the rumors are flying, I thought I'd pop in and put some official announcement up so all the players actually know what's going on instead of going by rumors and murmurings flitting about the site.

Last Tuesday we had a meeting with Kelpie before she retired in regards to the future status of Lhavit. As some of you may know, this meeting was brought about because the Founders like having a pretty big hand in our gameworld development, and Lhavit was sorta drifting off course from what we'd originally approved the city as being. We are to blame for this as much as anyone else is because of our inattention, but multiple factors brought it about including storytellers that were hugely busy off site which happens to all of us from time to time.

Kelpie has done an great job of creating an amazing city, and we're grateful for all her hard work. But no one can soldier on alone so we are going to provide plenty of support for Lhavit and Ophelia during this transitional period. I'm happy to announce Mercury is going to be moving from Wind Reach to Lhavit and assisting where ever she can, first and foremost catching up on grading threads. She'll also be running some of the pivotal plotlines that we'll need to happen to move the city from where it is currently to where it is going to be August first.

So, what does this mean for you? Actually, its pretty exciting news that we are going to be bringing the city back into its originally approved format. We won't be doing this via any artificial resets or forced rollbacks. We will be doing it via storylines ran between now and August first. August is our goal to have everything completed and reset to a more Mizaharian format. This means Lhavit will have one heck of a CURRENT rp history as a whole city. It will, by the time we are done, have gone through tremendous upheaval in just about as cool of a way possible for a city to have - via plots.

I'd love to drop hints about what is going to come, but I'm going to leave the main plots to unfold without too many teasers. I will say, however, that if you have an Eth pc that you've sidelined or even one you've dreamed about playing and just haven't had an excuse to do so, now will be the time to break them out or get their CS sheets up and invade Lhavit. Your Goddess and God - the Sun and Moon - will soon join the Stars in this wholly celestial city.

Regards,

Goss
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Mercury on July 10th, 2011, 5:45 am

Greetings My Lovelies!

Unfortunately Lhavit has suffered a great loss with the retirement of DS Kelpie and AS Ophelia. I will be stepping in to help the Founders carry Lhavit into a new age. Muhahahahaha

Now for the Important Stuff...

Important STUFF

• If you have a thread to be graded put it in my office
  • If it is in Kelpie's or Ophelia's office already, It will be taken care of in the next week
  • If you had a modded thread with either Kelpie or Ophie - Wait. Once I finish grading I will try and accommodate as many as I can. (One step at a time, eh)
  • I am still relatively new to Lhavit. If I have any slip ups, please feel free to bring them to my attention via PM. I don't bite

Mercurially Yours
For Me to Know, And You to Find Out

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Mercury
Poisoning you to insanity, one word at a time

Words: 93204
Joined roleplay: April 2nd, 2011, 4:15 pm
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Irriari on July 10th, 2011, 3:45 pm

Thank you Mercury! You're awesome!

Active thread count: 8/8
Irriari
Blood and Poison

Words: 374003
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2011, 10:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Mercury on July 12th, 2011, 5:57 pm

This is just a Thank You post for Emeric, for making these amazing Banners for me.

I can't wait to start using these in proper context. :3

Mercurially Yours
For Me to Know, And You to Find Out

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Mercury
Poisoning you to insanity, one word at a time

Words: 93204
Joined roleplay: April 2nd, 2011, 4:15 pm
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Gossamer on August 9th, 2011, 6:59 pm

Hi folks.

Just an update for those who are curious. The upgrades/rewrites for Lhavit are coming along smoothly and I suspect will be done and in place by September 1st. We are currently looking at moderators for Lhavit so don't think you will be forgotten. If you have outstanding threads that need grading, put them in my office (or Cayennes). I'm going to be catching up on grading in twos and threes daily until the backlog is done.

We are going to be doing some major behind the scenes stuff here too for a while, which should all be posted and out in the open at the season change - most of which involves plot and Zintila's gnosis and her factions.

If anyone needs any moderation (like the Cosmo Center) nudge me and I'll handle it until we get a full time mod in place. If anyone's interested in moderating, let me know, but also realize I'm going to be picky... You need to be a veteran player with at least 60 days and good writing skills.

If anyone has any questions, concerns, or wants to add their .02 cents to the changes (I HAVE A FABULOUS IDEA!) feel free to nudge me.

Regards,

Gossamer
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Aspen on August 15th, 2011, 8:41 pm

Hello lovely people of Lhavit!

As you may have heard from Gossamer's recent post here, we have lost our moderator once again.

That's where I come in!
I'm stepping up as a new AS of Lhavit to give Gossamer a helping hand.

If you have threads that need grading, please direct them my way.
That includes any you have posted in Mercury's Office.
I have yet to change my office over, but post them in there anyways.
Here is my Office for your convenience!
Lhavit Lore | Lhavit Forums | The Shinya | Zintila

"The stars are the jewels of the night,
and perchance surpass anything which
day has to show."
- Henry David Thoreau
Aspen
Your Local Tree

Words: 89936
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 10:13 pm
Office