[Nyka Location] The Gates

Post here first!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Postby Leith on June 16th, 2013, 8:16 am

To say she was in a sticky situation indeed would be an understatement. The man who had tricked her then collared her was the person responsible, but little did he know that he picked the wrong raven to keep from the skies. Aron De Soto was going to find her a crafty Kelvic and if he thought she’d be easy prey he had another thing coming. She didn’t know why the ship was on the move, nor why it eventually stopped, but she was going to find out and take her well deserved revenge.|
|
|
Leith
Collector of Shiny Things

Words: 57245
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2012, 7:12 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Victor Freeman on June 25th, 2013, 8:02 pm

5th of Summer, 513 AV

As he strode towards the entrance to Nyka, Victor let out a loud, long sigh of relief. He had journeyed long and hard to get here, to Nyka. It felt like he hadn't stopped to breathe since he left Kenash, though that was nearly a year ago now. He'd been in Syliras for a while but it felt like only a moment, especially with all the 'odd jobs' he'd picked up while in the town. Mostly guard jobs. Apparently the brand on his face made him look tough or something, because most of the thugs who wanted to start trouble with other guards tended to chill out around him. He didn't really understand it, but then again, he didn't understand much about this world called 'Mizahar' to begin with. Men walking around without masters, without overseers, no fear of the whip or the fist. But he brushed those thoughts aside as he approached the city.

"So!" He spoke aloud to only himself, "This is Nyka! What do you have for me, Oh great city of warriors?"

He had come because of rumors he heard in Syliras. Apparently the city was filled with some special kind of warriors called 'monks'. And then there were legends of some grand master of combat who ran a school around here. By all accounts Nyka seemed the place to begin a journey towards power. Who better to learn to kill from than a city of warriors, after all?
Last edited by Victor Freeman on June 27th, 2013, 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Victor Freeman
Knock Knock

Words: 7478
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2013, 1:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Zenab on June 27th, 2013, 1:43 am

4th day of summer 513 AV

It's my path. Not yours

The long lost desert dweller strode peacefully toward the gate of celestial city. Pale shawl covered her head hiding her bright green iris in the calm shadow. Zenab didn't feel any relief when she first saw the city. The end of a journey was a beginning of another one. At least she was happy to arrive there alive.

"Hold your step" a guard step in her way " 'Strange to see a women traveling alone these day. What business bring you here maam? Are you sure you're onot lost?"

He was right, she was lost. But she can't go anywhere and it didn't matter anymore.Zenab smiled at the heavily armed warrior. They must be Nykas guards. Just like the Yahalmen back at Yahebah.

" No I'm not lost sire, I'm looking for someone that might be here... or was here. You won't find trouble from me sir"

It took seconds for the guards to look at her thin backpack as it was nothing suspicious there before the guards bid their welcome to her. Nyka. She didn't even know why on earth she struggled all her way there. There was no one there, no family, no friends. She didn't have any purpose to do. Nothing except a slight thought that keep her sanity. She smiled to the walled city, 'Its now you and me. Please be nice to me'
Zenab
Player

Words: 6692
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2013, 6:51 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Postby Shinzu Kaesar on July 7th, 2013, 4:50 am

16th of Summer, 513 AV

The city of Nyka was drenched with rain, atypical of regular summer nights. The merciless torrent pounded at the gravelled ground, washing away the dust and dirt that had accumulated over the past few weeks. Yet, in the midst of this rain, walked one lone stranger. Dorn with a grey hooded coat and dark pants, he almost seemed to blend into the night, a silhoutte of almost ominous intent headed right for the city.

As he reached the gates of Nyka, his path was obstructed by two wooden quarterstaffs that crossed in front of him.

"Halt and identify yourself" One of the warrior monks guarding the gates declared warily.

Shinzu Kaesar pulled the hood off his head to reveal his youthful face, with a cheeky grin. He was barely 18 years old and almost reeked of naivety to the warrior monks, although that was anything but true.

"My name is Shinzu Kaesar. I am merely a wanderer down on my luck hoping to seek my fortune in this city. My primary tradecraft is healing, as I have some experience in the medical sciences, but I do have some other tricks up my sleeves." He said in a loud clear voice.

"None that would actually cause you concern or trouble though" He added hastily as one of the monks tensed his grip on the quarterstaff. It was still too early for him to be causing any sort of trouble.

The leader of the group of warrior grunted passively and decided that Shinzu was merely just another arrogant youth who had yet been beaten down by his betters. Which was once again anything but true.

Shinzu gave a respectful nod to the monks and strutted into the city. Now the hard part was over. All he had left to do was find some shelter and start making a living. He couldn't help glancing back though, at the sight of the warrior monks guarding the gates. They stood motionless in the heavy torrent, a living embodiment of strenght, endurance, power and discipline.

"Perhaps it won't be half bad to become one of them..." He mused to himself as he proceeded into the city.
Shinzu Kaesar
Player

Words: 5958
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2013, 11:35 pm
Character sheet

Postby Demo Eidol on July 14th, 2013, 5:38 am

28th Day of Summer, 513 AV
As Demo approached the city, floating easily along the path, he saw rain begin to fall. It had showered on and off all day long, but it was really starting to downpour as he neared the gates of Nyka. It had been such a long time since another being had greeted him first that Demo was surprised when the guard at the gate called out a greeting.

The surprise and shock morphed quickly into understanding and a vague disappointment as a large caravan rolled through Demo and continued toward the gate. As he passed the guard, a muscular man with a halberd, Demo appeared for only split second in the warrior's peripheral vision. When the man snapped his head immediately to the side and scanned the area, staring directly at Demo, the ghost stifled a small laugh.

Yes, I think I'm going to enjoy this city He decided, passing through the gates as they closed behind the caravan. I'm going to enjoy it quite a bit.
Normal Text is Common
Red Text is Shiber
Blue Text is Kontinese
Unless I've said otherwise, assume I'm invisible. :)
Demo Eidol
Ghost With The Most

Words: 3213
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 2:37 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Kepi on July 15th, 2013, 3:01 am

29th Day of Summer 513 A.V.

Kepi approached the city. This would be the first city she had ever been to besides her own. Besides her city of birth. She was riding her water pony, though she was quite clumsy on it, and had already fallen off multiple times.

After reaching the city gate, she allowed the monks to search her, and her bag. They were nearly laughing at her. Because she was a Konti, and they knew that she wouldn't last long.

Finally they let her pass through the gates, and she did so, quite nervous.
Kepi
Player

Words: 3232
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 11:41 pm
Race: Konti

Postby Xzavyiehn on August 10th, 2013, 6:59 am

63rd Day of Summer, 513 AV
Xzavyiehn approached the gates of Nyka. She wasn't too fond of authority, but luckily a human appearance masked her true nature. She had her hooded cloak up, shading her face as she drearily passed the guards. But of course, they stopped her.
"Hey, you!" Xzavyiehn took a couple more steps forward. "Stop, immediately, hooded creature!" She sighed, annoyed, and turned around dramatically.
"Yes, honorable men of the law?" They didn't appreciate her sarcasm, and she could tell by the looks on their faces.
"You better watch your mouth, girl." She grinned mischievously.
"My apologies. What do you wish of me?" Oh, guards were so bland. She couldn't have any fun with them.
"Remove your hood." Xzavyiehn rolled her eyes and pulled back the shield covering her features. She knew what they saw; average, pretty, human... and that's the way she wanted it. From this distance they couldn't possibly see her slitted eyes.
"State your business, human." She grinned again.
"I wish to study and enhance my knowledge." They nodded. A student would be no trouble to them.
"Alright. On your way." Xzavyiehn Leviathan nodded slightly and flicked her hood back up, turning around briskly and continuing on her way. This would be a fun town.
Last edited by Xzavyiehn on August 19th, 2013, 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xzavyiehn
Player

Words: 3866
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2013, 8:16 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Evera on August 17th, 2013, 11:16 pm

Day 79 of Summer, 513 AV

Evera held her bag close to her chest and bowed her head as she approached the guards. One of them motioned for her to stop and demanded, "What is your business here, miss?" Evera raised her head a little and mumbled, "To-to find work, s-sir." The guard inspected her bag. He scanned her book to make sure it wasn't anything dangerous, then saluted and let her pass.

She stepped through the gate and looked around with awe. The city didn't look much like Syliras, but she was still impressed. But she couldn't dawdle long; people were giving her odd looks, and she had to find a place to stay for the night. She was told that she could reside at the Safehaven Hostel, but she didn't know where that was. She stopped a bystander and asked, "C-can you tell me where the...the Safehaven Hostel is- is located?" He pointed her towards the Celestial Quarter, so she thanked him and went in the indicated direction.
Evera
Player

Words: 3284
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2013, 10:36 pm
Character sheet

Postby Summer on August 23rd, 2013, 9:20 am

82 Summer 513 AV

Summer considered the city gates of Nyka. Even from this distance, she could discern two figures up ahead. They were both men; each dressed in thick brown hooded robes. The older monk approached. His fluid gait and broad shoulders attested that this man was more than just a religious follower--he was a fierce warrior charged with the overwhelming task of defending a city. A mace hung from his left hip, swaying while he sauntered forward. As he drew closer, Summer noticed that his look of disdain had faded. Now there was the glint of appraisal in his eye, as if she were livestock at auction.

“And what is your purpose in the Celestial Seat?” he sneered.

Summer lifted a hand and dragged painted nails through her unruly hair. The sun was hot and she could feel sweat grease the palm of her hand. The uncomfortable pinch of her corset was more bothersome in the hot weather and Summer had little patience. "I'm here on business," she declared in a firm voice. His glare was as heated as the sun. He dragged his eyes up and down the length of her body and said, "What is your profession?"

"Well, I suppose one could say that I exchange my artistic graces, elevated charm and sexual favors for a good profit," Summer said with a flourish of her hand and a slight curtsy. The monk coughed. He adjusted the hem of his sleeve before bringing his hand up to scratch his neck.

He withdrew, granting her access to the dangerous and devoted city. “You’ll want to find the Safe Haven Hostel in the Celestial Square before nightfall. We enforce a strict curfew; don’t be caught on the streets at night.”

“If you ever feel like calling on my company," Summer teased, "you'll know where I'll be."
Summer
Player

Words: 2337
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2013, 4:03 am
Race: Konti

Postby Kiaramali on August 30th, 2013, 2:06 am

89th Summer, 513

The wall around the city made Kiaramali uncomfortable. All the walls around all the cities before this made her uncomfortable too.

She tugged her feathered coat tightly around her shoulders and knotted the row of leather cords that ran down its front. The temperature had begun to drop with the approach of fall and anything north of Ekytol failed to keep her warm. She yearned for the hot sand of the desert beneath her bare feet.

As she made her way to the city’s gate, her coat wasn’t the only thing that weighed on her. This spring was the first time in her entire life that she missed the trek to Keerdash Grove. Her dye supply was limited. The thought of running out of that on top of everything else? It didn’t matter that she didn’t need the protection from the sun here, she needed what else it lent her.

She wondered if she’d ever make it home again. Three seasons was a long time to be away from her home and her family.

Her throat tightened. She missed all of her sisters, but it was Huyana she missed the most. If the pregnancy lasted she’s due to give birth any day now.

A chill forced its way through her body despite the layers between her coppery skin and the wind.

When her turn came to pass through the gate, she glanced up at the guards and quickly back down. She had no desire for anyone to see the dampness she felt on her lashes.

Kiaramali
Tatsuwaat Tribe

Words: 18083
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2013, 8:45 pm
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

PreviousNext