PM to join [Ruby's Scarlet Sanctum] Hunting for Whispers (Aider)

Aider uses Kaie's position to gain access to valuable information.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Ruby's Scarlet Sanctum] Hunting for Whispers (Aider)

Postby Kaie on December 15th, 2014, 5:51 am

Speaking of... She thought to herself when Aider's shadowy figure slipped up beside her. A glance was offered toward the man but nothing more. Gaze fixed straight ahead into the immense crowd soon after. Her ears, however, were eager for what he had to whisper. She felt the dropping of his hand beside hers, let their fingers brush momentarily, before her arms were dutifully folded behind her back. Too many eyes. Too many other whisperers, and none whose masters I could ever know. Linking herself to any gang was enough to merit an assassination. Of course such a term would be rather egotistic, considering she was merely another face in the crowd as far as Sunberth was concerned. Home was a long way off, and she would be damned if she'd die before seeing Falyndar's shore again.

"Depends of who the other party is. I'm guessing you didn't get much farther then? I hoped her intentions might've been known," The Myrian murmured over the raised voices of the aroused audience. Girls and boys alike continued to perform and retreat back to their rooms, or venture out for patrons. To Aider's mention of Joan, Kaie gave a long exhale. "Always is." She caught another glance of the orphan guard, closer now, but once more he vanished between bodies. Kaie shook her head and gestured with her chin toward the people before them. Men wolf called from almost every corner, and even women struggled to keep their hands to themselves when a whore lingered close. The wild lust was palpable as ever. "There's something sick in this world you live in. And it's not just here in Sunberth."

"Oi, you try'na buy this one or somethin'?" The gruff voice of the always tense orphan spoke up from the darkness itself. Soon enough his thick frame faded into view. The blood splattered across his breast was red as wine and nearly as sweet. "Don't let her fool you. She's not nearly as high end as she'll have you believe...Unless you're into that..." His condescending eyes shifted from Aider to the Myrian, saving an especially cruel smirk just for her. The candlelight flickering now and then across his hands revealed viciously torn skin at the knuckles. A testament to the brutality displayed in the streets a bell ago. "But if not I suggest you move your arse. This savage and I have a job to do. Isn't that right?"

Kaie looked down at her boots for a tick, tongue flicking out and across her bottom lip. Her arms dropped back to her front. There was a twitch of her sword-hand, the suppression of old habits. Instead the back of the hand tapped Aider's chest, halting any advance he might've wished to make.
"Apparently we have something to handle. Go get yourself a drink or something in the meantime." And with that she disappeared with the man, the two guards vanishing down one of the back corridors where the whores retreated. Though silence persisted between the two until the brute led her into one room in particular and shut the door behind them, both of them let their hands linger unsettlingly close to their weapons.

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Aider Silander on December 15th, 2014, 7:09 pm

She was tense and Aider could feel it. Though he didn't blame her, she was putting herself on the line with the chance of him getting caught. His eyes scanned over the crowd.
"I could have followed. But the chances are you would have found my body on the street. I'd rather not die quiet yet. There is no reason to rush towards death" he said with a simple shrug. He tucked his hand inside his pocket at he felt the heat of lust and want raising in the whore house. His eyes tracing back to Kaie as she answered his statement about Joan. A long breath before two words that made him chuckle. He nodded when she spoke about the world that he lived in.

With a sigh he turned to face her.
"You are here to you know and it's not like I could survive in the place you call home ether. I would need a lot of training before that would ever be possible" he said clearly. "Not that I would mind taking that training" he mumbled under his breath before he heard the voice of someone join them. His fingers already working with the cruel strap of the weapon he carried. He slowly to face the orphan and shook his head. "I wouldn't expect someone with such a simple mind to understand a finer taste" he said simply. The words coated in a venom that Aider had gained from being in this city. Her hand came up to his chest quicker then he could move. He acknowledge what it meant without looking towards her.

"I'll figure something out..." he said. "Stay safe" he whispered to her before slipping off into the crowd. The orphan had ticked him off just like Joan on the first night. Who Aider still needed to find, but that could wait. He would need to calm himself before moving on. The last thing he needed to do was throw a punch at Joan and end up screwing Kaie over. The longer he was here the more at risk, he felt, that he put her. It was bothering him and he wanted to get out quickly but at the same time did not want to leave her.

He sighed and shook his head. His eyes glanced up to the bar that they had met by. He walked off to stay out of sight and away from prying eyes. Leaning against a wall he once again looked over the crowd. He could easily slip out at this point, it would have made the whole trip a waste of time. But it would provide them both with less danger. But if he just disappeared without her knowing it might raise more of a problem. His fingers felt the smooth leather of the knuckleduster in his pocket. He sighed and ran a hand down his face. Running was something he could do. Something he was used to doing. His hand ran down his leg, still feeling the tender spot where the blade had dug into his leg. He didn't run that night and running now would just make him feel like a coward.

He wondered if he would be able to convince her to leave the city with him. Their relationship had changed again with a more serious or possible tone to it before. But she was withdrawn about it.
"But I wouldn't thank any gods just yet. They have an awful habit of taking away the things you love."Her words still echoed in his mind, a statement that he knew was true but refused to accept it. But he had not been dipped so far into the pool of religion as she had. She grew up following a Goddess Queen and Aider had grown up in a place where demi gods ruled. But he refused to accept them as anything worth while. He closed his eyes and pulled his hand out of his pocket, cracking his knuckles. He couldn't run, not yet. If he did then he would just be a coward and that was not something he could live with. That was one of the last things he wanted Kaie to know him as.

Hey all, just wanted to say I am sorry for any delays and failed promises. I am getting ready for a huge trip out of the country as well as taking on a lot of extra shifts at work. The creative side of my brain hasn't been active as of late.
Aider Silander
She has my heart on the end of her blade.

Words: 170163
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2013, 4:03 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kaie on December 28th, 2014, 7:31 am

It had been difficult to keep a surprised grin off her face when Aider had defended her. Though the brutish orphan and his deeply scarred face was intimidating in itself, his wicked tone had only heightened the vibe of danger that consumed him. None of that seemed to have bothered Aider much. The Myrian didn't yet decided if that indifference was foolish or not. Still she felt the lingering admiration for the man, who was coming out of his shell as of late, as she stood before her tense peer. The Orphan let out a grunt with the locking of the door behind them. His gaze found her hand, which was pointedly settled on the hilt of her gladius. A wicked sneer crossed his features and his own grubby hand reached down for the long daggers at his hips. They were never drawn. Instead the belt the weapons were stored upon slipped from his waist, and was discarded with a carelessly toss to the man's feet. The foreigner's brow furrowed and she mirrored his gesture. Kukri harness and gladius belt dropped from her body behind her.

"A job to do, hm? And not a whore to be found here," Kaie accused the man with a grand gesture with her open palms about the room. The few candles scattered about provided what little light a brothel needed to set a mood. Unfortunately, it wasn't the same one the two disgruntled guards were feeling.
"We both know you can't be that bloody stupid," The Orphan answered with a few steps in her direction. The curl of his lips edged closer to maleficent.

"Just giving you a chance to reconsider. Ruby doesn't like her time or coin wasted."
"Let's make this quick then!" Her fellow mercenary growled as he rushed her, shooting a balled fist out toward her. With a grit of her teeth she too had sprung to action. At the sight of his charge, the savage crouched defensively and lifted her hands in a last minute guard. The Orphan's go at her face was knocked away with her leading forearm, and her own right hook came swinging at his skull. Being raised by the streets had not made the man soft. He bobbed and weaved beneath the hit, and countered with a well-aimed jab into her ribs.

With a cry the Myrian fell back, stumbling with a thud against the back wall. The gnosis on the back of her neck burned vengefully against her flesh. Let me bring you his pain, She prayed silently while she found her bearings. Then she was rocketing forward from her resting place with a war-like shout. A straight punch at his eyes was feigned, demanding his attention and reaction, but her delivery came with a vicious kick to his groin. The Orphan gave a howl and collapsed to his knees. Face contorted with agony, the man was caught unawares with the a hook shot to his jaw. It spun him like a top onto the ground. Hands braced upon the wooden floor to shove him back to his feet. The way he stood, she could tell there was a forced ignoring of his tender crotch. His stance was almost sideways as if warding off another strike to that area. To save his pride, though, he made the first move.

He bull-rushed her with a roar, coming in low toward her legs. Kaie tried to catch him first, taking a step back to gain a greater center when he crashed against her. His arms wrapped around the backs of her knees, and as they fell, her elbow flew down against his back. Once, twice, until he drove her breathless against the ground. The air whooshed from her lungs to leave her gasping. The Orphan had no intention on missing the chance to capitalize on opportunity. With his opponent stunned, the man tugged himself back over her. Wild amber eyes looking upward noticed the blood dribbling from one bruised corner of his lip. He seized her with both hands by the throat, squeezing down upon her with a brutish show of his teeth. The savage beneath him choked and gagged, but Myri's blessing continued its persistent burn.

Kaie's hands wrapped around his wrists, and with a simple plucking motion that tugged them outward from her throat, she was freed. Having lost the balance of his hands, The Orphan's forehead came hurtling down to meet hers. The Myrian jerked her skull away from the dropping path of his, and brought her hands back together to clap upon the man's ears. Stunned, she gave a twist of her hips to knock him off and turn the tables. Straddling him, Kaie's balled fists came raining down upon him in a fury. Again and again she struck him. The violence only ended with the clouding over of the man's swollen eyes that signaled his fading from consciousness. His head rolled to one side and he spit blood upon the floor.

The Myrian sat up straight upon him, gasping as she looked upward toward the ceiling. After a few ticks she found her feet and strode back to her weapons. She returned to kukri harness and gladius weapon belt to her body. Then, as she strode toward the door, she gave the recovering man upon the floor a nudge with the toe of her boot.

"You petching finished now? Over it? Get up. Like you said, we have a petching job to do." The man gave a cough and a resigned nod. He rolled to his stomach and forced himself to his knees, giving another spit toward the floor. "Aye. Cannibalistic bastards. You're tougher than ya looked," He choked out with a mellowness that almost sounded like earned respect, but certainly not outright defeat. "It's Dennis." She let his comments be for a moment and focused on herself. There was a grimace as she felt the bruising upon her ribs as she neared the door. "Kaie." He gave her a weak, bloody smile and a nod. Only a few ticks of hesitation were needed to put herself back together to exit back to the brothel. She closed the door behind her to give the man the time he needed. Unlike her, his appearance was not spared.

Walking from the corridor and back into the crowd, her gaze searched for the man she'd left several chimes ago. The final acts of Ruby's show were finishing up, and patrons were making their decisions to either rent one of the brothel's whores or head out to the streets. Either the way, the Myrian couldn't be more pleased the night was slowly coming to an end. If he hasn't gotten himself a drink yet, I will. And with that she ventured toward the bar counter she'd first met with Aider that evening. She could only hope he hadn't wandered too far if he had chosen to linger at all.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Aider Silander on December 30th, 2014, 5:01 am

The gods, powerful beings beyond the realm of mortal men. Far from the bloodshed and hatred that coated the streets of Sunberth. Or maybe not so far indeed. Dira must remain some what close as to watch all the souls that leave their earthly bounds in his forsaken place. The gods were beings that Aider did not understand. Ones that he blessed and cursed all within the same breath. Uncertainty scared him, not knowing if something would happen tore at his very core and here he was chasing the very thing he was afraid of. Kaie in her own right was an uncertainty. She could run at any moment or just leave him for dead. The thought had never left his mind. She could betray him and kill him. Drive a knife into his throat and send him to Dira. But he trusted her for a reason that he could not explain.

Dira had been a name that had echoed along side Kaies name in his head. The Goddess of death could take them from each other if she pleased. Death was not something you could run from and was for sure not something you could just ignore. It came for everyone at some given time. Rumors of a race of undead that Dira despised had filled his ears before, in both Nyka and Sunberth. He wondered if that was something he wanted. To go against the goddess of death.
"No.. There is no benefit in running from Dira's grasp." He saw no benefit to suffering through life for a longer then necessary. People had sought after eternal life. The gift of never having to die. Those people made no sense.

His eyes wandered upward as he saw the curly locks pushing through the crowed that was slowly finishing as the show drew towards and end. He pushed away from the wall and walked towards Kaie. She seemed fine, his eyes traced along the curves of her body, no physical injuries or damage that he could see from her outward appearance. He stepped beside her and gave her a small smile.
"Everything go alright?" He asked with a hint of worry in his eyes. She could protect herself sure, but that wouldn't stop the man who cared from worrying nor would it stop the curious man from asking. "I haven't seen Joan since he was with you.. I assume he's been with Ruby or has already left.. Pity"

Hey all, just wanted to say I am sorry for any delays and failed promises. I am getting ready for a huge trip out of the country as well as taking on a lot of extra shifts at work. The creative side of my brain hasn't been active as of late.
Aider Silander
She has my heart on the end of her blade.

Words: 170163
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2013, 4:03 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kaie on January 29th, 2015, 7:33 pm

For all the instances she had forced herself to feign apathy if only to save him, never had relief flooded her so quickly upon laying eyes on her lover. Bronze hands gently nudged the crowd out of her path. Step by step she'd weaved from one end of the brothel to the other, mouth twitching in the faintest expression of discomfort when her torso throbbed. Her approach was deliberate, amber eyes keen in their search until they found him. Their eyes met, and though the concern was plain in his, the Myrian made no effort to merit it. She flashed her teeth at him and brushed away the remark with a flick of her hand.

"It's a whore house. Alright is relative," Kaie shrugged with a grin as she paused before him. Part of her wished to lean in and kiss him, to run her hands along the curves of his body lustfully. Discipline and rationality prevented her compulsions. The last thing she needed was to flaunt her affections before an unknown enemy waiting to exploit her vulnerabilities. Either of their vulnerabilities actually. "The whores are finishing their final act and we can be free of Ruby's madness. Once the prostitutes pick their customers for the evening, the rest will be gone. I'm sure Ruby will be very preoccupied with Joan...which means I can be very distracted by you." There was a mischievous twinkling in her eyes and a raising of a curved brow. At her back she could hear the music blaring again, lights dancing while men and women for sale made their final performance together.

"You haven't forgotten which room is mine, have you?" The Myrian gave him a shove back toward the wall, exaggerated for effect for those watching from behind though the look in her eyes was nothing short of coy. Her left hand slipped something from her body. The right hand made a show of gripping the kukri blade at her back. Her voice was all that was exempt from the threatening yet discreet show she'd created in the shadows. A key was cleverly tucked into the waistband of the front of his pants, shirt tugged down over it in a flash. "Help yourself to wine if you want it. I won't keep you waiting long." And with that they parted ways, the savage mocking distrust as he left her there. Then in a tick her hand removed itself from the kukri and she was back on the prowl. New hustle was given toward her tasks, hastening the time until she could meet with Aider.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Monarch on February 9th, 2015, 10:03 pm

Monarch

You have pleased your King!

Kaie
XP
  • +2 Intimidation
  • +1 Planning
  • +1 Observation
  • 1 Stealth
  • +2 Unarmed Combat
  • +1 Seduction
Lores
  • Ruby's Drive for the Perfect Show
  • Handling a Crowd at Swordpoint
  • The Mother's Disapproval of Foreigners
  • Sunberth: A World Beyond Understanding
  • Unarmed: Feign High and Hit Low
  • Dennis: The Mad Orphan,
Notes
  • I haven't had a chance to read one of your threads before, and I must say I was very impressed! I really loved your description of daily life at the whorehouse, and thought your combat scene was a thrilling read. Well done!

Aider
XP
  • +2 Flirting
  • +2 Observation
  • +1 Planning
Lores
  • Meeting Kaie on Neutral Ground
  • Truly and Honestly Happy
  • Truly and Honestly Angry
  • Living In Defiance of the Gods
Notes
  • I really enjoyed getting to know your character and the struggle Aider experienced with his understanding of faith. Nice job!

Please edit your post in the Grade Request thread! If you have any problems with this grade, please PM me. Happy stabbings!
Monarch
Did it for the juggles.

Words: 112689
Joined roleplay: May 7th, 2011, 1:32 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Previous