[Nyka Location] The Gates

Post here first!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Postby Raven Nightfoot on April 11th, 2013, 2:27 am

57th of Spring 513AV

A young woman approached the gates of Nyka, she wore a hooded cloak which concealed her identity quite well, although she only wore it for protection from the sun. Raven removed her hood calmly as one of the gate keepers approached. Medium length hair, dark as the night were the first features to meet the monk's gaze, followed by fair skin and dazzling golden eyes which seemed to ignite on contact with the sun's rays. The monk didn't waste any time before asking questions, "What brings a young lady such as yourself to our holy city, alone? Not planning on causing trouble...I hope." came the man's voice. Raven's red lips
curved into a smile at hearing the man's words, "Wanderlust, mostly. And no,you'll have no trouble from me." she said in her usual confident voice. After a quick inspection of Raven's possessions, the monk's allowed her entry into their city, but not before giving her a simple warning. "Alright, you're good to go. Welcome to Nyka."

Nyka The Celestial City,
surrounded by it's tall stone walls, home to four alvina. Finally, after many days of travel, Raven had reached her destination. She had finally given into her wanderlust and fled Syliras in search of adventure and excitement, seeking to satisfy her free spirit. This city was sure to have plenty of new experiences for the young woman, hopefully all of them would be good.
Raven Nightfoot
You Don't Know What You Have Until I Take It

Words: 252545
Joined roleplay: October 19th, 2011, 12:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ruza on April 17th, 2013, 5:40 am

Spring 513 AV, 63rd day.

Ruza's first time in a boat and it was completely miserable, she figured if she did it enough maybe she would get used to it? Not like she was in a rush to travel that way anytime soon, but it was definitely going to be put on her to do list. At the docks she was confronted by gatekeeper as she exited the boat. "What business do you have here?" the man before her asked. Feeling incredibly horrible she attempts to keep her cool "I am in search for my brother Syth, maybe you've heard of him?" she replies with a question. The gatekeeper stood silent for a moment. "Fair enough, many people come in and out of here, you may enter as long as we get no trouble from you." he answered briefly, Ruza nodded in thanks and made her way to the more secluded of her current area with Tako and Boyga following close behind.
“There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion.”
Edgar Allan Poe
Ruza
Player

Words: 20098
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2013, 6:38 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Postby Balcex Joltspear on April 22nd, 2013, 1:15 pm

Spring 30th, 513AV

Balcex stepped off the caravan as they closed in on Nyka, it was slow going as they climbed the sheer cliff with the caravan. The faint wind cause hairs on his neck to bristle as he waved away hair from his eyes, catching the glimpse of guard standing at the gates, occasionally stopping people to search them before letting them pass. One in particular was deemed unable to pass and began shouting abuse as he was forced away. He smiled, the thought of those less fortunate often made him smile, although not in a particularily harmful way. He just liked to occasionally smile for no reason. This was one of those times.

He gripped his cloth covered sword at the base of the blade tightly as they made their last few paces to the entrance and slowed, allowing the men to inspect the caravan, before one guard in particular decided to inquisition Balcex.

"You. What is that item in your hand?" The guard asked, a glower of grumpiness emenating from him.

It made Balcex smile again, he could understand the man's attitude, who would want to be stuck on duty at the gates? let alone for a long period of time. 'those who find people more interesting then daily life would' his mind interjected, ever present and ever poking in it's sarcasm or wise remarks, as the situation required.

The guard had waited and with no answer, decided to repeat the question, "Are you deaf? What is that item in your hand?" he pressed, his hand now resting on his weapon, preparing for any sort of advance.

"Oh," Was all he could muster as he woke from his thoughts, "... This is my sword, nothing more."

"I see. I see no reason to not let you pass, but we will be watching you."
Balcex Joltspear
Player

Words: 10043
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2013, 2:58 pm
Character sheet

Postby Burn on May 5th, 2013, 3:13 pm

Timestamp: 12th Day of Spring

“Heh he, look at them walls. Gotta be hiding some great adventures, aay, Davz?” Burn commented from his viewpoint on the tall man's shoulder. The walls truly were massive. A sight to behold. He wondered if Mother had ever travelled here. Of course she had. Know-it-all, done-it-all, Gwause.

“Ugh,” The refuge sighed as they approached the walls. “For the last time I'm not going on any adventures with you, I'm not joining your Dream Team and I'm certainly not gonna 'let yah off with this one cause we bonded on the road and are now super best-o's'.” David, as was his real name, replied in a tone that suggested this was not the first time they had talked about any of those things.

The truth was David and Burn had met in the last city back and when David mentioned he was going to Nyka Burn, sensing the man's utter lack of money, offered him 10 Mizas to carry him on his shoulder. It wasn't the Burn was specifically going to Nyka. Burn was just wondering and whenever he was bored of a city he would find people like David to carry him to the next city. Who needed horses and riding dogs when poor, desperate travellers would take you anywhere for a pittance?

They were stopped then by a beefcake with a poleaxe. “Halt, what's your business in Nyka?”

“I hope to find work as a farmer, perhaps, in the Southern Quarter.” David responds not quite as intimidated as he might have been. He had faced a lot of door guards in his time.

“An' him?” The guard asks pointing a thumb at Burn.

“Ugh, he's a farmer too..?”

The guard glares but let's them passed with an 'I'll be watching you, glare'. As soon as they enter the city David reaches up and grabs Burn round the middle placing him upon the ground. “Now, the money if you don't mind, Good Sir.” He asks holding out the hand that had just lifted him off his shoulder.

Burn frowns. “Just a moment, Davz...” He says movings as if to plant his py-pole in the ground as he reached for his money. Instead he brings the sharp point across one of David's outstretched fingers resulting in something very similar to paper cut.

Yargh!” David yelps in pain bringing his hand up to suck on the finger. “What was that for?” He cries but when he looks down Burn is already gone. “Little swindler!” David cries out in anger he turns to the gates of the city thinking the guards might help him but, of course, they are merely laughing their socks off. Not a good day for Davz...

Excellent day for Burn though.
Burn
Player

Words: 3075
Joined roleplay: May 4th, 2013, 2:19 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Peyton on June 1st, 2013, 2:48 am

Peyton walks quickly and surely up to the gates, almost ignoring the guards before one of them stops him, placing an armored hand upon his chest. Peyton glares at the floor before composing himself and looking up at the man.

The guard smiles slightly. He has seen Peyton's face before, but he wants to play a game. Might aswell let the guards have their fun...

"You. What is your business within Nyka?"

The guard's tone tell Peyton he knows exactly what he's doing here, but he decides to amuse the fool.

Peyton turns to look up at the guard, before sighing and stating clearly.

"I live here. In Uphis' quadrant? Did you not see me leave?"

The guard scrutinizes him and steps back, waving his hand dismissively. The smirk is still there, and the other guards are chuckling.

"Hmph. Sure ya do. Anyhow, if you do live in Uphis, you'd better watch your back walking through here. Someone might recognise you. Someone may not like you."

Peyton shrugs and enters the city, heading straight to the Celestial quadrant before using that to get to his small abode in Uphis' quadrant. The guards were fools, and when he became one he'd do it right.
Peyton
Player

Words: 2490
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2013, 12:17 am
Character sheet

Postby Ohirin on June 4th, 2013, 11:50 pm

35th summer, 513

Ohirin arrived at the town he had started out for so long ago. It had taken him 67 days to reach Nyka during his horseback journey and he had depleted all of his traveling supplies. He was approaching the gates with his horse, Ailin, and he felt uplifted from the sight of proper civilization. A wonderful sight for sore eyes. As he passed through the gates, walking straight past the guards without really paying any attention to them. It was a beautiful day and Ohirin was happy to take it all in, happy to relax without his real troubles catching up, money primarily.
Speech
Common-Pavi
Ohirin
Player

Words: 16911
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2013, 3:45 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Jabari Dreamchaser on June 5th, 2013, 2:09 am

- 14th of Summer, 513 AV -

Jabari stood before the portcullis and looked up at the massive wall surrounding the city in front of him, thoughtful on the foreshadowing of it all.

"You lost kid?"

One of four monks standing guard addressed the Chaser of Dreams, and while his tone wasn't threatening, it was obvious this was not a welcoming committee.

"I don't think so."

Jabari replied respectfully to the robed figure.

"Well, what's your business in Nyka then? Why are you here?"

"To know without knowing."

The answer came easily to Jabari, but the tilt of the monk's head seemed to indicate he was confused by it. Jabari amended.

"I seek to learn and grow during my stay here and find work to help pay for my upcoming travels."

"Right, well just so long as you stay out of trouble. Seek out the Safe Haven Hostel in Celestial Square if you are in need of room and board. On your way then."

The teenager gave an appreciative nod and began making his way towards Nyka.

"Thank you."

As he passed under the portcullis, Jabari overheard the monk speaking to the others.

"Well if that wasn't the most well behaved traveler I've ever come across."

Jabari had to smile at that. His family on Mura would be proud.

"I give him two nights before his body goes missing. Hey Poleaxe! You want in on this!?"

Jabari stopped smiling.

Jabari Dreamchaser
to know without knowing

Words: 46515
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2013, 3:10 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Rayage on June 7th, 2013, 5:19 pm

Summer 4 513 AV

Rayage looked up at the high walls of the city called Nyka and frowned thoroughly at them. This was a city that she knew nothing about, and already the walls loomed intimidatingly over her, drowning her in their shadow. It had been a while since she felt intimidated, especially since her thoughts were still with Sahova and how the undead isle was going to breach and eventually take over this place. With such high and strong walls the nuit began to think that even with magic’s help it will be quite the battle indeed.

Having come with her two other companions, she looked towards Vick and then to Miro before she strode forward going deeper into the shadow which cast forsaken thoughts into her head. She approached cautiously almost as if she was afraid that she would never come out once she went in. However, she had to reassure herself that the concept is entirely idiotic. Yes, idiotic. She was with two powerful master wizards from Sahova, just like herself. If there was something to be afraid of it was her own companions, not this stupid wall, and especially not this stupid city.

Approaching the gates the nuit was stopped and questioned as to her purpose in this city. Looking at the questioning and suspicious guard the nuit answered carefully, ”We,” she looked over her shoulder towards the other two, ”are just passing through.” she said with a smile.

”Are hopes are to rest and find a guide willing to take us the rest of the way on our journey. We seek sanctuary for a small amount of time, and we will do our utter best not to cause any trouble.” she explained with a certainness about her voice and stance as her eyes never left the guard which questioned her. She saw others gathering around as if meant to intimidate. Was it that obvious that they were a trio of undead?

A moment of tense silence followed, ”We will be on our way in a matter of days.” she reassured them, ”We only seek to pass through here.” she reexplained the situation.

Eventually the party was let through, but without hearing the ominous warnings of the guards. Or perhaps it was more so threats? With her company all she could do was smile at their sayings that they would not last too long here. The people obviously did not know who they were talking to.
x
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Savio on June 10th, 2013, 10:43 pm

10th Day of Summer, 513

Savio looked up at the rather intimidating gate and surround walls of Nyka. It had been several days since he had been in a decent size town, but he had heard word that a man who was like a bear was teaching unarmed combat here. So here Savio was, hot and sweating in the summer heat, walking towards the heavily guarded entrance gate.

The young man was stopped by an imposing mountain of a man who looked down his nose at him, in his hand was quite the impressive poleaxe. Lovely.

"State your name and business here, boy." The man said to Savio in a baritone voice.

Savio gulped and tried to straiten his back, which was difficult when one has a heavy backpack on. "My name is Savio Cazzola and i am just a lone traveler seeking a Master to train me. I was told that one in particular had started a school here, perchance you heard of him? He is called Ximal."

The giant man narrowed his eyes slightly.
"Ay, i have heard of him. It seem his new school has grown in fame. You may enter. But stay out of trouble, or you wont be leaving this city alive."

Savio's eyes widened slightly at the foreboding warning. Hopefully, the city its self was a bit more charming than its Guards. Savio thought worriedly to himself as he entered Nyka.

"Thoughts""Speech""NPC"

Threads: 2/5
Grandfathered Threads To Complete: 6

Signature by Edreina
Savio
If there is no struggle, there is no progress

Words: 200123
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2013, 11:58 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Postby Aron De Soto on June 16th, 2013, 5:28 am

40th of Summer 513
Aron slowly steered the Courtesan into the port, feeling the wind of the seas finally desert his sails and whisk itself away inland. The dark, red-sailed ship glided easily across the water and settled against the dock. It was a small, sleek little craft barely thirty feet in length, but with precious cargo. This would be the first time Aron trained a slave outside of Zeltiva, and only the second time sailing. It was an interesting journey, as the Courtesan could not go out in the open water but could stick relatively close to the shores.

But now they were in Nyka. Where Aron could presumably sell Leith without too much hassle from guards. Here, slavery was legal or at least turned a blind eye to. That boded favourably and ill at the same time. Aron would have more competition from other slavers, but he would also not have to lose money to Wave Guards eager to line their pockets with gold.

He leapt down from the deck and lashed the Courtesan to the dock, breathing in a heavy sigh as he looked out at the city. He would have to register himself as a tradesman, and alert the dockmaster properly.
Aron De Soto
The Gentleman Slaver

Words: 15644
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2013, 10:43 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet

PreviousNext