OOC Info [Riverfall] Player Introductions and Scrapbook

Please drop by and introduce the player behind the character!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Behind the Waterfall (BtW) is Riverfalls Development and Contest Forum. Designed to support the IC forum in an OOC way, BtW contains The Suggestion Box, all Riverfall's design contests, the Perk Center, and a place for Rivarians - regardless of whether they are storytellers or not - to work on any kind of Riverfall Project they might need. BtW also contains all the discussion threads Rivarians need to support the RP in their city.

[Riverfall] Character Introductions and Scrapbook

Postby Kyo on September 6th, 2014, 6:48 am

NAME: Shae.
DOB: October 20th.

INTERESTS/DREAMS: Up until this point in my life I've always been a student. I'm planning on continuing my education within the next couple of years, when I can. This last spring I completed my AES, so I suppose you could say my career interests are in mathematics, physics, and engineering. I'm fascinated by space, what science doesn't know, and the world (and its workings) in general. That being said, I'll likely go into sustainable energy. It would be awesome to combat global warming and the negative effects of human production/consumption on the planet. Of course, I also love writing. If I could, I would be a writer (a novelist, and maybe do some short stories too) and nothing else. ^_^

CHARACTERS: Kyo and Isolde (whom I simply abandoned way back when because I'm a terrible terrible person). As of now Isolde is shelved, though I like her and want to continue her someday if I can.

OOC SITE GOALS: Well, I'm going to try to work on the Fall events I've claimed of course (the 17th and the 50th, I think). I've got some research to do on djed and magic and stuff for those. Other than that, I've gotten approval to revamp the FAQ that Verilian started, which is like a big compilation of all the questions asked in the Q&A forum. I'm pretty much starting from scratch just so I don't miss anything, and there's 39 pages to go through. So that's gonna be fun! I'm happy about this project because it's gonna let me learn a lot about Mizahar, since I'll be reading through all the questions/responses and categorizing them by content. Seeing how that goes will likely spur me to try to take up other projects around the site, other ways to contribute. And let's see... this season I'm hoping to complete the RF challenge and get the medal, along with completing various half-baked character goals. But we'll see how that goes!

OTHER: Er. There's not a lot to say about me here, I guess. A lot of my free time (of which I have an absolute ton) is spent either writing or reading. Books... I really really like them. Stephen King is cool, and Jim Butcher, Neil Gaiman, Jane Lindskold, Ray Bradbury, Charles de Lint, among others. And when I'm not writing Mizahar stuff, I'm writing my own... mostly fantasy about people with superpowers (time traveling, shape shifting, mind reading, longevity, etc.). I tend to veer towards drama and angst (anyone who's read anything with Isolde in it knows that, yikes!), so sorry if I ever go overboard! ^_^' I was hoping Kyo would be a more light-hearted character in general, though of course this season's RF plot has totally turned that on its head!

Kyo
--

Words: 328278
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2013, 6:41 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Calters on September 6th, 2014, 9:27 pm

NAME: Tyson, or Ty for short. I will also respond to any of my characters' names if that is easier for anyone.

DOB: Sept. 28

OCCUPATION: I'm currently a student. I will get a job...eventually.

INTERESTS/DREAMS: I love reading and writing and languages in general. My absolute dream job would be to move to France and teach English as a second language, as I already have 3 years of French and a lifetime of English under my belt. I don't know how realistic that is, so my backup plan is to teach French right here at home. I would also love to become an author, but whether or not that will happen remains to be seen.

CONTACT: You can reach me via Skype as Tiki River or at my gmail- Treardanz@gmail.com

CHARACTERS: Calters, Xylona Redwater, Neoma Gerbera, and Jessor Yellowmoss

OTHER: I don't really have much to say here. I'm not a terribly interesting person on my own...that's why I write. However...
Si tu parles francais, c'est pour toi. Tout le monde sont beaux! J'adore tu. Mais si tu as traduit ce- coquine!
Calters
When music hits you, you don't feel the pain

Words: 88993
Joined roleplay: June 26th, 2014, 4:07 pm
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ragdoll on September 7th, 2014, 5:07 am

NAME: Ashley-please call me Ragdoll or Rags or pretty much anything else though.

DOB: April 17th!

LOCATION: Northeast Ohio physically. I'm never too sure where my mind lingers.

OCCUPATION: Currently I'm holding down a steady job at Chick-Fil-A.

INTERESTS/DREAMS: I eventually want to open a feline clinic. I dream of having control over the flow of time.

CONTACT: My Skype is thiefoftoast. If you really feel like you need to talk to me in other ways, drop me a PM and I may or may not provide you with additional means of contacting me.

CHARACTERS: My only currently active PC is Adi Skyglow, who's here in Riverfall (and who I'm honestly thinking about shelving for a while...she's been hard to write lately and I need to focus more on being a decent AS), but I have others in Ravok, Syliras, and Alvadas.

OOC SITE GOALS: Get more involved with the player base. Do more development. Keep life interesting for all of you!

OTHER: Wow. I feel powerful. Let's see...

I'm a chat mod and I'm frequently lurking in chat. I have two cats. I'm in a relationship with Ben & Jerry (the ice cream guys, geddit?).

Oh. I'm always willing to help Rivarians out! Let me know if there's ever anything I can do for you.
Riverfall - Behind the Waterfall - Mod Request Thread - Codex - OOC
Because of RL issues and a lack of energy that I can devote to Mizahar, I've decided to step down as an AS. I'm sorry to leave so suddenly, but it's truly been fun while it lasted. Hopefully I can come back some day.
Ragdoll
To err is human; to forgive is feline.

Words: 53704
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2014, 2:19 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lynx on September 7th, 2014, 6:08 am

NAME: Zebra
DOB: March 27th
OCCUPATION: I am searching desperately for a job, but I'm also studying a Diploma in Equine Studies
INTERESTS/DREAMS: Horses! When I finish my degrees, I'm going to start up a rehabilitation center for troubled and damaged horses.
CONTACT: PM, Chat and Skype [I will only give that out to people that I know]. Also, I have a scrapbook that you're free to post on too.
CHARACTERS: Redd, Black Onyx, Shalita Farlay, Lynx & Sherashadiss
OOC SITE GOALS: I'm just working on seasonal thread goals in Riverfall and Zeltiva. If you want to help me to complete those, then please, feel free to contact me! ^.^
OTHER: My scrapbook link. I'll generally vent there whenever something is bugging me or annoying me, or even just funny stuff. I'm mostly pretty approachable, cause I'm kinda passive and I like new ideas, especially seeing as I've been in a rut lately, so new ideas are really welcomed! Also! I am trying to think of a challenge for someone, so if you guys want to throw a challenge my way, feel free!

My biggest pet peeve is that my writing occasionally picks up either extra commas or unnecessary hyphens. It annoys the
crap out of me, so I tend to type extra slow because of it and double check my writing. A habit I developed to try and fix those little errors that pop up.

Uh... Not much is very interesting about me, I'm a very average and plain person, except I'm not a very healthy one. So if I mention doctor visits, it's because I have a condition that needs to be kept on top of otherwise it's a very painful and long journey to get back to a semi-normal state. At this I will leave this here, because I have no idea as to what else to put here. o.o
The Mind
Is a wealth of triggers
Image Image Image
Active Threads: 3/5
Lynx
The Mind is a Powerful Thing

Words: 70657
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2014, 10:41 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Alyra on September 7th, 2014, 8:50 pm

Name Brittany

Birthday March 18th

Location Chicago, for now. I'll (hopefully) be moving to Missouri within the next year.

Occupation Student as of right now, working to become a teacher.

Interests/Dreams After graduating, I hope to join the Peace Corps. I'll be teaching others how to teach, as well as teaching children in underdeveloped communities. I also dream of being able to read minds, but that may or may not be possible. :P

Characters Alyra, Piraen (over in Ravok, the second best city in Mizahar)

OOC Site Goals Get a tailoring business up and running in Ravok with Pi. Get Alyra to become a teacher, and explore her life before Ethaefalness.

Other I'm a big Netflixer. Game of Thrones, Doctor Who, Leverage, all that nerdy stuff. I'm deathly afraid of spiders. I love dogs. Everything else is in my scrapbook, so if you want more just head on over there. :)

Thoughts ~.~ Common ~.~ Tukant (0000BF) ~.~ Kontinese (FFFFFF)
Piraen
Alyra
Player

Words: 70686
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2012, 7:52 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

[Riverfall] Player Introductions and Scrapbook

Postby Kyo on September 18th, 2014, 8:52 am

Pretty blue (Akontak) cupcakes say
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JEN!

...I hope you like cupcakes. They're 'blue velvet'.

EDIT: Also, just noticed... we have a TON of September birthdays. v_v So sorry for not seeing that before, but have a cupcake now! We should, like, throw a party or something. So many birthdays.

Kyo
--

Words: 328278
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2013, 6:41 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Zamora Baltiste on September 20th, 2014, 6:52 pm

NAME: Avery
DOB: January 2, 1993
LOCATION: I live on the East Coast in America!!! Deep in the mountains oooooo~
OCCUPATION: I'm actually a full time student but to make a little moola on the side I work at a Kmart in my hometown. I also like to volunteer a local museum when I get some spare time!
INTERESTS/DREAMS: My biggest dream is to finish my school work and become a clinical psychologist! Mental illness has touched my life in a variety of ways and I want to help those that suffer from mental illnesses.
CONTACT: The easiest way to contact me is through the Chat or PM on this site. I don't really have any one chat type programs!
CHARACTERS: Right now I only have one character, Zamora Baltiste
OOC SITE GOALS: Right now I'm not really working on anything besides adjusting to the site! Though I hope in the future I might be able to contribute to the site in some way!
OTHER: Fun fact about me is that my favorite animal is the octopus!
Zamora Baltiste
Player

Words: 6076
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2014, 4:34 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Shon on October 19th, 2014, 9:05 pm

NAME: Adam or Megatron, whichever you prefer

DOB: June 20th

OCCUPATION: I'm a case manager/counselor at a rehabilitation facility for youth that have received a felony I or II charge from the state, and are on the verge of facing big-boy time if they can't straighten up. We challenge their thinking through CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) programming that comes from years of research out of fancy shmancy colleges. We're sort of the 'test' to that research, so we're always evolving in the way we handle things. It's a rewarding job in its own right, but we do deal with hormonal teenagers who all have some form of past history with violence...so you get an idea of what we're dealing with.

Our facility is contracted through the state, and we receive our clients from all over Ohio. Some have mental illnesses, gang affiliations, heavy drug use, sex offenses, and all of them with a rap sheet that would make you cringe to look at. First timers aren't usually sent our way, and we've had a history of those who get quite a bit of media attention. It's fascinating to say the least, and I enjoy all aspects of it...except for the times we need to go hands on. I handle them well enough, but I feel as though I've failed in some way when taking them down is the only option that's left.

INTERESTS/DREAMS: I love reading and writing obviously, but couldn't tell you who my favorite author is or even what genre I enjoy writing most. I love backpacking whenever I get the free time, and have a love/hate relationship with my body. Right now it's very much in a hate stage as I've allowed myself to stress eat all the way into oblivion because of work. I'll be getting back into shape here shortly, which in turn gives me the energy to do other things.

I have a dog named Spotticus (pitbull/labrador mix) for whom I love dearly, and a cat named Mila (all black with a white bowtie) who I'm convinced is one of Satan's little helpers. Still, I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world.

As far as dreams go, I really do just like to live in the moment. It infuriates others at times when I don't plan very far ahead into the future, but I'm happy being me. I learned long ago to just embrace all the things that make you who you are, and gradually work on those things that cause the most harm. Planning ahead isn't at the top of the list right now.

CONTACT: You can reach me in a whole mess of ways, but let's start with a PM and go from there, shall we?

CHARACTERS: I've had many over the years, but plan on sticking with Shon for the time being. Gideon also holds a special place in my heart, and may be revisited in the near future. Raif, Antares, Indyrio, Aidan Sutter...Sorry to say, but they've been shelved.

OOC SITE GOALS: Sailing, for right now. I've been doing a lot of reading and research and have made it into a bit of a project that I hope to make into a development thread somewhere down the line. My art skills aren't even what you'd call "mediocre", but with some time and a lot of patience, I'd like to draw out a few ship designs that are Miz unique.

OTHER: I think I covered this part when I started rambling on about interests and goals... Umm, I can get pretty sarcastic (in a very loving way of course) when I'm comfortable with you, and like to dish out the :| faces.

I look forward to writing with the lot of you!
Shon
Boatswain

Words: 5320
Joined roleplay: January 12th, 2014, 5:25 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Adrien Dair on October 29th, 2014, 2:39 am

NAME: Jake
DOB: Feb, 28th, 1992.
INTERESTS/DREAMS: I play hockey, drive, play videogames, go paintballing. Pretty much it. My dreams are to many to really list.
CHARACTERS: Adrien, Aider, Akua.
OOC SITE GOALS: Ive worn a skirt before and have to say they are very comfortable. To be honest Im not one to really talk about myself. Im a very harsh critic when it comes to thinks I do and often wonder how I can do it better. Not that its really a bad thing. I really enjoy being outdoors, camping and the like. But I enjoy writing and computers make that easy. I've been playing hockey for three years now, goaltending is fun. Maybe a bit masochistic but I enjoy getting hit with circular black things. Take that as you will. I am generally easy to get along with even though I can be a bit sarcastic and dry with my humor. I also like to argue and discuss things. I have six dogs, two cats, ten chickens and four horses. Nice to meet you all.
Adrien Dair
Seeker of the unseen

Words: 94322
Joined roleplay: October 26th, 2014, 12:36 am
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Mayhem1 on December 1st, 2014, 12:18 am

NAME: Maya (Yes, Maya Mayhem. I'm like a supervillain, almost.)
INTERESTS/DREAMS: I want to be an aeronautical engineer.
CONTACT: Catch me on AIM at thedeansaster (Community references forever.)
CHARACTERS: It's TOP SECRET, but I'll reveal my new Rivarian: Pisces.
OOC SITE GOALS: Clear out the whole grading thread, make Cyphrus even better than it already is, help develop Xy, set fire to the rain.
OTHER: I love Riverfall. Everyone here is beautiful and awesome at writing. I love that I have the privilege to ST here, even if I haven't done much other than grading. :) Hit me up on AIM whenever you'd like, I love talking to/helping people/coming up with fantastic plotlines.

About myself, I'm constantly getting excited about everything. Monsoon and Gossamer know this first hand (they also know how I tend to piece by piece narrate the thread I'm grading to them, especially at suspenseful parts). I also love all of the races, though Pycons are a little strange (no offense to Pycons, but you are!)

This introduction is a bit short, but whatever. <33
Syliras ★ threads: 0/4
Mayhem1
what the knights are protecting you from

Words: 12697
Joined roleplay: November 2nd, 2014, 4:35 pm
Race: Staff account
Scrapbook

PreviousNext