Closed [The Ironworks] The Py-Sword.

Archailist commissions the first ever Pysword.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Ironworks] The Py-Sword.

Postby Archailist on November 8th, 2014, 7:36 pm

My Words | Your Words | My Thoughts

Designing a new weapon was much harder than the Pycon had first thought it would be. He knew what he wanted, of course.. well, he knew what he wanted it to do. As for the shape, the material, the size and dimensions; these might as well have been dreams thought up in a coma. Trying to explain it was even worse, if that was even possible. "No no, I didn't mean that I wanted an armour-piercing sword.. but the problem is, because the blades of this are so large, it wouldn't be able to fit between the gaps, so it wouldn't be able to actually get around armour at all.. and doesn't seem like the kind-of sword that would be able to pierce through it either." His words felt so damnably clumsy. "I'm not looking for an armour-piercing sword, really. I'm looking for something that will be small enough to pierce through the gaps in armour, because otherwise there's just not going to be much of a chance to use the weapon at all."

He understood that there likely wasn't a smith in all of Syliras that could make a weapon for a human capable of piercing straight through the plate-mail of a knight, let alone for a Pycon. Heck, it'd be fantastic if such a smith did exist, but if they did, likely every knight would be equipped from his stocks, and so far he'd not seen any. Though, as he slowly relinquished the wooden weapon back to the man so that he could once again begin altering it in the hopes of finding something, anything, that suited the squirrels tastes, he certainly found something that looked like it could do the job. He'd seen the same shape on the tip of arrows, piercing straight through the gaps at the sides of knights armour - whether in the gaps between chin and breast, or in elbow or knee joints.

"Oh.. oh yes." He picked it up and felt the weight - the balance felt a little odd, but he could get used to it. "This looks great.. hah, feels great." He stabbed at the air and felt the thing glide through - the entire length was narrow enough that he was sure that it could fit between the tiny crevices. Something he could push all of his driving force into, but at the same time the two blades at either side could be sharpened, used for swings that wouldn't be obstructed by the second two. "I like this one," However... "I think this one will be a good base to run from. It's still.. I don't know. Perhaps I came here too soon."

Although, he did have a good idea. "Hey, how much for this?" He held up the crude prototype weapon. "I want to take this and.. I don't know, test it out. Think you could make the edges a little sharper or something?" Good thing he'd brought a couple of Miza's, just in case he did end up walking out with the new Py-Sword. For some reason he'd doubted it from the very start, although there was no concern that he wouldn't get it eventually. These things would take time, though. "I want to research this.."
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Zikiro on November 8th, 2014, 8:27 pm

A smile crossed Zikiro's features. Now we're getting somewhere. The Pycon seemed to like the arrow-head Greatsword. Zikiro was pretty pleased with it himself. For a prototype, he came pretty close. After, of course, three failed attempts.

The Pycon mentioned taking the crude, wooden construct with him. The thought caused the smith's brows to furrow. Could he really sell the prototype? No. It's imperfect, ill-smithed and unfit for even training. Maybe it was his Isur pride in his work that stopped him, but he still clung to that logical reasoning. "I could not sell this to you, Squire Archailist... If you wish, I could give this to you. I made no effort as a Smith, an Isur child could have made such shapes."

At least he was honest - and forward too, when it came to smithing. "However, maybe we could meet again, perhaps in a few days, so that you can gather field experience in wielding, while I perfect its form and true weight. Then we can collaborate on the best possible 'Py-sword' variation."

Even as he spoke his mind, he offered to take back the wooden sword to do as the squire requested. Zikiro would use his crimson thumb nail to create a sharp edge, though for wood it was hard to say how long it would stay for. "This wood version might not be up for actual combat... I suggest only working on form..." It was just a suggestion though.
This is the hammer of Intelligence.
Those who lack intelligence shall be hit with it.
Those who do not learn shall be hit again.
Repeatedly.

Common | Isur
Zikiro
Player

Words: 17759
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2014, 8:01 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Archailist on November 8th, 2014, 8:53 pm

He was genuinely surprised by the smiths generosity. "Well, if you say so.. hah, I suppose I won't be leaving here for very long any way, and I can guarantee the next occasion I will be leaving with lighter pockets!" He almost eagerly returned the little strange sword to watch as the edges were honed - they were still rather blunt, of course, given the fact that the thing was made out of wood by the bare hands of the metal-armed man - but they were at least a little sharper than before. "I will take this, return with a more.. ahem, firm vision of this sword." It didn't sound like the man was intent on spending the few days between their meetings idle either. Just for that, the squirrel gave an extra-wide grin and a light nudge. "Just think. In a few days, you and I are going to begin a journey into territory never tread before."

Just like that, everything came flooding back. "The Py-Sword, forever known to be crafted by master-smith Zikiro Heartforge. Wielded by Grandmaster Archailist. A legendary sword, the first of its kind, from which all other variables were crafted. A milestone." He was getting himself worked up again, just a little. He couldn't help himself, really. In a few days, they'd return and all would be set and prepared for the big moments. They'd both be prepared this time, clear and ready. Everything would run the way it was supposed to be done. "History in the making, Zikiro. History in the making."

Eventually, he came back to solid Mizahar soil again. "Ahh, yes, of course. Don't worry, it'll remain in one piece and ready for when we meet again. We can further modify it if we must, or simply use it as a template from which the true, metal version can be shaped." He nodded eagerly, glancing back and forth over the weapon as the sharpening was finished. "For now, though.. I suppose we'd better part ways, if I'm going to have any chance of finding a clear space in the Fighters Pit to begin testing this weapons form and function." Yes yes.
Archailist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Zikiro on November 8th, 2014, 10:48 pm

The squirrel had bigger dreams for a simple piece of metal than even Zikiro did. He found that to be quite an accomplishment, all things considered. The idea of being remembered for that was quite exciting, it already had the Isur's blood pumping.

"When you come back, hopefully I'll have either one perfected weapon, or several body styles... depending on how my own research fairs." Indeed, he had no plans of sitting on his hands while the Squirrel was busy. In fact, Zikiro planned to work on it this very evening, after the other smiths depart for home. "The hardest part is going to be the handle... I'm not sure how to keep the vibrations from making your hands go numb without some super-fine woodwork." Could Pycon's even feel such things?

Either way, there were some aspects to this that would still pose a challenge, but the handle was perhaps the hardest. Otherwise, it would be just like a normal arrow. "I suppose this is as far as we can go, for now. Give me five days to see what I can come up with. Hopefully by then I'll have all the problems figured out." With that, he offered the small creature his hand. Well, his index finger and thumb, meant for a proper-yet-modified handshake.
This is the hammer of Intelligence.
Those who lack intelligence shall be hit with it.
Those who do not learn shall be hit again.
Repeatedly.

Common | Isur
Zikiro
Player

Words: 17759
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2014, 8:01 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Archailist on November 9th, 2014, 7:07 pm

He nodded quietly in return, and even managed to crack a joke at the pondering afterthoughts. "If my hands get tired, I'll grow a new pair!" Not that it would likely make any difference, but that was beside the point really. "I'll give you plenty of time to look over these things, after all, I've got my own things to get to." He didn't doubt that the metal-armed smith had some things to get to as well - they were both stood in the middle of an active smith, chatting away while other humans and races went about their work glancing back to the two slackers. Any longer chatting and they might provoke the ire of one of the senior smiths. Goodness knew that time was precious considering the workloads that the smiths likely went through to produce the sheer mass of armour and weapons for seven thousand knights and their relations, as well as all the tools for the Fields, and the various other things needed all around the castle and beyond.

"Five days, I shall see you then." He took a quick shake of the offered fingers with one paw, while removing the modified weapon piece of wood from the arm. "For now, I bid you farewell!" The heat was becoming uncomfortable, standing around so many hot fires, and the squirrel had little hesitation as he hopped down from the shoulder of the Isur and landed on the ground with a little spring in his step to recover from the impact. The new wooden Py-Sword was lifted over one shoulder and pressed into the clay of his back, just above his tail, which formed a groove to hold it down in place as he dropped to four paws and began a quick run down through the entrance of the Ironworks.

He couldn't wait until he made it back to the Fighters Pits to see just what he had, though. He'd barely made it out of the door and crossed to the street on the left before he lifted his paw up and took hold of the elongated handle again to pull the thing from its place at his back. It felt, it looked like a real training sword. He'd seen other squires wielding wooden training long-swords and bastard swords, with blunt edges that they slapped against one-another while learning the proper forms of wielding a sword. Apart from the obvious differences in shape and size, this was almost completely indistinguishable. Sure, there were a few knots in the wood, the grain was a little messed with remains of fingerprints stuck deep into the grain, forming new and unnatural shapes.. but that didn't matter. It's a sword. He couldn't hide his excitement any longer, and practically bolted straight for the Fighters Pit with more speed than he'd ever brought forth in his life.
Archailist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Katelyn Marks on December 7th, 2014, 3:15 pm

Due Rewards

“After nourishment, shelter and companionship, stories are the thing we need most in the world.”
― Philip Pullman

Archailist
Skills
  • Acrobatics 1
  • Climbing 1
  • Observation 4
  • Socialization 5
  • Planning 2
  • Tactics 1
Lores
  • Zikiro: Smith at the Ironworks
  • Zikiro: Mizahar's Future Greatest Smith
  • All Good Blades Must Bend
  • Py-Sword: The Final Model?
  • Making History
Loot: Wooden Py-Sword

Zikiro
Zikiro, if you return please update your character sheet and send me a message so I may give you your rewards.

If you have any concerns or questions about your rewards please feel free to send me a message. Also, please edit your original grade request and mark it as graded. Thank you and enjoy!
Katelyn Marks
Gingersnap

Words: 226535
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2014, 10:58 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Previous