Closed [The Ironworks] The Py-Sword.

Archailist commissions the first ever Pysword.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Ironworks] The Py-Sword.

Postby Archailist on November 2nd, 2014, 8:27 pm

My Words | Your Words | My Thoughts

70th of Fall, 514.

There were some times when the Pycon needed something.. well, more. True enough, he'd bought himself a Py-whip and a Py-string from the market and he'd begun integrating them both into his training.. of course, there was little objection or even opinion on the matter given by Ser Iros. Even he knew that he had little place in this argument, since this was not a subject that he could speak of. He was not a Pycon, so how could he advise one in which weapons would best suit his style, or teach him how to use any? If anything, he was severely limited and both he and Archailist knew it. All he knew was how to use the spear and how to use a shield. Two weapons that were utterly useless to a clay figure barely six inches tall and with a massive tail.

All of the weapons were progressing well. Some he worked with better than others, but he adjusted to suit his needs. Soon, he'd be able to work with all of them when he needed to. However, none of them felt.. for lack of a better word, dangerous. The Py-Pole was powerful when it came to catapulting him across battlefields and knocking people off their feet, but apart from that, it was a blunt weapon with the only sharpened edge being at the tip, which came in more use when stuck into the ground and used for purchase. The Py-Whip was similarly blunt and useless when it came to trying to attack people in armour. It could, again, knock them from their feet and practically toss them around when enough weight was put into it. He'd seen Hammer Fist hold such control over it that she could practically disarm someone by looping it around their wrist and applying enough of a sudden force to have it rip a weapon from their hands.

The Py-String was, by and large, the most dangerous of all weapons, and yet it was only a piece of string. Nothing more, nothing less, than a thin piece of string used to occasionally cut people and little else. No, he was to become a knight eventually. He needed a weapon that proved it.. something that was powerful, bold, and deadly. Something that could deal actual damage when used, and not simply whack against peoples ankles and shins to give them bruises. He could gain better results when he used his own two feet, after all. He needed something that could prove much more useful when competing against plate-mail and hardened warriors.

He needed a sword. A proper sword, something that he could stab into someone, to make them bleed. Something narrow and light, easy to maneuver. He always liked the look of that rapier that he'd seen the Eypharian holding. It wasn't very useful in his hands - it was too large and clumsy, thrusting away at the ground and never with success. It was faster than those larger long-swords that others carried though, and lighter than the ten-foot spears that Ser Iros used. Yes, one of those.

He'd set off from the Squire Dormitories only a short distance towards the Ironworks, in order to try and find someone to commission the work from. He didn't really know how much it could possibly cost - Pycon-sized clothes and other things were extortionately expensive, even compared to humans, which Arch often found ridiculous considering the amount of materials that they took up each. Just in case, he had about 100 Miza's with him, clacking noisily against his side as he walked. Of course there were a few odd glances but nothing more. Even if they were eyeing his pouch, he dared one of them to make a grab. He'd be standing triumphantly on their chests before they'd have time to close their greedy fingers on it.
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Zikiro on November 2nd, 2014, 9:50 pm

Thus far it had been a normal day at work. Glorious, glorious work. The sound of his precious heirloom working hot metal, bending it to his will, forcing the relenting material to yield; it was all so fullfilling. With his hammer in his right hand, that indestructible crimson limb held on to the searing hot slab of metal as he hammers it into a thin, round plate; a buckler shield.

He could have used his Isurian arm to mold it to his will, but he knew better. Izurdin may have gifted him with the gift of his Gnosis, but he did not intend to make his children lazy and cheap. Besides, his boss would not have accepted such laziness either, especially not so early into his career. He found no flaw in using the crimson hand to simply hold the scorching materials. He didn't need any fire gloves, like some of the other blacksmiths. Thanks to Izurdin.

As the shield took on the pleasant, circular curved shape that most looked for, he gave it a flick with his left hand, letting it spin in mid air before catching it again. It felt right, the appropriate weight, very close to other shields the same size. It was perfect for even a slightly larger wielders to handle without being too large for the smaller.

"Aren't you a beauty?" He mumbled to the plate of steel as he lifted it for a close inspection. The globe indented into the center of the plate came out stunningly well, considering his lack of mastery. All it needed now was the handle attached and it would be ready for sale. "Definitely one of my best!" Zikiro chimed, as he did with almost every object ever forged by his hands.

He brought the shield to a sturdy table where he clamps it down, nearly a quarter of the shield's disk hanging over the edge. He took up a nearby drill and placed it as close to the center between the inner ridge of the dome and the outer ridge of the shield as he could. With his right hand holding the wooden knob, his left took hold of the handle and began rotating the grip, causing the spiraling bit to bite into the glowing steel. With it already hot, and his pressure measured and even, the metal yielded in just the right way.

In moments, the drill was through the flat plane of the shield. "Perfect!" He grunted in approval. Releasing the clamps on either side, he flips the shield over for a moment and takes up another tool; a flat ruler with a hole at either end, meant for measuring the distance needed between holes. Clamping the shield to the table again, he takes the drill to it, resting the bit in that pre-fabricated hole of the ruler. Again with slow precision, the hole was drilled to near perfection. As near as he could manage, at least.

The rest was easy. He took the shield from the clamps and dipped it into the trough of water, causing it to hiss and belch a cloud of steam. The steam tickled at the crimson flesh of his Isurian arm for a moment before he lifted the cooled subject. With a flick to knock some of the water off, he gave it another look. His right hand reaches into his thick, brown apron to remove a semi-spherical wetstone. He lightly grinds the round, rough surface into both sides of each hole in turn to remove any unwanted sharp edges. "Perfect!" He chimed once again. "I'll be able to finish you off today! After lunch, I think I earned a few chimes." He chuckled, talking as if the metal could truly hear and understand him. Of course it couldn't, but there was no hurt in enjoying what he does, right?
This is the hammer of Intelligence.
Those who lack intelligence shall be hit with it.
Those who do not learn shall be hit again.
Repeatedly.

Common | Isur
Zikiro
Player

Words: 17759
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2014, 8:01 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Archailist on November 3rd, 2014, 4:57 pm

It didn't take too long to slip out of the Bittern District and around into Winthrop Alley. Not when the Pycon had the added advantage of stepping-stones in the shapes of human heads to use on his way across the few streets too wide for the Pycon to be able to simply leap across. The rest of the time was used taking full advantage of the fact that Winthrop Alley was one of the few places that actually had its own roof - no ceilings to house a whole new second tier. He could climb straight up onto the roofs and use them to cut a few corners here and there, perhaps even climb straight over a building and avoid having to walk around it. In no time at all, he could see the Ironworks looming ahead, smoke billowing out and all from the many forges lining the insides. A few smiths were hanging outside the front as well, apparently on break. If he could find anyone willing to take the job, he'd be happy - maybe he could even ask Ros if he could do it, or put it onto one of the others.

When he first landed down near the few humans and others that stood about at the door, none of them really bothered to look up. The squirrel had to cough a few times to attract attention, at which point one of them finally managed to glance down. His face was framed with a thick mustache, and his entire face was covered with soot to the point that Arch was actually quite surprised that he seemed to be able to see the squirrel at all. "Yeah, you need something there?" It was more of a casual remark than anything in particular - well, the place was busy after all. Likely one of the busiest places in all of Syliras. Still didn't give them the right to such attitude, and as a result the squire puffed out his chest just a little as he was stared down by about three or four well-muscled smiths.

"I'm in need of a weapon." That really got them glancing between one-another. Pycons were small creatures, and the only three weapons ever used by them weren't really common knowledge. Besides that, none of them were made of metal. Any metal. "It'll have to be a custom job. Any takers?" Dead silence. He couldn't believe it - this was a chance to try something big, and none of them were even remotely considering it.

"I've got other things to make than inch-wide shields and spears, I'm afraid." The human that had approached him at the beginning now had his arms folded neatly over his chest, with a look that was more bewildered and curious than anything. At least it'd broken the amusement off their faces. "Though.. I suppose if you're really interested in getting this thing, Ros is inside on the second forge to the right, helping out some others with special orders from the Knights. If there's anyone that will have the time to take such an order, it'll be him." Arch nodded in thanks, and the man returned it. "In you go then, squirrel." He stepped aside and cleared the door.

"That's squire squirrel to you." The looks on their faces was priceless as he stepped inside.
Archailist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Zikiro on November 4th, 2014, 12:10 am

The gathering of smiths during break was not something that was new, some of the fellows were social butterflies apparently. When they started looking at their shoes and talking though, Zikiro became curious. It wasn't every day mass insanity passed through the Ironforges, so obviously something new had caught the smiths' attentions.

Zikiro had been seperate though, quite possibly abusing his god given gift. He withdrew his hand from one of the wood-forges, where his blood red limb had been holding a hollowed end of a loaf of bread with a small lump of cheese inside, toasting the bread while softening the cold, yellow bulk. His brilliant mother's idea, really.

With his lunch in hand, he makes his way to the group of smiths, just as they begin to disperse. Leaving the crowd was something small with a large tail. A squirrel? No, it wasn't afraid of the humans mucking about. It was obviously smarter, or at the very least braver. Nonetheless, Zikiro was curious.

He tried to be casual, to play off his curiosity by eyeing the other smith's work. Biting into his roasted bread and cheese, he watched the squirrel for a moment. It was a fascinating thing, it walked like it knew where it was and seemed to know just where it was going. Maybe it does? Zikiro considered the possibility. Maybe it's... a customer?

No... He banished the thought - for a moment. Maybe... That doubt leads back to his curiosity. A squirrel that isn't a squirrel walks into the Ironforge. He almost waited for the punchline. Couldn't hurt to ask, right? The worst thing he had to fear from the squirrel was rabies. Come to think of it, that might explain the weird behavior, wouldn't it?

Either way, he moves towards the creature. His stride may not have been the most bold, nor were his heavy feet or the smell of slightly burned bread and melted cheese exactly stealthy, but at least he made the effort. He met the creature just a few feet into the Ironforge. "Something I can help you with?" It's a customer, just act natural. Nothing odd about this situation at all.

Zikiro was the height of most Isur, a stout five foot. Compared to the Pycon though, he might as well be a giant. He was not quite as thick as other Isur though, being he lacked the enthusiasm for straight bodybuilding. No, his body was Forge-forged, toned by active use. His chest bore a thick, brown apron on top of a sleeveless shirt.

His crimson arm was on full display; the flesh so dark it almost looked like metallic blood. It was by far the most stunning piece of the otherwise ordinary man. His dirty blond hair had been combed down and his hazel eyes rode on the border between brown and green. No tattoos or piercings adorned his body, nothing more than that arm. If he had not spoken up, he might have blended in to the background of workers instead of drawing anyone's attention.

"I'm newly employed, but I trained with the best in Sultros. I would be happy to put my hammer to good use for Man, Akalak or... Kelvic?" Kelvic was his latest guess as to why this creature just walked in here. His mother had told him that Kelvics could change shapes to animals, after all.
Repeatedly.

Common | Isur
Zikiro
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Archailist on November 4th, 2014, 7:24 pm

Seemed he could barely walk a few feet before ending up faced with yet more smiths. Now he knew that there were quite a few of them around the Ironworks - granted, nowhere near as many as compared to other places like the Fields, barely five hundred in total - but that didn't mean that he should be walking into a leg of a smith every ten steps. This one was definitely different - it had a large metal arm, similar to that he'd seen in a squire some time ago. Unfortunate that he couldn't really remember what made them so significant.. or what race they were. It didn't matter in the end, either way. As long as the man could provide for what the squirrel asked, there was nothing else truly important - whether he had a metal arm or no arms at all.

At the mention, the very thought that the squirrel was anything other than Pycon, his stance changed. He wasn't limited by a skeleton, or muscles - all of them changed on a whim, and soon the squirrel was stood upright on his hind legs in a much more humanoid pose. There were some subtle differences, since he had to lean forwards constantly to give a counterbalance to the large tail pressing against the curve of his back, but it most certainly wasn't feral. "In case you weren't already aware, Pycon." Quite flattering that even up close, some people had trouble understanding whether he was a real squirrel. There was no fur on his body, and his eyes were lidless and pupil-less. If anything, he was closer to a walking statue than an organic creature, and that was up close.

"Sounds good. I'll be needing a weapon - a few inches long perhaps, and sharp." Something with a punch, to say the least. "I'll pay for the materials and the labor if needed, as long as you can craft it to my instruction. Does that sound fair?" As usual, there was little time to actually test whether or not the man was ready for such a deal. He wasn't going to deny it after all - he'd already come forwards with the offer. Taking advantage of the moment, he turned and hopped up onto the side of the doorframe, catching it with one paw and both legs landing on the wooden frame before hopping again right up onto the metal arm. "Name is Squire Archailist. Everyone calls me Arch. Now, which way to your station, hmm?"

He wasn't really well-versed in this business of smithing. He didn't know whether he was supposed to go to the boy's master and commission the piece from him, or what. It didn't matter, and he soon pushed such worries out of his head. As long as he had the weapon by the end of the day, whether the boy got a headache from the storm of curses that his employer would give for not keeping up with whatever orders he'd been left for the day wasn't for the squirrel to know, nor care for. "Anyway, as for the weapon. It'll need to be quite long.. about as long as my body, I should say. Smaller than a Py-Pole, long enough to reach but still remain nimble. Thin and sharp, like a Py-String.. but still thick enough to refuse bending. Bending is terrible when you're trying to fight someone. You just can't poke them and have it impact, you know.. whatever happens, no bending." He was just throwing out orders now - snippets of information, whatever came into his head.
Archailist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Zikiro on November 4th, 2014, 9:27 pm

A Pycon? He'd never heard of such a thing before. Then again, he hardly knew anything about the shape-shifting race. As far as the young Isurian knew, Humans were weaker versions of Isur, without the arms. Akalak were the tall blue warriors with respectable discipline, and seemed to love their weapons. He'd seen one or two Eyph in passing, the multiple arms freaked him out. That summed up his knowledge of the races sharing Mizahar with the Isur.

This creature - this Pycon seemed nice enough. A little annoyed, perhaps but he could guess why. The other smiths were blind. A tiny weapon would be a waste of time for most - but not for this Isur. He listened to the Pycon's desires, nodding at the end of each tidbit, his mind already calculating the effort it would take to forge a good, solid weapon for the tiny being.

"It sounds fair," he replied to the first question. After the creature offered up a name - and title to boot - Zikiro's almost blank expression broke into a light smile. "Zikiro Heartforge. Mizahar's future greatest smith." He offered with a touch of humor. There was a touch of truth behind it, he truly did hope to become the best smith of his generation, so Izurden would recognize his devotion.

Arch began speaking of the dimensions now, and specific details. No bending? Immediately, he questioned his skills. Was a sword that did not bend even physically possible? "Pardon my erm... controversy, I suppose... but even a full sized sword bends with enough force." The Pycon might see right off, the Isur was not as assertive as the others.

"A well tempered weapon, as my master says, bends when it meets an object it can't pierce. It's supposed to stop it from simply snapping. He said A broken sword gets no second chances. I don't think I need to lecture you about that though..." He does not mention being lectured about smithing, either. He simply politely corrects, explains, and attempts to move on.

With the tiny Arch on his arm, he held it up as if carrying a hawk instead of a squirrel. With the Pycon so light, Zikiro almost didn't even feel his weight as he walked towards one of the vacant forges. He sat his lunch back on the thick paper he'd left laying on the work table. The toasted bread stuffed with melted cheese was quite enticing, but his taste buds could wait.

He held his arm close to the table so the Pycon could climb onto it. "If I might make a suggestion... A stabbing weapon for size doesn't seem right. I might not be a warrior, but uh... you don't seem to have enough weight to really thrust..." His newly free hand thrusts at the air, wielding an imaginary sword. "What about a slashing weapon with a sharp tip? A scimitar maybe... or a rapier perhaps?"

During his suggestions, he takes one of the split logs from the wood pile and pinches off a bit. Tossing the rest back, it tumbled from the pile into the coal bin. He'd pick it up later. With that blood red arm, he squeezed the wood into a ball, before smoothing it with his thumb and index finger. It was crude, but he created a miniature scimitar of wood, which he held out to the Pycon, without explanation. It seemed obvious this was just a prototype before he wasted the effort to make a full detailed miniature out of metal.
Repeatedly.

Common | Isur
Zikiro
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Archailist on November 5th, 2014, 6:36 pm

He chuckled at the self-imposed title. "Pleased to meet you, then." Indeed it was - the man could make the dream that the squirrel had always desired, apparently. Perhaps with a few adjustments. He knew nothing of the ways of weapons or smithing, unfortunately. He hardly knew anything about the weapons that the humans used, or how to handle them. He would never be large enough to wield one, and even if he did, he'd never have the strength to cause significant damage. Pycons didn't have muscles.. they couldn't really lift heavy objects, or push with significant force. Everything lay in their momentum. Using their weight to the best of their abilities, whether it be throwing their entire bodies into someones ankle or dropping down from above and letting gravity do its job. It was why they used weapons that never really required any strength at all to wield. Poles catapulted their entire bodies, and whips required a flick of the wrist to throw someone into the air and slam them back down to the ground.

"Oh, well, yes. That makes sense." Swords breaking to stop from damaging themselves, well that could definitely have its advantages when it came to battle. "I mean.. it should be strong, not wobbly and flexible to the point that it makes it useless, like the Py-Poles." He indeed didn't need to be lectured after all. He didn't want to make a horrible mistake and end up paying for a weapon that was utterly useless when it came to its uses. "It needs to be able to stab, to actually break skin.. something that doesn't just wobble around like a fish." Was that so hard to make, or to ask for?

Just because he was willing to listen to advice, though, didn't mean that he was ready to abandon his vision. "Oh, I think I have the weight." Perhaps the man with the giant metal arm couldn't feel it, but the Pycon had twenty-three pounds of clay hidden away inside him - enough to mean that a decent ram would dent a piece of plate-mail. If he added a sword to the front of that mass, he had no doubt that it'd punch a fairly decent hole in someones leg, assuming that the weapon held up under the force. "I'm not here for a pint-sized human weapon, I'm afraid.. this is going to be something new. Something made especially for us." Nevertheless, he took the little wooden sword and waved it about in the air.

It felt good.. but he couldn't put much force into it. Even with two hands, the thing felt clumsy in his paws as he swung it back and forth, trying to put a decent swing in. "I need something long and narrow, that I can push straight through the middle of an ankle."
Archailist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Zikiro on November 5th, 2014, 11:19 pm

The squirrel had indeed felt light upon his arm, considering the hammer he wielded for everyday forging was half the creature's weight. He watched as the Pycon wielded the weapon clumsily. He obviously had no training in weaponry, by the way he spoke... but there were a number of major differences he saw beyond that.

The creature seemed to hold it not only awkwardly, but unnaturally. The Isur watched the Pycon make arcs that seemed different than all the rookies he crafted basic gear for back in Sultros. "Something... unique?" It would be the first time he had ever forged something new. Something to stab with, he mused for a moment.

He lightly plucks the wooden weapon from the Pycon's hand, before he hurt himself with it. "I've never made anything ... custom..." He sat the failed suggestion on the table and moves back to the woodpile to take up another log. Upon returning, he sat on the bench and pinched off another lump as if the wood were wet clay.

"Maybe... something like a needle..." He flattened the structure into a long, tapered shaft until it resembled a thick toothpick. "Maybe like a lance, but..." He seemed to focus more on the wood than the pycon now. It was his first chance to let the creativity flow, and it felt good. His crimson fingers pinched at each side of the needle, creating fin-like blades in four directions. It looks as if it were a mace that he'd stretched out to almost seven inches. The fins stop three quarters of the way down and the thickness tapers back down into a straight shaft.

The handle looked longer than necessary, but it had purpose. A Greatsword had a long handle, plus a grip beyond the hilt simply because the sword required that much support to wield. Rolling the weapon over in his hand, he could imagine this driving into someone. Not only would it pierce flesh, but if it worked right, it could slash from every angle too.

There was only one problem; though he could make a mace, and he could make a sword and a lance, he had doubts he could make THIS type of sword, effectively enough... "How about something like this? A good running start and something like this could do some major damage..." He held the weapon out to the squirrel handle first. There would be some space between his paws, meant for a stronger brace for piercing like a lance. Maneuvering it would require a bit more training, but it was not impossible; it had similar length to a Greatsword, after all.

"I should warn you though; if you want the best weapon for your money, I need to request time to uh... research, I guess... I wouldn't know how to start with actual hammer and forge." He was nothing if not an honest smith. He could forge it by hand - literally - and sell it full price, but he doubted the creature would want to use such a cheaply made tool. "A future defender of Syliras should only have the best, after all."
Repeatedly.

Common | Isur
Zikiro
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Archailist on November 7th, 2014, 6:03 pm

The squirrel chuckled quietly. "That's alright, I've never ordered something custom either.." That was the fun in it, though. The reason he was doing all of this - for the excitement of being a part of creating something new and original. Perhaps in time others would take up the same weapon. Perhaps he would be the only one to take it, for the rest of his days, and his statue would stand high on the walls of Syliras forever holding that sword. He would never know until he tried his hand at designing one - not that he was really designing it. The Isur was practically running through everything just to see what the Pycon preferred.

Solid wood was twisted and turned as if a Pycon trying to reshape itself into its final form while the man muttered almost incoherently at the squirrels side. "Yes.. that's it, good.." A blade was beginning to form in the wood -rather blunt and useless at the moment, but he didn't focus on that. His attention turned to the strange blades forming out the four edges, in a cross, tapering from the tip down to the base and then disappearing back inside. Well, it's unique. There was no doubting that. The entire length was just a little longer than the Pycon was tall, with the handle not included.. nowhere near as tall as his Py-Pole, but it wasn't small either.

He took up the blade in both paws, with plenty of room left over at the handle so that he could lengthen his grasp and take a better hold on the thing. "Feels good!" Much better than the strange 'scimitar' the man had granted earlier. A quick few thrusts into the air and some swings from left to right really made the added weight of the four blades obvious - it wasn't really very streamlined for a good swing, like a regular long-sword would be. The thrusting attacks were much quicker and easier. "I like it, yes, I like it a lot.. but.. one question, really."

He turned back to the metal-armed man and gave the sword a few more imaginary pokes. "How will this fare against an armoured opponent? I can see the definite benefits already, being able to poke around and slash at people as well.. a bit more weight to give it a little more power when I get into a sprint.. but even if this was crafted by the Gods themselves, I don't know whether I'd be able to pick up enough momentum to pierce through the plate-mail of someones ankle." He supposed he'd have to explain a little something about other weapons, to make him understand. Such a shame he'd not brought any of them with him, otherwise he could have something to fall back on, other than his poor understanding of human weapons.

"When you use a Py-Pole, it doesn't matter whether the guy's in full plate-mail or completely naked, you launch yourself straight into his stomach and he'll fall over one way or another. We can walk off a hit like that, no problem.. but metal, I don't know. Same goes for this, I guess." There was a big point here that he was likely missing out, so he took a moment of silence to compose his thoughts before he began again. "I'm a Pycon that aims for the backs of the knees, the ankles.. I know where I need to hit someone to get the most out of my punch, even if it means slipping under someones armour. I need a weapon that can do that too.. something that can slip between the cracks of plate-mail, something durable and light..." If only he knew what that thing actually was.
Archailist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Zikiro on November 8th, 2014, 4:30 am

The way the Pycon moved with the weapon revealed it was much more comfortable than the scimitar had been, especially with the four-hand length handle. At first, the Pycon seemed pleased with it, which in truth pleased the Isur... at least until he mentioned a question.

An armor-piercing sword? What knight has given this creature such preposterous standards? Brows furrowed, Zikiro shook his head slightly. "I fear you have come to the wrong smith for armor piercing swords... If the sword's quality is high enough, the plate armor's quality is low enough, and luck, skill and strength are all high... It might be possible to pierce plate armor with brute force..." He had no doubt that was not what the squirrel wanted to hear, and it burdened him to offer the creature a reality check.

"Coming from an Armorer, your best bet would be to study plate armor, all the gaps and crevices and such." Rubbing his crimson and flesh toned hands together, he considered other options. He doubted he could make an armor piercing weapon without somehow learning Magecrafting. "Even if I could Izentor your weapon, you wouldn't be able to pierce properly tempered plate armor directly."

Again, he reached for the weapon. If the squirrel gave it up, Zikiro would press two of the blades back into the body, again molding it to take on an entirely new shape. This time the blade was wider, slightly shorter, and broader at its base. It looked almost like an elongated arrowhead with no definite lines to show where the blade tapered from the body. It lead back into a handle almost twice as long with a small ball at the end, obviously for a counterbalance. "A shot in the dark... but this is more like the classic Greatsword... The wider base gives it more weight for impact and the smoothness helps it glide better, like an arrow."

That's all he seemed to do, combined weapon types into somehting different. His thoughts may not have been totally original, but he hoped the Squirrel could see the effort he was putting into it, especially with so many specifications. Not to mention, this situation was boardering his comfort zone between I can forge Anything, and What am I getting myself into?

OOCSorry about the shotty post, not feeling so hot right now... but I didn't want to wait till this cold (at least I hope it's a cold, not the flu) to pass to post.
Repeatedly.

Common | Isur
Zikiro
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next