Closed [The Quay] We drink, and drink, and drink some more

The Red Wolf throws a late autumn party of drink and food. All are welcome. Don't be shy!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[The Quay] We drink, and drink, and drink some more

Postby Caela Dorin on December 21st, 2014, 7:23 pm

Caela's eyes kept settling on the man that S'Essy had called "Uncle". There was something unsettling about it in the dancer's mind but maybe that was because she already had misgivings about the Zeltivan. Were they somehow related? It didn't seem like they were, there was certainly no family resemblance that she could see but the idea that it might be a nickname was oddly creepy. Her curiosity grew as she watched the other blonde woman ask Palaren to dance with her. Didn't seem like there was a familial link between them that was for sure but that made her wonder about him. What sort of name was that to call someone if they weren't actually your uncle?

The blonde allowed her gaze to return to her lap as the man rose to lead S'Essy to the dance floor, not wanting to risk making eye contact with him. If he happened to glance her way then hopefully it would seem as if she hadn't noticed him. A tap on the shoulder shattered her plan though as she jumped in surprise and turned automatically only to be confronted with the sight of the person that she was trying to avoid the notice of. She froze, staring up at him with wide eyes. His words striking her deeply. Her eyes lingered on his form as he led the woman on his arm to the dance floor, tears beginning to threaten. Why had he chosen to be so cruel? He knew that she wasn't a whore yet he treated her like one. She was someone to give money to, to embarrass and humiliate and then discard without another thought.

A tear rolled silently down her cheek before she remembered that she wasn't the only one at the table. There were a whole host of people that would see her crying and she didn't want that. A hand was drawn hastily over her eyes and cheeks as she tried to hide the marks that would draw the scrutiny and judgment of others. Had they heard what Palaren had said to her? Had anyone been paying that much attention? Caela looked around the table, searching for signs that the other occupants had been listening. If anyone had been eavesdropping then they would no doubt have gotten entirely the wrong impression of her and what she had done for the Zeltivan's money. The dancer had gotten all dressed up for him, made herself like a pretty present ready to be unwrapped but the man hadn't wanted her to dance for him by the end of it all. He hadn't wanted to treat her like a slave, a ridiculous excuse but the one that he'd given. Nobody seated near her would know that it had been as innocent as that though.
Caela Dorin
Seductress

Words: 472136
Joined roleplay: January 1st, 2014, 12:00 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Zandelia on December 24th, 2014, 2:38 am

The steps came slowly, faltering here and there, but she didn't care truly. There had been a number of situations where she had fought to keep what they shared a secret from the world. Afraid that she would harm her partner, put the one she loved in danger. She was learning though that it didn't matter – the secrecy at least. People would seek to harm them both for their professional relationship and it was becoming less important to conceal what had been concealed. She would not be frivolous with the trust placed but it was truly enjoyable to just enjoy the dance, the closeness and the fun of shared time amongst others. She let Fallon lead, her comments were true enough that they elicited a chiming laugh from her throat.

“My dear I'm not sure I could tell you what to do unless you had already decided to do it. I keep trying but you are impossible when it comes to orders. I have learnt it is much easier,” she went into the dip and pushed herself back up to look into Fallon's eyes warmly, “to guide...gently” she conceded with a small smile.

The rest of what was said was ignored for now, consumed by the obvious enjoyment of the dance. It had been so long since she had truly danced, it seemed an age. It was a strange montage her life, filled with so many who had sought to kill her or more. So few had given her the time or opportunity for anything beyond exploitation or dealings of business. The day they had met flashed back briefly, a freeze-frame of when she had wielded her hidden blade. She could have killed the woman, all of her training had told her to do so. Yet she hadn't, she had relented and accepted their bargain – the very model of a businesswoman. Such a small portion of time, such an important decision made. Now, looking back, she knew it had been the best one she had ever made as she stepped around in an attempt at a twirl, legs kicking afterwards to the beat and pulling the other woman closer.

“I look lie I usually do, so kind of you to notice. You are rather dashing though I must admit. You;re lucky there are people here otherwise...” she let the words fall as the motions continued until the music ebbed, slowed and ended as she beamed a smile and someone approached them with two cups of refreshment.

“Thank you,” she stated as she took both cups and held one up for Fallon before her between her fingers, “to the best woman I've known and the only one who could take this woman and make her respectable....give or take a little bit” she stated as she drained the cup and the clapping ensued.

She looked around, many were gazing upon them both and she felt her cheeks reddened slightly. It had not occurred to her that as the hosts their actions would be watched and appreciated even upon the dancing floor. She supposed it was inevitable, Sunberth liked theatre and generosity was so rare that they must have seemed saints. Foolish saints perhaps but saints nonetheless. She pulled Fallon closer, there was a buzzing now, faint but deep within. She was likely crazy and drunk but as the inner warmth grew there was part of her that screamed something else. It was drowned easily beneath everything else. She didn't care anymore and instead planted a mighty kiss upon Fallon;s lips as the clapping and cheers resonated.

“So much for secrets, it seems we were ousted before we even put the party up. Or you put the party up. I say let them have their fun, I'd like...for once...for everyone to see us together. No fear. No duplicity. Let them come, I've already sworn everything to you. I don't care anymore for what others see. I just want you. Want to find a seat?” she asked, eye glistening with unknown narcotic influence and growing as she spoke quietly into the other woman's ear.

She didn't wait for an answer, she just tugged Fallon in her wake. In truth the drug was not truly taking effect, she had made a decision and would stand by it. Still...it was working its way through her and would control her soon enough unbeknownst to her mind.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Fallon on December 26th, 2014, 4:13 pm

It was fun, that was the only way to describe it. Even with the stumbling steps, the look down to avoid stepping on toes and catching on fabric, or the occasional look up to avoid bumping into anyone. Her cheeks had taken on red blush, her eyes catching that look as she continued her leading round - the gentle nudge of guiding here and there as she stepped. But it was her lips that had pulled back into a curl, a small smile having graced her features as she found herself simply falling into a world of just them - the rest of it did not matter. Her voice left her, the pulling closer as she found the beat, the eyes drinking her partner in. No, nothing needed to change and the state of bliss would hold for a while, even with the watching eyes of other. Even as the dance came to an end, the clear and steady gaze gave only a flicker as another came over. For a moment there was a confused blink, her mind slamming back into reality and that there were others about. Still, there was the offering of a drink, and as her hand peeled away she took it with a small polite nod, "Ditto. I-"

Fallon did not miss those words, her shoulders rising and her cheeks reddening to the short statement supplied. Licking her lips she looked down and into the cup. She gave a pause thinking of what she could possibly say back and found herself only stumbling on words. So, she frowned and pursed her lips into a line as the silver tongued struggled, "I... well... yes... Um." She swirled the contents about, surrendered the attempt to think clearly and so gave only a stupid grin back, "Well, I certainly think it was worth it. Or at least, the trying. I..." It was easier to silence herself, and so, she drained her drink and allowed the events to unfold.

Surprise came next, feeling of lips, the gentle tastes and textures that went with it. Her expression no doubt spoke that, the faint buzzing within the ego growing louder, eyes growing louder and stumbling over thoughts and words. But Zandelia had spoken for them, truth hanging in the words and only the slow, dumb nodding creeping forth as she was tugged away from the dancing and through the cheers and clapping. The fingers gave a lace, holding on as she allowed the leading to a seat and collapsed into it - the faint tingling of sensation beginning to play upon her mind. She pulled the woman close, and that was how the night continued for them - simplicity and no illusions despite the mind growing addled with alcohol and drugs. For the rest, despite the occasional piece of drama, the night remained cool and pleasant within the late autumn. Music continued its echoing out, the thanks here and there from others, until at last the crowds begun to thin with the coming of dawn.

What a night it had been.

oocSo, unless anyone has any objections. I'm handing this in. Exit stage left!
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Eleazar Victor Syroin on December 29th, 2014, 7:58 pm

OOCLatey McLateypants here with a reply. Anyway a well deserved thank you to Fallon hosting this brillaint open thread and my sympathies to whomever grades this monster. May that grader fight with the strength of many men and weild the lore like a sword.

The instant compliment from ghostie had the teen's cheeks flush instantly. H-He had a pretty face? Embarrassed he was quick to turn his attention to the other blonde female he knew at the table, only to get a bit of a surprise. Caela was drunk, not incredibly drunk but drunk none the less. He could even smell the alcohol off her from across the table as the dancer greeted him in her normal way, sneering at his name at the first chance she saw. Seriously, what was so wrong with his name that she had to mock it every, single time. Gah. Shrugging it off, his brain hung on a certain part of her happy babbling. 'Oh and you.' Was he not included in the 'everyone'? Oh, whatever it's not like she didn't insult him regularly anyway.

Mentally laying out a witty come back to parry the dancer's jab, his words were interrupted at the arrival of a sailor, at least someone who sounded like one. He greeted Lion as Kvist and Ghostie as S'Essy; obviously rather closely acquainted with the two. Actually now that he though about it, 'Kvist' was also acting rather endearing towards the female.Wait, were him and ghostie and ghostie and him...dating? Ehhh!? Did that make Lion Ghostie's Prince? Mind reeling at this discovery, Eleazar almost missed the change in the dancer's expression opposite him.

Her smile had gone. Green eyes watched the man with a spark of fear? No, no way, Caela was scared? Turning to eye up the stranger, Eleazar couldn't find anything overly scary about him bare his extreme friendliness that had sent lion running off to get them all drinks. Good thing they were free so he wouldn't be owing anyone anything once they all sobered up slightly. Grabbing a hold of one of the mugs when they and Kvist reappeared at the table, he moved the mug subtly closer to his plate the resumed devouring what was in front of him.

His motions paused briefly when Ghostie addressed the strangers as uncle. Odd they didn't look similar at all, he didn't even have her vaguely shiny scale like markings. Maybe instead he was an uncle via marriage, married to one of her parent's siblings. That would make sense else the term would suggest something closer to his mother's line of work.Shuddering at the thought, Eleazar downed his own drink before working on the one Lion had given to him. His eyes kept a worried gaze on 'Uncle' as he invited Ghostie for a dance to which she accepted. Gentle as he dragged the female off to dance, it was very lucky Eleazar had been drinking at the time else his next few words towards Caela would have cost him his nose.

Shocked at what he had heard the teen's lungs had attempted to breathe ale, only to find out that that was never a good idea. Hacking and spluttering, by the time the teen had recovered the petching vagik had slinked away into the crowds. Who the petch did he think he was!? You did not say things like that, not without get socked in the face for it. Heck, if he had as much money as he had mizas, Eleazar doubted he had a pot to piss in. Pink in the face from his choking experience, the temptation to run after the foreigner and rip an eye ball out tripled with the expression Caela wore. The thief felt like he had been stab looking at her. Where had that terrifyingly confident woman gone? He would rather be cowering before her than watching as that tough exterior crumbled away. In the end he just sat there for most of the night, occasionally staring at her unsure of what to do and worried more than ever about the blonde dancer.
14/14
Fast feet and an unsound mind make a man fly.
Eleazar Victor Syroin
Ownership is a matter of Opinion

Words: 154090
Joined roleplay: December 24th, 2013, 11:13 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Jashkataal on January 31st, 2015, 1:09 am

“Heroes know that things must happen when it is time for them to happen. A quest may not simply be abandoned; unicorns may go unrescued for a long time, but not forever; a happy ending cannot come in the middle of the story.” ― Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn

Fallon Murdock
Experience
  • Carousing +4
  • Flirting +2
  • Hostessing +3
  • Impersonation +1
  • Organization +1
  • Planning +1
  • Seduction +1
  • Storytelling +1
Lores
  • Preparation for a party.
  • Neighbors of the Quay.
  • Storytelling: the gaze of interest.
  • Zandelia: a kiss in public.
Miscellaneous
  • Please remember to subtract 98.4gm from your ledger for the Quay Party.
I like the rhythm or flow of your writing, it adds nicely to your voice. Well done.

Kechaiya
Retired

Zandelia Sansom
Experience
  • Carousing +2
  • Dancing +1
  • Deduction +1
  • Flirting +2
  • Intelligence +1
  • Intimidation +1
  • Persuasion +1
  • Seduction +1
  • Socialization +2
Lores
  • the Quay: all done up for a party.
  • Fallon: a glimpse behind the veil.
  • Relief: a secret reveiled

Great thread, enjoyed your posts and your character. Well done.

Nitai
Please bring your ledger up to date and PM me, and I will be more than happy to post your grade.

Xavior Sihouette
Experience
  • Hypnotism +1
  • Investigation +1
  • Observation +2
  • Socialization +1
  • Subterfuge +2
Lores
  • Bitzer: the Storyteller

I enjoyed reading your character's post. Well done.

Victus
Once your ledger is brought up to date, please do PM me and I will be more than happy to post your grade.

Dmitri Saratov
Experience
  • Observation +1
  • Philosophy +1
  • Socialization +1
Lores
  • Old Fisher's dead family.

Nice job and interesting story arc. Well done.

Noven
Experience
  • Carousing +4
  • Cosmetology +1
  • Dancing + 1
  • Flirting + 2
  • Intimidation +1
  • Observation +1
  • Socialization +3
  • Subterfuge +1
Lores
  • Kitchen: makeshift grooming
  • Tipsy with Kechaiya
  • Bitzer and Web, dance together.
  • Sunberth Jig.

Great thread, loving your writing voice. Well done.

Toan Onox
Please correct your ledger for Fall expenses. There is a math error of 210gm. Once corrected, PM me and I will be more than happy to post your grade.

Gideon
Please bring your ledger up to date, PM once it has been corrected and I will be more than happy to post your grade.

Caela Dorin
Experience
  • Carousing +2
  • Cosmetology +1
  • Deduction +1
  • Detection +1
  • Flirting +1
  • Observation +5
  • Persuasion +1
  • Socialization +1
  • Stealth +1
  • Subterfuge +1
Lores
  • Sight of an Akalak
  • Matchmaker: Noven and Kechaiya leave together
  • Being Tipsy
  • Berry Cider
  • Palaren: S'Essy's odd Uncle?
Miscellaneous
  • Pending

Sherashadiss
Experience
  • Investigation +1
  • Observation +1
  • Stealth +2
Lores
  • Hosts of the Quay
Miscellaneous
  • Don't forget to deduct 28gm for the Love Dust.

A fun thread, and I like your character concept. Well done.

Markus Andres
Experience
  • Carousing +3
  • Deduction +1
  • Flirting +2
  • Socialization +3
Lores
  • the Quay: all dressed up for a party.
  • The sound of Kontinese
  • Fallon and Zandelia together.
  • Caelo: drunk at a party

Great post, you've a nice humor to your writing. Well done.

Marone
Please bring your ledger current and PM me for your grade.

S Essy
Experience
  • Cosmetology +1
  • Observation +3
  • Socialization +3
  • Subterfuge +2
Lores
  • Trusting Markus
  • Nitai: just okay at Kontinese
  • Dor'ger the Akalak
  • the Hunger: of mother with child

b]Miscellaneous[/b]
  • Don't forge to deduct 20gm for your purple silk dress.

You write elegantly and clearly, it was a joy to read. Well Done!

Kaie
Experience
  • Deduction +1
  • Socialization +1
Lores
  • the Quay: done up for a party

Looking forward of reading more of your posts. Well done.

Dor gen
Experience
  • Carousing +3
  • Cosmetology +1
  • Dancing +2
  • Flirting +1
  • Intelligence +1
  • Intimidation +1
  • Observation +3
  • Socializatioin +5
  • Subterfuge +1
Lores
  • Purple suits Nitai
  • Goa: insightful
  • Tara: a vision in purple
  • Self-Knowledge: our faults
  • Pangs of Jealousy: Firenze
  • The dark path of Jealousy

Great thread, I like the self reflection. Well done.

Firenze
Experience
  • Carousing +5
  • Cosmetology +1
  • Dancing +1
  • Flirting +2
  • Intimidation +1
  • Observation +5
  • Seduction +1
  • Socialization +4
  • Subterfuge +2
Lores
  • Nitai Makes Dor'gen blush
  • Clamming a date
  • Pangs of Jealousy
  • Dor'gen doesn't dance
  • Locampo: the gentlemen
  • Loxudeianis or Lo'campo
  • The comfort of food and drink
  • The dark path of Jealousy
Miscellaneous
  • Do not forget to deduct 28sm for the expenses of the day.

Great threads, I liked the perspective of your character, being kelvic and all. Well done.

Pulren Marsh
Experience
  • Carousing +1
  • Cosmetology +1
  • Dancing +1
  • Flirting +1
  • Impersonation +1
  • Meditation +1
  • Observation +3
  • Socialization +2
  • Subterfuge +2
Lores
  • The Quay: all done up for a party
  • the sight of an Akalak
  • Bitzer and Web, dancing together
  • Ravenous S'Essy eatting for two
  • Dancing is easy

I like your flow of writing, as well as the complexity of your character. Well done.

Eleazar Victor Syroin
Experience
  • Carousing +1
  • Cosmetology +1
  • Intelligence +1
  • Investigation +1
  • Observation +2
  • Socialization +1
Lores
  • Caela: drunky
  • Ghostie's odd Uncle?
Miscellaneous
  • Do not forget to deduct 4gm 1sm and 5cm for the party.

Nice pacing and selection of detail, it really frames your character well.

Lo Campo
Experience
  • Carousing +3
  • Dancing +1
  • Flirting +1
  • Observation +4
  • Seduction +1
  • Socializatioin +4
Lores
  • Firenze: party goer
  • Dancing: following the lead

Nice thread, I like how active your character was. Well done.

Tara Kenja
Please PM once your ledger is brought current and I will be more than happy to post your grade.

If you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to send a PM. Please remember to delete your grade request. The pleasure was all mine.

Regards,
~Jashkataal
Jashkataal
Lovely, Deep and Dark

Words: 22093
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2014, 9:35 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Previous