Closed Bound by Mizas and Chains [Fallon]

A twisted game of reality is played out before two pairs of eyes.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Bound by Mizas and Chains [Fallon]

Postby Tara Kenja on November 2nd, 2014, 3:27 am

“Precisely. Indoctrinated would have been a more appropriate word.” It had been quite sometimes since Tara had a civil conversation with someone that was not a total buffoon with lack of better words. Of course her vocabulary had not always been the best since birth to present day. She could not the be only one who struggled to find the proper sentences. The Kelvic remained silent on the subject of normality. Only because what she said was true, at least in the city of Kenash.

The ebony black pupil swimming in the green rises became thin slits as they adjusted to the coming of evening. Slowly the formed back into the small orbs as many humans would have. Upon removing her hood once more to relieve her thick curls of their confinement. People had their secrets, Tara had hers it was none of her business to dive into them. It was obvious this woman would not giver her stance on the subject away any time soon.

She would not force the truth out of her mouth. Of course she did not like the idea yet another person working in the slaver's trade but, it was easy money. For Tara herself, she preferred being a common enemy of slave owners. Allies or opponent. Truth or falsehood. Nodding slowly the woman took in what that was provided about this woman. Which was not much, at all. So far she'd learned that slaves have a some-what of a moral purpose rather than just free labour and now a woman she would recognize by a rather odd name, Bitzer.

There wasn't much to be said afterwards. They had both established a foggy stance on a little fraction of society. Man could go on forever debating about the presents' way. Would she be bold and put her hand in front of this woman once more to offer to establish a acquaintanceship? Perhaps it was time the Kelvic branched out from her social confinements.

"I am a doctor, a healer. If you ever need something you know my face and name."
Shrugging nonchalantly she extended her hand for another tick. "It shouldn't be to hard to find me and I can assure you my work is much safer than this so called, Doctor Petricious.."

15/10
At this time I am no longer accepting threads. Be patient until that number goes down, than I can thread some more. :)
Tara Kenja
Life, liberty, and the pursuit of redemption.

Words: 69975
Joined roleplay: August 7th, 2014, 4:37 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Fallon on November 6th, 2014, 12:07 pm

It was the hands that returned the book once more into the depths of her coat, a narrowing of eyes as she considered what was next. Whilst this Tara introduced herself and maintained some form of civil conversation - a rarity for the average Sunberthian, thus leaving the thought that she most probably was not a local. In response she was given musing, a point to analyse back, that momentary hum of calm whilst thoughts were considered and ideals neatly pulled in for mental dissection. Hints here and there, little pickups and clues to create the bigger picture of what was and was not real.

There was the hood of course, that masked things - but something only then begun to press upon the back of Fallon's mind. Subtle, needing, but there was no reading capable of what was upon it. That lingering instinct, the glow of the eyes in the lowering light. She blinked, a hiccup in her thoughts as the woman thought she had caught something in her gaze for a fracture of a second before it slipped away out of her grasp. Part of her wanted to lean in, to scrutinize and probe for an answer. The other side reminded her that it was improper behaviour, more so for when in public and most importantly to a stranger. It did not however stop her from wondering, and that was where Fallon maintained her thoughts for the meanwhile - in wonder.

Once more the hand was extended and offered out to her, giving another moment of considering pause. What was the occasion this time? Obviously not greeting, names had been already exchanged, as were common niceties. Something else?

"A doctor? Those are... rare in Sunberth," Her mind flickered to and fro, a chew upon her lip as she tried to gauge the expression, "How fascinating. I suppose it is how you define safe." A twitch of fingers, but her hands remained within her pockets, "But I can agree that some of his methods are brow raising at times. Though, I say that from the lacking understanding in such a field. I often... avoid being there alone for such reasons. Or avoid situations which would cause me to be there all together." A small incline of the head, she lifted her hand out and took a shake, "I am Mercenary - maybe changing to something more private and investigating in the future - and leader of the Scars. If you need a sword arm," a gentle tap upon her tulwar blade, "Or need a force, maybe something can be arranged. If reasonable."

Pulling away once more Fallon gave a stretch, joints gently clicking out as she looked onwards once more. Whilst the information had been little, it had provided her with some further knowledge on slavery - little as it was. Fingers clasped together, a massage into the right palm before she gave a last look back, "Well, I believe, I am done here. So unless you require me for something Miss Kenja, I am departing."
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Tara Kenja on November 13th, 2014, 6:38 pm

The pause there was for her hand to be taken would also be made of a mental note on this woman. Though it was not something she'd hold against her. Tara was silent but nodded when Blitzer spoke. When she enlightened the Kelvic on her occupation, she was rather surprised. The whole conversation they held about slavery she assumed that she was in the business.

But, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. What was even more surprising is that she was the leader of the Scars. Yes, she had heard of the origination but never met a member of it. Tara would rather stay out Sunberth's gangs and groups all together. Even though she was not to familiar with the Scar's intentions. There was no question that doctors were rare in Sunberth.

Which wasn't all that understandable. With all the crime in the city the career is more than certain to bring a good amount of wealth. “It has been a pleasure speaking to you.. Blitzer” Yet again, the name stuck in the back of her head as a lie. “perhaps our paths will cross again.” As the woman dismissed the conversation, Tara did the same.

Despite the interesting conversation the two had, Tara was distracted from her true intentions into venturing into the city. To purchase a weapon, a Trench knife to be specific. The knife had been set in Tara's sights for sometime but now with the sunlight time decreasing steadily. It was safer for her to start her venture back to her den. Her light footed boots would take her many places.

15/10
At this time I am no longer accepting threads. Be patient until that number goes down, than I can thread some more. :)
Tara Kenja
Life, liberty, and the pursuit of redemption.

Words: 69975
Joined roleplay: August 7th, 2014, 4:37 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Avarice on December 13th, 2014, 5:34 am

Greetings! Salutations! Hello! *insert all other greetings in ze world*

I am Avarice, your lovely AS of Sunberth; and I am here to inform you that there is something wonderful coming your way...A Grade! Yes. You've finished a thread and it was wonderful so below you'll find your hard-earned XP and Lores. Any questions? PM me! (Don't be shy, I don't bite...I promise!) Also, please be sure to edit your post in the request thread to reflect your having received a grade!

Tara
XP
  • Observation +5
  • Rhetoric +4
  • Socialization +3
  • Philosophy +1
  • Logic +1
LORES
  • Slavery: An Abominable Practice
  • Bitzer, the Red Wolf
  • With Freedom Comes Identity
  • Philosophy: What is Identity?