PM to join Hope in the world

Fallon

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Hope in the world

Postby Lo'campo on November 16th, 2014, 2:51 am

An annoyed grunt and wrinkled brow showed his frustration. No, he needed to go kill the petching bastards now, then again she did have a point. He didn't want to go in blindly and in such attire only to be slain. "I guess you're right." Turning his back toward Blitzer, he signaled for the slave to return his robes to him so that they could reunite her with the little brat of a child that was left at his home. Glad to be back in more comfortable attire, he approached Blitzer. "So, I take it that you are going to accompany us back to the Quarter? Or are you going to pretend not to care and say something that's meant for confusing me only to show up again?" Giving a smirk he looked back to the slave. She was tired, scared, worried about her little girl, a true mother indeed. "It's ok, she is safe" Catching the end of the words as they left his mouth. Did he just comfort someone?

The words felt foreign to his tongue though they felt right. Shaking off the feeling, he proceeded to clean the dried human blood from his beard using the back of his hand.Signalling the woman, he hid his lakan in the sleeve of his robes, and put his hood over his head. He didn't know what to expect on the trip home, but he wanted to at least be ready for it. "Stay close, do as I say." Taking a last glance at Blitzer, Lo'campo began to walk, slave at his side. The street had cleared now that night had fallen over Sunberth. There were still those that stayed out late to commerce at the taverns and to converse with friends. Then there were the trouble makers. He knew that they would be out, especially since there were slaves that escaped. Even if word hadn't gotten out, he was sure that something would happen. His eyes shifted to both sides of the street watching the lurking shadows of those that watched them pass. Try something he spoke to himself. He wanted one of them to even flinch in his direction, and they would have the tip of his blade to answer to. Though the sounds of citizens speaking to each other filled the streets, Lo'campo heard nothing but the footsteps of his own and the slaves trying to keep up with his pace. Glancing over his shoulder, he met the eyes of a stranger. Giving a murderous look, he watched as the man averted his eyes and put his head down.

They approached the alley way that would lead them to his home. The deceased bodies from before were now stripped of all their belongings and left to rot. He began to wonder how long ago had the deed been done, and if he would be facing the thieves on his trip. Gripping his lakan tighter, he slowly moved the slave behind him now moving with caution. Hugging the wall, he peaked around the corners before continuing forward. He would have been fine traveling by himself, but with someone that couldn't fight following him, things were different...difficult. The lights of the Sunset Quarter lit the yard from a distance. They were almost there, only a short walk down the alley and they would be in the yard. He could here the low sobs of the slave. Crying had to run in the family he guessed. Entering the building, he led the slave up to his room, inviting her in to her daughter that lashed out with the weapons given to her. Reacting quickly to the child's swing, he pushed the girl down onto the floor, walking past her to see that she had not tampered with anything. He watched as they both sobbed and embraced each other. A low sigh left his breath. His day was ruined, he was almost a slave, he had to listen to the constant nagging of Blitzer. At least he got to kill a few people. Now came the task of getting the two slaves out of his apartment.

-Loxudeianis Basunreph Campo

Oumoc Basunreph Campo
Lo'campo
The Sunset Quarter monster

Words: 313620
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2014, 12:24 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Hope in the world

Postby Fallon on November 30th, 2014, 2:19 pm

And so Lo'Campo seemed to heed her words and obeyed, for now. She did not know what was going on behind those eyes, those trickles of thoughts that were convoluting and - probably - cursing her for some sense of logic she held. But that was the way she worked, it was real lives they were playing with and unnecessary risk earned one no respect or favours. No, such behaviour would only earn scorn in whatever form it may come. Fallon stepped, silent, eyes flickering to and fro, the wolf moving and licking at his chops as he stared - woman and the wolf indeed, the name throbbed in the back of her skull. Her gaze fixed to the back of Lo'Campo once more, a tunning out of the words and world around them as they stepped.

Worry, to be rid of an issue - it made her wonder what exactly his thoughts onto the entire process was. Development, learning, or a want to be rid of as soon as possible - was it a task to him he wanted no part of? Then why did he partake in it to begin with. It made little sense unless there was some other motive beneath it all - which made no sense with his present attitude to look dominating and threatening. Her head cocked to one side, the words filtering and switching through as she slowly begun to place them together into some sense of order. Hands clasped behind her back, fingers drumming out the rhythm as they passed the locals - it was at the border of the Quarters however that her attention once more begun to shift. Alerted to the eyes, the observers, those who stood in shadows and those who moved about - giving those whispered looks and glances to others.

Silence however, remained her guard and stopping at the threshold of the Akalak's home - she had not been welcomed in and thus would not enter. So, she peered in from around the door way, eyes flickering about before, she leaned away and paced. She knew of course what the next process would be, she could almost see the look in his eyes, the way he seemed to almost frown at their presence - he wanted rid of them as soon as possible. In one respect it was no surprise, they were the equivalent of having a target painted onto oneself. She paused, lifting her gaze to look upon the others before at last she cleared her throat and spoke.

"Going to guess you're not going to play house with these two?" She continued her hovering by the door way, her gaze moving down to the mother and the child, and then withdrawing, slowly and carefully, "Such a shame, would have been a lovely development to this scene." Fallon shook her head, "With that in mind... would you object to the burden being lifted from your shoulders and have I take the responsibility of them from here? I do not feel you are presently capable in your current state," She gave a flick of the finger to the grim visage that covered him, "Combat, the look, the colours, you know what I mean." She paused then, "That and your entire... visage suggests to much lacking interest. A shame."

Her attention once more returned, sharper, calculating as the loosest sense of a plan begun to grow within her head - ways out of the city. The easiest - and what she deemed to be the safest - would be getting on one of the few trade ships. Her mind mentally mapped out the route, the path ways, and then paused. It reminded her of another job once had, having to guide a merchant through the city with aid of simple disguise. Fallon cleared her throat, "Now you are both reunited, I will get you out of here. Sound good?" She did not wait for an answer, "There will be a trade vessel to Zeltiva no doubt, and I will ensure you have passage onto it. You may have to work whilst on board, but..." She gave a flick of the hand, "You will be free of the city. That is, if you choose to follow me. If you do not, then I cannot help you." It was with a pointed look she then spoke once more to Lo'Campo, "Do as you wish, Hero. I will not stop you." A smile broke out, a clapping of hands together as she gestured down out of the building and onwards, "Well, ladies. Shall we?"
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Hope in the world

Postby Ayviss on February 24th, 2015, 6:01 pm

Fallon
Skill XP
Dual Wield 3
Hypnotism 2
Intelligence 2
Interrogation 2
Intimidation 2
Leadership 1
Navigation 1
Persuasion 2
Running 1
Stealth 2
Tatics 2
Tracking 2
Weapon: Tulwar 3
Weapon: Kukri 1

Lores:
  • Patience: What has kept me alive
  • Orvin: Not to be controlled
  • Working with Orvin
  • Lo'Campo: Playing Hero
  • Fallon: Not threatened by a knife
  • Tatics: Split, divide and conquer
  • Lo'Campo: Acquitance
  • Lo'Campo: Jumps to conclusions
  • Lo'Campo: Defy the laws of Sunberth

Lo'Campo
Skill XP
Brawling 1
Intimidation 2
Leadership 3
Negotiation 1
Observation 5
Rethoric 3
Running 2
Tracking 1
Weapon: Lakan 2

Lores:
  • Sunberth: Ruthless
  • To change is to go all the way
  • I'm not a hero
  • Protecting a Child and her mother
  • Captured by slavers
  • Won't find peace in Sunberth
  • Why do I kill?
  • The Red Wolf, the Blitzer or the Leader of the Scars
  • The Blitzer: killer
  • Not good with emotions
  • To mess with slavers is a dangerous business

Comments: A very entertaining thread! I really like the writing style of you both. Wonderful job.

Please, remember to edit your grading request as "graded". And if you have any questions about your grade, or think I've missed something, don't hesitate to PM me.
Ayviss
Tell me the secrets whispered in the night

Words: 77386
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2014, 11:50 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Previous