Drunken endeavors [Airil]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Markus Andres on October 20th, 2010, 6:54 pm

Markus should wear something, it would be too cold to wander through the city without anything to cover his torso with, and his back would be mighty cold if he walked with the ruined shirt. She said she would mend his shirt and offered him to go back to sleep again. Wow, what a considerate girl. Perhaps he should just ignore her unwillingness to talk about her past and just hang out with her. That would be a good idea. Markus ate the last cookie she had given him. Kicked his boots off and rolled over in the bed. Making sure he wasn't anywhere close to resting on his large bruise on the back.

"Thank you" Markus muttered as he yawned.

As he noticed the blood stains again he reminded himself to - garrggh, headache - ask Airil about the stains. If she were wounded, or he had puked blood or something, then it would be good for him to know that so he could help her somehow. With removing the blood, that was. Mmm, he was tired. Time to sleep again. Soon, Markus was snoring lightly into the bedroom.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Words: 1104443
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Airil on October 20th, 2010, 7:42 pm

Markus had been a sleep for a while and she was nearly finished. The pain in her wrist had made her stop from time to time and though she'd tried massaging it, the pain hadn't been alleviated at all. A snore from Markus indicated that he was still quite asleep as she picked her work back up from yet another break. Just a little further and she could go soak her wrist in some cool water.

She pushed the needle through the fabric. Her stitches weren't completely invisible but the mending wasn't going to be as blatant as she thought it might have been. It had actually been a good bit of practice, weaving the tiny stitches along the edges of the tear, making the two join together once more. A couple more stitches and the hole was gone. she tied it off carefully so the thread wouldn't unravel. So long as he didn't put significant strain on that area of the shirt it would remain in one piece, but that was true for the rest of the shirt as well.

She laid the shirt on the table and rose, stretching her muscles out. He was going to need to drink something when he woke up. She quietly slipped out of the room to retrieve some tea for them, returning not too long after. She tried to shut the door as quietly as possible, but it was harder now that she had two cups in hand.
Airil
Lost Little Konti

Words: 71021
Joined roleplay: June 16th, 2010, 1:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Markus Andres on October 20th, 2010, 8:36 pm

Markus was dreaming a weird dream about pycons and pigs. Then Airil appeared, Richard danced with a silly costume. It made no sense at all. But it was entertaining to say the least. Then an outside interference made him open his eyes and this time, his head didn't split open with an insane bolt of pain. He was looking at Airil with the sun covering her lower body. It was a pretty beautiful sight to behold. He wouldn't mind waking up with such a sight every morning.

"Mmm, that did good."

Markus yawned and sat up, his head still not protesting his movement and his stomach staying at rest. The extra sleep had really done him good. He looked at Airil and gave her a bright smile. As he stood up. He felt like giving the girl a hug for letting him get another bout of sleep. He had sorely needed it. But then he noticed the cups of, he smelled the air and caught no scent. But he assumed it was tea, for it was steaming.

"Wow. Thank you!" Markus said when he got up and stretched his arms out to the sides, that was usually how Markus stretched, it looked awfully much like when he was about to give someone a hug, but that was just how he stretched himself.

"So, how did it go with my shirt?" He said reaching out and grabbing on of the cups from the Konti's hands. Assuming one of them was for him.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby Airil on October 20th, 2010, 9:02 pm

Markus surprised her by waking up in such an apparently good mood. As he rose and stretched it appeared that he was feeling much better, the sleep had indeed helped. On the other hand, his suddenly peppy mood rubbed her wrong. She frowned as he grabbed the cup from her before she could offer it but hid it by continuing to move into the room towards the table where the shirt still lay.

"It's in one piece again." She set her cup down and picked up the shirt, turning to hand it to him and then went about gathering her sewing supplies back together in an orderly fashion so that she could return them to their place in the chest. She did her best to not use her right hand without making it apparent that something was wrong. It was hard to quell the instinctive urge to tuck the hurt limb against her stomach where it was less likely to receive further damage.

"You are feeling better then?" She continued to move around the room though her attempt to straighten things was useless as the room was already clean. She only ended up shuffling things around. "There are more cookies on the basket if you'd like more."

It had been over an hour since the strange incident where she'd felt the instinct to trust him and her mind had been working since then. She was feeling uncomfortable with his continuing presence.
Airil
Lost Little Konti

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Markus Andres on October 20th, 2010, 10:40 pm

"That's great!" Markus said drinking some of the tea. It scolded his tongue a little, but he decided not to whimper about it, considering he had felt worse pain before he had slept. He walked over to the table where his shirt was lying and he placed his cup next to it and held it up. He looked over her handiwork. He knew little to nothing about sewing, so he just assumed that she had done a good job with it. He turned to Airil who was busy shuffling some things around. He shrugged and found his undershirt and pulled it over his head and then followed with the shirt.

"So, how can I repay you for your kindness?" Markus asked.

He grabbed his cup of tea again and blew some air on it, trying to cool it down so it wouldn't burn his mouth. He looked around the room and his eyes fell upon the sheets again and there he noticed the blood stains. Once again wondering just where they had come from.

"Airil, those stains on the sheet... Where are they from?"
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby Airil on October 20th, 2010, 11:19 pm

"You don't need to repay me." Her words were hesitant, She hadn't helped him for reasons of personal gain, only because it had seemed right to her.

She looked over to the bed and the stains. She was going to need to get them laundered before the day was out. or else see if Matilda kept extra sheets for just such a purpose.

"You were still bleeding when we arrived." She looked over at him. Did he not remember? Perhaps the bump on his head had been worse than she'd thought. Was that why he was acting as if nothing had happened between them?

"Are you... how is your head?" She had stopped moving about the room and was watching him with concern. "How much do you remember of last night?"
Airil
Lost Little Konti

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Markus Andres on October 21st, 2010, 12:12 am

Markus wasn't surprised to hear Airil needed nothing in repayment. She hadn't seemed like the type to demand something. Much unlike most people Markus had encountered. They all only thought about themselves first, it annoyed him that people were like that. But what could he do about it? Nothing at all.

"I was bleeding?" He asked a little mesmerized. Why had she not mentioned this when she had checked his wounds? Markus reached up to touch his forehead and felt the area around the wound. Winced a little at the pain and shook his head. That was just great. Now he looked ridiculous with a wound in the middle of his forehead. With that annoyed sigh he turned to Airil who was asking how much he remembered. He sat for a couple of seconds.

"My head is fine... Except this stupid wound in my head." He tried to recollect his memories. "I remember I was in the Rearing Stallion, drinking... And then... I remember waking up..." Markus explained. "Where did you find me? Or did I come here alone?" Feeling very stupid if the latter had been the case. Then he could understand why the Konti seemed to be annoyed by his presence.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby Airil on October 21st, 2010, 12:56 am

She continuing to look concerned. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize you weren't aware of the injury on your head. Perhaps you should sit down." Her eyes were focused on the wound on his forehead and she looked like her worry was increasing. "Maybe I should fetch a healer." She chewed on her lower lip and proceeded to answer his question.

"I found you. You'd stumbled into," she swallowed, thinking about her dream, "an alley. I didn't know where else to take you, so I brought you here." She silently watched him for a few moments. "Markus..." She moved closer to him, a pained look coming over her face. "Are you not still upset? Or have you perhaps forgotten our last meeting?" The question was going to have to come up at some point although she was afraid that if he had forgotten and suddenly remembered, he would return to the same enraged state he had been in the last time she'd seen him. She was caught between the desire to move closer to him, out of concern, as well as the desire to move further from him, out of fear.
Airil
Lost Little Konti

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Markus Andres on October 21st, 2010, 2:07 am

The sudden concern from Airil's side was a bit uncomfortable for Markus, not because of the concern, but because of the person it was coming from, she had done so much to help him this night, he could have been dead if some cutthroat had come by. Even with the way they had departed last time they had seen, she had still helped him and he could feel that his coins were still in his pocket, those he had left after drinking heavily, of course. Not that he knew how many coins he had left, he could easily have spent a full gold miza on alcohol last night. Which he remembered was what he had brought, and he still had some coins in his pouch. Which naturally meant he hadn't used the whole miza. His headache almost returned, he hated thinking of money. Markus walked over to the bed and sat down.

"I don't think a healer is necessary, it's just a superficial wound..." Markus said, trying to calm the Konti down. Naturally, the Konti would bring the subject over on something Markus would rather have forgotten and kept unspoken and left hidden in the dark. But since she brought up the subject, Markus couldn't help but sigh.

"I had chosen to ignore what happened that day..." Markus leaned back on the bed and looked up at the ceiling. "I acted immature... I shouldn't haven gotten angry, and I apologize for my behavior." Markus had pushed himself up then, looking directly at the Konti, keeping his emotions under control. He had indeed overreacted. He was still paying for it in a way, for his hand still hurt sometimes when he held his blade too hard.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby Airil on October 21st, 2010, 2:40 am

He was apologizing to her? She didn't deserve an apology. No matter how he had acted, she had still been the cause. She leaned against the table and looked away from him.

"There's no need for you to apologize, please." Though honestly, she wanted to apologize as well, had already done so though she doubted he remembered or had recognized it as such. She was also sorry that she'd brought it up, especially if he had been trying to ignore it. She glanced up at him and then down at her hands. Unsure what she should do next.

"Well, if you're all right..." Perhaps you should go. She didn't say the words directly, but the implied meaning was there if he was listening. She turned away from him, not wanting to look at him or see the hurt if it should return to her eyes. Unfortunately, she was so distracted that she had actually forgotten about her wrist. She reached out and lifted the basket of cookies, intending to put them back on the chest. Her wrist throbbed with sudden pain and she dropped the basket, spilling the cookies, and inhaling sharply through her teeth.
Airil
Lost Little Konti

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext