[Nyka Location] The Gates

Post here first!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Postby Elias Caldera on January 21st, 2016, 1:54 am

9th Day of Winter

It took one hesitant step to completely let the darkness envelope him, two more before he was free of its nightmarish grasp at last. Elias shuddered violently as he exited the portal, his eyes only daring to open again once tickled into curiosity by the light of the dawn they had stepped out into. Blinking to clear away the blur, the mage managed to fixate his gaze on the sprawling Nykan wall off in the distance and the small gaggle of people gathered at its entrance. "This'll be you then, Mr. Caldera." Came a gruff voice from his left.

"This'll be me then." The young man muttered through a wary sigh. He turned and looked at the one who had a spoken, a tall older man, his head shaven into a topknot and his eye covered by an old leathery patch. He handed Elias the reigns of something still poking through the portal behind them and the Ravokian gave an annoyed tug to draw it out. A horse followed suit -his horse specifically- plodding along as calm as calm could be thanks to the blindfold over its eyes. He had made the mistake of trying to take the stallion through without once before and thing had nearly killed him and his voider out of sheer terror. Elias should have taken the things advice and blindfolded himself that first time as well. Too late to forget what he had seen now. Far too late.

With the mount clear of the event horizon of the void, Elias found himself staring helplessly into the swirling vortex of nothingness that had seen him traversed across the countryside within minutes what would have taken a horse days. Clearing his throat, he turned expectantly to Malachai and waited. The man, despite the bad angle of his dead eye towards Elias, somehow took notice of the look and rolled his remaining good eye with a groan. With a snap of his finger however, the portal dissipated a tick later, its shadowy presence disintegrating into open air to reveal the barren winter fields and dead trees behind them.

The Caldera nodded contently and was about to start checking his saddle bags and harness when a rolled up parchment was shoved in his face. "Here." Malachai said quietly, foisting the paper upon his younger traveling companion. "Take it and-"

"Don't need it." Elias interrupted, turning back to the straps and buckles of his horses attire. "Already got it all memorized. Their names and everything. All up here." He grinned mirthlessly as he prodded the side of his noggin with a gloved finger. The elder Ebonstryfer frowned, but eventually relented in the end, sliding the paper back into his cloak and turning away. The void burst into existence once more at his beckoning but Elias was already walking off towards the gates. "Remember Caldera, you can't afford to fail us again." Malachai warned, his staunch tone harsh and gravely with the implied threat. The other Ravokian merely waved him off without so much as looking back.

"Yah yah, thanks for the ride, now get back in your hole leave me be. I've got work to do."
Elias Caldera
Playa

Words: 1255799
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2013, 1:28 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
Ravok Seasonal Challenge (1) 2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Nolt Winterflame on March 19th, 2016, 11:55 pm

8th Day of Spring, 516 AV

His worn boots scaping along the cobblestones, Nolt finally reached the gates of Nyka. It was still early in the day but the place was already bustling with traffic going in and out of the city. He joined the line of wagons waiting to pass the inspection of the city monks.

The sea breeze carried the fragrance of spring as it pulled playfully at his clothes. A new year, a new city, a new beginning. It had taken him ages to reach Nyka. He hadn't bathed all winter. The sheep on a nearby wagon gave him a queer look and he had all reason to believe that they were more bothered by his smell than he was by theirs.

When his turn came, the head monk, a burly fellow with a poleaxe, looked at Nolt and waved the youngest of the four monks forward to search the newcomer's possessions. Every item was carefully inspected. When they got to his longbow, Mr. Poleaxe glared at Nolt, then at the bow and back at Nolt. The monk's expression was getting graver by the chime. Nolt started chewing on his lip nervously. He hadn't anticipated any problems regarding his weapons. He was mulling over what to say when there was a resounding boom and the ground shook beneath his feet.

The next moment he found himself on the cobblestones, the head monk was shouting orders and ran off to investigate accompanied by two more. The young monk was still clutching the bow. He looked down at Nolt and handed it back to him. "Gather your stuff and get inside. Try to stay alive if you can. There's a hostel over at the Celestial Square for outsiders like you."
Nolt Winterflame
Player

Words: 2058
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2016, 10:24 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Quiver on May 7th, 2016, 4:16 am

Spring 25, 516

It seemed as if Quiver had been traveling for forever. Quite honestly, for a Pycon, it was nearly impossible to comfortably ride a horse. Oh well, Quiver held on best he could, and at times traveled in one of his companion's travel bags. Although it was quite smelly, it was much easier, lessening Quiver's fear of falling off. Currently, Quiver was standing next to, welll actually, below his horse.

The walls of Nyka were majestic. In fact, Quiver yearned to utilize the stone they were carved out of whenever he morphed. Glancing forwards, Quiver observed an armed guard motioning the immigrants forward. With an air of courage, Quiver stepped forward; although, Quiver was more afraid than he was brave.

"Quit yer yapping!" shouted, presumably the commander, "Line up in an orderly fashion. All weapons and wares must be displayed on entrance. The commander was a gruff human male. His face was pitted with scars, one running from his eye to his mouth. Unsurprisingly, the man's voice was extremely deep. He was dressed in dark robes with a poleaxe strapped to his side, glinting in the sun.

Quiver was the next one in line, and when the commander noticed him, he sneered. "Why, aren't you cute!" the commander uttered, "What's your purpose of traveling here?"

Gulping, Quiver replied, "Well. Well, sir!"

"Get on with it already!" the commander moodily interjected.

Quiver might be naive, but he was not stupid. He did not want to reveal his true ast as well as his current work as a mage. "Who knows how this man might react, better to play it safe," Quiver thought.

"I'm a Pycon here just traveling the world, searching for my true form. I'm quite harmless actually!" Quiver proclaimed in what he hoped sounded like his meekest voice.

"'Ey men, listen to this petcher's deep voice," the commander yelled out before guffawing. Quiver was dumbstruck; they were amused by his voice.

"Think they can laugh at my voice like that. I'll show them," Quiver angrily though. He was quite moody fom the long journey. However, before Quiver could draw any Djed, the commander motioned him through the gates.

Ominously, the comander proclaimed, "Remember, don't stay out at night."
Another one.

-Feel free to PM criticisms of my posts!-

"Foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." -Emerson
Quiver
Voted GQ's "Sexiest Hunk of Clay!"

Words: 8569
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2016, 4:37 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nixie on July 3rd, 2016, 9:32 am

10th of Summer, 516 AV.

Nixie approached the gate without hurry, slowing to a stop a short distance from the gates guards. She was unremarkable to them, but asked what her business was because they needed to follow protocol. Nixie really didn't have any specific business within the city. It was just a place she hadn't ever been to. The guards were a bit bewildered by Nixies lack of purpose, but motioned for her to go on inside anyways.
"Tourists, am I right," one guard asked the other.

Right now my computer isn't working and am being forced to write posts on my phone. So please be patient with me. And sorry for any spelling errors or lack of post coding.
Nixie
Who do you think I am?

Words: 110008
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:16 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Previous