[Nyka Location] The Gates

Post here first!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Postby Elissar Surion on January 16th, 2013, 9:30 pm

Elissar had been riding for days on end, he was tired and hungry, but he could not rest now, he was so close, then he saw them, the walls of the city of Nyka, he approached them and was greeted by a guard.
"Halt, what is your business here today" The guard asked sternly

Elissar glanced around a skittish look in his eye, "well uh see I merely come to uhm resupply and i'm just passing by."

"Mhm, first we must inspect you," the guard replied sternly, after inspecting him they let him through.
Elissar Surion
Player

Words: 862
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2013, 7:14 pm
Race: Kelvic

Postby Shouta on January 28th, 2013, 12:43 am

12th Day of Winter, Nyka Gates
The night sky was bright and the cold kisses of the wind numbed Shouta's toes, though he had long ago become used to such things. The stars and the moon held a special sense of wonder for him, though he was undoubtedly firm in his place within Nyka. After his ascension to the rank of Novice monk of the Sharp Blade he knew where he was meant to be. Dangling his Kusarigama chain around his neck, Shouta held the kama end in his right hand loosely, and the weighted iron foxhead end in his left.

The breeze blew a woolen monk's cowl around his neck and black hair slid around his horns. He had been told by his Acolyte to check in with Poleaxe at the gate before continuing along the wall back to the Northern Quarter. He would spend the night drawing sigils of protection on the houses of sleeping Nykans.

Poleaxe was a huge, formidable man with a respectable skill with his weapon. Uphis monks were the guardians of the walls, as the most war ready of the four orders, and Poleaxe was entrusted with the main gate. Such a man was to be triffled with at one's own risk. Shouta hoped he would command such skill with his own weapon of choice one day.

The Ethaefel bowed at the back of Poleaxe as the man stood, unbent by the wind. The three monks with Poleaxe glanced back at him, unconcerned. They had a task to be about, and Shouta did not expect them to leave the main gate unwatched while they chatted with him. "Poleaxe, I am checking in with you before returning to the Northern Quarter to continue my next task for the night."

Poleaxe waiting until Shouta addressed him to speak, though undoubtedly had know he was there well beforehand. He turned and set a weathered eye upon the novice monk. "Good then. the good thing about you" Poleaxe began, amusement lightening his tone. "is that even in the dead of night your eyes do not grow heavy. Take your horns back to the Quarter..." He haved a huge, knuckled hand towards the step to the wall.

Shouta bowed, his chain clinking, and turned to go. As he left, his eye returned to the heavens and he longed for the serenity of the practice ring once again. Thought was banished in the martial dance of the monks, and without thought there was peace...
Shouta
Of the Crane and Fox

Words: 59205
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2013, 10:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Laurie White on February 1st, 2013, 10:50 pm

32nd, Winter of 512 AV

The boat ride seemed short to Laurie. She fell asleep during the ride so that's part of the reason why. She wore her cloak on her shoulders, her hair had a braid going across it as the rest of her hair fell in curls. She only had one dress. Her long blue dress with the black belt. Once she made it to Nyka she stopped to admire it. It was so beautiful. She gaped at Nyka. She wanted to live there. She shook her head in amazement and started walking toward the gates. It was nice to know she didn't have to worry about running into the wrong people. They didn't allow Myrians here, a race that Laurie was afraid of. And Ziths don't really go there and if so they're stable. She heard the monks welcomed others, treated outsiders with respect.

She smiled at the guards who didn't seem to give the same expression back but they welcomed her with a nod of her head.
Laurie White
Princess of Kindness

Words: 17654
Joined roleplay: December 31st, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nessa Hyde on February 7th, 2013, 7:36 am

35th of spring 513
Nessa sighed as she finally saw a city come into view... It was getting late in the day and she didn't fancy spending a might in the wildlands! They weren't particularly accommodating to young women such as herself. She dismounted her horse and patted it's nose before walking to the gates and looking at the monks through her pale blue eyes.

"Halt!" she heard one say and she jumped slightly, already uncomfortable with the amount of people nearby. "What is your business in Nyka?"

"I've been examining plants in the wildlands, and it is getting late! I don't particularly want to spend another night put there..." she said calmly, then smiled as the monk silently waved her into the city...
Last edited by Nessa Hyde on April 18th, 2013, 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nessa Hyde
The Wandering Artist

Words: 6312
Joined roleplay: February 6th, 2013, 11:51 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Revy Hiroe on March 2nd, 2013, 8:20 pm

12th Day Spring, 513 AV.

Finally, the target of her destination was in sight. The human mercenary hated the journey. Because she was alone, she hadn't been able to sleep much. If she did manage to get some, it was not more then half a bell. Because of this she was grumpy, moody and above all else... tired.

Her leather armor looked quite filthy. Mudstains adorning her cloak and her backpack looked like it had seen better days. Her journey hadn't been easy. More then once did she have to defend herself from wild life and more then once did she get out of that totally exhausted. Fighting wildlife while carrying all of her stuff was... to say the least, cumbersome.

But nonetheless, she did make it to Nyka... only to be stopped by the guards at the entrance.
"Halt! State your business." one of the guards barked at the mercenary.

"Looking for work. Think that I'd be able to get some contracts here.", she replied rather curt.

The guard, not having any real reason to stop her, nodded and let her in. "Stay out of trouble.", was what he told her as she passed, making it sound more like a threat.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Gideon Kys on March 4th, 2013, 1:41 am

3rd of Spring 513 AV

The wind blew threw his blonde hair as he stood staring out at the landscape all around him, His eyes never shifting. He turned to face the large gates and the walls that surrounded his home. He Advanced towards the gate walking slowly for he was in no hurry to return to his home. Poleaxe decided to greet him with a hearty hello. "hello" Gideon said sleepily as he continued to walk past the towering guard. Poleaxe stopped him. "Whats wrong with you?" the guard asked him quickly trying to figure out what was wrong with the boy who he had also seen grow within the walls of the city. "nothing is wrong, I'm just tired and wish to return to my bed and turn in for the night" though these truly were not Gideon's intentions he said these words as if they were the straight truth. "Well then run along and don't cause a stir in the city" Poleaxe Replied. "I won't" Gideon replied coldly and continued to walk into the city not turning back.
hai
Gideon Kys
LittleBig Thief

Words: 6303
Joined roleplay: February 25th, 2013, 12:24 am
Character sheet

Postby Toggie on March 15th, 2013, 11:46 pm

“I swear. This travel… Is my father really trying to be rid of me? Bones that I didn’t know I had are aching.” Toggie thought to herself as she moved her bag from one frail hand to the other. The rough fabric left her palm red and irritated.

As sore and as red and irritated as she was, it all seemed worth it when the tiny woman finally reached the gates. She stopped for a moment to set her bag down and just admire. The city certainly was lovely. She reached up and pulled the light grey scarf that covered the lower half of her face down an inch or so for two reasons. One being for a better view… The other to fill her nose with new air. Air that tossed her curled and slightly tangled dark hair all around her head. Once she was satisfied that she’d absorbed the view into her memory, she picked up her bag and kept walking.

She didn’t know a whole lot about this city… But what she had heard made her really hope she’d manage to get in. She had good reasons! She spent the whole journey reciting the name of who she was supposed to meet with again and again in her mind.

“Halt!”

Oh no. It was happening. These were the guards. Monks, right? She’d heard so. What did it matter? They were definitely armed and definitely talking to her! Oh dear.

Toggie slowly looked up. Her round, brown eyes wide and uncertain.

“Uhm… Hello…” She said slowly in her quiet, slightly raspy voice.

“What is your business here today?” The guard said gruffly.

Her business? It was business! But there were a tonne of things she wanted to do. She could have just as easily spouted out “I’m travelling! This is so exciting! I want to see everything! I hear there are interesting bridges… I want to see those! I wonder what the houses look like here...” However, the intimidating eyes that watched her kept her pretty quiet. Her thoughts stayed to herself.

“I was sent here by my father. Business reasons. I am to meet with someone…”

“What is on your face?” He asked. Completely disregarding what she said previously.

“A scarf.” She said, touching the soft fabric that covered her face. Checking that it was still in place.

“What are you hiding under there?”

“A face.” She responded bluntly. Why did he assume she was hiding something? Then she remembered what her father warned. Right… Suspicious lot. She stood in silence for a moment. She just knew she was being eyed. She could feel the guard’s gaze piercing like a knife. Eventually she sighed and pulled her scarf down off her face. Exposing a hideous scar-like deformity that covered a corner of her mouth and her left jaw and cheek. The guard stared for a second longer, then he waved her along. She sighed, re-covered her face, and kept walking. Already unsure if she’d like it here.
Toggie
Player

Words: 5947
Joined roleplay: March 14th, 2013, 12:11 am
Character sheet

Postby Sha'kar on March 20th, 2013, 1:15 am

1st Day of Spring, 513 AV

Sha'kar approacehd the gates of the great city of Nyka, his mask covering his for a moment before he removed it to show it to the guards. They searched his gear, talked to him for a moment before letting him pass, he had arrived, he was finally here. He was here because of two things, monks and Uphis himself, his chosen deity of worship out of the pantheon of other greats. He had chosen him due to his constant use of the blade, and now he was in a city so close to him.

Age may wither the stone, and it may shatter will, but I will stand tall till the end.

"Uphis guide my hand and keep my blade beneath your sway"

Vocal cord damage - Odd rasping hoarse voice
Sha'kar
Player

Words: 11980
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2013, 8:53 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet

Postby Talulah on March 30th, 2013, 9:34 pm

89th day of Spring. Sometime before sunrise.

Talulah sighed and leaned against Jewel's neck as she slowly clopped forward. The Strider glowed softly in the dark and lit their path. The guards stared in amazement at her horse as she approached but she ignored them, to tired to explain. Before they opened their mouths to ask the typical questions, I said, "I'm just a wanderer looking for a place to stay for a little while. Yes I have a weapon, a sword but I'm not stupid enough to use it and get in trouble. Now where's the bar in this place?"

The guards stared at me for a moment, surprised with my honesty, then one said "Try The Sharp Tongue Pub. Over that way." I nodded and thanked him then directed Jewel in the direction he pointed.
They say stubborness...

...Is a curse...

Text
"Common"
"Pavi"
"Thinking"
Talulah
Player

Words: 29551
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2012, 4:18 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Emilia Denevarcus on March 31st, 2013, 2:20 am

2nd Of Spring

Emilia looked at the tall walls for sometime. It was only the second time she had made the journey to Nyka a much quieter journey than the last. A few other's were walking past her as they entered the city. The monks at the gate were asking questions to some and letting others go without a second glance. Emilia assumed it was just for actual citizens. Checking her bag for everything she walked pulled her horse along with her as she went to the gate.
Two monks walked up to her on ether side. "State your business here." The monk asked on her right. The other walked to the horse and was looking at the gear. "I'm looking for work if you must know," she turned to the monk by here horse "All your going to find is simple camping items." A grumble was heard as the monk continued to look. "Any weapons or illegal supplies?" The monk continued to ask.
Emilia reached down onto her pants and slid her kukri blade out. "Just this." She answered sliding it back in the sheath. The two monks nodded and motioned their arms allowing her passage into the city. A small sigh of relieve escaped Emilia's lips as she walked into the first large town in many weeks.
Emilia Denevarcus
Player

Words: 4072
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2013, 2:41 am
Character sheet

PreviousNext