Closed [The Quay] We drink, and drink, and drink some more

The Red Wolf throws a late autumn party of drink and food. All are welcome. Don't be shy!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[The Quay] We drink, and drink, and drink some more

Postby Firenze on November 19th, 2014, 1:56 am

As Firenze looked around the table, the man sitting across from her caught her eye. He was speaking to another man who had just handed him a book. Why would someone bring a book to a party? She watched him for a moment to see what the reason was for having a book. He appeared to be talking to himself for a moment, but then looked up at her, "Well now, you look like you could do with another drink my lady."

Looking down at the glass in her hand, she noticed that there was not much left in her cup, and Gods did she need to drink away the taste of jealousy. She looked back to him, "Actually, I would love a drink," purring the response to him, the corner of her mouth tipping upward. She was still reeling with the situation that had just occurred and she was hoping that he might help her in forgetting and making Dor'gen a little jealous, so he could get a taste of how she was feeling.

"What's the book for?" Firenze, pointed her slim finger in the direction that the book laid on the table, eyes still on the man, trying to flirt with him to the best of her ability. She hoped that Dor'gen was watching. "By the way, I'm Firenze. But you can call me Fire," She held her hand out for him to take, winking at him as she told him to refer to her in her personal nickname.

As she was talking to the man with the vibrant blue eyes, she felt a presence at her shoulder. "Hello, my name is Lo'campo. I don't mean to intrude anything, but I would be delighted if you granted me the pleasure of accompanying you tonight?" Fire turned to see who had spoken to her, her eyes meeting with the crotch of a man.

Scooting back a bit in her seat, her eyes trailed up the figure, resting on a large dark blue man. Another Akalak? She smiled to the man who had approached her, leaning back in her chair trying to meet the eyes of the man. He was just as tall as Dor'gen, perhaps a little slimmer his muscles more compact and honed. He wasn't bad to look at, but he didn't give her the tingles the way her violet man did. Then it hit her, This should make him even more jealous! What's better then one man? Two!

"Please, have a seat, I was just having a conversation with my new friend here, he was telling me about the book that he'd brought," she smiled, her lids heavy from the drink coursing through her veins, she held her hand out to the new man, "I'm Firenze, what's your name?" She blinked slowly, trying to make it seem as though she were flirting with him.

Looking between the men, she took a drink from her cup, she was enjoying herself with the new company, but she still had the feeling to look for Dor. She didn't want to be rude to the new guests but the nagging feeling kept her eyes flicking off every once in a while to see if she could spy Dor'gen seeing her with her new companions. She hoped that it would stir some feelings in the hardened warrior.

OOC InfoWord Count = 555
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Words: 674676
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Tara Kenja on November 19th, 2014, 3:05 am

Her back was to the table she had just abandoned. Her hand hovered over the drink choices. Either go with the sweet berry cider or the bitter ale. Almost immediately she choose the ale. She hesitated, was she really going to get drunk at a time like this. Hell, she thought she might as well.

Bringing the drink up to her pink lips she almost managed to chug half the ale down. Tara thought it would all come back up. Held her stomach for a moment, she felt sick for two reasons. One was the way she acted at the party and the taste of the ale. She straighten herself, there was worst tasting things than this drink and she knew it. Than she was ready to down the rest but immediately stopped herself.

Turning around it was surprise to the Kelvic that Dor'gen had came to her. There was a rather confused look in her face. Her hazel green eyes met his, though they did not lock. She didn't know what to say. Tara thought she had done wrong against his plans to begin with. Announcing her arrival through jealous and blunt actions.

She than looked around the party. Everyone's faces seemed to mix as they danced around to the rhythm of the music. Like he could be doing with the woman named Firenze. Tara had simply ruined their night most likely. She wasn't going to lie, she felt bad for many reasons. Her brow furrowed and her gaze returned to Dor'gen.

He would take a blade for her? She was almost one hundred percent sure no one had ever set up themselves like that for her. Tara was speechless, she wasn't sure what would come out of her mouth next. An apology or something witty? Normally she would have just lashed back but this time was different. It wasn't a time to hold on to her protective shell, it was time to give it a rest.

For tonight at least. There was something that the Akalak brought out in her, she couldn't describe how she changed when she was in her presences. Tara's facial expression slowly dissipated to a soft sincere look. Slowly she brought her hand up, extending her arm a good distance and placed it softly on his cheek. Her thumb moved over his skin and she admitted quietly: “Don't think for one tick I wouldn't do the same for you. ”

It was a even bolder move but, if he would place his life in order for her to live one more day. Tara could understand why she would to the same, she just would. Taking her hand off of him and took a sip of her drink. "I forgive you but If you want to go back to her, you can. I'm not going to stop you." Tara took in a deep breath and combed a stray blonde curl behind her ear. "At the end of the day, you know where I'll be."

Part of her meant where he can literally find her, in her den and the other part was metaphorically. As in, she'd be by his side, if he needed her for anything, all he would have to do is ask and she'd be there.

15/10
At this time I am no longer accepting threads. Be patient until that number goes down, than I can thread some more. :)
Tara Kenja
Life, liberty, and the pursuit of redemption.

Words: 69975
Joined roleplay: August 7th, 2014, 4:37 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Lianel Lighthand Terras on November 20th, 2014, 4:50 am

She winced apologetically in regards to her question, but there was also a vast curiosity behind the polite gesture, an inquisitiveness that wondered if and when she could get more of an explanation out of him. He could be telling the truth, memories too hazy to truly recall, but Nitai had found over the years that the mind liked to hide painful things away, and somehow she guessed this man had seen his fair share of them, especially if he had been a slave all of his living memory.

She showed her teeth with the smile she gave him as she felt his thumb run against hers. Despite his demeanor, size, and well...just the look of him, Varan seemed to be opening up quite well. Nitai's mind, slowly being consumed by liquor tried to figure out what aspect of it was her looks, what was her charm, and was was the general amount of booze flowing that evening that had put the tough looking slave in her arms, then decided it was too much work to bother. The beaming smile, however did turn into a more impish expression, and the hand that rested tentatively on his shoulder snuck up and tugged off the hood in one fluid motion.

Her eyes roved his face with the utmost scrutiny, taking in the sharp features and dark eyes, a pronounced brow that she could imagine scowling from the shadows of the hood, though now... a little less so. His hair was a strange mixture of locks and braids, and the whole of him seemed ready to whip off the cloak and draw a blade at any moment, all of these things Nitai finding utterly wonderful. "Oh, I'm sorry, now I'm being rude."

She gripped his hand tightly and sped up their tempo slightly. "I don't suppose there's anything you'd like to tell me about yourself? I know it is not the most...enjoyable subject matter, but I can assure you, I am a good listener." She was testing the waters, her curiosity ever heightened. She didn't think Varan would attack or harm her in anyway, but she was more than a bit afraid of driving him away, and for more than to satisfy her insatiable thirst to understand how the people of the city worked, high and low. She found her body shifting slightly closer to his, glancing down to check to make sure she wasn't stepping on his feet either before glancing back up expectantly.
Lianel Lighthand Terras
Player

Words: 36788
Joined roleplay: November 2nd, 2014, 2:17 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Victus on November 20th, 2014, 11:37 am

Had he been a truly practical man (or a heartless one), he would have ended it the moment the hood flapped from his head. There were plenty of tough-looking men in Sunberth with messy hair and strong jaws and permanent scowls, but Victus knew he was often observed. Hundreds had seen him fight in the cage, and all it would take would be a one of that multitude idly passing by, seeing his visage looming above a crowded dance floor that would attract attention-

Stop fretting. No-one has noticed so far, a fresh voice soothed him from his own head as his gaze flickered around frantically, thoughts of her crushed toes forgotten. And the plan is the same. Another bell, then break from this, and leave with a handful of clean memories.

Victus frowned at the competing voice, mind both cynically suspicious and naively optimistic. How easy it was for a soul to fabricate an argument - reasonable and enticing - when all it wished was to cast those things aside and just do what it wanted. Victus didn't want to care about being noticed or informed on; he was enjoying himself and this charming woman, and he wanted to stay.

Then she spoke again and he felt the pressure in his hand, the urgency in it drawing him from his thoughts. Another question. His eyes narrowed just a fraction: she asked a lot of those. In his limited experience, people that did wanted something from you; they wished to use your answers to fill their purses, and since Victus had no purse to plunder and much to lose...

"Why you care so much, hmm?"

His tone was sharp and cold as the gladius at his belt, and he did not regret it. Women were not his speciality, and never had been. A handful of dancers around them suddenly looked up sharply, women scolding him silently, even a "well...!" of outrage whispered from one passing old lady. Victus could have cared less...

Until he saw her lovely features crumple slightly at his words. Then he regretted it.

"Apologies." He all but blurted, gripping her tighter almost out of instinct for fear she would flee from him as one would a mad dog. What more are you, then? "I... I am not... Usually, I... ah..."

The words argued and stumbled on his tongue, all eager to get out and be understood, and so none of them did. The scowl morphed into a confused frown instead and finally the man looked up at her, contrition stark in his eyes. He hadn't even noticed they'd stopped dancing.

Tell her something! Anything! Just don't leave it like-

"I am learning to read," he finally said, carefully, looking her in the eyes, I could not, but now someone teaches me. It is hard, but..."

Now it was his turn to smile like rising Syna. Oh, how blind he'd been to the world of ink and parchment; how ignorant of the lives and loves and legends frozen in dusty tomes, just waiting for eye and imagination to thaw them into furious life. Victus grinned and his hands moved to her hips-

-lifted her in a quarter turn to his left, as if she was a child in his muscled arms-

-then put her back down on her feet. Some of the dancers around them made that low not-quite-cheering sound of approval and Victus dipped his head a little to hide his face, then looked back to hers...

Anything. Anything to show I've not wounded you... please?

She'd pressed closer to him by a matter of inches, but it seemed... so much closer. Victus could feel the proximity of her now; he could smell the cleanliness of her clothes and the freshness of her skin, and whatever fragrance she wore... he tried not to breath in too hard, lest he become intoxicated.

His grip tightened on her and... was he... stroking her side?

"And you?" He said, voice more relaxed, even verging of playful, thoughts rushing through his mind that he'd not loosed for years. "What is a 'Konti', anyway?"
Victus
Player

Words: 73676
Joined roleplay: November 2nd, 2014, 10:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Caela Dorin on November 22nd, 2014, 9:11 pm

Nato introduced himself and the dancer let out a snort of laughter that threatened to turn into another giggling fit. She couldn't say why she found his name so funny exactly, just that it was. Maybe it was because it reminded her of something amusing, something that she couldn't quite place in her memory. A knowing nod replaced the near giggling as he remarked upon the purple, the blonde becoming distracted by the movement of his mug before she could comment. When it became clear that it was being offered to her she beamed, her smile somehow broadening when she discovered that the contents was exactly what she'd been after: berry cider.

The vessel was pulled towards her eagerly so that she could sip at the liquid that she was acquiring such a taste for. It was almost as good as rum but not as strong she felt. She could probably drink the cider all night and not feel any the worse for wear by the end of it. All interest in Nato was gone once his drink had been acquired, especially as there were new things to occupy her such as the appearance of a familiar face.

"Eleazar!" she trilled, the mocking note in her voice that so often accompanied the pronouncement of his name. "Well, I think that I'm enjoying it. I have more berry cider and there are all sorts of new and interesting people. Oh and you." The implications that her words might carry didn't register in her mind. She was too consumed by the happiness that the alcohol was fuelling. "When did you become so clean?" she questioned him, an innocent smile on her face.

A glance was thrown around the room and another familiar face caught her eye. Her green gaze fixed on it, the recognition dampening the smile on her face. Palaren. Caela wasn't happy to see the Zeltivan at all. After what she'd done for his entertainment at the bathhouse, she had never wanted to see him again. Besides in hindsight, she'd found the man a little bit creepy and seeing him again wasn't doing much to sway that newer opinion. Worse still he was heading straight for her table.

Oh no, oh no, not here! Anywhere else, anywhere! Please don't come and sit here! she thought rapidly at him, the young woman sinking a little in her seat. A large swig was taken from the mug in her hand in the hopes of fortifying her for the upcoming encounter. He unceremoniously plonked himself in a chair and greeted S'Essy and Kvist before his attention was turned away. He seemed disinterested in the table's other occupants including herself but Caela didn't know whether to be glad or to feel burned by his ignorance. It was like how one treated a whore if you met in a public place. Sure, he'd given her money but it hadn't been for that sort of entertainment. She didn't want him to appear overly friendly or interested in her but to be blanked entirely stung.

She was feeling far more sober all of a sudden.

She contemplated the depths of her mug, the meagre remains of the beverage splashing against the sides as her hands shook a little. The end of it was drank in a quick gulp, the mug returned to the table before her hands fell into her lap where she could stare at them until somebody spoke to her.
Caela Dorin
Seductress

Words: 472136
Joined roleplay: January 1st, 2014, 12:00 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Lianel Lighthand Terras on November 23rd, 2014, 1:02 am

The drink was starting to wear off, she could feel that heady feeling sinking back, leaving her with some wonderful warmth, yet an emptiness craving to be replaced. A part of her, somewhere inside felt horrible for the slave. He knew, or assumed because that is how Sunberth worked, that she was...using him in some way, manipulating him for her own purposes, and in a way, this assumption was entirely correct. She couldn't help but want to know every fact of the man, to take him apart like a clock, examine each piece and replace it, perhaps in better condition than it was found...perhaps not. She was enjoying herself, more so than she had in some time, half of her couldn't tell if she was manipulating him, or he was her, albeit accidentally (unless she had truly underestimated the man). Like Dor'gen, she felt somehow safer simply by being near his bulk. The way his eyes had lit up like shining chunks of obsidian when she had confessed her own fear of being enslaved.

She waited a moment, expectantly, expecting him to leave with a swirl of his cloak and disappear into the darkness of the night, an indentured shadow...and then found herself entranced still when this in fact did not occur...how could she not help but smile when he grabbed her like toy and gently hoisted her around. Despite herself a giggle of mirth escaped her lips, and when she landed she felt his hand shift on her hip ever so slightly, leaning slightly into the touch.

"Reading? That sounds wonderful. I should read more...I rarely ever find the time nowadays. Ah, me?" She paused, a long pause filled with contemplation. She normally rejoiced in spinning webs of lives about herself to other people, but looking into his expectant face she found herself a bit...put off by the idea. So put off in fact that she leaned in close to his ear, lips brushing it softly to whisper. "I work for a gang, doing intelligence work."

Then she pulled away. He would hopefully know not to ask 'which' gang, the fact she had told him that much put him several legs up from almost anyone else she conversed with on a regular basis. "Haven't heard of the Konti?" This bit she always enjoyed, and twisted her neck to the side, flaring her gills that were exposed because of her ponytail for show. "We are the beautiful fish women born of Avalis and Laviku, blessed the Goddesses of Healing and True Sight. Coveted around the world for our beauty and grace." Just at that moment she managed to step on his toe, proving her point so eloquently she began laughing. "I should practicing dancing more often so that perhaps you would believe me."

Now that warmth began to leave her and Nitai's mind was filled with a number of things. Realizations of things she shouldn't of said, things she shouldn't be doing. Her smile faltered somewhat and she drew back a bit from Victus. "It has been a pleasure, but I should probably go, Varan..." She glanced off towards the exit.
Lianel Lighthand Terras
Player

Words: 36788
Joined roleplay: November 2nd, 2014, 2:17 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Victus on November 23rd, 2014, 2:51 am

She whispered the words to him like they're some venerable secret, but when she pulls away a little from his grip (regrettably), all Victus can do is frown and turn the word over in his mind.

Dark eyebrows join together like mating caterpillars until finally his consternation finds and voice and he rumbles slowly:

"Does that mean you make people... smarter? That is intelligence... yes?"

Victus knew that things must have changed quite a bit since he was enslaved, if that was what the gangs were focusing on nowadays. People in the crew whose job was to help with intellect? Who would have thought Sunberth gangers would be so progressive? And if that was the case, why had he not seen any evidence of it?

Maybe that explains the violence: some people might not want to be smarter. Or maybe... you just don't know the word? Maybe it means something else? Have to ask the healer...

Then he reminds himself that she's still there, and he needn't make a mental ask to ask someone who is not. But her words are already moving onto another subject, and he can tell it's one closer to her heart. Her voice glows with some ancestral pride as she speaks of the gods and sight and beauty and grace. Victus never really understood that queer breed of inherited pride - how can you be proud of something you had no part in? - but to hear Nitai speak of it...

All his life, all he knew was the Lady of Victory and Battles. The Goddess of the Cage. The faceless, nameless idol carved out of cheap stone that had stood vigil over his alcove back in the Casino, fed with blood from his palm before every fight. Mayhap there were moments he thought she was the only god, and then...

It's like thinking that all the light in the world comes from embers in a cave... and then one day someone walks in and shows you Syna.

"Well, I certainly believe the part about beauOW!"

Of course, she would chose that moment to prove her clumsiness: right when he tries to be Mister Charming Breeches for the first time that evening. He jumps out of instinct as her dainty foot mashes his toe and despite himself Victus actually laughs.

"No, no," he says, smile crinkling his face as she stutters her apologies, waving it off as they finally break from each other, "I'm sure my toe just got in the way of your feet..."

Was that... humor? Yes, it was! The healer will be so happy!

Then that good mood drains from him like a barrel split at the bottom when she mentions leaving. Not like it's a possibility, but the fact she is going... and really, shouldn't that be a good thing? Victus knew he couldn't dance and talk and laugh and dream until the dawn. It's late enough and already Master will be expecting him back. He sacrificed a night of education for... well, alternative education, actually.

The healer said I needed to expand my mind and experiences. Well, consider them expanded.

Besides which, it didn't sound like Nitai was trying desperately to get away from him, dump him, escape from some leech like he'd noted some other women doing (with varying degrees of success and violence). Not that it made that hollowness seem much better. Victus didn't even understand the feeling, and he supposed that was... natural, considering his isolation.

And I did not know what isolation was until the healer opened my eyes.

Then the slave squared his shoulders and made a short, slow bow to her, hands reaching to slide his cowl back to his head as he came back up. When he stood straight once more, she could see those ebony eyes gleaming at her like black pearls, and below them, a half-moon slash of white teeth.

"Until that day, Nitai."

Something he'd heard a long time before, from a savage with ink on every inch of his leathery skin and the bones of the fallen and feasted on jammed through his flesh. As Victus had it told to him, it was farewell, promise, blessing and threat, all rolled into one, simple expression.

I do not know when or if we shall meet, Lady Born Of Gods, but still-

"And thank you for my first dance."

The slave did not linger on the moment; no good could come of it. He walked by her and his fingers snaked around hers for a moment, holding it firmly. If she looked to her side, she would see his eyes in his cowl... but not burning with that uncertain intensity of before. No, they would be sparkling, dancing, amused and gratified at once.

Victus smiled once more, cast his eyes around the ribald and raucous gathering like a man taking in an art gallery... and then-

The thought strikes him like an arrow to the chest just as his hands begin to leave hers. He wouldn't tell her he hoped to see her again, even if so much of him did. Sneaking out to the healer for his education was difficult enough; doing so twice over to make eyes with some woman would be far too dangerous.

For both of us, he reminds himself darkly, but still the words tumble from his lips, hopeful despite the casual tone he tries to adopt.

"Unless you would... like an escort to your lodgings," he says, remembering the tales of gallant knights the healer had told him of.

Once the words hit the air, it would be Nitai's decision. If she accepted, he would walk by her side, hands at his side and eyes alert, like a good escort should be. If not, the slave would give her one last nod and let the night swallow him alone.

Victus
Player

Words: 73676
Joined roleplay: November 2nd, 2014, 10:44 pm
Character sheet

Postby Markus Andres on November 23rd, 2014, 2:33 pm

Kvist placed down the drink on the table after he drained the rest of its content. The timing was excellent as he placed his bum in the seat and looked around the place. The woman that S'Essy introduced him to spoke of lack of alcohol. Kvist was happy to oblige, but there was something off-putting about the woman. He certainly noticed her extremely good looks, he always did, but she was staring at him. It was a little discomforting. His sluggish reaction speed barely managed to kick in when the woman almost faceplanted herself on the table. It was first when she had stopped herself that the knight reaction came. Which only mounted to a gasp of surprise. The woman was quite clearly drunk. Which the knight thoroughly enjoying. At least someone else was visibly drunk. The woman seemed to be struck by a giggle fit and Kvist responded with a wide grin as he gave his lover a gentle nudge. About to speak when the woman spoke again. Asking Kvist directly for something to drink. Before he could speak again, the man who spoke in a manner that Kvist found peculiar at the raid joined them at the table. So many things going on, his poor drunken mind couldn't handle any more people showing up out of nowhere to greet them. Still he flashed the man a smile, any man he had fought alongside held a special place in his heart. A comrade of arms - although the man was more a thief. Thought everyone in Sunberth was a thief it seemed.

"Glad you could make it, buddy! Come, have a seat! Need anything to drink? The wonderful lady across the table has sought another mug and surely I can fetch one to you as well! Sure you don't want something to drink, dear?" He added the last part a little lower as he leaned in to his lover. Pregnant woman carrying his child. At least it could not be seen yet and she looked absolutely stunning in her purple dress. Something he had utterly neglected to mention. "Oh, and you look stunning tonight, dear." He said as he began to rise. Only for Pulren to appear. His name. What was that. Palawan? Yes. He went by Palawan. The smile on his lips as one of the few people of the inner circle in Sunberth. One of the few who knew who he was beyond the Lion mercenary. But it was best to keep it safe.

"Another friend! Come join us, I was about to get some mugs of ale and cider for the people, you need anything? Two ciders, and two ales? Excellent! I'll be right back!" He gave a glance to S'Essy's plate to see if he needed to grab something more for her to eat. Perhaps some nuts. Even crack a wise ass joke about that as he goes. As he rose and left the table, he was utterly oblivious if any at the table had problems with one another. The large man left the table, turned a curious glance at Tara and the huge Akalak, but that was none of his business. Good to see the tigress socialising. The knight moved on to the kegs. Poured himself the needed drinks and returned to the table. Five mugs. Three ale and two cider. He placed the pentagon of mugs on the table. Handing out two of the ciders to S'Essy and the strange woman in a red dress.

"Here you go ladies and gents!" He took a swig of the nearest mug of ale. "Cheers everyone!" He raised the mug to the middle. Hoping he had counted correctly. Ale for Pulren, Elea, himself and Cider for S'Essy and the pretty giggling stranger in red. Should all be covered. At least those who had joined them by the table and had stayed. The Akalak's servant and her new Akalak friend could get their own drinks.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Words: 1104443
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Lo'campo on November 24th, 2014, 4:02 pm

Taking hold of the chair, he gladly sat down sitting straight up. "Relax." he told himself leaning into the chair. "My name is Loxudeianis, but you can call me Lo'campo. he answered not wanting the question to hang in the air. This interaction thing seemed pretty easy to the blue giant until he realized the awkward silence starting to creep in. "So, tell me about yourself. Why is a person as elegant looking as you not have someone to appreciate it?" That was good right? Not too much? He wasn't going to be a dog, he would act civilized, charming, and gentlemen like, or at least try to. Reaching out for a drink, he paused skipping the ale and taking two cups of the cider. "Would you like one?" He asked Firenze motioning the drink towards her. He was surprised that it had actually worked on the first try, not counting when he had to change direction earlier. All he had to do now was go with the flow, relax.

A quick glance toward the man that was now sketching something in his book before catching the woman's eye following it out towards the crowd. Did she want to dance? He didn't know how to dance really, trying to mimic the moves of the dancers in his head. It looked pretty simple, just moving to the rhythm of the music remembering the quick dance lesson given to him before he departed out to the party by his older sibling. A thought to keep in mind though just in case she suggested it or he wanted to give it a go. Taking a large gulp of the disgusting liquid he forced himself to drink and not vomit, he looked out to the rest of the party glad that he had made took the first step and actually spoke with another person. Taking another sip, he turned to watch the man sketch his drawing, not wanting to disturb him or his work. He could see the concentration on the man's face, the focus being put into what ever he was drawing.

Another shift of her golden eyes made him uneasy. Did she really want to dance that badly? Well it would have been better than just sitting there doing nothing. Her clothing looked nice on her, so why not show it off right? Swallowing another gulp of cider hoping it would give him the same courage of ale instead of torturing his taste buds, he went to ask her giving a light touch onto her arm to gain her attention. "Would you like to dance?" He asked pointing over into the direction she was looking. Why was she here without a date? The question reappearing in his head once again. She seemed like a nice person. Thinking nothing of it, he gave a smile along with his question. It was time to see if luck were on his side again.

-Loxudeianis Basunreph Campo

Oumoc Basunreph Campo
Lo'campo
The Sunset Quarter monster

Words: 313620
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2014, 12:24 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Toan Onox on November 25th, 2014, 1:37 am

With his fingers folded together he allowed a laugh at her agreement to the need for more drink, his casual grin broadened as he glanced down to his little sketch book when she asked him about it. "Nato is my name fair lady, tis a pleasure to meet you." He greeted as he took her name to memory, the blue newcomer unnoticed as Toan explained the book. "This here contains all my collections of work, I'm an artist that sketches just about anything really." And then there he was, the eyes went up to the woman he addressed and suddenly the blue man was right next to her. It had alarmed him for just a moment as he hadn't expected to see the man, first a purple colored giant and now a blue one found himself right next to the woman.

The artist paid closer attention as the newcomer took the seat, introducing himself with that of a long unusual name and with a shorter one to go by. Loxudeianis... Lo'campo. An interestin looking brute I can say that much. Toan collected as he observed the mannerisms the Akalak took, he had to admit he found these colored giants to be interesting to watch. Of course the artist wasn't impressed with how the man came onto Firenze so quickly, in fact it merely amused the artist as he peered around his shoulder once more to see if he could spot his familiar companion. He wondered just where exactly the Kelvic had taken to hiding, and if he was likely to return with any sort of profitable information. So far all Toan fished up was just a various few people that were slightly interesting, they being the group he'd sat down with and caught the names of in that short span of time.

Then the lady was asked to have a dance with the blue giant, an idea that intrigued the artist granted her purple friend probably wouldn't like it. The silly sense of fun found in all this left the quiet artist to snicker just a little, a grin barely carved itself in his expression as he struggled to reveal most of the silent charade before him. Possessiveness was definitely present with the two ladies and their jolly giant, and that definitely counted for something useful later on down the line. "By all means, dance with the fellow m'lady Fire! He's a proper gent and looks like he knows how to move his feet." He encouraged as he decided to lay back in his chair some and open the sketch book once more, though he wasn't quite ready to draw again yet he definitely felt it'd help him blend into the group more.
"Toan's words" Toan's thoughts "Ven's words" Ven's thoughts "Other's words"

Ricky - Byron
Journal - Plotnotes
Scrapbook - Image Edits - Updates - Vlogs
10-14-14 Update: Toan will be sent to Sunberth after his significant events in Nyka have been wrapped up!
Toan Onox
"I play the leading man."

Words: 109863
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2011, 3:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext