OOC Info [Riverfall] Take The Plunge!

This thread is Riverfall's OOC Chatter thread. Feel free to post anything here you want. We're open to discussions, questions, fun images, anything at all is fair game.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Riverfall] Take The Plunge!

Postby Rosela on March 5th, 2015, 4:47 pm

No worries! There's a lot of stuff on there, so it's easy to lose track.

Have a moment? Maybe drop by and leave a peer review?
Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Words: 739794
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Stye on March 5th, 2015, 8:53 pm

More opportunities to display my ignorance:

1. Poisons.
I've been reading up on poisons in Mizahar. It seems as though poisons themselves are not illegal in Riverfall (or anywhere else for that matter), but the delivery paraphernalia are. I was hoping to find a black market in poisons, but if they are sold by herbalists anyway, what would be the point.

2. Drugs.
Drugs appear to be legal as well. So how does one have a black market for drugs?

Thanks.
Stye
We are not so different, you and I.

Words: 21201
Joined roleplay: February 23rd, 2015, 3:25 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Rosela on March 6th, 2015, 3:48 pm

What's legal/illegal in Riverfall isn't so much about what's strictly written into law - there's no list on the books as to 'these drugs are legal, these are not'. It's more about keeping order. If you make waves and stir up trouble, the Kuvay'nas are going to shut you down, plain and simple. Being a PC won't protect you - I've seen PCs run out of town for crossing the line without considering the consequences.

That's not to say there isn't an underground, it's just very small and you'll have to work with that. Off the top of my head, What Boils Beneath can deal in things like drugs and poisons, and you can probably make a connection in Zhongjie if you're willing to meet in a back alley.

However, if you want to toe this line, especially since you're new to the city, I'd strongly suggest talking to Gossamer about your plans. She has the final say in what's allowed and will be able to give you some direction in how to best accomplish your PC's goals.

Have a moment? Maybe drop by and leave a peer review?
Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Words: 739794
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Stye on March 6th, 2015, 4:35 pm

Thanks again Rosela.
Stye

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Ssezzkero on March 8th, 2015, 5:00 pm

Hey guys! I wanted to jump start all the fun festivals this season, so I opened a thread for Sweetday! The thread can be found here, for all those who wish to participate! :)
Ssezzkero
Player

Words: 249053
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2014, 4:14 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Stye on March 8th, 2015, 8:29 pm

THREAD IDEA

I'm thinking about a city-wide Freerunning (Parkour) competition. Maybe in conjunction with the arrival of Endrykas at its Spring location. The idea would be for each round of posts to represent one leg of the race. I would think this event would be great for working on Running and Acrobatics skills. And it would allow people to show of their skill (or lack thereof) in those areas, perhaps with some humor thrown in.

I have some questions that I need input on before launching this as a Grab Bag event.

1. How is the winner decided? I think maybe randomly, held secret by a judge. What do you think?

2. Where in or around Riverfall should this take place. Needs lots of obstacles, things that people have to go around, under, over, whatever. Walls and buildings would be great. Can it be a run from Riverfall to Endrykas, or vice versa?

3. Speaking of Endrykas, is their any reason we can't open this up for their participation as well?

4. Should this be moderated by someone? Perhaps describing the next leg of the race so that everyone has the same general picture of the terrain in their head.

Give me some input and I'll get the thread started and drop it into the Grab Bag.
Stye

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Alcor on March 9th, 2015, 3:21 am

is this parkour idea at night? because if it takes place during the day my character will have ether an unfair advantage (he can fly) or a disadvantage (no legs)
Alcor
Depressing Spirtist.

Words: 24727
Joined roleplay: November 13th, 2014, 1:31 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Stye on March 9th, 2015, 3:31 am

Jeeze, Alcor. Make it complicated, why don't you. :)
Stye

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Alcor on March 9th, 2015, 4:22 am

It's what I do :P
Alcor
Depressing Spirtist.

Words: 24727
Joined roleplay: November 13th, 2014, 1:31 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ssezzkero on March 9th, 2015, 11:27 am

I'm sure there could be deprecate events in each city, but a run from
Riverfall to Endrykas and vice versa would be a 12 day run. Might be a bit tough...

What about the Form and Fitness Festival? Maybe it can be added as an open event?
Ssezzkero
Player

Words: 249053
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2014, 4:14 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

PreviousNext