OOC Info [Riverfall] Take The Plunge!

This thread is Riverfall's OOC Chatter thread. Feel free to post anything here you want. We're open to discussions, questions, fun images, anything at all is fair game.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Riverfall] Take The Plunge!

Postby Timothy Mered on March 9th, 2015, 2:10 pm

Alrighty folks, I have been sitting on my lazy bum for too long. I've now spent two seasons with no income for Timothy and him basically living on charity. But I feel that in Miz, particularly in Riverfall, he'd be more encouraged (and inclined) to be employed by now.

So basically, this is an open solicitation to anyone who might have a little job on offer. I am not saying I absolutely need a PC employer, but I think that's more enjoyable than soloing job threads...

Here are some things I can see him do for example. Some of these may kinda look out of whack because they'd be unacceptable jobs for a twelve-year-old in the modern western world, but this is nitty gritty Mizahar and so I feel these might work:

- Inn/Tavern attendant *eyes Caelum* (I think I prefer this one the most because it goes well with his Socialization skills. Not sure if "attendant" is the right word here. What I mean is that he'd be serving platters, pouring drinks, and doing dishes...that kind of thing).
- General shop attendant/assistant. (He has some experience in this with tending to Jed's shop in Kenash, even though this is not really reflected in his XP as much).
- Couriering. (Very straightforward, also quite flexible. If you need things delivered across Riverfall, I think he could do that [Unless you've packaged sweets...those may not arrive untouched :P])
- Smithing, Carpenting.
- Busking (thanks Sezkero for the suggestion. Goes well with his singing skill).
- Altar boy. (Not so much of a "job". Still, it goes with his faith and perhaps with singing).

I am very much open to other ideas and suggestions. My biggest OOC concern is that I'd like something with a somewhat stable payrate. A PC employer would be awesome, but I am happy to NPC my way around as well if need be.

Any advice/suggestions?

Thanks!
Timothy Mered
Determined

Words: 296697
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2014, 1:43 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Rosela on March 9th, 2015, 2:38 pm

Rosela's always looking for a hand around the shop, especially now that her belly's starting to get in the way... She'd have a hundred things to do if you wanted, just help out around the shop, deliver packages (home-delivered fashion!), or, if you want something musical, provide a little background music?

His sweet little cheeks are quite the commodity, so Tim could probably have his pick of any of the businesses in town :)

Have a moment? Maybe drop by and leave a peer review?
Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Words: 739794
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Timothy Mered on March 9th, 2015, 3:42 pm

I'll have to see who bids the highest then? This brings back memories from the auction at Kenash o.0

On a more serious note, I am totally up to help Rosela out in her shop. In fact, I was planning to earn money so I could go buy some decent clothes from her store so it all comes together pretty nicely.

Something I forgot to mention, but that your offer already has, is that I am not necessarily looking for a full-time job. In fact, I might have him do two smaller on-and-off jobs instead of a big, week-filling one.

Sending you a PM now Rosela!
Timothy Mered
Determined

Words: 296697
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2014, 1:43 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Ataraxia Koilos on March 10th, 2015, 3:12 am

Hullo there!

Newcomer to Riverfall, not-so-new-comer to Miz.

Just posting in hopes of finding people to thread with.

Ataraxia's a garderner by trade, with a little botany and herbalism thrown in. Not much in the way of combat, but he's hit a few targets with quarrels and knocked about a few people with his spade in his time.

His character concept still needs a tad more fleshing out, but otherwise he's ready for most anything!

P.S.: OOC-wise, I'm wondering if I could find a PC to work under (i.e. a job) - I've always had a serious problem of running out of ideas halfway through a solo thread if it's long enough, so it'd be certainly more fun to do so.
Ataraxia Koilos
Henderson!

Words: 6321
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2015, 3:13 pm
Character sheet

Postby Ayatah on March 13th, 2015, 8:19 am

Hello Riverfall!

I've recently pulled this PC out of retirement and I'm restarting things with her in Ruverfall. So, anyone who would like to thread with a scholarly half-savage, PM me. :D

Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Words: 667148
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2012, 11:30 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Rosela on March 13th, 2015, 1:19 pm

Welcome back! Always nice to see an oldie return to the fold :)

If you'd like Ayatah to meet and hate be dazzled by full-blooded Eypharian fabulousness, hit me up!

Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Thomas Cosa on March 15th, 2015, 2:22 am

Hey all!

Thomas is offically in Riverfall this season, and if you're in the mood to thread with a cranky and disgraced Sahovan wizard, please feel free to drop into the open thread I've started!

Adapting to Exile

Thomas Cosa
What if no one could stop you?

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Words: 385707
Joined roleplay: October 20th, 2012, 9:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Gwin on March 17th, 2015, 10:14 pm

Note to all my thread partners.

I'm sorry for keeping you waiting in our threads. I haven't been motivated lately, but I hope that'll change soon. Details are in the link above. :)
Gwin
Guerilla Minstrel

Words: 144602
Joined roleplay: February 25th, 2011, 2:12 pm
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Hirem on March 19th, 2015, 6:21 pm

Hey everyone.

Continuing the trend of activity drops, I have to let you all know that my presence on Miz is going to take a pretty severe hit. Right now, things in my life are really messed up, and I need to devote almost all of my time to rebuilding myself and my relationships. I haven't had the luxury of time to post, and I don't want to disappoint you all by turning in writing that I'm not proud of, so... yeah. Give me some time to work things out in the real world and I'll see if I can't return to a semi-normal posting schedule. Thank you all very much.

My PCs:
Hirem
Hirem
The golden age is over.

Words: 615712
Joined roleplay: November 26th, 2009, 3:50 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Donor (1)

Postby Rosela on March 19th, 2015, 6:43 pm

Rough times all around :( Good luck out there, Mizahar will still be here when everything settles down.

Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext