OOC Info [Riverfall] Take The Plunge!

This thread is Riverfall's OOC Chatter thread. Feel free to post anything here you want. We're open to discussions, questions, fun images, anything at all is fair game.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Riverfall] Take The Plunge!

Postby Zephari on May 8th, 2015, 10:20 pm

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but i am trying to figure out what kind of wage for the job I want that I would get? Working in the Coalinga mines is what I was thinking, in fact I sort of jumped the gun on that and already made a solo work thread about it, so I apologize about that. I have messaged Goss about it but she's hasn't responded. I assume she is very busy with other more important things so I completely understand. If any storyteller here would be willing to work with me on this that would be great.
Zephari
The Collector

Words: 107646
Joined roleplay: February 22nd, 2015, 7:27 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Ashar on May 8th, 2015, 10:40 pm

Daily wages for most jobs available in Mizahar are listed in the price list under expenses. There's a link to it under the master lists button at the top of the web page. You'll need to ask Gossamer to actually get the job though, for she needs to add that to your Storyteller Secrets thread.
Ashar is being renovated. Be patient!

"Do not try to fight yourself. Such is the road to chaos."
Image Image Image
Ashar
Pushing onward

Words: 142780
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 1:04 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Zephari on May 8th, 2015, 11:00 pm

There is no set wage for Miner or prospector in the price list thread. But thanks anyway. I guess I'll just have to wait for Goss to respond.
Zephari
The Collector

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Zephari on May 20th, 2015, 1:47 am

Are there any storytellers out there that would be willing to play an NPC weapon trainer in a weapon training thread with my character? I have been unable to find any PC that could fit the bill and don't believe I could write for an NPC and keep to that NPC's character.

Zephari
The Collector

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Vizayas on May 20th, 2015, 2:20 am

To gain insight on how to NPC a character, it can be a good idea to search for threads where someone trains under that NPC and take pointers from how they utilize that character's personality together with the NPC write up. It can be easy to rework dialogue in a thread if something ends up not being acceptable. Don't be afraid of failure.

I would be willing to guest ST a thread with you. Confirm and let me know what weapon you want to learn from which NPC and I'll write up the plot notes and send them in. Unless Gossamer thinks she'll have some fun doing it herself. ; )

Also, Reimancy seems to be the preferred method of extracting the gemstones in that mine. I imagine that an educated geologist or spelunker could be useful in determining where to mine and where to reinforce to find more healthy deposits and keep the place structurally stable. Without Reimancy, mining is referenced under Laborer for 1-2 GM/Season. I'm not sure, but you may get a larger wage due to the nature of the mine with approval from Gossamer, possibly. Some places get nonstandard wages, like the Zeltiva Martial Society.
ImageImageImage
Vizayas
Squire Mage

Words: 113870
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2014, 9:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on June 1st, 2015, 1:58 am

Endrkyas has been getting all my love recently. I've been a very bad Founder and RS/DS whatever else title you want to tie onto it. I apologize for that. I know I assigned you a wage already, Zephari, but I'll add miner to the lore page under job because I didn't know it was stressing you out.

NPCs are pretty easily used by PCs if you don't mind running them yourself. Others can guest them if you can talk someone into it. Some of the best ways to get someone to run a guest moderated thread for you is to offer to run one for them in exchange. That way you both get practice roleplaying other characters.

Good luck with that.

I also wanted to say that the Season Change is tomorrow. Please put up your wage requests in the wage request thread and I'll start taking care of them tomorrow. Get your placeholders in tonight if you have unfinished business that you need to thread about.

I'm still here answering PMs and doing what I can when I can so don't hesitate to send me one if you need something. You can ask here but I might not always see it quickly. I'm going to be busy gutting and rebuilding Endrykas soon. I'm just waiting for a phone call that means I have to stop driving south so much to get started.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Gossamer on June 2nd, 2015, 3:30 am

A Fantastical Summer

Strange things are afoot in Cyphrus this season. Among the cities, there are numerous events going on that seem strange and almost supernatural. Ghostly apparitions, both on land and within the sea, arise to visit Cyphrus. And of course there are the doors. Just wait for the doors. They appear and disappear randomly leading to strange places. What in the world is going on? There will even be preternatural events that pcs can both witness and rp within.

The calendar is forthcoming in the next day or two. You can even come up with your own Fantastical Event this summer. Just run it by me please!

One change this season is that we won’t have a list of Seasonal Challenges. Instead, you must participate in twelve fantastical occurrences – either from the calendar or from your own mind – to win the seasonal challenge award. I’d love to see a huge diversity in these events. The sky is the limit. Towards the middle to the end of the season (July), we’ll start figuring out whats going on and why.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Timothy Mered on June 2nd, 2015, 3:44 am

Oh! Very exciting stuff! I'll be sure to try and help think of a Fantastical Event. Now you almost make me regret I am heading out of Riverfall this season...
Timothy Mered
Determined

Words: 296697
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2014, 1:43 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Featured Character (1)

Postby Ssezzkero on June 2nd, 2015, 3:36 pm

Oooooh, I am so excited! :D
Ssezzkero
Player

Words: 249053
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2014, 4:14 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Caelum on June 2nd, 2015, 8:27 pm

I like this idea a lot. Would anyone be interested in doing something akin to a murder mystery thread with ghosts and some big fantastical element that I’m sure one of us will dream up? We can solve an ancient crime!
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

PreviousNext